shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like emerald cut rings?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I do, I think they look so elegant. They remind me of older times, but they seem so lady like. I don't know if this is making any sense lol, I'm not very good at describing it. Post pics if you have any! =)

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
A big, fat, bezel-set emerald cut is one of my all-time favorite rings! I love them as long as they're fatties.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I love them :love: my ering will be an emerald cut with tapered baguettes, im very excited to get it!

They're a very classic, elegant look, even though they dont sparkle so much as brilliant shapes.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Blackpaw|1311176481|2972998 said:
I love them :love: my ering will be an emerald cut with tapered baguettes, im very excited to get it!

They're a very classic, elegant look, even though they dont sparkle so much as brilliant shapes.

That's my favorite style for Emerald cuts! I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw, when will your ring be ready? I am excited to see it! My EC came over a month ago, but my camera is not working a the moment or I would send in pics!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1311185032|2973123 said:
Blackpaw, when will your ring be ready? I am excited to see it! My EC came over a month ago, but my camera is not working a the moment or I would send in pics!

YOU'VE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON US :bigsmile:

How could you?! When you get that camera fixed id love to see your ring, i remember your search for the stone. The search for an EC is certainly a bit painful i found :wacko: What kind of setting did you end up going with?

My EC is ready and my SO has it held hostage until he decides to propose. All i know is it will be this year, but im really hoping for this summer...im getting a little antsy in my pantsy you might say :bigsmile:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
sweet_pea|1311176930|2973012 said:
Blackpaw|1311176481|2972998 said:

That's my favorite style for Emerald cuts! I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!

Thanks sweet pea! im very excited to see it =)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love emerald cuts--they are mesmerizing!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Holding head in shame :blackeye:. Yes I did get the ring, and I kept hoping I would get the time to load pics, then the camera wasn't working, and one darn thing after another...

I got what I think is called a stock ring ie. not a custom design. I will have it reset possibly in a few years, if I don't upgrade that is :bigsmile:

Let me see... it is a bezel, uplated WG with a very wide band. I went quite the opposite of so many PSers with my band size. You see, I've no interest in wearing a wedding ring with it, and usually wear quite large rings/bands. For myself I could have gone wider on the band, but didn't see anything I liked. The stone is 1.01 (gotta put that .01 in!), H, VS1, no flor. I saw a video and picked this one out of the lot as it just outperformed the others by a mile. One stone was bigger (similar price bracket), but this one was the best visually. It is quite a heavy ring for it's size and about as different as one can get from the delicate halos I've been seeing here, but I really like it. The EC took some getting used to as in my neck of the woods RB's are the norm. I don't care for RB's myself and wanted something completely different and not soooo sparkly (although AV's are sure purdy).

I'll see if I can dig out an old camera around here. I've only posted pics once and I completely forgotten how to do so...

Anyway, I went with GOG and was very pleased. I thought when I posted pics I would talk about that experience a bit more, but suffice to say it went very smoothly ordering online and across the border. Ridiculously so. Local jewellers told such horror stories, and nothing of the sort went on. I learned a fair bit along the way as well. I was initially after a smaller stone in a D,E, or F. Sarah at GOG steared my gently toward a larger H, and I'm glad that I did. Especially with the type of setting I prefer as wide bands can make the stone appear smaller IMO.

I am very excited about your upcoming proposal. What's his number, I'll give him a dingle and light a fire under his...can I say butt here? Ooops just did. As I recall you got one fabulous diamond? EC's are just so breathtaking and different. I started with a half carat oval myself. Do you know, we paid more for that mediocre half carat oval twenty years ago than this EC. I kid you not. Long story. Another case of overpaying for average stuff with local jewellers. Don't everyone jump on me for that comment, it happened to us...

Anyway thanks for listening. I've dug out a camera. Not too sure what it will take by way of quality shots...now how to upload pics...

maria121

Shiny_Rock
I love emerald cuts and my e-ring is with an EC as well. They are such a classic and I love the flashes it gives out when it is hit by the sun/light. :love:

Blackpaw, I hope your DBF will propose to you soon, but it is definitely worth the wait. I had to wait for a couple of months before I got my proposal in May.

Here is my e-ring. Thank you for letting me share.

E-ring.jpg

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1311192463|2973235 said:
Holding head in shame :blackeye:. Yes I did get the ring, and I kept hoping I would get the time to load pics, then the camera wasn't working, and one darn thing after another...

I got what I think is called a stock ring ie. not a custom design. I will have it reset possibly in a few years, if I don't upgrade that is :bigsmile:

Let me see... it is a bezel, uplated WG with a very wide band. I went quite the opposite of so many PSers with my band size. You see, I've no interest in wearing a wedding ring with it, and usually wear quite large rings/bands. For myself I could have gone wider on the band, but didn't see anything I liked. The stone is 1.01 (gotta put that .01 in!), H, VS1, no flor. I saw a video and picked this one out of the lot as it just outperformed the others by a mile. One stone was bigger (similar price bracket), but this one was the best visually. It is quite a heavy ring for it's size and about as different as one can get from the delicate halos I've been seeing here, but I really like it. The EC took some getting used to as in my neck of the woods RB's are the norm. I don't care for RB's myself and wanted something completely different and not soooo sparkly (although AV's are sure purdy).

I'll see if I can dig out an old camera around here. I've only posted pics once and I completely forgotten how to do so...

Anyway, I went with GOG and was very pleased. I thought when I posted pics I would talk about that experience a bit more, but suffice to say it went very smoothly ordering online and across the border. Ridiculously so. Local jewellers told such horror stories, and nothing of the sort went on. I learned a fair bit along the way as well. I was initially after a smaller stone in a D,E, or F. Sarah at GOG steared my gently toward a larger H, and I'm glad that I did. Especially with the type of setting I prefer as wide bands can make the stone appear smaller IMO.

I am very excited about your upcoming proposal. What's his number, I'll give him a dingle and light a fire under his...can I say butt here? Ooops just did. As I recall you got one fabulous diamond? EC's are just so breathtaking and different. I started with a half carat oval myself. Do you know, we paid more for that mediocre half carat oval twenty years ago than this EC. I kid you not. Long story. Another case of overpaying for average stuff with local jewellers. Don't everyone jump on me for that comment, it happened to us...

Anyway thanks for listening. I've dug out a camera. Not too sure what it will take by way of quality shots...now how to upload pics...

Your ring sounds lovely! i love ECs with thick bands too, originally i was thinking of getting an EC set east-west and the width of the band would have been the width of the EC. In the end i changed my mind and went with the tapered baguettes and im a little concerned the band will be too thin, ill probably wear it on its own so hopefully it will survive! Its funny you say you've never been a fan of RBs - im the same, ive always liked ECs, and even picked them out of magazines without knowing what i was looking at when i was a little girl! I think pricescope has given me an appreciation of other shapes, although the only other i would wear myself would be an AVC, and i think its because they have something of a 'glassy' look like ECs do.

Oh and please feel free to light that fire under my SO's ... :bigsmile: i know he's planning something but the suspense is killing me - i even had the misfortune to be standing at reception at work (we work for the same company) when the fedex man arrived! i watched my pretty in all its packaging walking away from me ;( oh the humanity!

Ok so now you've found a camera, where are the pics?! :cheeky:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Maria :wavey: love love your EC! and your nail polish too :bigsmile: i can imagine that beauty was worth waiting for!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love them! My original e-ring is an EC sapphire, and for a while I had .50ct diamond sides in a three stone. I did find that for me, I prefer ECs in large sizes, over 1ct for sure and perhaps over 2ct would be ideal :cheeky: It makes the facet pattern so much easier to enjoy! With some other shapes, I really like all sizes, like RBs, but steps I mostly like em big!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Maria121, I love your ring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite all time EC ring.

1152_G.sized.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yep! I love 'em! :love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that is just fabulous.

Maria: Whoo Ha! :love:

Blackpaw: Tell us about your diamond again please? :appl:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1311210349|2973459 said:
Oh my, that is just fabulous.

Maria: Whoo Ha! :love:

Blackpaw: Tell us about your diamond again please? :appl:

oh no dont tempt me, ill end up in a rant :bigsmile: not much to tell really, i got the stone from GOG like you, and Leon Mege has done the setting. Hence im worried the shank will be too thin :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do and I wear one as a RHR. :wavey:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love fat emerald cuts!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YES!!! It is my favorite cut of all....

Lori

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I wanted one for an e-ring, but I didn't really choose my e-ring. An emerald is on the list for a RHR though!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Maria121 - your ring is GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: :love: And you have such beautiful hands!

Gypsy - I can see why that is your favorite setting for an emerald. Its simple with just the right amount of detail! Stunning!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I adore emerald cuts! They are my favorite shape for diamonds. Here's a picture of mine:

Attachments

• kbec.bmp
    357.1 KB · Views: 698

maria121

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Everyone! :wavey:

It's a really difficult feeling to express, but I'm just head over heels over EC's. This is the only cut that makes me go crazy and I can stare at it for the whole day. :cheeky:

kittybean, your e-ring is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results