shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald/asscher cut rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Randi44

Rough_Rock
Hello, I was wondering if any of you can post pictures of your rings for me and the carat size. I am trying to get an idea of how certain sizes look on the hand. I am looking to get between a .6 and .8 carat diamond. Thanks for your help.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size is her finger?

Mine is a .71 ct. GIA certed G, VVS2 in a bezeled halo setting on a size 4.75. The halo definitely gives it some additional coverage, and I think I would have had immediate diamond shrinkage if this size had been prong set in a simple 4 prong setting.

original.aspx

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
In any case, with a step-cut diamond such as an Asscher or EC, I would focus on looking for diamonds with clarity of no more than a VS2, and colour around the G or H mark, and maybe some AGS "Is", to save some budget for size.

I think after cut and clarity, size should absolutely be your biggest concern as Asschers face up so small for their weight.

Randi44

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much! I value your opinion. O and by the way, your ring is really pretty. I think I am going to start looking for a setting like yours.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 3:20:07 PM
Author: Randi44
Thank you very much! I value your opinion. O and by the way, your ring is really pretty. I think I am going to start looking for a setting like yours.
Thank you!

My husband designed it himself, and had it made by Whiteflash. One of the last minute modifications that WF suggested, that I am so thankful that they did, was to add the beveled edge right before the bezel. In person it adds probably another .5 mm to the stone, which helps a ton since it faces up at just a hair under 5 mm.

Are you thinking EC or Asscher? An emerald cut set east-west may also give you additional finger coverage.

dolphingirl22

Shiny_Rock
here is a link to pictures of my asscher ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-halo-rhr.74579/

My ring size is 7.5

I would also suggest with an asscher that small to do a halo or a thick bezel like Laurens. It will make the diamond look a lot bigger.

You can get away with going lower on the color. I got mine specifically because it was an I color but has strong blue fluorescence, which makes it appear whiter. If you do go this route make sure you buy from a place that has a return policy so you can see the diamond first. In very rare cases the fluor. can make the diamond look mikly or cloudy. Hope this helps!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures of my EC set east west in a plain metal split shank. The stone is a 0.76ct E VS1 stone and the ring is sized to 4.5

DSCF0255.JPG

Bottom most ring on the pinkie finger.

chronobling.jpg

Also on the pinkie finger but the picture is taken at an angle.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya

here''s a link to my EC collection. I decided to keep my original e-ring as I love it to death and don''t want to change it.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 4:12:34 PM
Author: Po10472
Hiya

here''s a link to my EC collection. I decided to keep my original e-ring as I love it to death and don''t want to change it.
Your e-ring is just stunning, it makes the EC pop beautifully!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 4:34:38 PM
Author: brooklyngirl

Date: 12/26/2007 4:12:34 PM
Hiya

Your e-ring is just stunning, it makes the EC pop beautifully!
thank you
21.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine: 6.39 center 26 pts each baguette size 4 finger [and 5.75 knuckle!]

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Uploading the pic would help, I''m sure!

ECA flower shot 11.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Blu - that is a stonker of a ring. unbelievably huge. i sincerely hope you don''t suffer from diamond shrinkage cos where do you go from here?

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren - meant to say, I love your set, have always admired it.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 4:57:53 PM
Blu - that is a stonker of a ring. unbelievably huge. i sincerely hope you don''t suffer from diamond shrinkage cos where do you go from here?

I hate to tell you, but diamond shrinkage happens at any size, especially after over a dozen years! I think they shrink at night when we are asleep!
9.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Mine's .90ct, GIA certed I color, VS1 Emerald Cut. My favorite thing in the world. I wear a ring size 6.5.

ecglassy.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
here''s another.

bright9.jpg

Randi44

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I was just introduced to your setting style today. May I ask where you got it from?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I don''t have a pic, but I saw a woman with an EC around the size you''re looking at; it was set E-W on a single shared prong band... it was absolutely stunning and gave a lotta bling for the buck!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 10:56:09 PM
Author: Randi44
Your ring is beautiful! I was just introduced to your setting style today. May I ask where you got it from?
Randi if you mean me, my fiance got my ring at adiamor.com. He loved working with them and their prices were great.

Randi44

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I will check it out.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
1.09 asscher, E, VS1, size 6

IMG_0781b.jpg

p-nut

Rough_Rock
I''m new to the boards as I just got engaged last month and just today introduced myself on the Brides World Wide thread. I Have a 1.25ct. Emerald cut and thougth I''d share....Everyone''s rings are so beautiful.

PC220109.JPG

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
tberube - Your ring is spectacular! I can''t wait to see it on Saturday.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 20th Anniversary Present. I inherited the .50 ct. emerald cut stone and we had it set in a halo mounting with extra band. It is small, but the halo really revs it up and I love it!

PICT0003abs.JPG

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 6:25:13 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
tberube - Your ring is spectacular! I can''t wait to see it on Saturday.
Diamante, that''s a huge compliment coming from you, Miss Diamond Lady
emsmilep.gif
...not to mention ironic - as your pieces are out of this world! I ABSOLUTELY can''t wait to set my eyes on your big, gorgeous pieces.

Bring them all! Please!!
emwink.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mine is at the smaller spectrum of your range, and I absolutely love the size of an under 1 ct EC. You don''t see them often (at least you don''t around here!).

.62 EC -

elmortonec2.jpg

Randi44

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all who replied. All of your rings are beautiful. I actually got engaged today and we bought my ring in the NYC diamond district from I.D Jewlery. I will post pictures shortly. Thanks again for all of your support.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results