shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the lovely comments Deb, Ellen, Skippy, Linda, Sharon, Lisa, and innerkitten! I really appreciate it! This is the first piece of jewelry I've ever given my mother, so it feels very special to me.

Deb --thanks again for posting all of those links and for giving me such great ideas. I was considering getting her a Gurhan ring that is similar to this one, but the Gurhan was 2.5mm wide and the diamond was much smaller. I wanted to make something more substantial for mom for this important birthday, so I had this made. Her birthday is a month away--hopefully I will get some good handshots at her party!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coati,

YES, please take LOTS of pictures. We can''t wait!!!!! I know she will be thrilled.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
heehee Linda! You know I will!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 8:49:11 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Coati--your Mom''s ring is superb! Let us know how she likes it!

BTW, gorgeous chain!

Thanks! And I''ve been meaning to tell you that I LOVE your new wide band! I adore it--it is gorgeous on you.

I really want a wide gold band. I have my eye on this one.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19484003

Oh, and that chain is so fun. I''m also on the hunt for an interesting high karat chain. I''ve recently purchased some pearl pendants that are begging for a cool chain. :)

il_430xN.549234681111.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/16/2009 11:15:52 AM
Author: coatimundi

I really want a wide gold band. I have my eye on this one.

I want it. I really, really want it. It is reminding me of gold jewelry held by royal families and Imdanny''s avatar with the Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Henry VIII in a gold crown. I feel the gold lust upon me.

AGBF
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 11:45:28 AM
Author: AGBF

I want it. I really, really want it. It is reminding me of gold jewelry held by royal families and Imdanny's avatar with the Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Henry VIII in a gold crown. I feel the gold lust upon me.

AGBF

34.gif

haha I want it. I reallyreallyreally want it. Lusty gold.
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't this ring (which I posted earlier in this thread) look good with the ring Coati just posted? Maybe on a neighboring finger? Or perhaps a different hand?

AGBF
34.gif

ElizabethRyleClayPotRing.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marvellous pics Deb---so much gold jewellery.....so little time!

Now the weather is conductive to short sleeves, I have been wearing much/many yellow gold bracelets everyday....and feeling I could "use" a few more......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it was Holly who first introduced us to Nava Zahavi. I stumbled upon these 24K gold coin earrings set with tourmalines that she designed, which I love, while I was looking for something else! They have sterling silver backing.

AGBF
34.gif

NavaZahaviEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,

I absolutely love them!!!

Would you now, please, think of a way for me to pay for them?

Thanking you in advance for your help!

AGBF
34.gif

CurtaiCallEarring.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oooh fun picture! I have to go check out that site now!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am crazy about the Hawaii earrings, Harriet. Either would be scrumptious. You cannot trust my opinion because I am eaten up by envy, however. I thought it would be only fair to warn you. ;-) Hurry back with with pictures once you do pull the trigger...on all your purchases!!!

Love,
Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too prefer the Hawaii earrings. My only reservation is that the engraving on the two collections is different.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 7:08:19 PM
Author: Harriet
I too prefer the Hawaii earrings. My only reservation is that the engraving on the two collections is different.
HI:

Is it readily noticable--or just close up? Regardelss, nice pieces!

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,
It''s noticeable only upon cinspection. The Hawaii collection has vertical engraving whilst the Honolulu has horizontal engraving as well (which makes it look slightly richer).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/25/2009 7:08:19 PM

Harriet, I stumbled upon the most fabulous website! It is called Leone Italian Sparklers and it is great because it shows a Buccellati jewelry item from several vantage points and then allows you to enlarge each photo. On top of that, each photo is already very large and very clear. The detail is simply amazing! So if people want to go look at the detail of the Buccellati Hawaii earrings, they can do so. The photo I am posting here is nothing in comparison with what you can see at the actual website!

AGBF
34.gif

HawaiiEarring.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks, Deb.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I thought I'd post two of my gold items here in the gold thread. First my 22k granulated Balinese earrings. They're very good everyday earrings if you like earrings that stand out. I'm sorry that that they look a little dirty in the pic.

22kbalinese.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
These are recycled gold stacking bands made from some gold I had that I never wore anymore. They take up a little more finger than I''d expected when worn together. But they can also be worn alone or stacked with a thinner gold band or something with a stone. These are great if you like to accessorize.

hammered gold bands01.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This picture is a close-up of a Hawaii earring from the Buccellati collection. I found it on the Shiraz website. I have to say that I like it a lot. It reminds me of the earrings I bought in 14K gold, only it is fuller, less droopy!

AGBF
34.gif

ShirazHawaiiEarring.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
IK,
More pics, please!

Deb,
Thanks. Do you see the difference in engraving between the Hawaii and the Honolulu?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/3/2009 11:48:47 PM

Do you see the difference in engraving between the Hawaii and the Honolulu?

I haven''t seen photos of the Honolulu up very close. The ones I have seen didn''t impress me as being so much richer. I love the Hawaii earrings. On the other hand, I would love to see the Honolulu earrings very, very close-up! Can we find a shot of those now?

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/3/2009 11:48:47 PM

IK,
More pics, please!

Yes, innerkitten, I didn't have time to post when I first took a look at your photos, but I thought about what Coati had written a few weeks ago, "lusty gold". The picture of those gold rings brought on that primitive gold lust in me, all right! Good job, woman!!!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what this photo is going to look like, and until I get a good photo I don't know if I want to launch into my story. I was reduced to tears in a jewelry store today by a wicked woman who, while I was wearing a necklace, came in and said that it was hers and I should give it up! It turned out she had gone home "to think about it", but had thought it would be put away for her. I had gone home to think about it days ago and it had never crossed my mind that when a jeweler was having a store moving sale I should (or could) ask him to set something aside for me! Let alone for weeks (which she claimed she had done.) I think she felt her claim was superior to mine because she had gone home to think about it weeks ago and I merely days ago. But really I know that she believed in the Divine Right of Kings and was sure that she was one! At any rate, after she publicly humiliated me and left the store I promptly said, "b*tch!" clearly to everyone who had heard what she had said to me and then asked, "What am I? A second class citizen? Why should I give it up?" The saleswomen tried to reassure me, but my life has just been waaaay too hard lately, so I treated everyone in the store to a recitation of my problems and burst into tears!!!

In the end I got the chain. I'll tell you more about it later. For now I have to say that I have to erase my neck in the neckshots since I cannot photograph my own neck well. My neck no longer stands up to strong scrutiny. It needs kinder treatment by a photographer!

The chain is supposed to match the earrings I bought a few months ago. Ironically, today the store had in the necklace that exactly matches my earrings (I had never seen it before) but I didn't like it nearly as much as this necklace. I wished I had all of you with me. I was thinking, "I bet Sharon would like this necklace, even though you think it looks hippy-ish because she liked the delicate linked chain you posted" and, "I think Harriet would prefer the neater look of this chain". But without you there and without photos, I was on my own!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBFNeckShotChain.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More Information On The Oval Link Necklace Bought By AGBF

The chain is 42" long and is made of 18 karat yellow gold oval links. (The earrings it was bought to "match" are 14K yellow gold.) The necklace has a clasp, so I can can wear it like a collar, which I like. (Of course I can also wear it twice around my neck as well.) Wrapped around my neck three times I think that it looks good with my earrings and has a neat appearance. The necklace that was made to match my earrings is fun, but has a "hippy-ish" look to it (in my opinion). I feel that one could wear it with jeans, but one would not feel elegant in it. I may be wrong. The saleswoman didn't say so, but I think she really liked it and it was an exact match. Even though the necklace I got (which was 20% off when I first looked at it) was 30% off, the matching 14K necklace also cost less than this 18K necklace.

I have a small neck and I think that the collar style is flattering to that. I am also hoping that what all of you have been telling me is true: that wearing jewelry will take people's attention off aging necks, hands, etcetera and transfer it to the jewelry!!!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another neck shot of the necklace.

AGBF
34.gif

42inch18KYGOvalLinkChain3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These Roberto Coin earrings are actually sold by Ross Simons. They are 2" long which makes me think that they are probably fluffy, not droopy. (I think my own earrings are too long and droopy. I am interested in a shorter, bouncier pair.) I am not sure if these are fluffy enough for my taste, but I really like them.

AGBF
34.gif

RobertoCoin18KEarrings.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results