shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a thread on Rocky Talky, Little Grey Kitten (LGK) was asking about the best vendor for rose gold. I mentioned this thread as being

the best place to come to discuss where to find gold of any kind! I then did a search for rose gold, but got sidetracked by the

first website I came up with (since I love rose gold almost as much as high karat gold) and simply looked through all the

jewelry on Chris Aire's site, daydreaming about it instead of going on with my search and finding other websites! (I have always loved

one of Chris Aire's crosses; now I know that I also love some of his rose gold jewelry!)

Chris Aire's Red Gold Collection:

http://www.chrisaire.com/red-gold-collection.html

I invite gold thread regulars to mention names of jewelers whom they like who work in red/rose/pink gold here so that we can help the

LGK, who asked about this in Rocky Talky, and also enjoy it ourselves!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1291115473|2782574 said:
Deb,

My SO is going to get me this ring:

http://www.bridal.cartier.us/#/bridal/the-collection/wedding-bands/classic-wedding-rings/yellow-gold/b4002300-wedding-band

And I'm going to buy this bracelet for myself:

http://www.cartier.us/#/show-me/jewelry/b6025800-mini-charm-bracelet

They're small, relatively inexpensive pieces, but since you're interested in gold, I thought you'd like to know. :))

They're beautiful, Danny. The ring looks like a slightly bigger, more elegant version of my original wedding band, which I still have. I think mine may be 2 mm rather than 2.5 mm. And mine definitely does not say "Cartier" inside! It is, however, 18K since it was bought in Italy when my husband and I first got engaged. Are you and your SO planning on getting married? Have you discussed this somewhere else on Pricescope that I have missed? The music that played when I viewed your ring was very romantic! I wish you both a lot of love!!!

The bracelet is lovely, too. I think you are wise to go with Cartier for your jewelry. The jewelry pieces may be "relatively inexpensive", but they are simple and elegant. Wear them in good health. Let them heal your hurting ankle!

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1291116649|2782578 said:
Valerie Naifeh. High-karat gold. Lots of pearls, moonstones, colored gems, and granulation.

http://naifehfinejewelry.com/

Thanks, ksinger! I absolutely, love granulation! Ever since I saw photos of how it was done by hand, I have come to appreciate its beauty more and more. It is, to me, a wonder! Thanks for posting the link!

Deb

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Deb, thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you think these pieces are simple and elegant because truth be told this is how I feel about them too. My SO and I don't have the legal option of getting married but it looks like civil union might become law next year and if that's the case that's what we want to do.

Hugs,
Danny

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1291129524|2782721 said:
Deb, thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you think these pieces are simple and elegant because truth be told this is how I feel about them too. My SO and I don't have the legal option of getting married but it looks like civil union might become law next year and if that's the case that's what we want to do.

Hugs,
Danny

I am so sorry that you do not have the choice of marrying yet, Danny. I thought Hawaii was one of the states where people could choose. My state, Connecticut, is one where people are free to marry the people they love. Regardless of how you celebrate your union, I hope that you will tell us all about the festivities when the time comes! It is very excitng news!

Deb

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Deb, of course I will!

I love Connecticut. It's a beautiful place. :wavey:

Danny

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danny, unfortunately, the link to the ring wouldn't open for me to have a look-see at your ring....... :blackeye:

but the link for the bracelet did......and it is lovely.

ksinger, i absolutely love that ring.

MoZo

Danny, congrats. i only wish that here in california we had maintained our equal rights under the law for all.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
MoZo, thanks. I agree about the granulation on that ring, BTW. Exquisite.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1291140617|2782930 said:
Danny, unfortunately, the link to the ring wouldn't open for me to have a look-see at your ring.......

I thought I'd post a picture of the ring so that you (and anyone else with your problem) could see it, MZ!

Deb

DannyRing18K.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, Deb!

its lovely! timeless and elegant. of course, i'm prejudiced: my wedding ring is a simple 18k 2mm band......i'd love to have had that extra .5 and from cartier, too!

MoZo

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb!

I'm glad you both like it because it took me a long time to decide on it, both the metal and the actual ring.

You're both very kind. Thank you. :wacko:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sharon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am still thinking of a little diamond shape to wear with my T & C gold signet pendant. I have not come across anything I like as well as the Links cresecent moon--I just might to spring for it!

Anyone else have new "gold" projects for 2011?

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Deb,

http://www.bridal.cartier.us/#/bridal/the-collection/wedding-bands/classic-wedding-rings/yellow-gold/b4002300-wedding-band

They're small, relatively inexpensive pieces, but since you're interested in gold, I thought you'd like to know. :))

Elegant band-a classic :))

I can't see the mini charm bracelet-the link connects to something else? I'd love to see it.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuk-gal|1293465705|2806963 said:
HI:

I am still thinking of a little diamond shape to wear with my T & C gold signet pendant. I have not come across anything I like as well as the Links cresecent moon--I just might to spring for it!

cheers--Sharon

I love the Links crescent moon! Have you posted your signet pendant? I'd love to see.

Ksinger-gorgeous ring! I love the granulation too. I have some pendants from Care in granulated 22k-love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi|1293478153|2807173 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I love the Links crescent moon! Have you posted your signet pendant? I'd love to see.

Ksinger-gorgeous ring! I love the granulation too. I have some pendants from Care in granulated 22k-love it!

HI Miss Coati: :wavey:

Ohhhh, I have been remiss in pictures and posting...and there are a few things.... :cheeky: but will a link suffice?

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP02969&mcat=148204&cid=287465&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+5-p+12-c+287465-r+501323339-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I thought some pictures might help. The first one is of a round yellow gold pendant ("Watch Over Me") by Links of London with the Links crescent moon charm Sharon is considering. I have this combination, but have not yet unpacked it! Sharon's round pendant has an initial on it instead of a moonscape/sunscape.

Deb/AGBF

TheCrescentMoonversus.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the the Links of London crescent moon charm. Mine came with the 18K yellow gold, "Watch Over Me" pendant on a chain, but it is

sold separately.

Deb/AGBF

TheCrescentMoonAloneVersus.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another charm that I like very much and that I considered putting on the chain with my yellow gold pendant and crescent moon.

The only thing which dissuaded me was the symmetry; I thought that if I put the star on the on the other gold hoop at the bottom of my

necklace, that the symmetry would be thrown off. I also decided not to wear a Tiffany key along with the pendant, an idea I once had.

Deb/AGBF

TheStarVersus.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
coatimundi|1293477654|2807165 said:
Deb,

Elegant band-a classic :))

I can't see the mini charm bracelet-the link connects to something else? I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

I looked. The bracelet doesn't seem to be on the website anymore. :o It's a very basic chain, small oval links. I'm going to have to find out if they discontinued it.

I'm getting the ring now. Basically, I wanted to wait until the holiday rush was over to deal with it. I'll post pictures when I get it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1293509354|2807629 said:
Here is the the Links of London crescent moon charm. Mine came with the 18K yellow gold, "Watch Over Me" pendant on a chain, but it is

sold separately.

Deb/AGBF

HI:

Thanks for reposting this Deb. Love love love it!

BTW, No Tiffany keys for me--just doesn't look good with the signet pendant.

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1293509133|2807624 said:

I thought some pictures might help. The first one is of a round yellow gold pendant ("Watch Over Me") by Links of London with the Links crescent moon charm Sharon is considering. I have this combination, but have not yet unpacked it! Sharon's round pendant has an initial on it instead of a moonscape/sunscape.

Deb/AGBF

i love the look of this necklace. i have never seen it in person. i am wondering about the horseshoe closure. you are great about posting pictures. could you show us your necklace? thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crown1|1293848107|2811418 said:
AGBF|1293509133|2807624 said:

Deb/AGBF

i love the look of this necklace. i have never seen it in person. i am wondering about the horseshoe closure. you are great about posting pictures. could you show us your necklace? thanks!

I would be delighted to. Thank you for asking.

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought this sapphire starburst style pendant today--it isn't sparkly like the Links crescent moon but it is stunning. Will layer it.
Sydney Evans jewels and the pendant is on the front page of the website. Blackend 14K gold.

http://sydneyevan.com/

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1294524713|2817783 said:
HI:

Bought this sapphire starburst style pendant today--it isn't sparkly like the Links crescent moon but it is stunning. Will layer it.
Sydney Evans jewels and the pendant is on the front page of the website. Blackend 14K gold.

http://sydneyevan.com/

cheers--Sharon

Celestial Collection

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon-

Is this the necklace that you got? I am still planning to photograph mine and post pictures of it, but the snow and having a new dog have slowed me down on other projects! I don't want to miss out on what you bought in the meantime, though!

Deb

A Girl's Best Friend

22170s_b.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Deb:

It is and I love it!!! It is utterly marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for putting the picutre of it up here --and I look FORWARD to your own pictures! Please!!! Your pieces keep me going....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results