shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am also not fond of metal clay, specially since it seems to be very often used in situation where proper fabrication would be best, instead of as a medium with unique properties. It is also important to remember that most clay pieces aren''t work hardened and can be brittle as well (if the temperature was ramped up incorrectly or it wasn''t fired long enough).

I am a bit of a snob though, as I also tend to dislike CAD work, much prefering hand carved wax for cast work (for designs that should be cast, instead of fabricated). Hand fabrication, specially forging, is by far my favourite.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the advice AGBF - I think I may contact Rupert for a quote.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2010 2:10:51 PM
Author: lil425

Thank you for the advice AGBF - I think I may contact Rupert for a quote.
If you do call the store, don''t ask for Rupert :). He is really a bench jeweler, although he is great to talk to in the store if you are willing to go in the back :). Ask for Mona or for the owner, Jim. And say that I sent you. They know me as Deborah :).

AGBF
34.gif

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Thank You!! I will definitely let you know what happesn. You have been most kind!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I just found that yesstyle.com has a 24k line called Just Gold. Really wish I could try these:

24K earrings

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/3/2010 1:52:17 PM
Author: Honey228

I just found that yesstyle.com has a 24k line called Just Gold. Really wish I could try these:

24K earrings
Thanks for the heads up on the Just Gold collection, Honey. It''s certainly right up my alley!

AGBF
34.gif

lil425

Shiny_Rock
James Meyer 100%

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/31/2010 7:02:07 PM
Author: lil425

James Meyer 100%
That''s a cryptic utterance, lil. Do you want to expand on it?

AGBF
34.gif

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Please see the new thread on my JM ring in this forum. Love his work and designs. He is 100% my favorite designer.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I mentioned in a thread that Sharon started in Jewelry Pieces, I am finally going to buy a Links of London necklace that I have had my eye on for years (thanks to Sharon!). It was Sharon who introduced me to

Links of London, thereby placing temptation in my way. For years I kept going back to the Links Of London websites (in London and New York), sometimes finding parts of the necklace available and sometimes finding

nothing available anymore. Today I got lucky (if one considers spending a lot of money on jewelry lucky) and I bought the necklace with both the full moon and the crescent moon charms. I had planned, also, to buy

the rose gold mini-key that Sharon got from Tiffany's I had seen two keys put together when I went into Tiffany's and I had always hoped to put two together. I thought that instead of putting two keys together, I

would follow Sharon's lead and put a key together with my new pendant. One of the keys I had seen and loved was a small rose gold key (or at least that is how I have remembered it.) As I thought about what I

really want now, though, I realized that I want something that goes with my yellow and white pendant. So I am thinking of a platinum key set with diamonds. I would like your opinions on it.

AGBF
34.gif

watch-over-me-moonandcrescent18ktgoldpendant.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Tiffany key that I was thinking about buying to complement the Links of London pendant that I just purchased. What do you think of the look? Would it be elegant or too much?

AGBF
34.gif

TiffanyOvalKeyPendantPlatinum.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 3:54:57 PM
Author: AGBF

As I mentioned in a thread that Sharon started in Jewelry Pieces, I am finally going to buy a Links of London necklace that I have had my eye on for years (thanks to Sharon!). It was Sharon who introduced me to

Links of London, thereby placing temptation in my way. For years I kept going back to the Links Of London websites (in London and New York), sometimes finding parts of the necklace available and sometimes finding

nothing available anymore. Today I got lucky (if one considers spending a lot of money on jewelry lucky) and I bought the necklace with both the full moon and the crescent moon charms. I had planned, also, to buy

the rose gold mini-key that Sharon got from Tiffany's I had seen two keys put together when I went into Tiffany's and I had always hoped to put two together. I thought that instead of putting two keys together, I

would follow Sharon's lead and put a key together with my new pendant. One of the keys I had seen and loved was a small rose gold key (or at least that is how I have remembered it.) As I thought about what I

really want now, though, I realized that I want something that goes with my yellow and white pendant. So I am thinking of a platinum key set with diamonds. I would like your opinions on it.

AGBF
34.gif
HI:

These pieces are available at the L o L close to me--how tempting! Not all pieces are left in the collection--some have been retired.....

I love the platinum key and toyed with that idea--as I have the platinum Tiffany cross and chain already, but I didn't want two diamond pieces of the same calibre. I really like the flat disc shape and the diamond key or moon or whatever is really a devine combo. And the mini size is perfect.

What length is the chain? I usually wear 16's but like the idea of an 18 inch for this combo...

As usual, I just love your choices!!!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon-I have no Links of London near me, so I have never seen these pieces. I relied on your having seen the chain and charms and told me that they looked good when you saw them (while buying your freshwater

pearl necklace). I have bought (but won't see for a while) the flat moon disk and the tiny white pavé crescent. They are all part of a package. My question is whether the key (1.5") from Tiffany will look good with

the Links moons package deal! I think that it will, the more that I think about it. It reminds me of the Links advertisement for Greek Orthodox crosses (which I stored somewhere on some computer). Give me your

input!!! I will look for the Links photos of the Orthodox crosses!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have posted the picture of this Links of London St. Andrew's cross, which is no longer available, to show how they displayed an item surrounded by other, smaller items. (I do not like the look; it looks cluttered to

me.) I thought that I could make the key hang more elegantly than they (Links of London) had their other two items hang besides their cross. The moons come on a 16" chain. I could put the key on an 18" chain

or I could transfer everything to an 18" chain. Or I could try to hand the key from the 16" chain beside the moons. It would probably hang straight down.

AGBF
34.gif

LondonLinksAnnoushkaCrossakaStAndrewsCross.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 3:54:57 PM
Author: AGBF

the rose gold mini-key that Sharon got from Tiffany''s I had seen two keys put together when I went into Tiffany''s and I had always hoped to put two together. I thought that instead of putting two keys together, I

would follow Sharon''s lead and put a key together with my new pendant. One of the keys I had seen and loved was a small rose gold key (or at least that is how I have remembered it.) As I thought about what I

AGBF

34.gif

Deb:

My GF has this chain and has the eye and moon on seperate parts of the figure 8 type clasp so they don''t layer, but I like the diamond pieces on the disc--whether it be a moon, key or both. The disc is a good contrast for the diamond pieces but is gorgeous on it''s own. The moon is petite and showcases well against the disc. Would be cool earrings!!

I have also thought about getting the disc in silver and using my own diamond Tiffany cross with it--and getting the crescent moon. They don''t have it in white gold and the sterling diamond disc is a savings.

When I was in Vancouver I saw a couple of Tiffany keys in their store, but the selection was minimal--all purchased! Hence I have not seen the products locally/IRL and have to rely on pictures on the website for the rose color. My sister''s key IRL appears exactly like the web representation.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On pages 20 and 21 of this thread I show pictures of a pair of earrings that I loved and bought for myself as a birthday gift from my husband in 2009. On page 30 of this thread I show another picture of the earrings and explain that I gave in to my daughter's exhortations that I give her my earrings. What I didn't mention was that my father, who didn't want to see her upset and who is a saint, told me to give them to her and told me he would buy me another pair to replace them. I would do anything for my father and didn't want him to be upset by my daughter's whining, so I gave in (and did not take him up on his offer to buy me a new pair of earrings to replace them). I got myself a pair of Buccellati earrings soon afterwards and that was fine as long as my daughter had my old earrings.

A couple of weeks ago, however, my daughter confessed that she had had another destructive episode with her jewelry. She cut up all her earrings with scissors and threw them away. Most of the earrings were costume jewelry, but one pair was the pair she had "made" me give her, which had been my favorite pair, the pair I wore every day. This episode was only a small part of a far more serious episode of her acting out that I won't even go near...but suffice it to say that it motivated me to look on-line again for the exact earrings of mine that she had thrown out. And they came today. Until they came today I wasn't sure I had found the same ones I had before because they were not a designer name, just a 14K gold earring that was made in Italy. I got the last pair from a site called Bargains.com (I think). (Their photo of the earrings disappeared after I bought what they had said was the last pair, so I guess it was!) The first pair I bought was at an upscale bricks and mortar jeweler in McLean, Virginia in the winter of 2009!

At any rate, I now have the same earrings that I had before I gave them away to my wretched daughter...and my father said that he is not going to interfere and ask me to give her this pair! She is a menace! I may start a thread on these (or not). I am so happy to have them again!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF14KYellowGoldEarrings1.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it, MZ!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

DahliaKannerRing.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the silver version, too!

this gold ring looks quite modern and ancient at the same time.......think of it with some color stones.......or champagne diamonds!

MoZo

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AGBF said:

Wow, what an ordeal! They are gorgeous though, and I'm so glad you have them back. I'm new here, but just wanted to say congratulations! This time I hope they stay in YOUR collection!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Re:

mrs. taylor said:
Wow, what an ordeal! They are gorgeous though, and I'm so glad you have them back. I'm new here, but just wanted to say congratulations! This time I hope they stay in YOUR collection!

Thank you for posting about my earrings, mrs. taylor! I keep my eye on Jewelry Pieces, and especially on this (the gold thread), so I usually see anything posted here fairly soon after it is posted! I hope you will continue to post to this thread (which is my favorite thread on Pricescope). I love gold jewelry and miss the days when it was discussed frequently.

Do you either own or covet any gold jewelry of which you would like to post photos or which you would like to describe to us?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I :love: Stephanie Albertson. She works in 22k yellow gold with luscious colored gemstones. YUMMY.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
movie zombie said:
https://www.artfulhome.com/product/Dahl ... Ring/30744

so, its 18k and bumpy......i'd like it better w/o the diamonds....but for some reason it appeals to me.

MoZo

Great site! Thanks for posting it.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I :love: that Dahlia Kanner band - the texture is out of this world!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, coati, how did i miss seeing those 22k gold with turquoise rings?!

i so love this thread! wish i had the budget to buy one of everything...... :naughty:

MoZo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I too love and miss this thread! Seeing all that lovely gold jsut warms the heart.... :naughty:

P.S. I purchased my "inital" from Tiffany and Co a few months ago, and I love it! It is simple and elegant. Lately I have layered it with my T & C white gold diamond cross and like the contrast.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pictures please!

MoZo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results