shape
carat
color
clarity

DK CAD assistance needed!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm still liking the colorless brilliant traps. The whiter side stones play up the color of your marquise. The shields are ok to me. Don't dislike then. I'm against baguettes. I used to have them in a three stone and they are just kind of boring. Besides, I think yours would need to be fairly long to give you the right width and I'm not sure if you have the real estate for them.

Oh to have long slender finger would be really nice but I have short size 4.5 fingers lol
He had found a pair of long shields but I didn't like them and he didn't think they were the best choice

20171012_182751.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Solitaire.

cheers--Sharon

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

Solitaire.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks for the suggestion but solitaire isn't going to happen for this this project, I have a 1.25 round solitaire that I want to eventually upgrade and I plan to keep that a solitaire. I've been very set on making this a three stone trilogy for about 3 months now, just trying to lock down the side stones. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling today about the shape?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One vote here for the shields. I probably prefer the O/P - I like the coherent warmth to them. But honestly - I'm loving virtually any iteration you've shown so far!

I have to be honest tho, that eye in the marquise is still sending me a bit nutty - curse the person who said the word 'Mordor'!!

I can't recall what metal you said you're setting this with, but if platinum, I'd go with whiter shields. On the other hand, if yellow or rose, I'd go with the warmer shields.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One vote here for the shields. I probably prefer the O/P - I like the coherent warmth to them. But honestly - I'm loving virtually any iteration you've shown so far!

I have to be honest tho, that eye in the marquise is still sending me a bit nutty - curse the person who said the word 'Mordor'!!

I can't recall what metal you said you're setting this with, but if platinum, I'd go with whiter shields, but if yellow or rose, I'd go with the warmer shields.

Hahaha! When I showed my husband these photos he was like “god, that looks like the Eye of Sauron” I just started laughing and told him that is what I already called it but didn’t want to let him know lol
I even got David to call it the eye!

With all the mixed reviews I’m having it recut, I decided to leave it because it is a feature totally unique to the stone lol
995909CA-C9E7-4EF1-BB18-7889E3F369A6.jpeg

EDIT-it’s a good thing not to read too much into seeing it as EoS and just finding humor in it. I should nickname it The Eye lol

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling today about the shape?

After looking at them ALL day yesterday, I nixed the white traps so that left the warm traps and white shields...I’m definitely leaning toward the shields but I’m still wanting to see the step cut traps. Also knowing my husband wants color consistency makes me feel a tad guilty for liking the whiter shields.

Between the two pairs left it is very difficult to pick a favorite, once he get a pair of step cut traps I am going to ask for better photos between whatever the choices are. Going into the project I knew the side stones where going to be the hard part.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear the white shields are out but good to here you're narrowing your options!

To your concern about the step cut traps. I really don't think those are any more or less timeless than any other shape you're considering. They don't make the ring look "Art Deco" :)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear the white shields are out but good to here you're narrowing your options!

To your concern about the step cut traps. I really don't think those are any more or less timeless than any other shape you're considering. They don't make the ring look "Art Deco" :)

It's the white trapezoids that I opted out of, the white shields and warm traps are still in the running. I just really didn't think that one of the white traps was as well cut as the other and it bothered me looking at them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh ok. Good I love the white shields.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kristine johnson I know that you have received plenty of feedback, but I just wanted to say that I even though I was for the warm shields at first, I really, really like the step cut trapezoids! I think that they make the center really pop and emphasize the brilliance of the center. Perhaps slightly larger step cut shields may be better, but after looking at the pic multiple times, even this size may work well after all the prongs are added and because you have a small finger.

I saw his on SKs IG the other day and it made me think of your ring. I know that it is a different shape, but the step cut trapz really highlight the fancy center. https://instagram.com/p/BQLxjdLg8k4/

Attachments

• IMG_7360.JPG
    IMG_7360.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 17

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@kristine johnson I know that you have received plenty of feedback, but I just wanted to say that I even though I was for the warm shields at first, I really, really like the step cut trapezoids! I think that they make the center really pop and emphasize the brilliance of the center. Perhaps slightly larger step cut shields may be better, but after looking at the pic multiple times, even this size may work well after all the prongs are added and because you have a small finger.

I saw his on SKs IG the other day and it made me think of your ring. I know that it is a different shape, but the step cut trapz really highlight the fancy center. https://instagram.com/p/BQLxjdLg8k4/

Yep! I already asked if he can look for a larger pair of step cut trapezoids, then I will make my decision because I do feel that the choices offered are amazing. It down to the warm traps, white shields, and possible future step cut traps.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'The Eye' - I love it! :mrgreen2:

No matter where you go from here, it's going to look fabulous! Enjoy!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! I already asked if he can look for a larger pair of step cut trapezoids, then I will make my decision because I do feel that the choices offered are amazing. It down to the warm traps, white shields, and possible future step cut traps.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing if he can find another pair! If not, honestly, these ones may work just as great. Ah! This will be such a fabulous ring!:love:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had not expected options to be comming in so slowly ...

I know :( it will probably be another week till we see the final pair but I figured either he is really busy or it is due to him having to source the stones from a broker so he has had to set up meetings to do it. I have tried really hard not to pester him since I know other people are involved and that complicates things schedule wise.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kristine johnson I would assume the same & add this a recent hint WWW suggesting that the small & fine stuffs are a world apart.

Fingers crossed !

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soooo I have a question for the ladies...if one was to become pregnant while working on this project would you leave the ring size 5.5? I am a 4.5 but am comfortable at a 5....I am also 3 days late which is highly unusual and yes we are trying to expand our family. I’m just curious because if in the happy event that I am pregnant I would absolutely hate to become too swollen to not wear this ring that has taken so long to work on lol

I don’t mind having to down size it later but I would absolutely hate to have to upsize it...this is all hypothetical since no positive test yet but since it might be a real possibility, I am just curious if I should leave it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say when and I your fingers will swell enough to cause a concern. You could ask for it to be 5.5 with sizing beads that could easily be removed if you need to size up

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now this should really not be looked at for color as our stone won't look like this. But I feel like in terms of side stones those white shields would look similar to these
https://instagram.com/p/BaUrMKtFZAT/

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now this should really not be looked at for color as our stone won't look like this. But I feel like in terms of side stones those white shields would look similar to these
https://instagram.com/p/BaUrMKtFZAT/

Good lord there are some rocks on that page! But yes I agree, they would look very similar. I do feel that it will be down to the shields and step cut traps.

I did ask him about the cup, I saw this and was thinking it wouldn’t be too terrible especially if it help hide the “eye” since there is a tiny hole at the botttom for cleaning. But I wanted to see what David says about that

http://www.markbroumand.com/3.73ct-fancy-yellow-pear-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring-4066-1d2635278/

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also what about doing something like this doesn’t the shank? Since I have 26 melee stones from the old setting I have to find something to do with them or I just hold on to them and make another ring all together.

FBEB9EAF-24DD-43DB-811D-33F95AD52BE8.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord there are some rocks on that page! But yes I agree, they would look very similar. I do feel that it will be down to the shields and step cut traps.

I did ask him about the cup, I saw this and was thinking it wouldn’t be too terrible especially if it help hide the “eye” since there is a tiny hole at the botttom for cleaning. But I wanted to see what David says about that

http://www.markbroumand.com/3.73ct-fancy-yellow-pear-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring-4066-1d2635278/
I might make the hole a little bigger but I'm not mad at that. And yaaay for shields being on the table.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Backs:

WWW (& front)

David makes some subtler versions ...

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Backs:

WWW (& front)

David makes some subtler versions ...

If I went with the cap then I would want it to be in brushed gold instead of all that engraving or milgrain done. I like the back of the pendant link

Thank you for finding those! It was really hard to picture something with all that extra

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a few exceptions, but for the most part I do not like three stones with pave. I think it's gilding the lily. I'd rather use those stone for a diamond band to wear with it. In my opinion adding pave to the sides just makes the whole thing ostentatious

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are a few exceptions, but for the most part I do not like three stones with pave. I think it's gilding the lily. I'd rather use those stone for a diamond band to wear with it. In my opinion adding pave to the sides just makes the whole thing ostentatious

Well it was just an idea because I now have a lot of little diamonds...I do want to make another ring with them but there are so many

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it was just an idea because I now have a lot of little diamonds...I do want to make another ring with them but there are so many
It's whatever you want to do of course. But if we're talking opinions, I say pass. You won't even see them anyways with how much room the three stone will take up. It'll just make the ring less comfortable between your fingies.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's whatever you want to do of course. But if we're talking opinions, I say pass. You won't even see them anyways with how much room the three stone will take up. It'll just make the ring less comfortable between your fingers.

...and more difficult to size, if needed. Adding stones to the shank would look WAY overdone, IMHO.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and more difficult to size, if needed. Adding stones to the shank would look WAY overdone, IMHO.
MSOP I said fingies my fingers :lol-2::lol:;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results