shape
carat
color
clarity

DK/BGD Custom Setting...The Home Stretch

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s okay, DK is ensuring it will be perfect! Good logistical planning sledge. You certainly are a man on a mission. I love how much effort and prioritizing you’ve put forth. I think it’s really cool that her dad has a role in helping out. Remember, act calm and you will be calm. Everything will come together perfectly. ;))

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently David still wants to do some more polishing on it.
Nice! Surely to ensure the utmost highest standard.
Just promise you'll post here as soon as you see it!!! We're dying here! :errrr:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With all the PSers have been through on this journey, who else feels like @sledge should livestream the proposal?

:lol:

kitten24

Rough_Rock
This is so exciting!! Have been following along from the start...my hubby is similar in his attention to detail and I so appreciate it. I'm sure the future Mrs Sledge will be overwhelmed by the investment you've made in this project....oh and live streaming sounds great! ;)2

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, no promises of live streaming but I promise to keep you guys in the loop. Believe it or not, I have been planning out scenarios how I am going to be able to inspect the stone, snap some photos and give you all some diamond ****, all whilst my girl is all up in my business.

As I mentioned several pages back, this ring ordeal is far from a stealth operation. Since she discovered what she wanted at Jared's and knew I wanted better for her, she's been onto the game. She doesn't have all the details, but she's aware something is going on. As such, we occasionally have candid conversations and the other night one went like this...

Her: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing, why?
Her: Whatever! Are there problems getting my ring designed, made and shipped on-time?
Me (internally with anxiety): OMG, you are the devil!
Me (externally in my calm voice): What are you talking about?
Her: *giggles* You can just have it shipped to my parents house.
Me (knowing she wants April 2019 wedding): You caught me, but the good news is it will be ready around 4/15/2019 just in time for a late April wedding. It isn't a problem only having the ring available a few days before the wedding is it?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh the suspense!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL, no promises of live streaming but I promise to keep you guys in the loop. Believe it or not, I have been planning out scenarios how I am going to be able to inspect the stone, snap some photos and give you all some diamond ****, all whilst my girl is all up in my business.

Fake a bad stomachache and excuse yourself to the bathroom. If she knows what’s good for her, she wouldn’t dare follow you. :lol-2: This is a tried and true mom tactic and works brilliantly on kids who follow you all over the house. :mrgreen2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As I mentioned several pages back, this ring ordeal is far from a stealth operation. Since she discovered what she wanted at Jared's and knew I wanted better for her, she's been onto the game. She doesn't have all the details, but she's aware something is going on. As such, we occasionally have candid conversations and the other night one went like this...

Her: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing, why?
Her: Whatever! Are there problems getting my ring designed, made and shipped on-time?
Me (internally with anxiety): OMG, you are the devil!
Me (externally in my calm voice): What are you talking about?
Her: *giggles* You can just have it shipped to my parents house.
Me (knowing she wants April 2019 wedding): You caught me, but the good news is it will be ready around 4/15/2019 just in time for a late April wedding. It isn't a problem only having the ring available a few days before the wedding is it?
Wait...who’s the devil? :lol:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fake a bad stomachache and excuse yourself to the bathroom. If she knows what’s good for her, she wouldn’t dare follow you. :lol-2: This is a tried and true mom tactic and works brilliantly on kids who follow you all over the house. :mrgreen2:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So in the beginning this would have worked. She may kill me for this, but a month or so back I'm walking down the hall to take the dogs out. She has the door open to the guest bath where she is using the bathroom. I have no idea what specifically she was doing. I had to pee myself and so did the dogs so I was just trying to get them to the backyard so I could go relieve myself.

As I'm standing there in the master bath, she sneak up on me & nearly scared the wazoo out of me and asks why I ignored her on my way down the hall. Luckily I had good aim and no walls were harmed in this accident. :lol-2:

Then just a few days ago, I was using the bathroom. Apparently I was taking too long and she flings the door open and proceeds to start a conversation. Gives me the scrunchy nose face and looks at the fan switch. I oblige. She leaves. I resume my game of spades. She returns for a follow up talk and then leaves again.

Before our new level in the relationship this would have been my go to trick. And maybe with it being her parents house there is still a 50/50 shot of it working. But I also need to get dad to give me the ring without her seeing. It's going to be awkward for everyone if he goes to the bathroom with me, lol.

In seriousness he bought a new pellet grill so maybe I can have him stash the ring outside near it and then ask him to show me his new cooker.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So in the beginning this would have worked. She may kill me for this, but a month or so back I'm walking down the hall to take the dogs out. She has the door open to the guest bath where she is using the bathroom. I have no idea what specifically she was doing. I had to pee myself and so did the dogs so I was just trying to get them to the backyard so I could go relieve myself.

As I'm standing there in the master bath, she sneak up on me & nearly scared the wazoo out of me and asks why I ignored her on my way down the hall. Luckily I had good aim and no walls were harmed in this accident. :lol-2:

Then just a few days ago, I was using the bathroom. Apparently I was taking too long and she flings the door open and proceeds to start a conversation. Gives me the scrunchy nose face and looks at the fan switch. I oblige. She leaves. I resume my game of spades. She returns for a follow up talk and then leaves again.

Before our new level in the relationship this would have been my go to trick. And maybe with it being her parents house there is still a 50/50 shot of it working. But I also need to get dad to give me the ring without her seeing. It's going to be awkward for everyone if he goes to the bathroom with me, lol.

In seriousness he bought a new pellet grill so maybe I can have him stash the ring outside near it and then ask him to show me his new cooker.

Are you sure the two of you aren’t already married? LOL! This is just so funny and relatable. :lol-2:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait...who’s the devil? :lol:

Well, at that specific point in time it felt like she was...how else could she have known out of the clear blue what was going on and with such precision. I was like....DAMN! A little scary. What was more amazing was I seriously wasn't even thinking about it at that moment so I'm not sure what my tell tale signs were, LOL.

In all honesty, she is one of the sweetest people I know. Far, far, far from any devil.

Are you sure the two of you aren’t already married? LOL! This is just so funny and relatable. :lol-2:

I'm pretty sure, LOL. What's more funny is we talked about how bathroom was off limits space. We've grown a bunch since then. And after the whole "why you ignoring me conversation", now when I walkd down the hall and she's in the bathroom I stop at the door, stare at her, cock my eyebrow, give her my best Joey voice from friends "how you doin'?", and sometimes go in for a kiss. :lol:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@sledge Referencing Joey? Okay, you just got even cooler!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
@sledge with the amount of time you've been spending on PS posting and helping others find their blings, I'd be surprised if your gal hasn't noticed what you've been up to. :shhh: Does she have access to your laptop or cell by any chance?

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
LOL @blueMA.

Awww, thank you @shoechick. I'm really hoping that WF takes good care of you, and your ring ships back tonight. Fingers crossed! :pray:

So another quick update. I texted Amy a few minutes ago. Being anxious, I was curious how things were going and if she had any pics to share. Also, to let her know I spoke to my girl's parents and they would be able to accept delivery on my behalf so I don't get jammed up on the whole Saturday delivery deal.

Amy said the ring is set except for one channel side and that it looks beautiful! All words, no pics, so no bling to share....yet. But given the fact it's only 13:20 PST and they are that far along, it gives me hope she might get it shipped out today! :pray:

I sure hope so. I'm so excited and ready for it to be here!
@sledge, I got pushed back a day too. Mine is going out tonight and will be here tomorrow. They are supposed to send me “glamour shots” tonight so I’m obsessively checking email. I told hubby this will be the longest 24 hours ever!!

I also told hubby about your ring drama and operation Get Engaged so now he keeps asking how your situation is progressing. Talk about suspense!!!! :eek2:

kitten24

Rough_Rock
That looks amazing! Are you happy with it?

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can you breathe, @sledge???? The rest of your life awaits.... :love:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:Incredible ....has it shipped.....do you have that tracking number in hand?????

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting!!! It looks beautiful!!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I'm off the charts excited. Can't wait to see this baby in person. This is better than I expected. :kiss2::cool2::cool2:

And yes, paid for in full and got a tracking number. Tomorrow by noon per FedEx.

Screenshot_20180629-194455_Chrome.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has turned out stunningly beautiful! :love: Congrats @sledge !!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s really gorgeous and your lady is lucky to have such an attentive dh.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woohoo!!!!:dance:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, it looks incredible! Those prongs...:kiss2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I've been stalking this thread for awhile. They did such a great job with her ring!!! I hope she loves it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results