shape
carat
color
clarity

DK/BGD Custom Setting...The Home Stretch

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT, it looks SO good! :love::love: Gosh i am going to be obsessively running over here hoping to see the actual ring every time i get a notification on this thread. :lol:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few more updates....
  • Amy and I re-discussed the metal choices. She strongly recommends the WG mix and I am taking her advise.
  • The channel set walls will be even.
  • She confirmed the the head & swirls are perfect with no overlap or gaps.
  • She is prepping tonight so they can start casting. :dance:
Also, got some updated pics of the wax model. The head wasn't built yet, but gotta say, this looks amazing compared to the plastic version I got last week.

IMG957097.jpg IMG957098.jpg IMG957099.jpg IMG957101.jpg IMG957102.jpg IMG957103.jpg IMG957104.jpg IMG957105.jpg IMG957106.jpg [UOTE]
Ok, I've been following your saga from the beginning, but have stayed out of the discussion. Just wanted to say that when I saw this model, I had an "OMG, that's it!" moment, and got choked up with emotion for you and your lucky girl. Best wishes to both of you.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With all of this hard work make sure you tell her no upgrades for at LEAST 10 years. LOL! So close to the finish line! Congrats and can’t wait to see the hand shots. :love:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! It looks GREAT! Can't wait to see this finished and on her finger! :appl:

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
Just read through this and WOW. What a lucky girl! You are really paying attention to EVERY Detail and making sure she is happy! Can't wait to see the finished product!

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be amazing! Even better than the inspiration because it has you, your gorgeous bgd stone and true artists creating it with you! I’m sure there will be slight differences to the inspiration ring but they will only make it better!

Well done and can’t wait to see the end result!

How long does the casting/polishing/stone setting take? It is so close to proposal day, even I’m nervous :lol:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous! Wishing you two much happiness!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was texting with Amy earlier....molds are built and they are casting today in the WG/palladium mix. As you can imagine, I am super excited. =)2

And wow....I am blown away by all the sweet & kind words and encouragement from all of you. This journey has been super exciting and I am glad to have it come to an end, but also a little sad as I've had so much fun in the process. I really can't thank all you enough for all the help, guidance and patience you all have showed me through the process. You all are the real heroes of this story and I greatly appreciate each of you.

As such, each of you will forever hold a special place in my heart. Truly, thank you so much!

LOL @blueMA. She's not much of the crying type, but I will have a camera ready just in case. Heaven forbid she does. Eye doc told me I have broken tear ducts or something and have to take special eye drops because I don't cry. Yet, when she cries then I cry. She's my kryptonite that way. I can take all sorts of physical pain, but one tear drops from her eye and I'm a softy (or your worst nightmare depending on the situation, lol).

And @KirstLWA I am not certain how long it normally takes them to do all this work. This is my first rodeo doing a custom ring with DK, or anyone for that fact. All I know is that Amy has told me she can have that ring in my hands by 6/29. Take a day off for overnight shipping and that leaves her about 8 calendar days to build, polish, set, etc. But I think I have a special Amy Fast Pass that puts me at the front of the line through all the processes, which I am super grateful for because without her this wouldn't happen. I'm convinced the girl wears a cape to work. ;)2

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was texting with Amy earlier....molds are built and they are casting today in the WG/palladium mix. As you can imagine, I am super excited. =)2

And wow....I am blown away by all the sweet & kind words and encouragement from all of you. This journey has been super exciting and I am glad to have it come to an end, but also a little sad as I've had so much fun in the process. I really can't thank all you enough for all the help, guidance and patience you all have showed me through the process. You all are the real heroes of this story and I greatly appreciate each of you.

As such, each of you will forever hold a special place in my heart. Truly, thank you so much!
;)2
We are the grateful ones. You listened, trusted and let us be part of your journey. Thank you.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sledge, this looks amazing!! I'm anxiously waiting along with you ( and the others here). Also psyched because your in-hand date (are you proposing on that very date?) is my wedding anniversary.

So lots of dust coming your way and PLEASE don't forget to come back with hand shots and a recap of the big day!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
LOL @blueMA. She's not much of the crying type, but I will have a camera ready just in case. Heaven forbid she does. Eye doc told me I have broken tear ducts or something and have to take special eye drops because I don't cry. Yet, when she cries then I cry. She's my kryptonite that way. I can take all sorts of physical pain, but one tear drops from her eye and I'm a softy (or your worst nightmare depending on the situation, lol).

You're such a sweetheart. I'm so excited for the both of you.
I've actually been hanging around this addictive PS forum waaaay more than I should because I've been involved with your journey here and want to see your outcome.
I'm so glad that you'll be ready to capture the proposal moment - how amazing would it be to relive the beautiful moment whether you laugh or cry for many years to come!

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
@sledge My boyfriend asked Amy straight out how quickly she could have the ring done after the design was finalized and she said 5 days. Hope that eases your mind a little, since I know you've been stressed by the time crunch.
Final CAD and wax look great, hope she likes her "blingy" ring!

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@sledge You know we will hunt you down if you don't continue to post photos as you receive them through this process.

I feel like we are all going to be in the room/space with you when you are proposing to your gorgeous girl on 29th with our breath well and truly sucked in until she says yes and we see it on the hand!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your GF has NO idea how many total strangers are completely invested in her ring and the proposal :lol-2:!!

Seriously, we wait with bated breath and cannot wait for the grand reveal. I know I'm not alone when I say please stick around here after the proposal. You are a wonderful addition to PS Sledge!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge My boyfriend asked Amy straight out how quickly she could have the ring done after the design was finalized and she said 5 days. Hope that eases your mind a little, since I know you've been stressed by the time crunch.
Final CAD and wax look great, hope she likes her "blingy" ring!

Well, he has had my emerald to be set since June 8.... so..... cad finalized on June 5.

But I would gladly let anxious to be engaged people ahead of me.... I don’t need mine for any time frame.

I’m just saying I think he is busy right now.

Sledge, I can’t wait to see it!!

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
@whitewave Sorry to hear you've waited so long for your emerald. My bf was in the showroom with her and probably had a look of panic on his face. He wanted to proposal this upcoming weekend! Maybe 5 day estimate was expediated timing for panicing boyfriends! :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Sorry to hear you've waited so long for your emerald. My bf was in the showroom with her and probably had a look of panic on his face. He wanted to proposal this upcoming weekend! Maybe 5 day estimate was expediated timing for panicing boyfriends! :lol:

Right. I bought this emerald for me just because.... I certainly understand dates for engagements and I welcome those projects to jump ahead of me.

He is currently quoting a 35 day turnaround— I received another quote for a ring the other day.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like it's going to be a beautiful ring. =)2

I saw on another thread you're starting to consider bands for yourself & that you are open to diamonds. He has quite a few tension style settings & in speaking with him, he says he can modify settings as well. I think he said he has special machinery & can make custom pieces out of alternative metals. I would email him with questions. He's very responsive. This is the ring I love.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-mens-bling-tension-set-1-2-ct-emerald-cut.172032/

You mentioned you liked the brushed look, & I'd also recommend a hammered finish as well if you don't go with a polished finish. Scratches are really well hidden on a hammered finish.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited that we'll be seeing this ring soon! Waiting with bated breath. According to Shakespear, I'm so excited I'm holding my breath!:lol:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, got a text from Amy....she is wanting to know if I want "regular prongs" or claw prongs. I asked her opinion and have been looking at images. I think the claws might be too sharp for the design.

I haven't responded yet with which I preferred, but I did state the inspiro were too big and needed to be much smaller, cleaned up and refined. That said I am leaning towards a regular type prong that are all those things.

Thoughts???

Edited to Add:
Amy responded back and said she thought small claws would be beautiful.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay, got a text from Amy....she is wanting to know if I want "regular prongs" or claw prongs. I asked her opinion and have been looking at images. I think the claws might be too sharp for the design.

I haven't responded yet with which I preferred, but I did state the inspiro were too big and needed to be much smaller, cleaned up and refined. That said I am leaning towards a regular type prong that are all those things.

Thoughts???

Edited to Add:
Amy responded back and said she thought small claws would be beautiful.
Flip through their IG account and email her pics of the prong style you like. That way you know it’s something they can execute well. https://www.instagram.com/davidklassjewelry/?hl=en

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not very good on IG, so I don't know how to fancy link like you @rockysalamander. I can do screen caps though, lol. I like the one you referenced. Also, here are some others I saw I liked which are essentially the same. The first one has double claws, which I know I DO NOT want. However, I liked the size of them. Since her setting has 6 prongs I thought I could get away with that.

Edited to Add:
Guess this means I do like claws after all.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, I really wish there was more than a "Like" button. You all are so awesome. Many of the comments make me laugh too. For instance, @KirstLWA, you can call off the special ops search team. I promise to post more pics and follow up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which, I have some eye candy to share. I didn't say anything as I wanted the goods in hand first, but I had asked Amy if she would share some pics along the way since this was my first rodeo. She happily agreed. I just got these literally MINUTES ago.

These are shots after the ring was cast in the WG/palladium mix. Still rough as you can tell because it hasn't undergone any finishing & detailing yet. Also the reason it has a slight yellow tint to it (I asked as I felt my chest tighten, lol).

174.jpeg
175.jpeg
176.jpeg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not very good on IG, so I don't know how to fancy link like you @rockysalamander. I can do screen caps though, lol. I like the one you referenced. Also, here are some others I saw I liked which are essentially the same. The first one has double claws, which I know I DO NOT want. However, I liked the size of them. Since her setting has 6 prongs I thought I could get away with that.

Edited to Add:
Guess this means I do like claws after all.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG

You got it. You want those tapered prongs. I think if they were very straight (from tip to the girdle), it would not jive with the overall flow here.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
By the way, I really wish there was more than a "Like" button. You all are so awesome. Many of the comments make me laugh too. For instance, @KirstLWA, you can call off the special ops search team. I promise to post more pics and follow up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which, I have some eye candy to share. I didn't say anything as I wanted the goods in hand first, but I had asked Amy if she would share some pics along the way since this was my first rodeo. She happily agreed. I just got these literally MINUTES ago.

These are shots after the ring was cast in the WG/palladium mix. Still rough as you can tell because it hasn't undergone any finishing & detailing yet. Also the reason it has a slight yellow tint to it (I asked as I felt my chest tighten, lol).

174.jpeg
175.jpeg
176.jpeg

call off the special ops search team. I promise to post more pics and follow up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which, I have some eye candy to share. I didn't say anything as I wanted the goods in hand first, but I had asked Amy if she would share some pics along the

These are shots after the ring was cast in the WG/palladium mix. Still rough as you can tell because it hasn't undergone any finishing & detailing yet. Also the reason it has a slight yellow tint to it (I asked as I felt my chest tighten, lol

174.jpeg
175.jpeg
176.jpeg [/QUOTE]

174.jpeg
175.jpeg
176.jpeg

Sledge-- don't worry about the yellow tint to the casting. Amy sent me a photo of mine, too, when it was first cast, looking very yellow. .but in real life it is very white! I promise!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The cast looks great! Don't worry about the yellow tint. That will disappear after the polishing process.

If you look at platinum settings pre-polish they look very dull. Almost like a slate gray. It's incredible how different metals look pre- and post-polishing. Almost like the difference between rough and polished diamonds.:)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WoW! It looks great so far!!! You can see skin between the bands! Cant wait to see the completed ring...so much work has gone into this ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results