shape
carat
color
clarity

DivaCup (Warning: Lady Business Content)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 11:34:02 AM
Author: noelwr
really??? it looks huge! scary!

how do you insert? like fold it up or something?

the site mentions tucking the telltale string of a tampon into your bikini. someone once told me a funny story about that. she was on her vacation with her parents and her dad say, ''Hey, there''s a string loose on your bikini, let me pull it off'' and he ended up pulling the tampon out before she knew what happened! they were both mortified.
YIKES! That is mortifying!

I''m so glad I wander over to this part of the forum. I''ve never heard of DivaCup, but was looking for something to stop the leakage problem. I''m usually very aware when wearing tampons and they''re borderline uncomfortable. But this sounds like it''s worth a try.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay. You convinced me to try it.

Bought one tonight at Whole Foods. $32

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 4:26:15 AM
Author: I Love My Sailor
After reading this post, the first thing I did was go out and buy a divacup :) it came in the mail last night. I was a little unsure of exactly how far to insert my Divacup. I inserted just far enough to be able to reach the stem easily . I could barely feel it at all, it was very comfortable! when it came time to take it out, I found it a little difficult. Its not easy like a tampon and you have to work its way out gently. So far I love it. I''m still paranoid weather I am inserting properly but its comfortable and I haven''t had any leakage. I must say that fold number 2 is much better!! I have not even been using my DC for 24 hour and I am sure that I have been missing out all these years on a safer, more comfortable way to handle your period thats much less costly.

Sailor That is so awesome :) I''m glad you like it too! The more you use it the better it gets!

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 11:02:12 PM
Author: TooPatient

YAY TooPatient Let us know what you think about it! :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 12:12:06 AM
Author: missjae

Date: 10/14/2009 11:02:12 PM

YAY TooPatient Let us know what you think about it! :)

Took twice but I think it is in correctly now.

It didn''t suction the first time so I had to take it out (since it was slipping) and try again. Grasped the bottom of the cup but let go just a little too soon. OUCH. Suctioned myself and it didn''t want to let go.
It let go so I stuck it in again. Pretty comfortable now. (and I certainly won''t let go too soon next time I take it out)

missjae

Shiny_Rock
It does take a little bit, or more for some until you get into the Diva groove, but once you''re in it, most women fall madly in love with the DivaCup :) I hope it continues to go well and it''s never going to be just perfect until you develop all the little tricks that make it right for you. If you come across any tips or tricks be sure to let the rest of us know :) or if you need any advice or have any questions for those of us who use it, we''re here for you :)

It''s exciting to see you ladies give it a try, I''m always curious to see if you will love it as much as I do! (and I always hope you do!)

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Too anyone who is debating the diva cup or wants to know where to find one at a great price... I bought mine on ebay from an authorized e-tailer, the only dive cup seller that gives a 1 year guarantee. The seller gives a great description on how the diva cup works and what size is right for you, all the awards the diva cup has received and especially how its green for the environment. The seller ships world wide and very quickly. A top rated seller with over 3,000 feedback rating at 100% positive. Her list price is $28.40 OBO. shipping is included.

sellers name is: southcoastshopping

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 10:15:24 PM
Author: packrat
I remember reading about this a while back..I bookmarked the website but that''s all the farther I''ve gotten.

I use Nuva Ring for my birth control-would that mess with it at all? My period is only like 2 days long and pretty light since I''ve been on Nuva Ring but still I think I might like to give it a try. I can''t stand pads, even panty liners drive me crazy (I just feel dirty using them), and I hate when I use tampons and my period is really light-it downright hurts to change it.

I use NuvaRing also. Just got my Diva Cup a couple of days ago. Used the Diva Cup alone for one day and then had to put in my next NuvaRing.

It was a little uncomfortable at first but I think that I was just tense and worried about it being uncomfortable. Stuck the NuvaRing in first and then the Diva Cup. I could feel it. It just felt like a bit of pressure or something. Not painful though. After about 10 minutes, I didn''t notice it anymore. Didn''t feel any different than it had without the Nuva Ring.

I was worried that my Nuva Ring would fall out this morning when I took the Diva Cup out to clean it. No problems. The Diva Cup came out and the NuvaRing stayed in. When I re-inserted the Diva Cup everything was fine. No discomfort this time.

I''ve got both in now and wouldn''t even notice if I wasn''t sitting here thinking about them.

As a side note, I quit using tampons after starting with the NuvaRing. It leaves me dry so inserting them was uncomfortable and taking them out was painful. One of my concernse with Diva Cup was how well it would insert/remove since I''m dry. It goes in no problem and comes out fine too. No pain.

OneAngryElf

Rough_Rock
Haven, my sister, introduced me to the wondrous Diva Cup before I left for Israel in July. It is amazing!!! I love being able to go to class all day and not having to worry about having tampons with me and I never have any problems with it.

It did take a few cycles to get used to the feeling and to get more comfortable with using it. But I''m in love now. :)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this thread. I have a DivaCup and tried it about two cycles ago, but it was uncomfortable enough that I just stopped using it. I think that the tip was a lot of the problem, so I''m going to cut most of it off and give it another try next time around.

For those who prefer pads and want an environmentally friendly option, they do make cloth pads. There''s just a world of difference between cloth pads and disposable ones - the cloth is just sooo much more comfortable. I''m not going back on that one, except for maybe the first couple of days post-partum when everything''s extremely messy. Our local Whole Foods wannabe store sells them, as does the local cloth diaper store. I''m not sure about more national options.

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 8:27:22 AM
Author: I Love My Sailor
Too anyone who is debating the diva cup or wants to know where to find one at a great price... I bought mine on ebay from an authorized e-tailer, the only dive cup seller that gives a 1 year guarantee. The seller gives a great description on how the diva cup works and what size is right for you, all the awards the diva cup has received and especially how its green for the environment. The seller ships world wide and very quickly. A top rated seller with over 3,000 feedback rating at 100% positive. Her list price is $28.40 OBO. shipping is included.

sellers name is: southcoastshopping

That is a good price Sailor mine was $38.00 at our local health food store. Thanks for sharing the eBay info! :)

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 11:20:03 AM
Author: Blenheim
Thanks for this thread. I have a DivaCup and tried it about two cycles ago, but it was uncomfortable enough that I just stopped using it. I think that the tip was a lot of the problem, so I''m going to cut most of it off and give it another try next time around.

For those who prefer pads and want an environmentally friendly option, they do make cloth pads. There''s just a world of difference between cloth pads and disposable ones - the cloth is just sooo much more comfortable. I''m not going back on that one, except for maybe the first couple of days post-partum when everything''s extremely messy. Our local Whole Foods wannabe store sells them, as does the local cloth diaper store. I''m not sure about more national options.

The tip can be a huge discomfort to some women, I found that cutting it made it more comfortable for me. That''s awesome that you are going to give it another try, because sometimes it takes more than one go before you become comfortable with it. Let us know how it goes - hopefully it works well for you with the tip removed! Good luck!

Do you use cloth pads? After using the DivaCup I cannot imagine using any sort of pad now (or tampon). :) - I''m not at the baby stage of life yet, so I haven''t even thought about post-partum maintenance. :) It''s good to know all the options out there! Thanks!

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:01:33 AM
Author: OneAngryElf
Haven, my sister, introduced me to the wondrous Diva Cup before I left for Israel in July. It is amazing!!! I love being able to go to class all day and not having to worry about having tampons with me and I never have any problems with it.

It did take a few cycles to get used to the feeling and to get more comfortable with using it. But I''m in love now. :)

YAY for the DivaCup! isn''t it a wonderful thing :)

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 1:33:42 PM

I remember reading about this a while back..I bookmarked the website but that's all the farther I've gotten.

I use Nuva Ring for my birth control-would that mess with it at all? My period is only like 2 days long and pretty light since I've been on Nuva Ring but still I think I might like to give it a try. I can't stand pads, even panty liners drive me crazy (I just feel dirty using them), and I hate when I use tampons and my period is really light-it downright hurts to change it.

I use NuvaRing also. Just got my Diva Cup a couple of days ago. Used the Diva Cup alone for one day and then had to put in my next NuvaRing.

It was a little uncomfortable at first but I think that I was just tense and worried about it being uncomfortable. Stuck the NuvaRing in first and then the Diva Cup. I could feel it. It just felt like a bit of pressure or something. Not painful though. After about 10 minutes, I didn't notice it anymore. Didn't feel any different than it had without the Nuva Ring.

I was worried that my Nuva Ring would fall out this morning when I took the Diva Cup out to clean it. No problems. The Diva Cup came out and the NuvaRing stayed in. When I re-inserted the Diva Cup everything was fine. No discomfort this time.

I've got both in now and wouldn't even notice if I wasn't sitting here thinking about them.

As a side note, I quit using tampons after starting with the NuvaRing. It leaves me dry so inserting them was uncomfortable and taking them out was painful. One of my concernse with Diva Cup was how well it would insert/remove since I'm dry. It goes in no problem and comes out fine too. No pain.

Yay TMP :) Way to give it a try! Nice to see some feedback about how it works with NuvaRing for those who are curious about it. So, after being on the fence about it and then deciding to try it out - what do you think about the DivaCup now?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 11:50:02 AM

Date: 10/17/2009 11:20:03 AM
Author: Blenheim

The tip can be a huge discomfort to some women, I found that cutting it made it more comfortable for me. That''s awesome that you are going to give it another try, because sometimes it takes more than one go before you become comfortable with it. Let us know how it goes - hopefully it works well for you with the tip removed! Good luck!

Do you use cloth pads? After using the DivaCup I cannot imagine using any sort of pad now (or tampon). :) - I''m not at the baby stage of life yet, so I haven''t even thought about post-partum maintenance. :) It''s good to know all the options out there! Thanks!
Once I discovered tampons (years ago) I thought that I''d never use pads again, but post-partum you''re supposed to. I bought some cloth ones at that point, and I seriously do like them more than tampons even. I used them for the post-partum bleeding once things got settled down a bit, and then again once my cycles started up. They absorb better than the disposable ones and leak less, and they''re much softer.

I''m kind of looking forward to getting to that part of my cycle now so that I can give the DivaCup another go... LOL!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 11:59:43 AM

Date: 10/16/2009 1:33:42 PM

I remember reading about this a while back..I bookmarked the website but that''s all the farther I''ve gotten.

I use Nuva Ring for my birth control-would that mess with it at all? My period is only like 2 days long and pretty light since I''ve been on Nuva Ring but still I think I might like to give it a try. I can''t stand pads, even panty liners drive me crazy (I just feel dirty using them), and I hate when I use tampons and my period is really light-it downright hurts to change it.

It was a little uncomfortable at first but I think that I was just tense and worried about it being uncomfortable. Stuck the NuvaRing in first and then the Diva Cup. I could feel it. It just felt like a bit of pressure or something. Not painful though. After about 10 minutes, I didn''t notice it anymore. Didn''t feel any different than it had without the Nuva Ring.

I''ve got both in now and wouldn''t even notice if I wasn''t sitting here thinking about them.

As a side note, I quit using tampons after starting with the NuvaRing. It leaves me dry so inserting them was uncomfortable and taking them out was painful. One of my concernse with Diva Cup was how well it would insert/remove since I''m dry. It goes in no problem and comes out fine too. No pain.

Yay TMP :) Way to give it a try! Nice to see some feedback about how it works with NuvaRing for those who are curious about it. So, after being on the fence about it and then deciding to try it out - what do you think about the DivaCup now?

I''ll definitely keep using it. Suggested it to my mom too. (she is still saying "gross", but I''ll convince her)

No problem with leaks. No having to head for the bathroom just to deal with pads.

I might try trimming the tip off. There were times when it was just a little uncomfortable so that might help.

Does trimming the tip leave any kind of rough edges or anything?

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Trimming the tip doesn''t leave any rough edges, I think because it is silicone it is soft and bendy so once the tip was off I didn''t notice it at all. I found with the tip long it felt like it was scratching me, quite uncomfortable. I trimmed it just after the first little notch from the base of the cup. I love the DivaCup so very much!!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I need to try this again, I bought one used it for three months and gave up....runs to youtube....

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to remind everyone of this website with ALL the info you could possibly need to know (including tons of pics and videos) about cups: HERE.

There are *so many* choices on cups out there, not just the one. You can definitely find a cup that is best suited to you. This website helps you order different brands online: HERE.

I have the large diva, and a large purple LadyCup right now. I''m waiting for a blue Lunette, and an orange Meluna to come in the mail. I''m totally hooked.
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Ok, question... I can''t get the darn thing to turn?! What''s the trick? I am thinking perhaps I need to try another brand...

missjae

Shiny_Rock
I found it hard to turn at first too - I expected that getting a grip between my two fingers and turning would work, however, I found that lightly rolling it between your finger tips usually works well!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don''t have to be able to turn the cup. Some women can, some can''t. You just need to have it open on it''s own, which it will do. You can check the seal by feeling around it to make sure it has opened up. Kegel exercises definitely help and will pop open a cup too. It''s also not a bad idea to make sure that the air holes at the top are perforated all the way through--you can use a toothpick to clear them as necessary.

I love my Diva large best for the heavy days, but now have experience with the Large Meluna with tab stem from Germany too. It''s great! The LadyCup is also very comfortable, although it''s a bit tougher to remove because it is so smooth and squishy. I''ve had a bit of trouble with the Lunette being rather sitff. Maybe next cycle I''ll give that one another go. All in all though, I prefer my Diva for heavy days (highest capacity) and Meluna for lighter days (easy to use!).

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou! I''ll give it a go :)

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I got a MoonCup a few months ago (it is a UK brand- the USA Moon Cup stole their name). I was convinced to try by reading raves on here and other forums. I would NEVER ever admit IRL that I use one- most of my friends would freak at it.

I find it so easy to use. I hate tampons as can always feel them, and find pads are like wearing a nappy/diaper. I haven''t had periods for 5 years as I''ve been on the depot, and having them start all over again was a PITA, I felt like a teenager all over again. I find the Mooncup is the most comfortable thing ever. Big rave for it here.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
yea for the Diva Cup!!!. I have been using mine for a few cycles now and I love it!!! Will never go back to alternative methods

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m too lazy to read any FAQs right now so can anyone tell me if it''s okay to use with an IUD? I have a Paragard and if there''s any suction at all, I''d be a little worried about it pulling the device out of my uterus. Since I''ve been on Paragard, I''ve been having crazy-heavy periods with outrageous cramps. I''m spending so much money on tampons (and now pads and panty liners which I never used to wear).

So does anyone have a DivaCup AND and IUD?

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 9:49:44 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
I''m too lazy to read any FAQs right now so can anyone tell me if it''s okay to use with an IUD? I have a Paragard and if there''s any suction at all, I''d be a little worried about it pulling the device out of my uterus. Since I''ve been on Paragard, I''ve been having crazy-heavy periods with outrageous cramps. I''m spending so much money on tampons (and now pads and panty liners which I never used to wear).

So does anyone have a DivaCup AND and IUD?

Can I use the Diva Cup if I have an IUD?

The DivaCup is not suggested for use with an Intrauterine Device (IUD). It is possible for the IUD to become dislodged, displaced or removed when the menstrual cup is removed by inadvertently pulling on the IUD string. As with all gynecological concerns, please consult with your physician.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
An update from me-

After last posting here, I decided to try the Divacup for 100% of the end of that cycle to give it an honest try. I cut off the tip, which made it more comfy for me. I still didn''t like it all that much for a day or two, but once I got more practice using it I liked it enough that it''s my main lady business product now.
1.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Travel Goddess - I''d talk to your gynecologist. I use mine with my Paragard, since it makes the heavier periods so much more bearable. My strings are also super super short (can''t feel them through most of my cycle), so there''s no danger of them getting snagged on the cup.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 3:54:56 PM
Author: Aloros
Travel Goddess - I''d talk to your gynecologist. I use mine with my Paragard, since it makes the heavier periods so much more bearable. My strings are also super super short (can''t feel them through most of my cycle), so there''s no danger of them getting snagged on the cup.
Thanks Aloros. I''ve had my IUD for a couple months and I''ve yet to find the strings. My periods are epic so I''d really like to try this. I dunno which is worse though, going through a million tampons/pads for the next ten years or dislodging it myself with the DivaCup. Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results