shape
carat
color
clarity

DivaCup (Warning: Lady Business Content)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 12:25:08 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
I''m still really interested in this, but my darn IUD! I''m going to make an appointment with my gynecologist soon to talk to her about it.

Totally unrelated, but I just have to crack up when I hear you ladies refer to your period as AF. I had to stop using that euphemism ''AF is coming to town'' because FI would always insist that ''Aunt Flow always travels with Uncle BJ.''
20.gif
Men.

Now we call it ''Shark Week.''

Hi - I had an IUD and used the DivaCup for almost 1.5 years with no issues.. but do talk to your gynecologist if you`re worried..

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the help guys. According to wiki the divacup has the highest capacity of Menstrual cups at 30ml. I could not find anywhere the actual capacity of the instead cup, but since Divacup has the highest I think I will go with that. It''s probably at least the same as the Instead cup. Interestingly, it also says that both sizes of DivaCups have the same capacity so I''ll try the smaller one first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cup

I''m at the end of my period now so I probably won''t grab one for a while, but I''ll let you ladies know if I like it!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mia, google menstrual cup comparison. The first thing that shows up is the most informative cup site on the internet.
2.gif
You''ll find more links there that lead to videos showing direct comparisons too, and can read about everything that can be taken into consideration when choosing and using a cup.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 5:30:35 PM
Author: Upgradable
I''m close with her and her friends, so when the conversation turned to their periods, I pulled out my new cup and told them all about it.

When I read "I pulled out my new cup" I almost choked on my popcorn. Took me a quick sec to realize you weren''t wearing it at the time. Whew.
3.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 10:28:14 PM
Author: Travel Goddess

Date: 2/3/2010 5:30:35 PM
Author: Upgradable
I''m close with her and her friends, so when the conversation turned to their periods, I pulled out my new cup and told them all about it.

When I read ''I pulled out my new cup'' I almost choked on my popcorn. Took me a quick sec to realize you weren''t wearing it at the time. Whew.
3.gif
LOL!!!! Upgradeable I think it is awesome that you are educating your daughter and friends on this stuff. My mother claimed to have gotten TSS from a tampon so while she didn''t forbid us from using them, she also never took the time to explain options to us. So I just started using pads. I am not kidding you that I learned how to use a tampon at age 14 from my best friend who was a boy and only 12!! He had two older sisters and really wanted me to go swimming one day and when I told him why I couldn''t, he went to the store himself and bought them for me and then stood outside the bathroom door telling me what to do! So I just think it''s fantastic that they can talk about the options with you!

Lyra- I think I''ve searched that site but couldn''t find a specific comparison of capacity of the Instead versus the Diva Cup. Either way I think I will give the Diva cup a go and see if I like it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now YOU GUYS are cracking me up!! "I pulled out my new cup to show them..." Yes, it sounds horrifyingly gross. I''m glad you realized I meant that I pulled it out of the little orange satin bag, not my hoohoo! I am too glad I have this kind of relationship with my daughter and her friends. They have asked me a number of interesting questions over the years. Right now a conversation about what circumcision actually was, what a foreskin was, and why is this an issue for guys! We were laughing so hard!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-I''m glad you and your daughter have that close a relationship Uppy! I didn''t with my mom when I was younger, but I hope I do with London!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results