shape
carat
color
clarity

Disappointed with my Tiffany ring....opinions please?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E8DAF658-7138-40FA-A2E5-F51FEE38C927.jpeg
So here’s my antique ring right out of the magnasonic cleaner along with a preloved CVB Sophia band I just received today from a very nice lady on loupetroop. My first CVB piece!

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So here’s my antique ring right out of the magnasonic cleaner along with a preloved CVB Sophia band I just received today from a very nice lady on loupetroop. My first CVB piece!

Both are stunning! I love that there is a 'square' shape motif that ties both rings together, even though the stones are different cuts! Beautiful :appl:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love your antique ring. It's so pretty and it suits your hand. Most of all though, when you 'talk' about it, I can feel how much you love it. That's special. :wavey:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A013B7F1-3637-4224-8EDB-40517283EC35.jpeg
I LOVE this. I saved this picture a while ago. Is this an OEC? Does anyone know if this is from Pricescope? I’ve been wearing white gold or platinum for 25 years so maybe it’s time for a change....

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that is one gorgeous set! Love it! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this. I saved this picture a while ago. Is this an OEC? Does anyone know if this is from Pricescope? I’ve been wearing white gold or platinum for 25 years so maybe it’s time for a change....

That ring was set with an OEC moissonnite. I have that picture saved, too! It’s so beautiful. I wanted to mention AVRs to you. They are well cut new OECs. So you get great light return and the cut of an OEC. My ring in my avatar picture has an AVR.

I love some Tiiffany pieces, but I’d rather have a WF ACA over their diamond engagement rings. You were super smart to buy second hand. You should be able to sell it without losing too much money, if you decide to do so. Many here have changed diamonds multiple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find what we love most!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring was set with an OEC moissonnite. I have that picture saved, too! It’s so beautiful. I wanted to mention AVRs to you. They are well cut new OECs. So you get great light return and the cut of an OEC. My ring in my avatar picture has an AVR.

I love some Tiiffany pieces, but I’d rather have a WF ACA over their diamond engagement rings. You were super smart to buy second hand. You should be able to sell it without losing too much money, if you decide to do so. Many here have changed diamonds multiple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find what we love most!

I love your ring in the avatar!! If only I could get one that size! :geek2:
I do love the flowery pattern of the OEC’s. Where do I find the AVR? Does that stand for August Vintage Round?

That’s so funny that you have the same picture saved..

I didn’t know about the ACA before I purchased the Tiffany ring. I’ve learned so much after I got it. Murphy’s law...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me, I didn’t know a thing before I came here, and that’s true if most of us! Take your time and figure out what you want most! You did well with the Tiffany ring. It’s certainly much better than most rings sold in general!

The AVRs are currently being sold on the site: augustvintageinc.com.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love: your antique / cvb set! Gorgeous!!

Eager to hear what you think of the superideals and what you will decide eventually.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh that’s beautiful! :love: I’m a little biased as I have the same fishtail prongs and love the look but your set is really gorgeous.
Honestly, please do look at OECs and AVR/CERs* if you love the faceting and sparkle of your beautiful antique ring.
I think you’ll get the most bang for your buck with a true old cut - either OEC or transitional but sometimes finding ideal light return in those are not the easiest!
*Canera European Rounds - Victor Canera’s ideal cut.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a well loved ring on PS - it actually sold on Loupetroop not that long ago! I love the proportions and the two-tone, and well everything about it actually. You’re in good company in loving this one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring and looks gorgeous on you!:love:
Another vote for OEC ER. If you don't love the Tiffany you won't be able to make yourself fall in love with it. It just doesn't make your heart go pitter patter like the old cuts do. You aren't alone.:appl:

Of course a beautiful ACA might be a great second ER. :bigsmile:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
D16FF1E1-857B-4A2E-8D8E-A60C95A265B9.jpeg
Wow I didn’t think I would get so many compliments on my antique ring, thank you! I picked it up 11 years ago for $1200. =)2

Can anyone tell me the size of the stones in the yellow gold set?

Took a picture at the hairdressers today of my Tiffany ring with the Sophia band....hope no one saw me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your original OEC ring is gorgeous. I agree with the suggestion you go check out some super ideal cut diamonds and see if you like them better than your Tiffany diamond or if your heart belongs to OEC diamonds. As Missy said, you should have what makes your heart go pitter patter. I think you'd be able to see the Tiffany's set pretty easily.

M

MTHealthyLiving

3736DE15-9B6E-4EA4-85F1-E3443F86970E.jpeg 82C49354-8EFF-4B3A-B448-117D65CA51CA.jpeg DD22528F-B924-4167-864C-0E30B9B1DA03.jpeg
Hello everyone!
This is my first post. I’ve been married for 21 years and have always wanted a solitaire. My engagement ring was an 1ct eternity ring because that was all we could afford at the time. For our 10th anniversary I upgraded to a .88ct old European cut antique diamond ring which I wore and loved for 10 years. But I still thought about that 1+ carat solitaire....

Fast forward to our 20th anniversary, but before I found PriceScope, I upgraded to a pre-loved 1.18 VS1 G Tiffany solitaire as I thought that was the best of the best.....
Well after reading tons of posts here on Pricescope, learning about the HCA, True Hearts Ideal diamonds and Whiteflash’s ACA’s, I now wish I had found Pricescope before my Tiffany purchase.

I’ve been going back and forth for a few months now on whether or not to try and sell my Tiffany solitaire and purchase an ACA Whiteflash diamond. My solitaire is sparkly but it’s not a fireball as many of you describe your diamonds.

What I’m wondering is if there would be a noticeable difference between my diamond and a Whiteflash ACA diamond?
What really depressed me was when I plugged in the numbers on the HCA. :cry2: a rating of 3.4....:( what a disappointment.

Any advice or opinions would greatly be appreciated.

First picture is my antique .88ct diamond ring and second picture is the Tiffany solitaire with the etoile band.

Thanks so much in advance!

I honestly still know next to nothing about diamonds, but what I can say is PeriScope can make you lose your mind! Lol!
Since finding this group I’m constantly wondering about the quality of my diamonds and looking for something bigger and better.
But what I need to remember is what my rings represent, and that is not something even the best and most expensive diamond could change.
I hate how my channel set wedding band throws my whole set off, but I’m not willing to part with it because it’s the ring my husband put on my finger on our wedding day. It’s also a Kay ring, but again, it’s what it represents.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I honestly still know next to nothing about diamonds, but what I can say is PeriScope can make you lose your mind! Lol!
Since finding this group I’m constantly wondering about the quality of my diamonds and looking for something bigger and better.
But what I need to remember is what my rings represent, and that is not something even the best and most expensive diamond could change.
I hate how my channel set wedding band throws my whole set off, but I’m not willing to part with it because it’s the ring my husband put on my finger on our wedding day. It’s also a Kay ring, but again, it’s what it represents.
Very true !seems like you cannot stop and never satisfied before you reach best of the best of the best . But in real life everything has imperfections,even our own faces are not perfectly proportional and symmetrical , should we all run and do plastic surgery?hmm with time and age you are learning to love this imperfections and that makes you distinct ,different from other ppl, makes you unique

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And maybe that’s the reason now lots of ppl prefer old antique cuts bcs you will not find two stones perfectly indentical ,they all have personalities. Most modern ideal stones are like clones .they are perfectly perfect and you cannot tell them apart :confused:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very true !seems like you cannot stop and never satisfied before you reach best of the best of the best . But in real life everything has imperfections,even our own faces are not perfectly proportional and symmetrical , should we all run and do plastic surgery?hmm with time and age you are learning to love this imperfections and that makes you distinct ,different from other ppl, makes you unique

I tell my husband that I'm using my plastic surgery fund to buy diamonds.

OP, are you sure that you're not just wishing for a larger stone and that's why you're not thrilled?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your antique OEC ring is beautiful. Since you are considering changing your ring, you should definitely give yourself a chance to see if you like AVR OR CERs. Don’t worry that “other” people would love your Tiffany ring. What YOU love is what counts. and since you were not wowed with the Tiffany ring you know there is room for improvement. Good luck and don’t feel badly about not settling.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

PS is a great community. Lot of people. Lots of opinions.

FWIW? Your Tiffany ring is beautiful. You had the benefit of buying what you wanted, a beautiful Tiffany ring, second hand. Full stop.

Apparently, you've changed your mind. "Buyers remorse" long after you've enjoyed your beautiful Tiffany ring? Because you found PS?????

:wavey:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium

OP, are you sure that you're not just wishing for a larger stone and that's why you're not thrilled?
Hahaha totally !!!:))) with age ,I started to appreciate myself more ,I mean features I got from my parents , every day I see more and more of my mom in me ,and I would love to keep it :)) my daughter got my moms crystal blue eyes ,I haven’t seen my mom for long 9 years ,every time I look at my daughter,I see her ...well I changed the subject yes more diamonds or a trip to some sandy white beaches and palm trees plz !!!:)

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

FWIW? Your Tiffany ring is beautiful. You had the benefit of buying what you wanted, a beautiful Tiffany ring, second hand. Full stop.

Apparently, you've changed your mind. "Buyers remorse" long after you've enjoyed your beautiful Tiffany ring? Because you found PS?????

:wavey:

I love PriceScope, it’s a great community as you said. I don’t have buyers remorse, I just realized while being on PS that I could get bigger and better for the same price. :dance: I actually thought that Tiffany diamonds were the best but through this community I learned otherwise. Not that their diamonds are duds....
Not all is lost...after all it’s a Tiffany and can be sold to acquire bigger and better! Just glad I purchased preloved! =)2

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes perhaps a bigger stone or back to the antique cuts...

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes I will never part with my original engagement eternity ring! To this day, I’m eternity ring junkie.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One thing I forgot to mention is part of the reason why I wasn’t wowed by the 1.18ct Tiffany diamond was because it looks virtually the same size as the .88 OEC diamond I have! I think the fishtail setting makes the OEC diamond look bigger...I will take a picture of them side by side tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results