shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can these eggs still be bought at Tiffany stores or at Tiffany.com or has the ship sailed?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Can these eggs still be bought at Tiffany stores or at Tiffany.com or has the ship sailed?
I would call Tiffany customer service. If a store has one in stock, Im pretty sure they can locate it for you.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would call Tiffany customer service. If a store has one in stock, Im pretty sure they can locate it for you.

Thanks meesmom,

I called the Tiffany customer service 800# today to ask for availability of the Schlumberger egg. They do not have any of the large ones in stock I was told, price of $4300. However, they do have the turquoise one in stock in a small, price of $2100 in one of their stores which they could ship to me. The small comes on a 16” chain, the SA told me they could swop it for an 18”, probably more money, but I did not pursue because my wife likes 16” chains.

I will think about it, but if anyone wants to grab it, go for it. Was not sure how many they had around. The SA did tell me they were expecting more of the large ones later this month.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks meesmom,

I called the Tiffany customer service 800# today to ask for availability of the Schlumberger egg. They do not have any of the large ones in stock I was told, price of $4300. However, they do have the turquoise one in stock in a small, price of $2100 in one of their stores which they could ship to me. The small comes on a 16” chain, the SA told me they could swop it for an 18”, probably more money, but I did not pursue because my wife likes 16” chains.

I will think about it, but if anyone wants to grab it, go for it. Was not sure how many they had around. The SA did tell me they were expecting more of the large ones later this month.

They are actually getting more? Very interesting....wondering if the Schlumberger Egg is the new McDonalds McRib?? Available for a limited time only....:lol:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are actually getting more? Very interesting....wondering if the Schlumberger Egg is the new McDonalds McRib?? Available for a limited time only....:lol:

That is what the SA said to me. If it really happens, we will see. An earlier post said they were not making the large anymore.

Edit: I think that $4300 is really a lot of wood for this piece, I think the smaller one is a better buy, just my opinion, although $2100 is not chicken poop either.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks meesmom,

Don't miss out
I think its awsome you are going to buy one for your wife

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I decided to spring for it! Just ordered it, they had one in the NYC flagship store. It is for Valentine’s Day. It does come with a 30-day return. She usually does not like YG but this is a very unusual piece and with the turquoise, well, it is unusual and I think she will love it. Thanks for all the chatter and help.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I decided to spring for it! Just ordered it, they had one in the NYC flagship store. It is for Valentine’s Day. It does come with a 30-day return. She usually does not like YG but this is a very unusual piece and with the turquoise, well, it is unusual and I think she will love it. Thanks for all the chatter and help.

I am not a yellow gold person either, but i love mine. Make sure to add some pics when you get it, and lets us know how much she loves it!! :)

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not a yellow gold person either, but i love mine. Make sure to add some pics when you get it, and lets us know how much she loves it!! :)

Will do!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided to cancel the order.
With the pandemic going on, she is not wearing any jewelry now.
Does not even wear her ER or WB, so this would sit on a hook and collect dust.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection!! How much do you love it??? I gotta get that chain back in my life!!! :tongue:

LOVELOVELOVE it!!!!!! Gets a few compliments....;))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I decided to cancel the order.
With the pandemic going on, she is not wearing any jewelry now.
Does not even wear her ER or WB, so this would sit on a hook and collect dust.

:(2
Maybe next year then

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have an idea of size for the small and large versions? There were two versions made, or am I wrong? Thanks!

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have an idea of size for the small and large versions? There were two versions made, or am I wrong? Thanks!

Yes the large egg is the "original" egg. They started making a smaller version much later. Im not sure if they make the large one anymore...when i purchased mine years ago, it seemed they were phasing out the large version. I only saw the large version in amythyst at that time.
I put measurement photos of my egg (its the small version) earlier in this thread. The large egg is much bigger.
Hope this helps?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the large egg is the "original" egg. They started making a smaller version much later. Im not sure if they make the large one anymore...when i purchased mine years ago, it seemed they were phasing out the large version. I only saw the large version in amythyst at that time.
I put measurement photos of my egg (its the small version) earlier in this thread. The large egg is much bigger.
Hope this helps?

I'd love to see a large one.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@meesmom I am loving mine SO much--I am very happy you started this thread. I might have otherwise just walked by that showcase and this would not have not been on any radar of mine.....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results