shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

nkc

Shiny_Rock
@meesmom @nkc Eggthusiasts!

Can you please advise? Quite by surprise, I've found a lapis egg, no chain, at a local shop. What should I "expect" to pay as an estate piece? Last document/appraisal 2019.

cheers--Sharon

I paid $2100+tax for my turquoise egg with the thin chain that I plan to replace. I believe the chain is $300. This makes the current price of the turquoise egg ($2100-$300=$1800).

I believe the Lapis egg price is slightly lower that the turquoise according to @meesmom at the time she was buying hers several years ago.

I would not pay more than $1500 for the estate lapis egg if it is the small size. However, this is just my personal opinion and how I feel about it.

I would pay up to $2000 if I was getting it from the store.

Good luck with your purchase and remember that you can always negotiate the price with the seller.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I paid $2100+tax for my turquoise egg with the thin chain that I plan to replace. I believe the chain is $300. This makes the current price of the turquoise egg ($2100-$300=$1800).

I believe the Lapis egg price is slightly lower that the turquoise according to @meesmom at the time she was buying hers several years ago.

I would not pay more than $1500 for the estate lapis egg if it is the small size. However, this is just my personal opinion and how I feel about it.

I would pay up to $2000 if I was getting it from the store.

Good luck with your purchase and remember that you can always negotiate the price with the seller.

Yes the lapis was always lower. Actually it mid priced- the malachite and tiger eye was lowest, then lapis and opal was a bit more. The turquoise was always the most expensive, besides the diamond and amythyst
versions.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in shock at this price because i saw a lapis version being sold online for over $5,000!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in shock at this price because i saw a lapis version being sold online for over $5,000!

I know its crazy how much they charge second hand!!! I guess they think they can do that bc its discontinued and people wont know the actual price....:(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Revisited the egg today. I took my Tiffany 16 inch chain, but didn't like that length with the pendant. I never wear 18 inch chains, but when I tried it on with that length, it looked best (IMHO). On me anyway--didn't roll around as much.

cheers--Sharon

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

Revisited the egg today. I took my Tiffany 16 inch chain, but didn't like that length with the pendant. I never wear 18 inch chains, but when I tried it on with that length, it looked best (IMHO). On me anyway--didn't roll around as much.

cheers--Sharon

Yes, 18 and 20 inch looks best with it for sure. Did you get more info on size, or take any pics?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, 18 and 20 inch looks best with it for sure. Did you get more info on size, or take any pics?

LOL NO! LOL Epic fail!

I want to to to Tiffany to scope out chains, IRL.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping @meesmom and @diamondseeker2006 will see this but all opinions are welcomed. =)2

I agree. I offered to upgrade the Schlumberger and pay the difference but they also said it was not possible.
Sorry for asking too many questions but here's another egg from a different store. How does this one compare to the other two in your opinion?
I wish if Tiffany made them all identical so I don't have this dilemma :wall:
thumbnail (1).jpg

I am so sad I never saw the alert for this thread! I would have loved to shop along with you! I love, love, love these eggs, especially turquoise and lapis! I have two pair of turquoise earrings...one pair is Elizabeth Locke 19k gold and larger and a little dressy. It is Sleeping Beauty turquoise and very blue. The other pair is VCA and they are a little smaller, more casual and set in white gold. They are also blue. I would have chosen the one you chose because it is closest to the blue I have. The other colors were beautiful, too, and I honestly think it's mostly personal preference.

Someone asked this along the way...does VCA turquoise vary? Yes! I've seen very pale blue, various shades of blue-green like the Tiffany color, and the deeper blue like Sleeping Beauty.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
LOL NO! LOL Epic fail!

I want to to to Tiffany to scope out chains, IRL.

Take your time, lol.
Take a look thru this thread, we discussed what is the perfect chain for the egg (in my opinion!) :)
Its the medium weight tiffany chain, 18 inches

nkc

Shiny_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I attached mine to another 16" I have just to see if I like a short or long chain. I think I prefer the egg on a longer chain so may be I will get a 20" or 24" chain when I decide to wear it. But I agree with @meesmom that the Tiffany medium weight would be the perfect chain for this egg size. The advantage of a longer chain is that I'm able to see it when I feel like looking at it :lol: . But, I understand that some people might prefer the egg on a shorter chain.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I am so sad I never saw the alert for this thread! I would have loved to shop along with you! I love, love, love these eggs, especially turquoise and lapis! I have two pair of turquoise earrings...one pair is Elizabeth Locke 19k gold and larger and a little dressy. It is Sleeping Beauty turquoise and very blue. The other pair is VCA and they are a little smaller, more casual and set in white gold. They are also blue. I would have chosen the one you chose because it is closest to the blue I have. The other colors were beautiful, too, and I honestly think it's mostly personal preference.

Someone asked this along the way...does VCA turquoise vary? Yes! I've seen very pale blue, various shades of blue-green like the Tiffany color, and the deeper blue like Sleeping Beauty.

No, don't feel bad. Meesmom and others here were so helpful and patient while it took me forever to make up my mind.
I love these eggs too. It is unfortunate that I waited too long and am unable to get the egg in other stone variations. I feel that they can be addictive=)2

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I attached mine to another 16" I have just to see if I like a short or long chain. I think I prefer the egg on a longer chain so may be I will get a 20" or 24" chain when I decide to wear it. But I agree with @meesmom that the Tiffany medium weight would be the perfect chain for this egg size. The advantage of a longer chain is that I'm able to see it when I feel like looking at it :lol: . But, I understand that some people might prefer the egg on a shorter chain.

I had a 20 inch tiffany oval link chain (sold it :( ) and it did look really nice. And yes i could see it, bonus! I am perusing ebay daily for a "new" tiffany chain. I hate to pay full price for them! ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shorter chain, check. Like you, I like options!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Waiting on an 18 inch chain, medium weight. Out of stock at my local Tiffany store--will be brought in. :)

cheers--Sharon

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal Lovely!! It really is a special piece :kiss2: I hope to one day see one of these beauties in person.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Picked up my chain today from Tiffany. I am very happy with it! 18 inches is the perfect length. And the medium is the perfect weight.

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results