shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom I'm curious about the Schlumberger egg and ran across this thread. My local store carries the pink (pink opal) and turquoise pendants. Did you ever find out if the turquoise is color treated? When I saw it in the store, the coloration looked so uniform that I was surprised it was turquoise.

Great question! Ironically, my husband just found the info. booklet that came with my lapis one in our safe (shame on me, that doesnt belong in the safe! :roll: :lol:) and its still on my bureau. It lists all the stone treatments. Heres the turquoise info page:
20201119_173728.jpg

And the opal page:
20201119_173805.jpg
I hope this is helpful! :)

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Great question! Ironically, my husband just found the info. booklet that came with my lapis one in our safe (shame on me, that doesnt belong in the safe! :roll: :lol:) and its still on my bureau. It lists all the stone treatments. Heres the turquoise info page:
20201119_173728.jpg

And the opal page:
20201119_173805.jpg

You are the BEST! YES, this is exactly what I was looking for. Oh, I'm so torn between the pink opal and turquoise....

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom Do you think they will ever come out with the lapis egg again?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
You are the BEST! YES, this is exactly what I was looking for. Oh, I'm so torn between the pink opal and turquoise....

Aww thanks! Im glad to help! That is quite a dilemma, they are both soooo pretty. I love the turquoise, but the opal is more versatile a color. Did you try them both on?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom Do you think they will ever come out with the lapis egg again?

Hi there!! :) I really dont know but if i had to guess i'd say yes. I think they produce new ones every few years. As long as they keep the schlumberger brand they probably will. They had so many when i got mine: tiger eye, malachite, amythyst, and citrine...all sooo pretty!!

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Aww thanks! Im glad to help! That is quite a dilemma, they are both soooo pretty. I love the turquoise, but the opal is more versatile a color. Did you try them both on?

I did and I think the pink opal goes better with my skin tone. However, I'm worried that sudden shifts in temperature will cause the egg to crack. For example, getting out of a warm car in the middle of winter.

Your lapis egg is gorgeous, and I wish it were still in stock. Looking at your list, I'm now Googling what the zircon egg looked like.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I did and I think the pink opal goes better with my skin tone. However, I'm worried that sudden shifts in temperature will cause the egg to crack. For example, getting out of a warm car in the middle of winter.

Your lapis egg is gorgeous, and I wish it were still in stock. Looking at your list, I'm now Googling what the zircon egg looked like.

Omg I thought the exact same thing when i was shopping for mine! I poured over info about what can cause each stone damage, and lapis seemed the most stable (and it was $200 cheaper ;)) i even dropped my egg the 1st day i had it on my hard wood floor and it was fine (but i nearly had a heart attack). The opal would probably be fine, im sure it would be under your coat and near your skin? Did you ask if they could contact other stores and see if any lapis are available? Didnt know about the zircon, pls post a pic when you find it!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I am very confused. I have been checking the Tiffany website, and since the eggs are never available there, I thought none were available anywhere. I did not realize boutiques would have them!

Also, it would never occur to me in a million years that an egg (necklace, lol) could crack! However, accidentally dropping it on a hardwood floor is absolutely something I would do. I'm so glad yours is okay @meesmom!

@southernicetea I'm excited for you! Yes, please come post a picture if you get one!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am very confused. I have been checking the Tiffany website, and since the eggs are never available there, I thought none were available anywhere. I did not realize boutiques would have them!

Also, it would never occur to me in a million years that an egg (necklace, lol) could crack! However, accidentally dropping it on a hardwood floor is absolutely something I would do. I'm so glad yours is okay @meesmom!

@southernicetea I'm excited for you! Yes, please come post a picture if you get one!

Yes, i have heard if you call around, some locations have a couple in stock. But i havent bothered bc i still havent sold my tiffany band, ugh.

Oh yes, these are all semiprecious stones, so they all have different fragilities. I couldnt believe it when i dropped it, it bounced, and i had to have my husband look, i just couldnt. I dont even get it wet, i polish it with cotton after i wear it,and thats it. But i am a bit overprotective, lol.

SGV_Gal

Rough_Rock
@meesmom I'm curious about the Schlumberger egg and ran across this thread. My local store carries the pink (pink opal) and turquoise pendants. Did you ever find out if the turquoise is color treated? When I saw it in the store, the coloration looked so uniform that I was surprised it was turquoise.

Which store was it? I bought a pink opal egg in July at South Coast Plaza and now I kinda want a turquoise one. The SA told be they were going to be discontinued so I bought it instead of what I had originally gone to the store for.

Do you remember the price of the turquoise egg? I looked at it in July but don’t remember the price.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Which store was it? I bought a pink opal egg in July at South Coast Plaza and now I kinda want a turquoise one. The SA told be they were going to be discontinued so I bought it instead of what I had originally gone to the store for.

Do you remember the price of the turquoise egg? I looked at it in July but don’t remember the price.

When i got mine, i called the general 1-800 number. They should be able to tell you which stores have eggs in stock.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I asked the SA to send me pictures of two eggs. One is darker than the other. I would appreciate your opinions. Which one would you pick?
I plan to make my purchase today. IMG_8517.jpg

nkc

Shiny_Rock
20201119_173728.jpg

And the opal page:
20201119_173805.jpg

Thank you for sharing. Did you buy online or from the store?
I'm going to buy from a store so I'm hoping they will give me the same booklet.

nkc

Shiny_Rock

Please post a picture of your opal egg.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Another Pic with a T& Co. box
thumbnail (3).jpg

The one on the right has a really nice egg shape, and seems to have deeper color. But they are both lovely!!!:kiss2:

Reactions: nkc

nkc

Shiny_Rock
The one on the right has a really nice egg shape, and seems to have deeper color. But they are both lovely!!!:kiss2:

Thank you! I'm told by the SA that the shape is identical. I'm not sure why they appear to have different shape in the picture.
I'm afraid that no matter which one I pick, I will regret not getting the other one :lol-2:

thumbnail.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing. Did you buy online or from the store?
I'm going to buy from a store so I'm hoping they will give me the same booklet.

I bought online but i had to exchange at the store bc i didn't like the shape of the one i got. Sorry it looks like you posted this over an hr. ago. Did you make a choice yet? I keep looking at the pic, i really dont think you could go wrong with those 2 beauties!! The left one is a bit bigger and has more of a tiffany color so its really nice too. Id love to have your dilemma, so jealous!!....:shifty::D

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I'm told by the SA that the shape is identical. I'm not sure why they appear to have different shape in the picture.
I'm afraid that no matter which one I pick, I will regret not getting the other one :lol-2:

thumbnail.jpg

Id feel the same way....what chain are you getting??

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

thumbnail.jpg

I see a slight difference. The left one in the 1st pic is more bottom heavy, and looks a tiny bit bigger. I like the blue of the right, its a true "sleeping beauty" color.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I see a slight difference. The left one in the 1st pic is more bottom heavy, and looks a tiny bit bigger. I like the blue of the right, its a true "sleeping beauty" color.

@meesmom I apologize for the newbie question. What is a true "sleeping beauty" color? Is it one closest to the Tiffany box color or the one that looks closer to sky blue?

@nkc The one I saw in my local store is closer to the Tiffany box color. I actually wish it looked closer to sky blue! You have a nice dilemma, and I'm impressed the sales associate showed you both chains. I was told at my store that it only comes with the finer chain, but you can upgrade to the Schlumberge chain (for a price).

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Id feel the same way....what chain are you getting??

No, I haven't made my purchase yet. I e-mailed the SA and asked her to give me a call when she has time to complete the transaction.

I'm buying it with the chain it comes with since they told me they are unable to separate them and no longer have the egg only in stock.

I will probably buy a different chain in the future when I'm ready to wear it (if I'm ready to wear it).

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom I apologize for the newbie question. What is a true "sleeping beauty" color? Is it one closest to the Tiffany box color or the one that looks closer to sky blue?

@nkc The one I saw in my local store is closer to the Tiffany box color. I actually wish it looked closer to sky blue! You have a nice dilemma, and I'm impressed the sales associate showed you both chains. I was told at my store that it only comes with the finer chain, but you can upgrade to the Schlumberge chain (for a price).

The one that looks sky blue is sleeping beauty color. Sleeping beauty is a kind of turquoise that only comes out of one mine (i think its in Arizona)

nkc

Shiny_Rock

I was told I cannot upgrade the chain but can buy a different chain separately since they cannot separate the egg from the chain it comes with.
Are you sure your store allows an upgrade? Which store? I would appreciate more details.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
No, I haven't made my purchase yet. I e-mailed the SA and asked her to give me a call when she has time to complete the transaction.

I'm buying it with the chain it comes with since they told me they are unable to separate them and no longer have the egg only in stock.

I will probably buy a different chain in the future when I'm ready to wear it (if I'm ready to wear it).

Oh, ok. That stinks that they wont let you get the $500 thicker chain. Thats the best, IMO. If it were me, i think id go for the sky blue one. I think you will be able to wear it with more colors of clothing. But if you like the blue green, its beautiful too.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Oh, ok. That stinks that they wont let you get the $500 thicker chain. Thats the best, IMO. If it were me, i think id go for the sky blue one. I think you will be able to wear it with more colors of clothing. But if you like the blue green, its beautiful too.

I agree. I offered to upgrade the Schlumberger and pay the difference but they also said it was not possible.
Sorry for asking too many questions but here's another egg from a different store. How does this one compare to the other two in your opinion?
I wish if Tiffany made them all identical so I don't have this dilemma :wall:
thumbnail (1).jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I offered to upgrade the Schlumberger and pay the difference but they also said it was not possible.
Sorry for asking too many questions but here's another egg from a different store. How does this one compare to the other two in your opinion?
I wish if Tiffany made them all identical so I don't have this dilemma :wall:
thumbnail (1).jpg

Ok im glad its not just me, lol! They are ALL different. ;-) i still like the sky blue one in the 1st photo best. This one looks more barrel shaped. The one i returned was barrel shaped, and flat on one side. If you can get pics of all angles??

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Ok im glad its not just me, lol! They are ALL different. ;-) i still like the sky blue one in the 1st photo best. This one looks more barrel shaped. The one i returned was barrel shaped, and flat on one side. If you can get pics of all angles??

I agree. I felt that in some pictures, this one looked like a rock and not an egg.
Here are more modelling shots of the last one sent by the SA. I thought it was nice of her to do this. IMG_7815.jpg IMG_7817.jpg IMG_7819.jpg IMG_7816.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results