shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! My appointment is on Monday.

If they don't have your necklace, would you like me to ask why it is marked as unavailable on the website? Any other questions you'd like me to ask?

Oops sorry, yes Monday lol, I guess I'm in a rush for you to go!! That's so sweet of you. I'd really be curious, if one is available for you to see, how the shape is. If its a "good egg" ;-) Maybe yes, you could ask why they are unavailable so often? Only if you have time, of course, I'm sure you have a short time slot and people will be waiting. Please spend your time ogling your beautiful future brooch! And thanks again for thinking of me! :)

I just thought of something...wouldnt it be something if you wound up leaving your appointment with an egg!!:lol-2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oops sorry, yes Monday lol, I guess I'm in a rush for you to go!! That's so sweet of you. I'd really be curious, if one is available for you to see, how the shape is. If its a "good egg" ;-) Maybe yes, you could ask why they are unavailable so often? Only if you have time, of course, I'm sure you have a short time slot and people will be waiting. Please spend your time ogling your beautiful future brooch! And thanks again for thinking of me! :)

I just thought of something...wouldnt it be something if you wound up leaving your appointment with an egg!!:lol-2:

If they have your egg, I will definitely check the shape, take photos of it and ask regarding its availability.

I think your egg is gorgeous, but I'm a cool metal girl. If it came in white gold, it most certainly would "follow me home"!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
If they have your egg, I will definitely check the shape, take photos of it and ask regarding its availability.

I think your egg is gorgeous, but I'm a cool metal girl. If it came in white gold, it most certainly would "follow me home"!!

Ahem...

tiffany_jean_schlumberger_egg_charm.jpg__1536x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg

Reactions: AV_

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
That's lovely, but I meant I need the part that holds the egg to be white gold or platinum.

I love the interior parts of the pendants, the eggs -- the cobalt and turquoise ones and this one (you posted above) too. I even like the pink one (rose quarts?) too. And I love the design, that bow is so cute!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
That's lovely, but I meant I need the part that holds the egg to be white gold or platinum.

I love the interior parts of the pendants, the eggs -- the cobalt and turquoise ones and this one (you posted above) too. I even like the pink one (rose quarts?) too. And I love the design, that bow is so cute!

I figured, but I couldn't resist, haha! Yeah, if they had them in white metal, I'd buy it that way too. :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hi Meesmom!

Okay I visited Tiffany's yesterday and inquired about your turquoise egg. My sales associate was able to see more info on his computer than customers can on through the Tiffany's website. They have discontinued the larger egg charm but not the smaller egg pendant necklace. They have "plenty" (his words) in their NY distribution center. (I didn't ask how many "plenty" actually is.) He said to his knowledge Tiffany's doesn't have any intention of discontinuing them at this time. He said that any open Tiffany's branch should be able to do a request to receive one for a customer to look at and try on.

My Tiffany's only had the diamond version of the egg pendant (the one you posted above.) I tried it on and it is lovely. However, I do think it would be prettier in the turquoise and cobalt options. I just really like that pop of blue color.

I asked about the egg part being truly egg shaped in the cobalt and turquoise versions. He didn't seem to understand my question and just said that the surface should be smooth and even and if it isn't then they would of course replace it. I didn't press it.

I forgot to take a photo of the diamond version one on. Sorry!

I hope this info helps.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Meesmom!

Okay I visited Tiffany's yesterday and inquired about your turquoise egg. My sales associate was able to see more info on his computer than customers can on through the Tiffany's website. They have discontinued the larger egg charm but not the smaller egg pendant necklace. They have "plenty" (his words) in their NY distribution center. (I didn't ask how many "plenty" actually is.) He said to his knowledge Tiffany's doesn't have any intention of discontinuing them at this time. He said that any open Tiffany's branch should be able to do a request to receive one for a customer to look at and try on.

My Tiffany's only had the diamond version of the egg pendant (the one you posted above.) I tried it on and it is lovely. However, I do think it would be prettier in the turquoise and cobalt options. I just really like that pop of blue color.

I asked about the egg part being truly egg shaped in the cobalt and turquoise versions. He didn't seem to understand my question and just said that the surface should be smooth and even and if it isn't then they would of course replace it. I didn't press it.

I forgot to take a photo of the diamond version one on. Sorry!

I hope this info helps.

Oh wow, thank you for asking for me! And im not suprised they didnt understand the egg shape issue, they thought i was nuts for asking, and said very similar statements each time i questioned the shape. Im glad you got to try on an egg! Even the small is quite sizable, right?
I have found Tiffany customer service, getting, well, more vague in their answering of questions. I want to have the posts on my earring changed, and it was so hard to find a customer service rep that was willing to give me a price for that service. They just want me to ship my earrings, and then they will tell me, ugh. So frustrating..
Ok, so now that my Riviere is coming, its decision time to see if im going to sell my channel set band and get an egg!!! :shhh:
Ok so enough about me. Can we see and hear about that gorgeous brooch!!! :kiss2: Dragonflies are my favorite btw. They are very friendly for bugs!:D

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom What type of chain do you have? Is this the Schlumberger chain? I think it is perfect for the pendant.

Hi @nkc! Yes, its the schlumberger chain. It is very nice, but very heavy. I do like it a lot, but I wish i still had the Tiffany 4 gram, mid-weight chain that i used to (sold it, BIG mistake). It looked a bit more casual and I wore the egg a whole lot more. The thicker chain, is, to me, a lot dressier.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Hi @nkc! Yes, its the schlumberger chain. It is very nice, but very heavy. I do like it a lot, but I wish i still had the Tiffany 4 gram, mid-weight chain that i used to (sold it, BIG mistake). It looked a bit more casual and I wore the egg a whole lot more. The thicker chain, is, to me, a lot dressier.

Thank you! It is very pretty. How does the 4 gram chain look like? Did it come with the egg or is it sold separately?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It is very pretty. How does the 4 gram chain look like? Did it come with the egg or is it sold separately?

The ones i've described are sold separately. The egg does come with a thin pendant chain now, but when i bought mine it was sold alone. i didn't feel confident that it could support the weight of the egg, anyway. The 4 gram chain is thinner than the schlumberger chain, but a lot thicker than the pendant chain. I believe its this one:

It was the best pendant chain i ever had, i miss it so... i really need to get another!:(

nkc

Shiny_Rock
The ones i've described are sold separately. The egg does come with a thin pendant chain now, but when i bought mine it was sold alone. i didn't feel confident that it could support the weight of the egg, anyway. The 4 gram chain is thinner than the schlumberger chain, but a lot thicker than the pendant chain. I believe its this one:

It was the best pendant chain i ever had, i miss it so... i really need to get another!:(

Thank you so much. I'm thinking about buying a chain and trying to figure out my options.
Is this chain strong/ thick enough in your opinion? Do you happen to have a picture of this chain with the egg? I appreciate your help.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. I'm thinking about buying a chain and trying to figure out my options.
Is this chain strong/ thick enough in your opinion? Do you happen to have a picture of this chain with the egg? I appreciate your help.

It was a great chain, I wore it with my locket and my egg. Im sorry i dont have a picture. I didnt have it for very long. What are you planning on hanging on it? I'll let you know what i think....

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

I found these pictures comparing the 2 chains. This is the typical, thin pendant chain:
Screenshot_20201019-191653_eBay.jpg
Abd this is the thicker, more expensive one:
Screenshot_20201019-191611_eBay.jpg

nkc

Shiny_Rock
It was a great chain, I wore it with my locket and my egg. Im sorry i dont have a picture. I didnt have it for very long. What are you planning on hanging on it? I'll let you know what i think....

A similar egg :)

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I found these pictures comparing the 2 chains. This is the typical, thin pendant chain:
Screenshot_20201019-191653_eBay.jpg
Abd this is the thicker, more expensive one:
Screenshot_20201019-191611_eBay.jpg

This is very very very helpful! Thank you so much.
I was trying to figure out if the chain you like is the same chain type that comes with the egg. But, it appears in the pictures that it is thicker than the one that comes with the egg. Thanks again for the pictures.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is very very very helpful! Thank you so much.
I was trying to figure out if the chain you like is the same chain type that comes with the egg. But, it appears in the pictures that it is thicker than the one that comes with the egg. Thanks again for the pictures.

No i dont think it is the thick one. I think its the thin one, based on the price.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
No i dont think it is the thick one. I think its the thin one, based on the price.

Yes, I meant to say that it is not as thick as the Schlumberger chain but probably slightly thicker than the chain that comes with the egg. Is this true?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think (not for certain) that the egg comes with the thinnest pendant chain. The thicker one, and the schlumberger one are only sold separately, i believe. If you are going to use this chain for a heavier pendant, i cant recommend the chain I posted above enough. Its hard to find a plain cable chain in a good weight like this one!! :)

Edit: i just re-read your post, I think we are saying the same thing, lol!!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I think (not for certain) that the egg comes with the thinnest pendant chain. The thicker one, and the schlumberger one are only sold separately, i believe. If you are going to use this chain for a heavier pendant, i cant recommend the chain I posted above enough. Its hard to find a plain cable chain in a good weight like this one!! :)

Edit: i just re-read your post, I think we are saying the same thing, lol!!

Thank you! What length did you have? I haven't decided yet whether I should get the 18" or 24".

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! What length did you have? I haven't decided yet whether I should get the 18" or 24".

18". Imo, it was the most versatile. You could get a 24", tho, and shorten it to 22" or 20", if you like.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Ok today is better for me, although i did do a close up (you can still see my ratty flannel shirt tho, ugh! Not dressing up at ALL in this quarentine! :oops:)
I admit that maybe I shouldnt have gotten the matching chain, bc i do feel a little like Mr. T when i wear it, if anyone even remembers who that is (was)! LOL!
20200423_153136.jpg

One more question :bigsmile: Is this the charm or the pendant egg? I believe the charm is the larger version of the Schlumberger egg and is sold without a chain. The pendant comes with a chain.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
One more question :bigsmile: Is this the charm or the pendant egg? I believe the charm is the larger version of the Schlumberger egg and is sold without a chain. The pendant comes with a chain.

I'm not sure what it was actually called, pendant or charm...i will try to find the receipt. But it is the smaller version. When I purchased it many years ago, they were all sold without chains, and they had many different stones in both sizes. I think theres one way to tell the difference. The large one has "Tiffany & Co." written out on the tag. The small has just "T & Co." Mine has just T & Co. on it. :)

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure what it was actually called, pendant or charm...i will try to find the receipt. But it is the smaller version. When I purchased it many years ago, they were all sold without chains, and they had many different stones in both sizes. I think theres one way to tell the difference. The large one has "Tiffany & Co." written out on the tag. The small has just "T & Co." Mine has just T & Co. on it. :)

Thank you. You really know your Tiffany's stuff;)2 Way more than some SAs.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Aww thanks!! Really, i just do a lot of research before i make a big purchase, whether it be a tv or a piece of jewelry. But your right, i think that SAs could be a bit more knowledgeable. ;-)

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Agree! @meesmom has been incredibly helpful to me as well! Please share your egg with us once/if you get it. I would love to see it, and I’m sure many others agree!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Meesmom, did you buy the Tiffany egg?
Did not see it anymore on Tiffany website.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
@meesmom I'm curious about the Schlumberger egg and ran across this thread. My local store carries the pink (pink opal) and turquoise pendants. Did you ever find out if the turquoise is color treated? When I saw it in the store, the coloration looked so uniform that I was surprised it was turquoise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results