shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Here’s my faux necklace flipped. Still pretty imo.

7E8CFB7A-A0D3-4C58-8A56-8770D1F71CF5.jpeg

I love those! I was going for the length of the bottom one, ~15 inches.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This helps a lot, @lulu_ma! Thank you SO much for your thoughtful note! I am in the US, so I could certainly order both and just try them out. I prefer the graduated look to the tennis style (both are lovely!), and both the DeeJay and IDJ necklaces are graduated.

I love that you’re sporting 10 carats on the regular! I’m also going for an every day kind of necklace. I’m honestly really torn still, but leaning a bit toward DeeJay purely for size.

And thank you so much for your picture! It’s so helpful to have a real life perspective, and I’m going for YG too.

@Indylady I found one more pic that might help you. This is the DJ 8.55 ct (18”L) next to a 9 ct ebay find(16.5"). You can clearly see that the DJ diamonds looks larger due to the way that they are set.

I’m lucky that I got to compare the necklaces irl. While the 9 ct was heavier, the diamonds were just milky and lifeless in comparison to ones in the DJ necklace.

Attachments

• 1B186616-B38D-4556-B01D-4B188148EC1C.jpeg
    1B186616-B38D-4556-B01D-4B188148EC1C.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@Indylady I found one more pic that might help you. This is the DJ 8.55 ct (18”L) next to a 9 ct ebay find(16.5"). You can clearly see that the DJ diamonds looks larger due to the way that they are set.

I’m lucky that I got to compare the necklaces irl. While the 9 ct was heavier, the diamonds were just milky and lifeless in comparison to ones in the DJ necklace.

Lovely, thank you so much @lulu_ma! This is so enormously helpful. I think I should go ahead and order one, or both, and check it out in person. I will post pictures once I do!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, thank you so much @lulu_ma! This is so enormously helpful. I think I should go ahead and order one, or both, and check it out in person. I will post pictures once I do!

@Indylady look forward to seeing pics!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw this and really want one so if anyone is searching, these are cute! Maybe upgrade to better clarity as their base price include i1 stones

Q

Queenie60

@missy - Dolly is now taking custom orders for tennis necklaces and can have them made in platinum - 8 weeks to receive custom orders. I ordered one from her and look forward to receiving it. - 16" for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - Dolly is now taking custom orders for tennis necklaces and can have them made in platinum - 8 weeks to receive custom orders. I ordered one from her and look forward to receiving it. - 16" for me.

Aww, thanks for thinking of me @Queenie60.

When I was considering a tennis necklace Dolly had a gorgeous one for me but luckily I realized I didn't want a necklace before I got one. I just never wear them as my neck is super sensitive to anything on it and I am very minimalistic in my style so earrings and a ring is all I generally wear.

I am so glad I started this thread for two reasons. One it allowed me to realize what I wanted and didn't want before I made an expensive purchase. And two, a few PSers told me it helped them decide what to get too.

Please share your necklace when you receive it. It's going to be stunning. 8 weeks of delicious anticipation. :appl:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
@missy hope it's ok to post my necklace in your thread =)2

10tcw GH VS2.

10462757-CC2D-4678-B786-EF14B36516CE.jpg
1BF81B77-C70C-4B80-977B-2E3E2FF75CA8.jpg
35EE6D39-446E-4A94-88C7-08CACDD55505.jpeg

So gorgeous! Is it in RG?

Also, I spy with my little eye some stunning bracelets! I love Perlee clover and the pave love!! And that butterfly ring - I forgot the name - is darling as well. You have such gorgeous jewelry!!!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. I love it with your VCA pieces

Thank you @Missie1, it was your necklace that started my love for rivière style necklaces :)
So gorgeous! Is it in RG?

Also, I spy with my little eye some stunning bracelets! I love Perlee clover and the pave love!! And that butterfly ring - I forgot the name - is darling as well. You have such gorgeous jewelry!!!

It is YG @AllAboardTheBlingTrain. The other pieces are RG though. Thank you, my collection is always changing but I can honestly say that each item has given me so much joy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

10tcw GH VS2.

Gorgeous. :kiss2:
Please feel free to post as many photos as you like @HollyC.
Wear your beautiful new VCA necklace in good health and blingy joy.:appl:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Missie1, it was your necklace that started my love for rivière style necklaces :)

It is YG @AllAboardTheBlingTrain. The other pieces are RG though. Thank you, my collection is always changing but I can honestly say that each item has given me so much joy.

They are such statement pieces I just love them

Rebecca L

Rough_Rock
So I came back to tell you all I finally got my necklace! I looked around different jewelry stores and decided that I wanted to go with 10 pointers. The longer I searched the smaller the stones looked :lol-2: The jeweler I worked with was able to fit that into my budget by making it only 6.7 ct. I got a setting that makes the stones look bigger - it's called an illusion or miracle setting. The downside is that it uses a lot of gold, so that drove up the price. I got 12" of diamonds, and an adjustable chain for the rest, so i can wear it as long as 18". I think for a more casual look I would wear it at 14", that fits just above the top of a regular crewneck. (I am going to have some of the chain removable - I don't need such a long extension on a regular basis.)
The flipping is a bit of an issue. Jeweler said he can loosen it and it'll flip less. I don't want him to do that yet because there's no going back. he said as I wear it it'll loosen up itself. I guess I'll wait and see.
I debated going over budget and getting a full 15" or even 14" of diamonds, but decided against it. Jeweler said I can always add on to it one day, and I think that's a good plan. For now its long enough for 2 tennis bracelets, so I can divide it among two kids in a few decades lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I came back to tell you all I finally got my necklace! I looked around different jewelry stores and decided that I wanted to go with 10 pointers. The longer I searched the smaller the stones looked :lol-2: The jeweler I worked with was able to fit that into my budget by making it only 6.7 ct. I got a setting that makes the stones look bigger - it's called an illusion or miracle setting. The downside is that it uses a lot of gold, so that drove up the price. I got 12" of diamonds, and an adjustable chain for the rest, so i can wear it as long as 18". I think for a more casual look I would wear it at 14", that fits just above the top of a regular crewneck. (I am going to have some of the chain removable - I don't need such a long extension on a regular basis.)
The flipping is a bit of an issue. Jeweler said he can loosen it and it'll flip less. I don't want him to do that yet because there's no going back. he said as I wear it it'll loosen up itself. I guess I'll wait and see.
I debated going over budget and getting a full 15" or even 14" of diamonds, but decided against it. Jeweler said I can always add on to it one day, and I think that's a good plan. For now its long enough for 2 tennis bracelets, so I can divide it among two kids in a few decades lol.

Ummm. Pictures please!!!
And congratulations!

E6C88499-DF86-4D7F-A727-D74313516200.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just got a small cute one (with wave/scalloped design - does it still count as a tennis necklace?) recently, and would like opinions on whether you all think the length is fine or should be lengthened? Right now it is choker length but surprisingly comfy and not “chokey” - I actually forgot I was wearing it after a while.

A97C9751-FCE9-48F5-A681-B48B191127FB.jpeg
P.S. pls excuse the messy hair and not great neckline top!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Just got a small cute one (with wave/scalloped design - does it still count as a tennis necklace?) recently, and would like opinions on whether you all think the length is fine or should be lengthened? Right now it is choker length but surprisingly comfy and not “chokey” - I actually forgot I was wearing it after a while.

I love this necklace and length! It is so pretty!!!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

I think the length is perfect for you. Looks wonderful.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s so cute you could always get an extender for days you want to wear it longer but it looks lovely at that length imho

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

10tcw GH VS2.

Holly, I love your necklace. Does it flip? Would you mind sharing where you got it from please?

Love the Perlee Clover and Cartier pave too (so beautiful in RG. It's been on my wishlist forever!!). The butterfly ring is lovely too - is it PB?

Last edited:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Holly, I love your necklace. Does it flip? Would you mind sharing where you got it from please?

Love the Perlee Clover and Cartier pave too (so beautiful in RG. It's been on my wishlist forever!!). The butterfly ring is lovely too - is it PB?

Thanks @Phoenix, it doesn't flip because the front diamonds are joined so that helps it be more stable. Ice Rock diamonds on Instagram made it for me. He is wonderful to work with. The butterfly ring is from an Australian designer, Canturi.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love this necklace and length! It is so pretty!!!

I think the length is perfect for you. Looks wonderful.

That’s so cute you could always get an extender for days you want to wear it longer but it looks lovely at that length imho

Thank you @MamaBear @HollyC @bludiva !

Didn’t think of a removable extender but not sure if doable with the current clasp to be honest. Shall ask my jeweler next time.

I think the length is quite nice on its own as a choker style necklace but I was experimenting with hanging pendants off the necklace and I think it needs to be longer when paired with a pendant, so now am still thinking. Dug through my stash yesterday and found 9 pendants that have bails big enough to use with the necklace, so feel quite happy.

Anyone else who pairs their tennis necklaces with pendants or any threads on that?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Phoenix, it doesn't flip because the front diamonds are joined so that helps it be more stable. Ice Rock diamonds on Instagram made it for me. He is wonderful to work with. The butterfly ring is from an Australian designer, Canturi.

Thank you, Holly.

I looked him up. He has some amazing stuff!! Would you mind if I mentioned you, like you've had the necklace made by him?

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Holly.

I looked him up. He has some amazing stuff!! Would you mind if I mentioned you, like you've had the necklace made by him?

My pleasure. Wouldn't mind at all - though he might not know who you are talking about as my cat's name is Holly :lol: I can PM you on the other forum if you like :)

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @MamaBear @HollyC @bludiva !

Didn’t think of a removable extender but not sure if doable with the current clasp to be honest. Shall ask my jeweler next time.

I think the length is quite nice on its own as a choker style necklace but I was experimenting with hanging pendants off the necklace and I think it needs to be longer when paired with a pendant, so now am still thinking. Dug through my stash yesterday and found 9 pendants that have bails big enough to use with the necklace, so feel quite happy.

Anyone else who pairs their tennis necklaces with pendants or any threads on that?

@Bron357 pairs her tennis necklace with a stunning diamond pendant.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade love the scalloped design of your necklace-the length looks perfect on you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade it's gorgeous on you. I love it! :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@HollyC I’ve see her beautiful necklace but it looks like it’s fixed on? What I meant was slipping on the pendant to wear... removable and not fixed on.

Sorry for the crap pics as the lighting is pretty bad but here are 2 examples:

6AAB1342-0EA1-4DA6-BC86-91217B428B2C.jpeg 4AF1C436-010E-4F0A-A1CC-0647854B0EC0.jpeg

I’ve also seen for normal tennis necklaces depending on the design a small hook or removable ring device to loop/hang pendants on. Like this type:

—————-

Thanks @lulu_ma @missy! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results