clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

lulu_ma

Shiny_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovely PSers,

It’s cold, rainy and grey here today. This chunky sweater look is pushing it but I real like I need the bling energy today:???:.

I hope you are all well!

E9C9E431-D60B-477C-A37D-B35584D52B60.jpeg
Gorgeous ❤
Suits you so well. ❤

Ionysis

Shiny_Rock
Ok this is not for stacking and is not a traditional riviera/ tennis necklace but OMG! :kiss2: Does anyone live in Germany?
9F9F7EAC-BCA9-4230-A911-C5B4340A5A10.jpeg
Whoa!! I’d be pulling that baby part in seconds. So many amazing things could be done with that.

AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if this is the best place for this question but as it relates to tennis necklaces...

How do you estimate what is a good price for a tennis necklace especially if it has uncerted stones? I have usually only seen rivière or tennis necklaces that have uncerted stones (I guess since there are so many of them)! I mean after a certain size you can find price for comps that are GIA certed, but uncerted stones are obviously priced lower than certed ones. Is there a good source for a price on uncerted stones?

lulu_ma

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if this is the best place for this question but as it relates to tennis necklaces...

How do you estimate what is a good price for a tennis necklace especially if it has uncerted stones? I have usually only seen rivière or tennis necklaces that have uncerted stones (I guess since there are so many of them)! I mean after a certain size you can find price for comps that are GIA certed, but uncerted stones are obviously priced lower than certed ones. Is there a good source for a price on uncerted stones?
Hi @AllAboardTheBlingTrain-I was told by an established estate jewelry dealer that I could expect to pay $1,000 to $1,500 per carat for good quality estate tennis/riviera necklaces. Most sellers seem to ascribe to this metric at a bare minimum. DJ Jewelers is less than this for new merchandise because they do their own manufacturing. If I was buying new, I would have kept the 8.5 ctw necklace I bought from them.

In my months of searching (I admit it-I still look for fun), I have only ever seen 1 necklace that was GIA certified. I think that necklace had a high carat weight-maybe 30+ carats. Does this answer your question?

AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @AllAboardTheBlingTrain-I was told by an established estate jewelry dealer that I could expect to pay $1,000 to $1,500 per carat for good quality estate tennis/riviera necklaces. Most sellers seem to ascribe to this metric at a bare minimum. DJ Jewelers is less than this for new merchandise because they do their own manufacturing. If I was buying new, I would have kept the 8.5 ctw necklace I bought from them.

In my months of searching (I admit it-I still look for fun), I have only ever seen 1 necklace that was GIA certified. I think that necklace had a high carat weight-maybe 30+ carats. Does this answer your question?
Oh that was super helpful, thank you!

Yes I feel like even if a tennis necklace has stones that are at a size that they could be certified (eg 0.6-0.7ct) they very rarely are. I assume it’s because of the hassle of certifying like 50/60-odd stones! How would you even keep track of that kind of paperwork lol.

lulu_ma

Shiny_Rock
Oh that was super helpful, thank you!

Yes I feel like even if a tennis necklace has stones that are at a size that they could be certified (eg 0.6-0.7ct) they very rarely are. I assume it’s because of the hassle of certifying like 50/60-odd stones! How would you even keep track of that kind of paperwork lol.
You're welcome! Yes, it seems like it's not worth it to certify a necklace unless there are several 1+ carat stones.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.