color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lovely PSers,

It’s cold, rainy and grey here today. This chunky sweater look is pushing it but I real like I need the bling energy today:???:.

I hope you are all well!

E9C9E431-D60B-477C-A37D-B35584D52B60.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovely PSers,

It’s cold, rainy and grey here today. This chunky sweater look is pushing it but I real like I need the bling energy today:???:.

I hope you are all well!

E9C9E431-D60B-477C-A37D-B35584D52B60.jpeg

Gorgeous ❤️
Suits you so well. ❤️

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Ok this is not for stacking and is not a traditional riviera/ tennis necklace but OMG! :kiss2: Does anyone live in Germany?
9F9F7EAC-BCA9-4230-A911-C5B4340A5A10.jpeg

Whoa!! I’d be pulling that baby part in seconds. So many amazing things could be done with that.

Not sure if this is the best place for this question but as it relates to tennis necklaces...

How do you estimate what is a good price for a tennis necklace especially if it has uncerted stones? I have usually only seen rivière or tennis necklaces that have uncerted stones (I guess since there are so many of them)! I mean after a certain size you can find price for comps that are GIA certed, but uncerted stones are obviously priced lower than certed ones. Is there a good source for a price on uncerted stones?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this is the best place for this question but as it relates to tennis necklaces...

How do you estimate what is a good price for a tennis necklace especially if it has uncerted stones? I have usually only seen rivière or tennis necklaces that have uncerted stones (I guess since there are so many of them)! I mean after a certain size you can find price for comps that are GIA certed, but uncerted stones are obviously priced lower than certed ones. Is there a good source for a price on uncerted stones?

Hi @AllAboardTheBlingTrain-I was told by an established estate jewelry dealer that I could expect to pay $1,000 to $1,500 per carat for good quality estate tennis/riviera necklaces. Most sellers seem to ascribe to this metric at a bare minimum. DJ Jewelers is less than this for new merchandise because they do their own manufacturing. If I was buying new, I would have kept the 8.5 ctw necklace I bought from them.

In my months of searching (I admit it-I still look for fun), I have only ever seen 1 necklace that was GIA certified. I think that necklace had a high carat weight-maybe 30+ carats. Does this answer your question?

Hi @AllAboardTheBlingTrain-I was told by an established estate jewelry dealer that I could expect to pay $1,000 to $1,500 per carat for good quality estate tennis/riviera necklaces. Most sellers seem to ascribe to this metric at a bare minimum. DJ Jewelers is less than this for new merchandise because they do their own manufacturing. If I was buying new, I would have kept the 8.5 ctw necklace I bought from them.

In my months of searching (I admit it-I still look for fun), I have only ever seen 1 necklace that was GIA certified. I think that necklace had a high carat weight-maybe 30+ carats. Does this answer your question?

Oh that was super helpful, thank you!

Yes I feel like even if a tennis necklace has stones that are at a size that they could be certified (eg 0.6-0.7ct) they very rarely are. I assume it’s because of the hassle of certifying like 50/60-odd stones! How would you even keep track of that kind of paperwork lol.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh that was super helpful, thank you!

Yes I feel like even if a tennis necklace has stones that are at a size that they could be certified (eg 0.6-0.7ct) they very rarely are. I assume it’s because of the hassle of certifying like 50/60-odd stones! How would you even keep track of that kind of paperwork lol.

You're welcome! Yes, it seems like it's not worth it to certify a necklace unless there are several 1+ carat stones.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks ladies! And thanks for accompanying me on this journey! It’s been so fun to share it with you all. =)2

@Phoenix did you want platinum? I have a lead on an estate piece that just came through yesterday...sorry I’m totally an enabler!:evil2:

I am interested too in a tennis necklace 10-20 ct. Would be open to pre owned. :)

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
That would be me! That’s where I bought my one. Mine is the 10.5 carat one in yellow gold. I was quoted over $20,000 (yup) to have one made here in Australia so I went with DeeJay jewellers on eBay.
I was very happy with the quality, they aren’t milky and sparkle well.
However even with the longer length and graduated diamonds, it still flipped on me. Putting the heart pendant on it stopped the issue.

Hi Bron. I’ve been looking into getting a tennis necklace from this store on eBay. How has your necklace held up? Plus, the company does use SI2-I1 quality stones, can you see inclusions in your necklace? I wouldn’t really mind I1, since this wouldn’t be a special occasion type necklace. They seem to have reasonable prices. Ive also seen sparkly i1 stones.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bron. I’ve been looking into getting a tennis necklace from this store on eBay. How has your necklace held up? Plus, the company does use SI2-I1 quality stones, can you see inclusions in your necklace? I wouldn’t really mind I1, since this wouldn’t be a special occasion type necklace. They seem to have reasonable prices. Ive also seen sparkly i1 stones.

Hi, Im still very happy with my purchase. I chose a graduated size one as you mostly only see the ones in front and I’d rather have those ones bigger.
the diamonds are well cut and sparkly. The issue with lower clarity diamonds can be they get “milky” and don’t sparkle as much. These diamonds all sparkle.
Certainly if you have lots of $$$$$ you can get a magnificent one with huge diamonds of top colour and clarity but for the price I felt it was a most satisfactory “mid point” purchase.
To be honest, if anyone gets close enough to see the inclusions they had better be a partner or close family !
what people see is the “presence” and that is and should be sparkly diamonds.
I have a fat neck (thyroid) so my necklace did tend to flip, thats why I put the heart pendant on it. It doesn’t move ha ha. 41F88CAE-0D57-4279-9F7B-10333F7A95C0.jpeg
btw, the heart pendant has champagne diamonds.

Attachments

• BC35B0E6-A649-4D31-BFCF-893ADD21D196.jpeg
    BC35B0E6-A649-4D31-BFCF-893ADD21D196.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 83887EC2-1181-4F5C-BEB2-D47ACFD10666.jpeg
    83887EC2-1181-4F5C-BEB2-D47ACFD10666.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 31

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
Hi, Im still very happy with my purchase. I chose a graduated size one as you mostly only see the ones in front and I’d rather have those ones bigger.
the diamonds are well cut and sparkly. The issue with lower clarity diamonds can be they get “milky” and don’t sparkle as much. These diamonds all sparkle.
Certainly if you have lots of $$$$$ you can get a magnificent one with huge diamonds of top colour and clarity but for the price I felt it was a most satisfactory “mid point” purchase.
To be honest, if anyone gets close enough to see the inclusions they had better be a partner or close family !
what people see is the “presence” and that is and should be sparkly diamonds.
I have a fat neck (thyroid) so my necklace did tend to flip, thats why I put the heart pendant on it. It doesn’t move ha ha. 41F88CAE-0D57-4279-9F7B-10333F7A95C0.jpeg
btw, the heart pendant has champagne diamonds.

Thanks for your response. Such a beautiful necklace, and I love the pendant.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I would love to have a very small, short tennis necklace for everyday wear. I ordered a silver and CZ one from Amazon for $25 to see if I'd wear it for the long haul:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I would love to have a very small, short tennis necklace for everyday wear. I ordered a silver and CZ one from Amazon for $25 to see if I'd wear it for the long haul:

@seaurchin great idea! I did the same thing. Just keep in mind that the real ones feel much more comfortable and substantial.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

@JoeQueen I bought two necklace from this vendor before I found my auction piece. The diamonds had good sparkle and the necklaces were well made. Hard to see inclusions even with a x30 loupe.

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
@JoeQueen I bought two necklace from this vendor before I found my auction piece. The diamonds had good sparkle and the necklaces were well made. Hard to see inclusions even with a x30 loupe.

That’s great to hear. I don’t mind the clarity grade as long as the diamonds are well-cut. There aren’t really any threads about this vendor. Do you still have those necklaces or did you sell them? Also, is your auction piece around 8 cts? I think I saw a post about it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@JoeQueen I intended to keep the 8.5 carat but happened to win an 11 ct at auction. I bought 6 or 7 necklaces over a 2 month period-both new and estate. If I was buying a brand new necklace, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Deejay Jewelers again. I had to return the 8.5 carat before I received the 11 ct so I don't have any pics comparing the two necklaces. But I can tell you that the 8.5 carat from Deejay was far superior in color, cut and clarity compared to another 9 carat estate piece I tried.

Rebecca L

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m new here, Thank you everyone for your comments, I feel very informed after reading this thread! I’m looking for almost the exact same thing Missy was. Can some please advise me on what setting to get? I want to wear it every day so I’m worried prongs will snag my clothing, get stuck in my hair, etc. what do you all say? And, the flipping factor I read about here.
I think the max I would get for every day use is 6 ct. (15”-16” length). This is for my 30th birthday (and 10 year anniversary). Does this size sound appropriate?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I’m new here, Thank you everyone for your comments, I feel very informed after reading this thread! I’m looking for almost the exact same thing Missy was. Can some please advise me on what setting to get? I want to wear it every day so I’m worried prongs will snag my clothing, get stuck in my hair, etc. what do you all say? And, the flipping factor I read about here.
I think the max I would get for every day use is 6 ct. (15”-16” length). This is for my 30th birthday (and 10 year anniversary). Does this size sound appropriate?

@Rebecca L I think this is doable if you can find a slightly graduated style. For a tennis style where the stones were all the same size you would have to get a choker or wired style for it not to flip. Someone posted about the wired style but I have never seen or tried one on irl.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Rebecca L Someone posted about this one before. It's less carats than you were looking for, but intriguing because it is adjustable.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Big tennis necklace news at @xothebijouxbox :appl:

Very good price-especially if they don’t flip!

Rebecca L

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I love the versatility of the adjustable one, I’m pretty sure I’m going to do something like that so I can wear it with different necklines.
I looked up the tennis necklace news - Dolly is so sweet I’d love to buy something from her. The stones are pretty small though. I went to a jewelry store today and tried on a bracelet that can be made into a necklace - the stones were 5 points and the setting used fewer stones than typical so the tcw wasn’t too high. (7.5 for 15.5”) They discouraged the bezel as that would show too much metal. D9AA310D-0586-4080-A569-1E74821710D1.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennis bracelets?
OMG!

How could a bracelet bounce as well as a tennis ball?
And don't some diamonds pop out when the rackets whackit? :-o ;(

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Rebecca L If you are set on a higher carat tennis/ line style necklace, maybe you should consider this one. You could easily have it converted to an adjustable style.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I am interested too in a tennis necklace 10-20 ct. Would be open to pre owned. :)

Try this vendor. They seems to have several higher carat estate necklaces to choose from. And the prices seem somewhat negotiable

Rebecca L

Rough_Rock
@lulu_ma , thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it! I’ll look into the pieces you linked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results