carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Rebecca L

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Some beautiful necklaces there! but I would like specs!! I am trying to figure out what size stones, tcw, prices, what type of setting to get, how long of a necklace, should I leave a couple of blank inches at the back? Etc.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Some beautiful necklaces there! but I would like specs!! I am trying to figure out what size stones, tcw, prices, what type of setting to get, how long of a necklace, should I leave a couple of blank inches at the back? Etc.

@Rebecca L what’s your ideal budget and do you want the necklace to stand-alone as well as layer?

Most of the ones featured on Style Bistro are the classic riviera graduated style.

Rebecca L

Rough_Rock
@Rebecca L what’s your ideal budget and do you want the necklace to stand-alone as well as layer?

Most of the ones featured on Style Bistro are the classic riviera graduated style.

Thanks, my budget is flexible, max about 10k. I’m looking for something that’s appropriate for every day, and for my age (30). Obviously that’s subjective, but I live and work in NYC metropolitan area.
I want to wear it alone, maybe down the line layer it. I think riviera is too fancy for me. I’m thinking very short Is best- like 15”/15.5”, because I have little kids who grab at me.
what do you think ? Thanks so much for your (and everyone else’s!) input, I really appreciate it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, my budget is flexible, max about 10k. I’m looking for something that’s appropriate for every day, and for my age (30). Obviously that’s subjective, but I live and work in NYC metropolitan area.
I want to wear it alone, maybe down the line layer it. I think riviera is too fancy for me. I’m thinking very short Is best- like 15”/15.5”, because I have little kids who grab at me.
what do you think ? Thanks so much for your (and everyone else’s!) input, I really appreciate it!

I still think getting a 7/9/10 carat from Deejay Jewelers and having it converted to a shorter adjustable chain is your best bet. And then you can make earrings out of the extra diamonds!

Otherwise, you are in NYC so you’ve got lots of choices! Why don’t you go into ID Jewelry and try on some necklaces. You could have them quote you exactly what you want.

You should definitely be able to get what you want for $7k or less. Let us know how you make out!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi All! I hope you are all well-it’s another blah snowy, grey day in the New England.

I was just playing around and wanted to share this neck stack-it’s not quite a neck mess. Am I crazy or does this kinda work? (pls excuse the fleece)

6D5C4690-C08F-4D0F-8BA7-7C45C4BD256D.jpeg

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All! I hope you are all well-it’s another blah snowy, grey day in the New England.

I was just playing around and wanted to share this neck stack-it’s not quite a neck mess. Am I crazy or does this kinda work? (pls excuse the fleece)

It kinda does work. It’s definitely chunky

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

I love it, they look gorgeous together - befitting a queen :kiss2: You could get a wire made for it and wear it as a tiara/headband.

I love it together! I think because it sits so neatly together it almost looks like one necklace which makes it look more formal and a showstopper. You definitely must wear it like this - it looks great!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I love it together! I think because it sits so neatly together it almost looks like one necklace which makes it look more formal and a showstopper. You definitely must wear it like this - it looks great!

Thanks @AllAboardTheBlingTrain ! It's such serendipity that the necklaces work together. Now if only I had some place to wear it :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @missy . In that case, I can get a lot a use out of this combo! :D

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma - I LOVE it. Looks very glam.

Joining in on this thread as I'm looking for a diamond riveria.

The age old question though - bigger SI's from DeeJay Jewelry on Ebay or VS's from IDJewelry? Truly, could use some help from anyone that's seen DeeJay Jewelry's work in person! @lulu_ma, I'm particularly interested in your experience since you ordered an 8.55 carat a while back and mentioned liking it. I saw the pics and they were lovely!

$5500 will get me a 10 carat necklace from DeeJay and a 5 carat necklace from IDJewelry. I could also just get a 8.5 carat from DeeJay for $4500 and still have $1k for something fancy.

What do I do? It's such a big size difference for the same exact price. For a necklace, I think size > clarity, but...sparkle is the queen and I don't want to sacrifice sparkle for size!

Also setting differences - I like the look of the IDJewelry 3 prong setting more than the DeeJay 4 prong setting, but I've read the three prong is more likely to flip. Lastly - is 8-10 carats too much for everyday?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Indylady ! I’m so happy that can stack the two necklaces.

Quick question for you-ideally what necklace length do you want?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma - I'm pretty open minded. I think the shorter collar style is beautiful, so if I went custom, I'd go for something around 15.5-16 inches. I think the ID Jewelry necklace is 17-18 inches but they can likely customize it easily. I think DeeJay is 18 inches and probably can't be customized.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Indylady Ok, let me see if I can cover all the bases;-)

In larger stones, color and clarity are important to me. But for a diamond necklace, eye clean is enough. I actually bought a total of 6 necklaces and discovered that cut (sparkle) is more important than VS clarity.

Based on my research, it will be difficult to find a tennis style necklace (diamonds all the same size) unless you want one closer to a choker length~14". There seem to be three key factors that keep these necklaces from flipping-carat weight, graduation (riviera style) and length. The Deejay Jeweler's 8.55 ct goes one step further-the 7 largest stones are soldered together.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a diamond necklace from DJ's. I would have been happy with the 8.55 ct I bought from them. It was colorless and sparkly. Any inclusions were white and you really had to look for them with a 30x loupe. This necklace did not flip for me. I intended to wear the 8.55 ct daily and would have been comfortable doing do.

I ended up with an 11 ct estate piece, so I definitely think that 8-10 cts is wearable for everyday! I think that a 5 ct tennis style necklace is actually going to look kind of dainty. Do you have the opportunity to try some necklaces on irl? If you are US based, it doesn't hurt to order the DJ's necklace to try.

I don't really know the answer about 3 prong versus 4 prong--I think it probably depends on the overall construction of the necklace.

You have probably seen this pic but here's the side by side of the 8.55 ct riviera versus the 7 ct tennis style for comparison again:

IMG_5474.jpg

Well, I hope this helps. Let us know how you make out!

p.s. @Bron357 are the larger stones in your DJ's necklace soldered together?

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
oh buy.. becoming a bit obsessed with these..I think I would like something delicate and shorter.. will flipping always be an issue?

edited to change "buy" to "boy" he hehe freudian slip..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh buy.. becoming a bit obsessed with these..I think I would like something delicate and shorter.. will flipping always be an issue?

Honestly everyone I know who has a tennis necklace says yes flipping is an issue...but it doesn't necessarily have to be a deal breaker because when the necklace is flipped it is still pretty...it just depends on how you feel about it.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly everyone I know who has a tennis necklace says yes flipping is an issue...but it doesn't necessarily have to be a deal breaker because when the necklace is flipped it is still pretty...it just depends on how you feel about it.

Maybe I would feel okay because I wouldn't see it.. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

@siamese3 you can always buy a bolo style if you want the tennis style necklace. It’s less likely flip if it’s worn choker style (in theory).

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
@siamese3 you can always buy a bolo style if you want the tennis style necklace. It’s less likely flip if it’s worn choker style (in theory).

Thanks lulu-ma for the suggestion.. your necklaces are lovely & you are inspiring me..

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lulu-ma for the suggestion.. your necklaces are lovely & you are inspiring me..

Thanks @siamese3 ! I really love my necklace and am thankful that I could try a bunch out before settling. I hope you find one that is perfect for you!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@Indylady Ok, let me see if I can cover all the bases;-)

In larger stones, color and clarity are important to me. But for a diamond necklace, eye clean is enough. I actually bought a total of 6 necklaces and discovered that cut (sparkle) is more important than VS clarity.

Based on my research, it will be difficult to find a tennis style necklace (diamonds all the same size) unless you want one closer to a choker length~14". There seem to be three key factors that keep these necklaces from flipping-carat weight, graduation (riviera style) and length. The Deejay Jeweler's 8.55 ct goes one step further-the 7 largest stones are soldered together.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a diamond necklace from DJ's. I would have been happy with the 8.55 ct I bought from them. It was colorless and sparkly. Any inclusions were white and you really had to look for them with a 30x loupe. This necklace did not flip for me. I intended to wear the 8.55 ct daily and would have been comfortable doing do.

I ended up with an 11 ct estate piece, so I definitely think that 8-10 cts is wearable for everyday! I think that a 5 ct tennis style necklace is actually going to look kind of dainty. Do you have the opportunity to try some necklaces on irl? If you are US based, it doesn't hurt to order the DJ's necklace to try.

I don't really know the answer about 3 prong versus 4 prong--I think it probably depends on the overall construction of the necklace.

You have probably seen this pic but here's the side by side of the 8.55 ct riviera versus the 7 ct tennis style for comparison again:

IMG_5474.jpg

Well, I hope this helps. Let us know how you make out!

p.s. @Bron357 are the larger stones in your DJ's necklace soldered together?

This helps a lot, @lulu_ma! Thank you SO much for your thoughtful note! I am in the US, so I could certainly order both and just try them out. I prefer the graduated look to the tennis style (both are lovely!), and both the DeeJay and IDJ necklaces are graduated.

I love that you’re sporting 10 carats on the regular! I’m also going for an every day kind of necklace. I’m honestly really torn still, but leaning a bit toward DeeJay purely for size.

And thank you so much for your picture! It’s so helpful to have a real life perspective, and I’m going for YG too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results