shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond for future gent's ring

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I like the rendering, a few posts up, with the blue jazz hands best - I think it showcases the diamond best :)

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Like some others, I prefer the original round round. But @0515vision's latest edit looks good too.

Also, I've been waiting for someone else to mention this, but is there some secret PS convention by which all polygons with six sides or more are called hexagons? Or can't I count? It's an octagon, dammit!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Like some others, I prefer the original round round. But @0515vision's latest edit looks good too.

Also, I've been waiting for someone else to mention this, but is there some secret PS convention by which all polygons with six sides or more are called hexagons? Or can't I count? It's an octagon, dammit!

Octa = 8
Hexa = 6
:)

You are correct - this is an octagon shape... totally my mistake!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Omg - this *just* happened in another thread! Someone had an octagon setting as inspo, but her resultant ring was a hexagon, and no one mentioned it until way deep into the thread.

Octahexes will be the bane of my existence lol

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Omg - this *just* happened in another thread! Someone had an octagon setting as inspo, but her resultant ring was a hexagon, and no one mentioned it until way deep into the thread.

Octahexes will be the bane of my existence lol

Yeah, this drives me CRAZY! Can nobody count?! We fell in love with our apartment because it has a beautiful, unusual octagonal room. On our housewarming party invitations, we joked, "No gifts, please, unless they're edible or octagonal." An astonishing number of our friends brought us HEXAGONAL food! Hexagons are great--they tessellate the plane, bees use them to make honeycombs, they form the basis of beryl crystals (emerald, aquamarine), they solve various engineering problems--but they are NOT OCTAGONS!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
OK, OK, I get it...it's an octagon. I knew it had 8 sides from the very beginning. I had a duh moment. Please forgive me. Pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I'll even make waffles in the morning.

donkey-smile.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
OK, OK, I get it...it's an octagon. I knew it had 8 sides from the very beginning. I had a duh moment. Please forgive me. Pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I'll even make waffles in the morning.

donkey-smile.gif

I'm sorry, Deja! I didn't mean to give you a hard time.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

donkey-smile.gif

They better be be organic Belgian and stuffed with blueberries and HOMEMADE dark Amber maple syrup with a fresh heavy whipped cream, or you will literally never hear the end of this. I’m waiting.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
They better be be organic Belgian and stuffed with blueberries and HOMEMADE dark Amber maple syrup with a fresh heavy whipped cream, or you will literally never hear the end of this. I’m waiting.

Well of course - minimum standards, and all.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, Deja! I didn't mean to give you a hard time.

No offense taken! Not much gets to me...and I was just being a sarcastic jackass (again). :bigsmile:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Tick tock.

Gonna be a while - have to wait for the fresh blueberries to come into season in my home state of Michigan...where the BEST blueberries exist on the planet.

How about a Churro Waffle platter?
(I took this picture at a local breakfast/brunch joint as it was sitting in front of me)

Screenshot_20240309-191013-360.png

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Gonna be a while - have to wait for the fresh blueberries to come into season in my home state of Michigan...where the BEST blueberries exist on the planet.

How about a Churro Waffle platter?
(I took this picture at a local breakfast/brunch joint as it was sitting in front of me)

Screenshot_20240309-191013-360.png

Pfffft. Your sad blueberries don’t hold a candle to our wild Maine ones. Tempting but I’m far too high maintenance for such a commoner breakfast. THIS is more what I had in mind.
6D0F847B-19AC-4411-9FC9-A1D551A3A567.jpeg
3637986E-11AF-41BA-BF71-B812F98E670C.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

There used to be a great breakfast spot that I'd visit with my cousins on the morning of the return trip after visiting them which served blueberry waffles nearly identical!
I now need to mop, because I just drooled all over my kitchen floor. Thanks bunches.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
There used to be a great breakfast spot that I'd visit with my cousins on the morning of the return trip after visiting them which served blueberry waffles nearly identical!
I now need to mop, because I just drooled all over my kitchen floor. Thanks bunches.

I will now have to make these from scratch lol. I made bagels from scratch this morning and chicken pot pie with a scratch puff pastry for dinner. I wonder how waffles would come out. Ugh, now I need to go forage blueberries.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
“They tessellate the plane” sounds mystical. Now you need to redo the entire design with a hexagon.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I reached out to my family last night with renderings of all three design options:
Round/Round
Octagon/Round
Octagon/Octagon

Unanimously, they all chose octagon/octagon.
There is symbolic reasoning for this which I will reveal much later.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results