shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond for future gent's ring

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Man!!! I love this design!! I'd be too afraid to scratch it up...I'm pretty tough on rings....
1702502081981.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oh Man!!! I love this design!! I'd be too afraid to scratch it up...I'm pretty tough on rings....
1702502081981.png

Me too, David - I'm thinking of going in an entirely different direction with the design aspect because of that, but unsure of what to do.
Maybe something similar but with an open gallery type of a thing instead of a bezel. Dunno.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Tossing around the idea of something like this, but I'm really on the fence about durability/security.

Screenshot_20231213-155622-444.png

Screenshot_20231213-155312-362.png

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be beautiful! I know you will choose well. I would not do a tension setting if that is what the last one is. That looks to be a Celtic design worn especially by those who may have some Irish in them. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It is going to be beautiful! I know you will choose well. I would not do a tension setting if that is what the last one is. That looks to be a Celtic design worn especially by those who may have some Irish in them. :)

Celtic descent - yes.
Having Tension - lots.
Getting a tension setting - unsure.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Uhm, does the green diamond replace the first one, the .76 beauty? Or is this in addition to? Same ring project or another one? I’m hoping that you have two on-the-go. Guys have to keep up with the gals on sparklie options! :kiss2::lol:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Uhm, does the green diamond replace the first one, the .76 beauty? Or is this in addition to? Same ring project or another one? I’m hoping that you have two on-the-go. Guys have to keep up with the gals on sparklie options! :kiss2::lol:

The green diamond may be going to my sister, if my BIL thinks it would be something that she would truly enjoy as a gift from him.
I'm going to give it an assessment and if it checks out, then I'll be sharing lots of pics and videos of it with my PS family before it goes to its permanent home.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
The green diamond may be going to my sister, if my BIL thinks it would be something that she would truly enjoy as a gift from him.
I'm going to give it an assessment and if it checks out, then I'll be sharing lots of pics and videos of it with my PS family before it goes to its permanent home.

Oh, that's lovely for your sister...and glad that we'll get to see some videos of that beauty!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'll probably be starting a new thread later on...rest easy!

Screenshot_20231219-135441-477.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Possibly moving in a different direction for the ring...really liking this style, although I may change it up to 6-8 smaller prongs.

RingDesign.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Side profile:

RingDesign2.png

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
smaller prongs.

A very common client request....keep in mind that pics make prongs look more prominent that they do in real life ( generally)
Also ...do you really want less security???
Putting more prongs on- even if you ask for them to be smaller....it's gonna be very "busy"

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
A very common client request....keep in mind that pics make prongs look more prominent that they do in real life ( generally)
Also ...do you really want less security???
Putting more prongs on- even if you ask for them to be smaller....it's gonna be very "busy"

Thanks for the feedback, David.
Since this diamond has exceptionally important meaning, I want as much of it exposed and uncovered as possible...I don't think I'm going to get where I envision with a bezel-set.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Initial renderings from one of the jewelers I've been in contact with.
Waiting for renderings with a minor design change: the outer bevels will be polished instead of satin textured.
The center is enamel filled to give it a hovering/floating illusion.
Thoughts, anyone?

Screenshot_20240218-092458-446.png

Screenshot_20240218-092607-042.png

Screenshot_20240218-092549-335.png

Screenshot_20240218-092523-723.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My main question is whether you have worn very wide rings like this in the past? My husband does not find them comfortable.

My second question is whether you have perused the Stuller catalogue of rings? They have many beautiful designs like this (though without enamel) and I suspect the price will be much lower than custom.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
My main question is whether you have worn very wide rings like this in the past? My husband does not find them comfortable.

My second question is whether you have perused the Stuller catalogue of rings? They have many beautiful designs like this (though without enamel) and I suspect the price will be much lower than custom.

Hello, Dreamer_D!
Yes ...current ring is 8mm comfort fit, which this one would also exhibit.
Stuller is still on my mind...I have a few possibilities picked out, but whittling down to make a short list is still a work in progress.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I love the floaty idea! And agree that the shiny bezel would accentuate that look.

I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have the enamel part mimic the hexagon, so I made a rough mock up. Not sure what I think of it, but it was a fun Sunday morning project!

Dejawiz ring mock up.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I love the floaty idea! And agree that the shiny bezel would accentuate that look.

I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have the enamel part mimic the hexagon, so I made a rough mock up. Not sure what I think of it, but it was a fun Sunday morning project!

Dejawiz ring mock up.jpg

You absolutely just read my mind - I've been thinking over the last couple days that a hex shape might be more favorable!

Thank you very much for the edit...I just sent that over to the jeweler!
Wasn't sure what the open area in such a design is called, so I used the term "galley", hoping that it is acceptable/correct nomenclature.

Screenshot_20240218-112441-866.png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look you posted with the round "moat" of enamel.

Black enamel or vivid dark blue? I'm thinking from design perspective only; I do not know if it would influence the perceived color of the diamond (I know they separated by the bezel). I would not go hex for the enamel -- has more of a fake-y look to my eye.

I love the bevels that carry all the way 'round the shank -- would not change a thing there. I'm hoping it's ultimately a little softer-looking than the CAD -- which has a slightly-too-sharp machine-shop look.

Vis-a-vis wide rings: This is a thing -- I think most of mine taper to 6mm or so on the palm side after starting out at 8 or 10mm on the front. But I do not like more of a taper than that. Plus, it keep the weight distribution more even and prevents spinning.

I assume there is good access on the pavilion side for cleaning?

I really like it -- it's a great way for a man to wear a nice diamond!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I love this concept.

Like @LilAlex, I love the bevel and I prefer the original round 'moat'. Almost all my rings have a moderate taper front to back. This, among other things, reduces the machine-shop look.

In the current version, the top of the ring (the metal from the moat to the rest of the ring) is flat horizontal. I always try to avoid this - it gives a dazzling reflection when you view the ring square-on with the light behind you (as it usually is). This distracts from the stone. If you made it rise in a low 'mound', you could eliminate this. For the same reason, I'd angle the horizontal rim of the bezel a bit.

Whatever you choose, this will be great and I look forward to seeing it.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
LilAlex thank you for the feedback!

Enamel moat would be black, would not impact or influence the diamond since the silver-color metal bezel is the separator between diamond and moat.

Yes, it should definitely have a softer scratchy/satin look at actual size.

I'm not opposed to a slight taper from shoulder to palm/bottom, as long as it's no less than 6mm, like you mentioned.

Yes, access to the pavilion for ease of cleaning was one of my specific requests, so that will be a feature that would be present.

:)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the suggestions the men above me have suggested. A slight taper to 6mm would make the ring more comfortable I suspect.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Latest renderings with the polished bevels were provided this morning!
Jeweler SA did confirm that the hexagonal galley is possible, if desired.
Thoughts?

Screenshot_20240220-121010-210.png

Screenshot_20240220-121207-359.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results