carat
color
clarity

Diamond for future gent's ring

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous @DejaWiz !! Can't wait to see what you decide to do!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Big fan of both designs, but the bezel with a dark metal and brushed finish would look spectacular. Waiting for CADs to give opinions :rolleyes:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Reactions: Mlh

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Big fan of both designs, but the bezel with a dark metal and brushed finish would look spectacular. Waiting for CADs to give opinions :rolleyes:

I'm leaning that way, as well. Although it may be a while until I find a local jeweler that can make what I want...struck out with both inquiries to two today.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Now this is exciting news! I’m excited to see what you do with it :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited for you @DejaWiz!!! Just seeing your diamond made me happy! It’s beautiful! I can’t wait to this stone set and on your finger.

I know I’ve said this before but thank you again for all you do to help people get their dream stone on this forum.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I’m so excited for you @DejaWiz!!! Just seeing your diamond made me happy! It’s beautiful! I can’t wait to this stone set and on your finger.

I know I’ve said this before but thank you again for all you do to help people get their dream stone on this forum.

Thank you for the kind words, Calliecake!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hey @DejaWiz yay for you!! What a firey and great size stone! I love this bezel ^ setting because it will be smooth as butter to wear!! Looking forward to seeing this complete!!

Thank you very much, Slickk!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
That stone is literal fire. I love the second option with a brushed finish or possibly brushed with a hammer finish. I can’t wait to see what you do with this stone. Diamonds just became a dude’s best friend.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That stone is literal fire. I love the second option with a brushed finish or possibly brushed with a hammer finish. I can’t wait to see what you do with this stone. Diamonds just became a dude’s best friend.

Thank you very much, Runningmama!
Funny you mention all that... yesterday I was thinking a hammered finish might be pretty cool looking.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Some macro shots with spotlighting (yes, we're watching football again):

IMG_20230923_163127062.jpg

IMG_20230923_163143721.jpg

IMG_20230923_163114866.jpg

IMG_20230923_163121629.jpg

IMG_20230923_163103701.jpg

IMG_20230923_163032342_HDR.jpg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I love the second idea in brushed metal as well.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble photographing with ASET!! :mrgreen2:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love the second idea in brushed metal as well.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble photographing with ASET!! :mrgreen2:

Thank you very much, momofive!
Feel like I need to invest in a professional photography studio to get good photos through my ASET Scope. :lol:

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, LLS!
I do have a handful of men's diamond rings saved to my phone for design inspiration, but still not sure what direction to go. So many routes!
Although these two seem to be standing out the most so far.
I'd like to keep the width at 8-9mm then have the diamond centered.

received_2007573489629473.jpeg

received_839618551208802.jpeg

Your new diamond is beautiful. I'm going against the tide and vote for #1 ring style and believe that diamond would shine beautifully in that setting. But then, I've never been a fan of bezels on a gorgeous diamond. To me it's like putting a trench coat over a fabulous evening gown, the beauty is diminished. Taste is a personal thing though, so go with your heart.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Your new diamond is beautiful. I'm going against the tide and vote for #1 ring style and believe that diamond would shine beautifully in that setting. But then, I've never been a fan of bezels on a gorgeous diamond. To me it's like putting a trench coat over a fabulous evening gown, the beauty is diminished. Taste is a personal thing though, so go with your heart.

Thank you!
Yesterday when I was taking the latest photos to post, I went back to the ring photos and my mind started drumming up ideas. I like the smooth and sleek look of the second ring, but I also like the openness of the first ring.
I'm really thinking about some kind of combination of the two: maybe a serrated and aggressive half bezel with a more open gallery on the sides and bottom of the diamond, and bring the polished metal side accents over from the first ring?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Green LGD DejaWiz.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9626c1a55a9aa03c1a80e2cfbd565e3842fdc887.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa that color is stunning!

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful!!! I love the fire!! I am one of those "lurkers" attempting to absorb every bit of information from the very well versed posters here before I start my hunt for a "stunner" (something perhaps in the 3.5-5 carat range) for my 60th birthday in the spring. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but truly learn so much from you and everyone that posts. When I'm ready, I will be reaching out to this wonderful knowledgeable group for help with a stone and perhaps some advice on where to get it set. In the meantime, I'll fade into the background and keep learning!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! I love the fire!! I am one of those "lurkers" attempting to absorb every bit of information from the very well versed posters here before I start my hunt for a "stunner" (something perhaps in the 3.5-5 carat range) for my 60th birthday in the spring. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but truly learn so much from you and everyone that posts. When I'm ready, I will be reaching out to this wonderful knowledgeable group for help with a stone and perhaps some advice on where to get it set. In the meantime, I'll fade into the background and keep learning!

Hello and thank you, Engrgrl1!
Whenever you're ready to begin your search for your dream diamond, we'll be here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results