carat
color
clarity

Diamond for future gent's ring

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Are you referring to the "as is" renderings with the round galley, or the hexagonal galley?

Round, the most recent. I like the hexagon, too, but this appeals to me with the strong contrast.
JMO.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Love it. IMHO the enamel will look solid as opposed to give a floating effect BUT that look is good because it breaks up the monotone.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do all polished or all matte. (That said, I have a SS watch bracelet that has some links polished and some matte and after a while they all look the same.) Btw, I have struggled with platinum in that the matte often looks "brushed" which is a different look and quite white. I like more of a gun-metal look.

I still think I would avoid the hex gallery.

I agree with @Starstruck8 (and I had not thought of this) that that area around the enamel should probably not be a single plan to avoid the reflection issue.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the hexagon galley. It makes the ring more beautiful and unique IMHO.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Y'all got me on analysis paralysis! :lol:

Screenshot_20240221-085119-366.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hex design is very manly, I like it. I had a matte original ering and it kept wearing off. Eventually I just had it polished.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The hex design is very manly, I like it. I had a matte original ering and it kept wearing off. Eventually I just had it polished.

My husbands original wedding band also has a textured finish and it had to be reapplied so often he just polished it all too.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I won't stop until I've squeezed every drop of joy from this project and replaced it with crippling indecision. I know the assignment.

Maybe a sapphire -- that'd be cool...

It will look great no matter what!

Sapphire was on the table, initially...but my stronger draw to diamonds overruled that notion.
That, and I found a perfectly proportioned diamond at the exact meaningful carat weight that I needed for this ring.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just got the latest renders with the hexagonal galley...but I think their bench slightly misunderstood since they also put a hexagon around the bezel, itself.
Although, I think it may be a viable option to pick from...

1. Round/round
2. Hex/round
3. Hex/hex

Screenshot_20240307-074255-700.png

Screenshot_20240307-074352-165.png

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the original hexagon version better, but this design is still very beautiful and eye catching. I'm just so excited for your ring and hope you get exactly what you want. :)

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Just got the latest renders with the hexagonal galley...but I think their bench slightly misunderstood since they also put a hexagon around the bezel, itself.
Although, I think it may be a viable option to pick from...

1. Round/round
2. Hex/round
3. Hex/hex

Screenshot_20240307-074255-700.png

Screenshot_20240307-074352-165.png

I dont like what they did here because you lose the floating effect, i like the one that @0515vision did with the hex shape a lot because the angular hex makes me think 'more manly' lol

I also really like the round/round so i think thats just personal preference, but i dont like what they did here.

So my 2 cents goes: tie between 0515vision version of the hex and round round, i like both a lot
deja1and2.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Def not hex/round. That’s leaves a weird shaped space … so funny that they thought that was an option lol

Here's a rendering based off their nicer looking hexagon.

If you did go this route, however, I might make the black part a little narrower to balance out the plat/white gold part of the hexagon. The ring has heft, and I would want all parts to have that same feel.

EDIT: Actually the more that I stare at it, maybe not ... oh custom designs are so tricky! :confused:

Mind you, I'm not voting either way! It's your finger! :lol:

DejaWiz ring.jpg

Last edited:

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for round/round - but not my ring or my hand! I don't think I like the look of hex/hex, though

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Def not hex/round. That’s leaves a weird shaped space … so funny that they thought that was an option lol

Here's a rendering based off their nicer looking hexagon.

If you did go this route, however, I might make the black part a little narrower to balance out the plat/white gold part of the hexagon. The ring has heft, and I would want all parts to have that same feel.

EDIT: Actually the more that I stare at it, maybe not ... oh custom designs are so tricky! :confused:

Mind you, I'm not voting either way! It's your finger! :lol:

DejaWiz ring.jpg

Thank you very much for the edit/alteration: this is what I was hoping to get back from the jeweler. Super gracious you did this for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results