shape
carat
color
clarity

desperately seeking ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 11:33:32 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I wouldn''t buy from shenoa...but this head sure is pretty.
I hate to say it but looking closer this is quite a bit like what I was thinking of for a second choice (if the 8 prong thing I really want just can''t float) but with the shank up to the edge on the head... definitely taking a copy of this!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 11:35:07 PM
here is another u-shape
I know the original ring has a U shape - do you think that is visually better than a V shape for my stone and the rest of that ring? I like them both but not sure which would be better... I was leaning toward V but some of those pics you posted are just gorgeous!! I don''t know if I like the double U... it does make it a little less bulky sort of but it also makes it more bulky too in a way... the middle diamond does add sparkle but it''s gotta go.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 12:25:05 AM
Author: Mara
my thoughts is that the particular head that is on there will look great when the work is done on setting the stone. aka thin out the metal, scoop out the prongs a little more, put some actual tiny prong tips on there. when i saw my current head while WF was still working on it, i was skeptical it would look how i wanted but a lot of work can be done while they are working on the head/setting and setting the stone. though i think you are doing this custom, so i think if maybe the prongs weren''t double and it was more like a basic U but more like a scoopy thinner U it would be really pretty. i wouldn''t put a V into that setting, it''s too harsh of a look for a romantic stone in my opinion. you could maybe add a horizontal thin bar or scallop or scoop or something across the head on the side view or similar.

ETA i like that shenoa scoop head that was posted but without the pave, just thin lines of metal and scooped out head. yum.
ahhhh you think the V is too harsh? If I did put a V it would be a curvy V not a straight V. Something with va-va-voom LOL I dunno which though. Very reassuring that the work in progress is funny looking. I mean I''ve seen a few photo journals on it but when its yours, I dunno, it makes me a bit, no a lot more uncertain!

I would love to keep the side of the stone naked - but if it becomes a structural issue of course I''ll fill it in with something like maybe lynn''s detail or maybe even a bit simpler but nice and delicate/thin like that. Hopefully we can work it out to keep it nakey though!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you liked the pics!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are some I''ve gotten from my stash o''pictures... some of them belong to PSers so smiles and nods to them!!

What do you guys think of any of these for that stone/that band? I made this up earlier and then had to lay down and didn''t get to posting it... sorry!

cbpossheads.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 1:15:47 AM
I''m glad you liked the pics!!
oh yes and you can see a duplicate in the first one on the photo montage I just posted!!! lol (maybe I should consider that a sign??? lol!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The u-shaped split prong ring on the left center is a head I love. I was going to add it to the pictures I posted, but it was already on one of the threads posted. I love love love that head!!! The top left is awesome too.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 10:54:58 PM
Author: mrssalvo
here's a thread on detailed crowns/prongs..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-post-your-detailed-crowns-prongs.25177/
Okay thank you mrs salvo!! After like my third trip through this I noticed this one and went searching for a link and I *love* it!!! Mostly I'm focusing on the slope of the curve between the prongs and the space beneath the diamond... not the bonus diamonds... but this is great! taking this in!!! Thank you and thanks kd!!

ETA!! Forgot the link!!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/handshots-of-my-custom-ring.35653/

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I think Cehra that because you want your diamond to be set lower there is not much variations in prong shape left.
It will be determined mostly by starting point at the shank and geometry of your stone. Nothing much you can do about it especially if you want it to be simple and flowing.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 2:13:44 PM
Author: Pricescope
I think Cehra that because you want your diamond to be set lower there is not much variations in prong shape left.
It will be determined mostly by starting point at the shank and geometry of your stone. Nothing much you can do about it especially if you want it to be simple and flowing.
She did it!! I''m so excited!

Okay here''s more of the story (aka drama) for anyone who likes soap operas lol

when I first went in there I talked to C and she''s very nice and then I talked to the owner G who was very nice and helpful and patient etc. So I go in the next day and say lets go for it... and I meet L who is also nice helpful patient, but also really *gets* me and I don''t know how these things work, they seem to be a team but I''m still working with C and things seem okay... So I go in shortly after and the wax doesn''t seem what I wanted at all but I''m not sure how close the wax is supposed to be... L helps out and gets what I''m saying and tries to explain it to C and C claims to get it and I tell them if the 8 prong thing I''ve got in my head won''t work then we can talk about a 4 prong. So I go in yesterday and she has a 4 prong *done* ready to cast (in her head) and it''s totally plain and generic and nothing is right from the huge square prongs at each corner to the taper where the diamonds end on the sides to the thickness - nothing is right and I''m thinking great its worse than before and she''s looking at me with these pursed lips and sighing a lot and she''s suggesting some really weird things that I''m totally not into and I feel uncomfortable to say anything so I just tell her that I think I''ll just take my diamond and figure something else out. So she calls L over and L looks at the ring and looks at me and I can tell on her face she''s thinking what the heck did C do to this?? so L and I start talking and we get along *great* and she totally understands and everythings great and she says to give her a chance (and I''m secretly so glad because she all along knew what I was talking about) so she calls me today and asks me to come in and look but warns me that things are really tense there right now and I''m like I can wait a week until the owner is back from vacation and she really wanted me to come in today to see if what she''d done was on the right track - well it WAS!!!!! She gets it!!! She''d left one side alone the way C had done it and worked on the other side and it was amazing what she''d done in just an hour this morning!! So we kinda started from scratch and talked about all the details and she gets it!! And the head the other woman made was *way* too small and I have really good gut feelings about things and I had/have a good gut feeling about this place and about L but not about C so I''m so happy!!!! There''s a lot more to it that doesn''t involve me but I feel confident in what L will do for me. I can''t wait to show you guys how it looks!! I am SO glad I made this thread though because KD''s JA head is an important piece to the puzzle!!

Oh and C kept insisting that I needed 2mm of solid metal under the diamond which put the height of my ring at 9mm and L says I don''t need that much because of the build up in the corners so she is thinking she can do it in 6mm!!! I think 7 is good, we''ll talk more soon :)

Thanks you guys! Thanks MrsSalvo and KD!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, so glad that L got what you were going for. That''s great news. I can''t wait to see the final product!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 6:10:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Yay, so glad that L got what you were going for. That''s great news. I can''t wait to see the final product!!
36.gif

ditto. i can''t wait to see the final product..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2006 6:17:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 10/6/2006 6:10:34 PM
36.gif

ditto. i can''t wait to see the final product..
double ditto!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I know it will be beautiful.

Hey, I''m dying to know who makes the setting? Is it Adwar?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 11:57:34 PM
Author: lumpkin
I know it will be beautiful.

Hey, I''m dying to know who makes the setting? Is it Adwar?
I have no idea - I''d love to know! If anyone knows I''d really like to know... but mine is getting made from scratch and is actually being changed in just about every way LOL! Still, I''d love to know because I''m curious what else they have that is similar... I did find a tension setting company that makes a wedding band almost identical to the wedding band that goes with this ring but they didn''t make this set - they only have tension settings... abici and gabsomething I don''t remember the name one was a G and one an A I think...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2006 7:43:28 PM
Author: Pricescope
tahnk you Scott, Cehra, i digged out that band for you http://www.gelinabaci.com/html/product_detail.php?id=314#
Thanks guys! That''s the one I was talking about!

The ring doesn''t look anything like mine, funny - the band looks more LOL Where the diamonds end on the side they''re going to come to a conclusion other than just dropping off, a blunted V shape most likely - the same shape as the front of the head is going to have... and we''ve got a way of turning 4 prongs into 8 prongs with quite a bit of elegance! Like bisecting swags of gold that reach up and touch the stone
1.gif
and of course the solid "bowl" mirror under the stone... gotta have that! I wish I could explain it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So are we going to get photos of the latest wax??????????

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2006 10:45:09 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I didn''t take photos of the others, they were so incomplete.... you really want pix of the wax rather than waiting until the final product??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2006 11:42:55 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I didn''t take photos of the others, they were so incomplete.... you really want pix of the wax rather than waiting until the final product??
Umm, yeah we love to see pics of the waxes. It''s fun to see the whole process. It will hold us over until the final product. So bring them on girl!!!
36.gif
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2006 11:48:32 PM

Date: 10/8/2006 11:42:55 PM

Umm, yeah we love to see pics of the waxes. It''s fun to see the whole process. It will hold us over until the final product. So bring them on girl!!!
36.gif
1.gif
LOL! I''ll see what I can do - I''m not expecting a call before tuesday and I have nothing at the moment...

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra, sorry I missed out on another of your threads (pregnancy and some others things limit my PS and ring project time dramatically!!!), but anyway, the ring design you chose looks beautiful, and I''m glad the one jeweler you were working with (L?) ''got it'' about the prongs!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Anyway, when I looked at your old thread, you had said, "I''m pretty sure i''ve chosen green lake http://www.greenlakejewelry.com ..." and I was wondering if you changed that. Are you working with them, or did you decide not to, and if not, why not?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 2:12:41 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Cehrabehra, sorry I missed out on another of your threads (pregnancy and some others things limit my PS and ring project time dramatically!!!), but anyway, the ring design you chose looks beautiful, and I''m glad the one jeweler you were working with (L?) ''got it'' about the prongs!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Anyway, when I looked at your old thread, you had said, ''I''m pretty sure i''ve chosen green lake http://www.greenlakejewelry.com ...'' and I was wondering if you changed that. Are you working with them, or did you decide not to, and if not, why not?
ooooh congrats on the preg!!!!! I loved being pregnant!!!

There were a few reasons why I decided to end my ''relationship'' with greenlake... and none of them were about the quality of their work. I wasn''t getting things when I said I would including the estimate before I drove up there - now I''d TOLD her what my budget was but when we got there it was way over so I had to start cutting this and that and asked for a new budget and a week later stil hadn''t gotten it... every sketch revision took a *week* and even then somtimes the end of her workweek would come and I''d have nothing. We drve up there (8 hours round trip) and some of the design elements that I wanted to discuss I just got "whatever you want" kind of attitud and it just wasn''t working for me. Not at the distance. Id recommend them for sure, but only to someone who would command attention. I tend to be like "take your time" because I don''t want to stress people, and I think that gets taken advantage of. I don''t mind it being taken where it needs to be, but I can''t *always* be the one pushed to the bottom of he pile either. Anyway, it wasn''t any one thing. Their work is incredible and I''m kinda bummed not to use them... but I still couldn''t get that ring to sit rightin my head the way this one just clicked. I am very gut instinct kind of girl and greenlake was a very head sort of desire. I believe in them but it wasn''t quite right - it could have been my particular designer... I think I would have been better paired with someone else, but they really don''t make it easy for you to choose who would be best for you You just kinda get assigned unless you request someone and I''ve no idea who I would request. I won''tmention the girls name though because I don''t doubt she''s excellent and she was very nice. In the end it suits me so much better to have someone local that I can meet with as often as needed and use my hands and be able to draw things and model clay etc to explain things.... I didn''t really seek a design proposal - I went in knowing already what I wanted my head to look lie and i''ve not seen anything like it at all anywhere but I''m pretty good with in mhead spatial images so I knew it would work IFI could explain it lol and IF it would be surdy enough which I thought it would be if done orrectly.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Hey Cehra,

Any pictures of the wax yet? I feel like I''ve been left hanging...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, we need an UPDATE!!! I can''t wait to see it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 5:55:54 PM

She did it!! I''m so excited!

Okay here''s more of the story (aka drama) for anyone who likes soap operas lol

when I first went in there I talked to C and she''s very nice and then I talked to the owner G who was very nice and helpful and patient etc. So I go in the next day and say lets go for it... and I meet L who is also nice helpful patient, but also really *gets* me and I don''t know how these things work, they seem to be a team but I''m still working with C and things seem okay... So I go in shortly after and the wax doesn''t seem what I wanted at all but I''m not sure how close the wax is supposed to be... L helps out and gets what I''m saying and tries to explain it to C and C claims to get it and I tell them if the 8 prong thing I''ve got in my head won''t work then we can talk about a 4 prong. So I go in yesterday and she has a 4 prong *done* ready to cast (in her head) and it''s totally plain and generic and nothing is right from the huge square prongs at each corner to the taper where the diamonds end on the sides to the thickness - nothing is right and I''m thinking great its worse than before and she''s looking at me with these pursed lips and sighing a lot and she''s suggesting some really weird things that I''m totally not into and I feel uncomfortable to say anything so I just tell her that I think I''ll just take my diamond and figure something else out. So she calls L over and L looks at the ring and looks at me and I can tell on her face she''s thinking what the heck did C do to this?? so L and I start talking and we get along *great* and she totally understands and everythings great and she says to give her a chance (and I''m secretly so glad because she all along knew what I was talking about) so she calls me today and asks me to come in and look but warns me that things are really tense there right now and I''m like I can wait a week until the owner is back from vacation and she really wanted me to come in today to see if what she''d done was on the right track - well it WAS!!!!! She gets it!!! She''d left one side alone the way C had done it and worked on the other side and it was amazing what she''d done in just an hour this morning!! So we kinda started from scratch and talked about all the details and she gets it!! And the head the other woman made was *way* too small and I have really good gut feelings about things and I had/have a good gut feeling about this place and about L but not about C so I''m so happy!!!! There''s a lot more to it that doesn''t involve me but I feel confident in what L will do for me. I can''t wait to show you guys how it looks!! I am SO glad I made this thread though because KD''s JA head is an important piece to the puzzle!!

Oh and C kept insisting that I needed 2mm of solid metal under the diamond which put the height of my ring at 9mm and L says I don''t need that much because of the build up in the corners so she is thinking she can do it in 6mm!!! I think 7 is good, we''ll talk more soon :)

Thanks you guys! Thanks MrsSalvo and KD!!
Okay so here''s more of the soap opera for anyone who''s interested LOL

The jeweler I''m working with works part time - she has some health issues and is trying to take it easy, but she''s by FAR the best talent in the store... she spent years in the wealthiest part of portland doing custom work on rings 5-6x the value of mine and KNOWS what details are lol so the week after the above week I could tell she was overwhelmed but she didn''t say so, but I could empathize and I told her to wait a week to work on mine (she didn''t ask) and she was so sweet... but then ended up in the hospital for a week and in ICU for a few days... while she was gone the owner (who is very good at execution but not so creative) thought he needed to get my piece done so he worked with C (first jeweler) to finish what he thought and what she thought I wanted... and it was fairly close, but lots of details missing... I was actually surprised they did as well as they did, but still - I told the owner I really wanted to wait for L to be feeling better even if it took two months. so she called me yesterday, she''s feeling better and I know she''s really worried about her health but she said to me, and I couldn''t believe it... she said, "I can''t go yet, I have too many projects I''m working on - especially yours. I really just want you to have the perfect dream ring." And sure, the owners says basically the same thing, but she and I have kind of bonded... in fact I''m making her some Banana''s Foster Bread right now as a welcome back gift!

so, in the mean time, to tie you over... and I just want to reiterate that this is NOT the finished thing by any stretch - this was done by the old jeweler... but it gives some idea of how the prongs will be (they will be thinner and more pointed) and these melee are 1 pointers and I''m going to have 1.5 or 2 pointers that are a little closer together I hope... and with more defined detail in the metal around the shape etc. I love the positioning of the 8 prongs but I don''t want them to look like little balls either LOL My husband and I also want the gallery to be solid and I might add a couple of diamonds there - I dunno... I can''t wait to sit down with L today and go over some of this stuff... when she called she had a telling tone in her voice when she said, "I saw they worked on it while I was gone" LOL!!! They also made it a *full* size too big! And she just did everything wonky... don''t worry girls, I would not settle for work like this!!!! Think lower, finer, more elegant... but you get the basic idea of the elements. the head is still too small but the details are still too chunky.

I can''t wait to see what L does with it :)

cbackring.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2006 12:24:28 AM
Author: ltl
Hey Cehra,

Any pictures of the wax yet? I feel like I''ve been left hanging...
too funny, I didn''t even see these until after I posted LOL!! I guess I''m a mind reader ;-) Just remember this is NOT what it will look like!! I''ll show you more waxes in a week or so when I get them :)

And since you guys asked so nicely, here''s another one (I can''t believe there was any fire in that shot - the ring is so totally covered in waxy finger prints I couldn''t believe it sparkled at all LOL) The V on the side where the diamonds end is supposed to be a bit more defined and mirror the V from the front... I''m gonna stop talking now... there is so much still wrong with this wax LOL

cbackring2.jpg

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Wow that ring is gonna be beautiful. What kind of metal are you doing it in? That is sad about the jeweler, I hope she will be OK?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 1:34:40 PM
Author: gail013
Wow that ring is gonna be beautiful. What kind of metal are you doing it in? That is sad about the jeweler, I hope she will be OK?
It''s going to be in white gold, parts will be a very high polish and parts will be matte... the part above/between the melee will be matte - like buttah!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results