shape
carat
color
clarity

Handshots of my custom ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, (are you sick of me yet?)

I'm still walking around in a euphoric haze. This ring throws fire like you wouldn't believe. It faces up super-white and is totally eye clean. Yes, I can see a hint of warmth when I tilt it at certain angles or look through the pavilion, but I don't mind it at all. The sparkle is almost overwhelming.

Sorry if these handshots are a tad repetitive, but I wanted to include the clearest and most representative pictures. I know I could've posted them in my original thread (see below), but I didn't want them to get buried. So, for your convenience, here they are! ENJOY!

Original thread about my James Allen custom ring

Cheers,
Kristy

18a.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another.

17a.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another.

16a.JPG

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Gorgeous! I love it!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another

13a.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanna be artistic shot

7a.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another flower shot

6a.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just two more, I swear

4ab.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LAST ONE!!!

1ab.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and the wedding band here goes with my original Tacori e-ring. It''s obviously antique style and doesn''t quite match this more contemporary e-ring, but I think it kinda works, don''t you? Of course, if DH were to offer to get me a matching band, I wouldn''t turn it down! (not gonna push my luck though, ha!)

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! That is absolutely amazing!! It is so much easier to see in these pics. It looks stunning with your band and so HUGE!!! Keep em coming please!!! I''m going back for a second look
3.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2005 12:58:29 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Oh, and the wedding band here goes with my original Tacori e-ring. It''s obviously antique style and doesn''t quite match this more contemporary e-ring, but I think it kinda works, don''t you? Of course, if DH were to offer to get me a matching band, I wouldn''t turn it down! (not gonna push my luck though, ha!)

What kind of band would you want to go with it? Plain platinum or diamond eternity ring? I do think your band works though. I''m in the process of trying to figure out what kind of diamond band I want with my ring. I''m thinking pave.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza -- I think pave would be totally gorgeous with your ring! I love pave too, but I''d be worried about maintenance issues and accidentally scratching my kids. With two little ones under age 3, my hands get pretty grubby (just the thought of diaper cream getting stuck in all the little nooks and crannies of a pave ring makes me shudder!).

If I were to get a new band, I''d probably go for something like this Whitney Boin, though I''d want it to be polished and a bit thinner/more delicate. What do you think?

019_lg.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could even see myself pairing this ring with this....

004_sm.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or just keeping things simple and going with a 2.5mm platinum band.
1.gif
There''s quite enough diamond going on already!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
oh WOW!
36.gif
Thanks for sharing all those pics! It looks HUGE on your finger! Now I have an idea of how a 3 carat would look on my finger.
3.gif
It really looks beautiful. I love the look of a solitaire with eternity ring.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
KristyDarling - I drool over your ring. It''s so so so beautiful. Thank you for the wonderful pictures...and may I add that the photography is superb!
26.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and the does not look bad. In the first picture in this thread the prongs look like the are far out from the diamond. Are they really far out from the diamond or is that only in the picture?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I saw this ring earlier tonight and thought it might look good with your ring since the band is rounded. But I don't know if the bead setting might bother you for the reasons you stated above.

This is from Pearlman's.

ETA I wonder if the Whitney Boin ring is too modern looking for your solitaire which has a slightly more romantic feel??? Just my first impression.

40J18.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I love the band Demelza posted and I canNOT get enough of your ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!!!

Dem - I think you might be right. I have it in my head that my new e-ring is tres tres contemporary, but really, it''s quite traditional. The band you posted is gorgeous but yes, the bead setting might not work with my lifestyle as a working mom of 2 little kids. Please keep the ideas coming though...you have impeccable taste.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora,

Are the prongs very far out from the diamond? Well, I think it might just be the picture since it's so close-up. When I look at it on my hand, the prongs appear to be spaced just the right distance away from the diamond. Actually, if you can believe it, the diamond doesn't look that obnoxiously humongous when you view it from the side because the jeweler did such an amazing job of creating proportional space between the diamond and the prongs. And, I think the curvy arch between the prongs causes the diamond to seem more "contained," if that makes sense, which gives the illusion of a smaller stone when seen from the side. Of course, when you view it from the top, it's definitely very large.
3.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2005 1:35:36 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Thanks everyone!!!

Dem - I think you might be right. I have it in my head that my new e-ring is tres tres contemporary, but really, it's quite traditional. The band you posted is gorgeous but yes, the bead setting might not work with my lifestyle as a working mom of 2 little kids. Please keep the ideas coming though...you have impeccable taste.

Thanks for the compliment!

I don't know why, but I came across this ring and thought it might look good. Can't articulate why exactly. What do you think? It's from Tiffany's.

19144879_xl.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow rock candy!! It looks fab on your hand...

I think that a shared prong like Precious Jewels ACA band would be STUNNING with your ring. I think that if you were to buy something else, my two cents is that the ring needs larger stones than the existing eternity ring you posted to really complement the center stone. Then again you could wear a piece of string next to that big bauble and it would still look fabulous!!
31.gif

Love it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is just stunning, absolutely huge, and gorgeous!! I love the surprise diamonds in the prongs and think that ring and setting should be a focal point. I do actually really like the last Tiffany ring posted and think it would look amazing with the solitaire ring, though I''m not too keen on how they set the rb diamonds in the marquise shaped portions of the ring. Overall though, I think the 2 could look very lovely together.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2005 2:31:34 AM
Author: FireGoddess
The ring is just stunning, absolutely huge, and gorgeous!! I love the surprise diamonds in the prongs and think that ring and setting should be a focal point. I do actually really like the last Tiffany ring posted and think it would look amazing with the solitaire ring, though I''m not too keen on how they set the rb diamonds in the marquise shaped portions of the ring. Overall though, I think the 2 could look very lovely together.

I agree about the way those prongs look in the marquise shaped sections -- I''m just assuming that they don''t look that clumsy in real life. Maybe it''s just the magnification.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy, your ring is just so stunning! I wear a size 4 also, and now I have an idea what a 3.5 carat will look like on me. Although, I don''t think I''ll ever get to have one of that size or be able to carry it off! You''re a very lucky woman, wear it in good health.

I love that eternity band Demelza just posted. I think it''s suits your ring perfectly IMO. Beautiful. I want one just like that! It''s so classy and romantic, almost antique in feel. And I think your new engagement ring has that same feel to it, I don''t think it''s exactly comtemporary looking. More pictures please!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results