shape
carat
color
clarity

desperately seeking ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jeweler I was working with wasn''t working out (language issues mostly) but thankfully one of the other women there and I really connect and I feel much better. So I''ll spare you the drama and details and just get to my point.

I''ve been looking all over this site and the internet for over a week but I haven''t found the right head and so now I''m looking to see if I''ve forgotten anything (btw a "show me your head and prongs" thread would be so handy lol - not all the rings in smtr show sides and profiles!) or overlooked something, or just didn''t see something in the right way... so basically I want your help/input and (haha) did I mention I need this by tomorrow!!!??

Below is the ring - I like it all except the head. The ''surprise'' diamond is going because I want the diamond set lower and this setting is for like 1/2 carat and mine is over 2 carats bigger than that, and not round. I also don''t like this head for THIS band. I like this head for a totally plain band but it doesn''t look quite right to me with this band. I want something less chunky, more flowing/elegant/simple if possible... I want it to sit as low as possible and I''d really love it if there wasn''t any metal covering the front of the diamond.

Ideas please?? I''ll post some that have ideas I like and maybe that will help??

cbheadq.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is a whole thread about heads.
I hope it helps

click here

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 8:59:29 PM
Author: sevens one
here is a whole thread about heads.
I hope it helps

click here
Yeah I had seen that... but thank you :)

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the profile of my ring- it''s cast from one piece but maybe it will give you some ideas.

47b6d724b3127cce8cacd9d9acf900000016102BYuGTZwyYw

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 9:25:14 PM
Author: Molly1024
Here''s the profile of my ring- it''s cast from one piece but maybe it will give you some ideas.

47b6d724b3127cce8cacd9d9acf900000016102BYuGTZwyYw
wow, that is so cool!! and different!!! i''ll have to go look up more pics now!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling bored, I''ll go through my jewelry pic folder and attach whatever looks cool and unique to me. Hope you are ready for a ton of pics. By the way, I have no idea where the majority of these pics came from, I''ve collected them over the past year from various places.

61nick.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a bezel, not sure if you are open to that. I believe this is cartier.

cartierbezelhead.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another, this is the only one like it I''ve seen. I think I spotted this on ebay, and kept the picture because I thought the setting was cool with the NSWE prongs.

coolhead4.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is from pearlman''s

coolheadpic.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
daniel k, always loved this one.

danielheadrose.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked this one because of the cool diamond prongs.

diamondpronghead.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one is probably taller than you would like, but it''s elegant.

dognuthead3.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this one looks like a flower.

flowerhead.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one could work quite beautifully in my opinion. Simple...but unique.

headwitharing.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gawd, this one is amazing...it''s a leon.

leonbeautyhead.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is from my thread on N,S,E,W prongs and I love it! It would have to be modified to go with your band, but the prongs could stay. Just thought I'd throw it out there even though it probably won't work. Sometimes you find inspiration in things that won't necessarily work.

NSWEheadprongs.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one would have to be modified so that it sits lower for you.

pic34tery.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is crazy!!! I''m not sure you will like it, but it sure is cool! You must be getting bored... LOL

sappirehead.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a few more left.

squareroundhead.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t buy from shenoa...but this head sure is pretty.

uniqueheadpic.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is really simple and modern, but I love the U-shape. It''s elegant and sits low. A bit different than the antique styles I put up for a bit of variety.

ushapedhead2.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is another u-shape

U-shapedhead.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the ones from Kcoursolle with the ascher cut and the one that looks like a flower. Both are absolutely gorgeous! Let us know which one you decide on.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok...woof, that was a lot of pictures. I know not all of these will work, but hopefully they will inspire you in time to make a decision tomorrow.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, kcoursolle!!! What a great show!
36.gif

Thanks..

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my thoughts is that the particular head that is on there will look great when the work is done on setting the stone. aka thin out the metal, scoop out the prongs a little more, put some actual tiny prong tips on there. when i saw my current head while WF was still working on it, i was skeptical it would look how i wanted but a lot of work can be done while they are working on the head/setting and setting the stone. though i think you are doing this custom, so i think if maybe the prongs weren't double and it was more like a basic U but more like a scoopy thinner U it would be really pretty. i wouldn't put a V into that setting, it's too harsh of a look for a romantic stone in my opinion. you could maybe add a horizontal thin bar or scallop or scoop or something across the head on the side view or similar.

ETA i like that shenoa scoop head that was posted but without the pave, just thin lines of metal and scooped out head. yum.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 11:26:24 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I think this one looks like a flower.
Wow that''s gorgeous! That''s not the daniel k rosebud?

No, not bored... I''ve been having really bad headaches off and on for 2 weeks and had to lay down. you are so generous to share these and I haven''t seen most of them!! yay!! i knew I could count on someone here to show me some stuff a bit out of the typical boxes... I feel like I''ve exhausted everything but you never know what a fresh pair of eyes or a fresh opinion will come up with!! Thank you for these!! I like this one and I like the one you said is "weird" a lot but I don''t think that''ll work LOL!! Gonna look through again now!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 11:33:32 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I wouldn''t buy from shenoa...but this head sure is pretty.
bahahahahaha okay last time I just looked at pics this time I''m laughing here!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results