shape
carat
color
clarity

Design help? It''ll fun... I promse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wondering too. Was hoping she was okay. Glad to hear that... what''s she studying?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure. She passed along a note of her condolences to me through Storm. She said she would be back on the forum very soon. I think she has been gone for like 4 weeks. I hope she did well on her exams.
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exams?? Yuck! I hope she did well too. Yeah it''s been about 4 weeks, you''re right. That''s when I posted my original halo thread... and I haven''t seen her since. It was very nice of her to pass the condolences on, however. Does strm know her IRL?

I''m so nosey... just smack my nose like a bad puppy if I''m poking about too much.
32.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops, I''m the one who thought the Legacy was too fussy, but I was mistaking for something else. Actually, I like the Legacy better than the Daniel K.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OKAY. So... diamondsrock for the Daniel K. Kaleigh (since you didn''t offer up an opinion and I know you ADORE your setting) for one like hers.... and everyone else with the Legacy.

I saw a Legacy knock off today in Manhattan. Well, from the side it was a knock off the halo was completely different. It was really nice. It had the surprise diamond. And if I go with a Legacy-type side view... I think I''m definitely going to have to pony up the 300 bucks for the 2 surprise diamonds... cause I think you all are right about that.

I still like the Daniel K... my concern is that without all the pave and whatnot, I won''t like it. Same for Kaleighs which is more substantial than what I think will look good without pave.

Also... I wanted about 1.7mm for shank width. But I was told that it would be too thin
7.gif
for the size of the halo. That 2mm should be the thinnest I go. (This wasn''t from Quest, was from other jeweler I got a qoute from). But I''m afraid 2 mm would be too chunky.

I want this to be crisp, with strong lines... but delicate in execution. Very delicate. Any thoughts on mm of shank?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are talking about the actual shank of the ring that goes around your finger? I have this ring I ordered to look at in a 6 prong Tiffany and the shank (if I understand the term right!) is 2.5mm and it is thin!!! I don''t see how you can put a large diamond or a halo on anything much smaller. But I promise, it is not in any way chunky.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I signed up for a 2 day Photoshop class in June. I am actually taking 2 vacation days off!
I got the software but haven''t accomplished too much on my own.

I can''t wait to be able to make cut & paste pictures!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...I also remember seeing a halo profile from Precision Set, but can''t locate it right now.

I''ll look again tomorrow....It''s past my bedtime.

As far as shank width goes, my vote goes with the 2mm.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker and Isaku. Yes. Okay... but I like Micro-- superduper thin bands. I do think, however (and if anyone would verify this it would be appreciated) that the Ritani endless loves are mostly 2mm... and they are nice-- I shouldn't like anything thicker than that though. Isaku... you love much larger jewelry pieces than I do!! I think that while our tastes coincide on many aspects of this project-- that is where we differ. If I were to buy any of those STUNNING 2+ carat asscher's I'd get them set in a Vintage Cartier type setting... you know with the tapered baguettes off the side... double prongs (claw prongs) ....
2.gif

dbgaap... that's FANTASTIC THOUGH. Can't wait to see you flexing your design muscles on here.
1.gif

As for the Facets... I have the pic posted below... but it's too... Solid?? for me. Too heavy under there-- all around, truth be told. I think that would be a good view for your larger halo... but mine isn't gonna be all that big... My asscher is HALF the size of yours LOL!!
20199.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...I love the Cartier reproduction designs, but they require a 4c+ stone to look awesome.
11.gif

The Precision Set halo was also (like the Facets) very "structural" and solid looking so I won''t bother to post it.

I''ll keep looking for both of us: bag/trap halo- no pave, no milgrain, no carving, etc. for both of us, but a "lighter-looking" syle for you. Got it...I think...

That Legacy style that you posted is really starting to grow on me. Can''t believe it.
31.gif

There is another knockoff of the Legacy on IceStore, but you have to buy the diamond to get the setting. Drat!!!

By the way, did Pete at Quest have any great ideas for the profile?

The search goes on....

I contacted Lockes, but they said they didn''t have a profile view of the one Valeria edited
33.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This (knife edge profile) may be the solution to your request of thin, but supportive band Gypsy.
From the top they look very light having all the constructive strength distributed vertically (gosh this sounds like i am building a bridge
14.gif
)

GypsyKnifeEdge2.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

aweome job on the photoshop!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 12:18:20 PM
Author: Pricescope
This (knife edge profile) may be the solution to your request of thin, but supportive band Gypsy.
From the top they look very light having all the constructive strength distributed vertically (gosh this sounds like i am building a bridge
14.gif
)

WOW That looks stunning (love the knife edge actually. REALLY sharp
30.gif
) what a great job with that photoshop (must look into that
34.gif
) but I must have REALLY have confused the stuffing right out of you all
33.gif
because I never expected you to hunt down that sapphire pic and do all that work by yourself (although it is just AMAZING that you did
36.gif
)... I meant to have you edit this pic here.... LOL. But hey--- that saphire looks even more amazing than it did before.

Erm... but the reason I was asking was because I was debating between straight baguettes in the band in the picture below (just one or two on either side of the halo where the rounds are) or one tapered baguette on either side of the halo where the rounds are in the shank now. I have straight baguettes I own... but I think I might prefer a tapered baguette instead. Of course, now there is a knife edge opton out there.
3.gif

Gypsy%20Perfect.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku-- oh Percision set-- not Facets! Yeah... I looked at those too, but as you already guessed they aren't dainty enough for my picky arse.
3.gif
But now that you mention it about the Cartier settings I agree it does need a more substantial rock in there to acheive that look. Hmm... which makes me of course wonder what I would do if I were lucky enough to have a 2 plus carat asscher. If I liked pave with asschers (which I do, just not for mine) I might consider a split prong pave... although !!!!! Isaku!!! I have a great idea for your halo setting. Split shank. Seriously. You don't have all the flush fit issues I do so this would work for you... Oh yeah.. Split shank with that halo... not paved. No. two thinner banks split tapering UP to the halo. If you like the only platinum look. Which I'm not sure you do.... you may want diamonds in the shank. But oh.. I love the split shank Idea. What do you think??

Date: 5/19/2006 11:02:54 AM
Author: isaku5
Gypsy...I love the Cartier reproduction designs, but they require a 4c+ stone to look awesome.
11.gif

The Precision Set halo was also (like the Facets) very 'structural' and solid looking so I won't bother to post it.

I'll keep looking for both of us: bag/trap halo- no pave, no milgrain, no carving, etc. for both of us, but a 'lighter-looking' syle for you. Got it...I think...

That Legacy style that you posted is really starting to grow on me. Can't believe it.
31.gif

There is another knockoff of the Legacy on IceStore, but you have to buy the diamond to get the setting. Drat!!!

By the way, did Pete at Quest have any great ideas for the profile?

The search goes on....

I contacted Lockes, but they said they didn't have a profile view of the one Valeria edited
33.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, here is tapered baguettes one on each sides model for this design, though my personal taste is not to mix beads or rounds into baguettes halo.

GypsyTaperedB.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...Thanks for the idea of a split shank with bag/trap halo in plat. Sounds absolutely decadent
9.gif
!!!! Do you know of a designer who does work like that and has pictures??
36.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 2:28:39 PM
Author: Pricescope
Gypsy, here is tapered baguettes one on each sides model for this design, though my personal taste is not to mix beads or rounds into baguettes halo.
Pricescope...Love the design with the tapered baguettes or the double baguettes. Is there any way you could Photoshop or whatever a suitable profile??? Those designs are gorgeous as far as I''m concerned
9.gif
. We''ll have to see whether they''re appropriate for Gypsy''s ring.
33.gif

I really admire anyone who can Photoshop a design as my creative abilities stink
14.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I LOVE that tapered baguette look. OH.. and I totally agree... no beads or rounds. I'm not having beads or rounds anywhere near my set. All baguettes and asschers and step cuts. That's it.

Oh that looks so amazing. I suppose I could do the two straights but the Tapered baguette is just stunning. OMG! THANK YOU!!!!

GOD! It's amazing *swoon* I'm in LOVE. Trap halo, tapered baguette on shanks... and from the side Legacy (with no beads, pave or millgrain) with <> asscher or non-princess square surprise diamond (wonder if blue sapphire would be cheaper and would work) and satin finish on the V. This is IT!!!

Although I may have to go with the straight baguettes on the side for cost reasons. OH GOD that taper is gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JUST got a job offer! Possibly. To start MONDAY. Making MUCH more $$!!! So I''m going to be busy for the next few hours... but will look into finding a split shank for you Isaku! I promise. OH I MAY BE EMPLYED AGAIN SOON!!!! OH YAY!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy....Go with the tapered baguettes...You''re going to be wearing this e-ring for a long time and you''ve got to love what you choose. No "settling"........OK?
3.gif

As far as the Legacy profile is concerned, you''re going to go plain rather than pave. Is that right?

With a surprise diamond or sapphire????? Fantastic!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... sent off all of the body cavity search materials they needed. Now I have to sit and wait for the news. My interviews yesterday went very well though... so even if I don't start work on Monday... I will probably be employed at the start of June!! YAY!!

PRICESCOPE!!! THANK YOU!!! I KNOW YOU'VE GONE BACK TO WORK, BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT FOR THAT!

Isaku.. split shank. This thread has some

Tawn has a ring made with a split shank from WF without Pave that was lovely.
30.gif
It's below. If those were tapered and knife edged.... OH BABY. That would look awesome with our trap halo design.

topview.JPG

Here is the split tapering look I was talking about -- Rowan's ring (hope she doesn't mind my posting it here)
30.gif

SplitShankHalo.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m late here, and maybe out of whack with what everyone is talking about, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tapered baguettes with the halo that irina recently photoshopped!!!!
3.gif

To Die For!!

widget

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...Thanks so much for those split shank ideas. I especially like the one from James Allen/ Dirt Cheap Diamonds.

Wouldn''t the double shank look very bare without the micropave, though? Baguettes wouldn''t work either, so....?
33.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 5:04:06 PM
Author: widget
I''m late here, and maybe out of whack with what everyone is talking about, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tapered baguettes with the halo that irina recently photoshopped!!!!
3.gif

To Die For!!

widget
Oh I know. I showed it to my fiance and he''s like... "now that''s a NICE ring".... HAPPY DANCE... where is that damned bannana when you need him? (although I really prefer the new imporved smileys without the banana).

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 5:06:05 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/19/2006 5:04:06 PM
Author: widget
3.gif

To Die For!!

widget
Oh I know. I showed it to my fiance and he''s like... ''now that''s a NICE ring''.... HAPPY DANCE... where is that damned bannana when you need him? (although I really prefer the new imporved smileys without the banana).
Gypsy...So glad your fiance loves the tapered baguette look too! Do you think Pete at Quest can do it for you??

widget...You are right on the money. That design that irina did for Gypsy is perfection!!!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. Now I am going to admit something. I may or may not be working with Quest on this. I''ve been talking to Mark Turnowski at ERD about the setting too... and I''ll find out on Monday what his qoute is. I''m just a freak. LOL. I got quotes from everybody (Quest is still the best in terms of service and price... but I haven''t gotten Mark''s in yet, and his service has been out of this world). EVERYBODY. Will be doing a vendor review post about this next week (that is... maybe I''m committed to working 60 hours a week right now... so, I''m not going to be here all that often AT all when I start this position).

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 6:30:38 PM
Author: Gypsy
Thank you. Now I am going to admit something. I may or may not be working with Quest on this. I''ve been talking to Mark Turnowski at ERD about the setting too... and I''ll find out on Monday what his qoute is. I''m just a freak. LOL. I got quotes from everybody (Quest is still the best in terms of service and price... but I haven''t gotten Mark''s in yet, and his service has been out of this world). EVERYBODY. Will be doing a vendor review post about this next week (that is... maybe I''m committed to working 60 hours a week right now... so, I''m not going to be here all that often AT all when I start this position).
Mark Turnowski at ERD? Is that Engagement Rings Direct or does it stand for something else???
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results