shape
carat
color
clarity

Design help? It''ll fun... I promse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A wee bit of design help, if you please.

First: Do you prefer the side view of the Daniel K or the Tiffany Legacy or Kaleighs. Keeping in mind there will be NO PAVE, MILGRAIN, OR ENGRAVING anywhere on the ring. Just smooth platinum... so I'm only taking about the lines of the side view and how the halo is attached to the shank.

(HAD TO POST THE PICS IN DIFFERENT REPLIES, please scroll down)

Second: I was wondering if anyone could, pretty please, edit this picture to put baguettes into the shank of the halo setting where there are rounds at the moment? It would be greatly appreciated.
2.gif

Gypsy Perfect.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the side view of the Daniel K. The Legacy is too ornate and fussy for me. This ring will be lovely with baguettes on the shank!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Legacy...

Gypsy Legacy Side.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel K... above was Legacy...

Gypsy danielkassch1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s Kaleigh''s (at least... I think that''s where I got this from...
33.gif
)

Kaleigh Gypsy.jpg

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 6:49:54 PM
Author: Gypsy
And here''s Kaleigh''s (at least... I think that''s where I got this from...
33.gif
)
I prefer the Tiffany profile (Kaleigh''s). Sometimes the profile of halos can look too flat, if you know what I mean. The tiffany halo, and the facets halo have very attractive profiles, to my mind.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/18/2006 6:47:35 PM
Author: lizz
I prefer the side view of the Daniel K. The Legacy is too ornate and fussy for me. This ring will be lovely with baguettes on the shank!
It looks to me that the Daniel K. is more fussier than the Legacy....

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, and i forgot..., my opinion is that the Legacy is one of the greatest designs out there...., but it will not be complete without that amazing patented cushion!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that either will be particulary ornate since I''m not doing any pave... or rounds, or well... ANYTHING to embellish the shank. I''m just talking about the lines of the ring''s structure. The way the head/ halo connects to the rest of the ring. Both should look quite plain the way I have it planned. I''m just torn between the three of these treatments of the wires connecting the band to the head.
21.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Again, i think the design of the Legacy is "CLEAN-CUT" compared to the Daniel K.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote would be for the Legacy design for your purpose (gotta have the little surprise diamond, though!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... so DiaGem and Toga and diamondseeker for the Legacy. Lizz for the Daniel K.

Regarding the legacy:
My main worry is that without the lovely surpise round right smack dab in the center of the Legacy side view... it's gonna look funny. Would have loved a surprise tiny asscher. Or baguette square. But... not in the budget. And it will keep things from fitting flush.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/18/2006 7:30:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
My vote would be for the Legacy design for your purpose (gotta have the little surprise diamond, though!)
Unfortunatly only Tiffany has exclusivity to market that "patented cut Cushion"....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, a tiny diamond won''t cost much and you can have it set as flush as possible.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2006 7:35:04 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 5/18/2006 7:30:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Unfortunatly only Tiffany has exclusivity to market that ''patented cut Cushion''....
I was talking about the tiny round on the underside of the halo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh! I thought you were referring to the cushion in the halo!!
37.gif
I had no idea that little surprise sucker is a cushion. Hmmm... lovely idea.

But honestly, I wouldn''t get a cushion even if I could-- I''m keeping all the diamonds in it step cut... baguettes, asschers... that''s pretty much it.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck, that sure does look round to me...but I think a baby ascher would be very neat there, Gypsy!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
oh sorry, i didnt understand you, you are right.... you can get a "surprise diamond for probably less than $150"

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OKAY... so for discussion's sake... a SQUARE surpise stone (not a princess)... set <> like a diamond instead of a square in the side view with the Legacy design... AND I am thinking about having the V wires of the Legacy type be satin instead of high polish for contrast.

Winner??? (now that would be a cool thing to see if someone has the software).

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/18/2006 7:41:07 PM
OKAY... so for discussion''s sake... a SQUARE surpise stone (not a princess)... set <> like a diamond instead of a square in the side view with the Legacy design... AND I am thinking about having the V wires of the Legacy type be satin instead of high polish for contrast.

Winner???
Octogonal step cut will be a winner!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahem, did you post my ring without my permission??? Just kidding, couldn''t resist, LOL!!!!
3.gif
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes... but only in an "it''s stunning and I want to copy it" way....hehehe. Immitation is the best form of flattery.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2006 7:41:07 PM
OKAY... so for discussion''s sake... a SQUARE surpise stone (not a princess)... set <> like a diamond instead of a square in the side view with the Legacy design... AND I am thinking about having the V wires of the Legacy type be satin instead of high polish for contrast.

Winner??? (now that would be a cool thing to see if someone has the software).
I''d have to see somebody make us a picture of the satin part...off hand I think I might prefer it all polished, but it''s hard to say without seeing it. The surprise stone will make it, IMO.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 6:44:12 PM
Author:Gypsy
A wee bit of design help, if you please.

First: Do you prefer the side view of the Daniel K or the Tiffany Legacy or Kaleighs. Keeping in mind there will be NO PAVE, MILGRAIN, OR ENGRAVING anywhere on the ring. Just smooth platinum... so I''m only taking about the lines of the side view and how the halo is attached to the shank.

(HAD TO POST THE PICS IN DIFFERENT REPLIES, please scroll down)

Second: I was wondering if anyone could, pretty please, edit this picture to put baguettes into the shank of the halo setting where there are rounds at the moment? It would be greatly appreciated.
2.gif
Thanks for posting the picture of this setting, Gypsy. This is the one I would like too, and all in step cuts as you stated - bag/trap etc. with baguettes along the shank instead of the pave.

Also, as you said, the side view can''t be fussy, but yet it has to be interesting....

I think it was Ana (Valeria) who Photoshopped the design in your post. Maybe...just maybe if we beg her nicely, she''ll help out with the side view too!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana is busy studying, and hasn''t been around lately. I heard she will be back soon.
2.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 8:19:40 PM
Author: kaleigh
Ana is busy studying, and hasn''t been around lately. I heard she will be back soon.
2.gif
Thanks, kaleigh. I wondered about that because I haven''t seen her post lately.

Best of luck, Ana.
35.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
)

2.gif
Gypsy, do you want baguettes along the shank or as shown on your avatar? You confused the asscher out of me...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 8:43:19 PM
Author: Pricescope

)

2.gif

Gypsy, do you want baguettes along the shank or as shown on your avatar? You confused the asscher out of me...

hehe, me too
23.gif
2.gif

if it''s going to be just metal, no pave anywhere, I prefer something like the legacy, the DK and Kaleigh''s look great with pave but would be too much metal IMO w/out it.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Daniel K. I wish Kayleigh''s was at a different angle so I could compare better, but from that angle I like hers as well. Not crazy about the lines of the legacy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 8:43:19 PM
Author: Pricescope

)

2.gif
SORRY!! Didn''t mean to confuse. Along the existing shank... perpendicular to the halo, unlike the ones in my av which are parallel to it. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

(Sorry for the delay too... dinner...errands... don''tcha hate it when life gets in the way of the boards!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results