shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Halo with Split shanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THIS IS FOR ISAKU'S RING. NOT MINE.
2.gif

So Isaku and I are planning the same (I GOT A JOB! I START MONDAY!) halo face design. But we have different sized asschers and different tastes for shank/ overall ring look. So as you've all been FANTASTICLY AMAZING (I am employed!) with helping me out I thought I'd post a thread brainstorming ideas for Isaku and her 2 carat plus monster asscher. It's baguette trap halo that can be seen on my thread here.

I has suggested a tapered split shank ( I WILL BE POSTING PICS AND THREADS FROM PS RINGS, if I use your ring pic... I hope you don't have a problem with it)...

Like this one:

SplitShankHalo.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a link to a thread that has tons of split shanks *drool* for you Isaku. Isaku doesn't want any pave or rounds (only step cuts stones-- asschers emeralds and baguettes) and I suggested an unadorned band like this.... although I think knife edging the shank would be very sharp!
topview.JPG

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS GYPSY!
emcocktl.gif
Love the ring you posted, without permission by the way, but yours is an asscher right?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new job Gypsy!!!! That''s awesome!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erm... which ring are we referring to? My ring ideas are finalized with this lovely pic

GypsyTaperedB.jpg

Date: 5/19/2006 5:00:36 PM
Author: windowshopper
CONGRATS GYPSY!
emcocktl.gif
Love the ring you posted, without permission by the way, but yours is an asscher right?

The split shanks are for Isaku.
9.gif
Possibly.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you (didn't mean to highjack... was just so excited.. I'm going to be making ALOT more a week). A LOT.

Date: 5/19/2006 5:02:32 PM
Author: kaleigh
Congratulations on the new job Gypsy!!!! That's awesome!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Here's the split shank from James Allen that Isaku likes.. I think it would look AMAZING with the baguette trap halo face and plain (no pave) shiny platinum shanks. What do you all think?

E5L.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This i don''t think i see anywhere (may be for a reason), anyway as Gypsy made this thread about split shank for isaku5 i post here though it''s for the baguettes halo i am not sure isaku5 has .

SplitByBaguettes.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Irina....lol. Bloody good reason-- that looks terrible! I didn't mean for there to be tapered baguettes in the shanks... just that the shanks themselves should taper instead of being parallel.... but Isaku likes the parrallel split shank better anyway.

She's in the process of buying a 2.26 carat asscher from GOG and has talked to Quest about a trap halo for it.

She's just not sure what she wants from the shanks so I suggest the split shank.

She (over on my thread) has said she like the parallel split shank look of the James Allen ring above. Only without pave or beads. Just plain shiny platinum (like Tawn's ring from WF I posted a little higher above).

For illustration purposes (if you would give me yet another hand-- much obliged) if you could take the halo off the sapphire ring in my AV (I think with the size of her asscher this halo looks more accurate proportionally) and place it on the shanks of the James Allen or on Tawn's shanks. That would be what I mean. THANK YOU!!! SO MUCH!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here you go, now congrats on your job opportunity Gypsy, i need to go before i loose my
39.gif

MonsterKkitty.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That looks amazing! THANK YOU Irina! Yeah... JOB First PS later... MUCH APPRECIATED!

ISAKU... I personally think this looks STUNNING. With plain platinum shanks it's going to be a masterpiece. What do you think??? Do you like it??? Where is you???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is a thread with a few split shanks here

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 6:13:36 PM
Author: Pricescope
Here you go, now congrats on your job opportunity Gypsy, i need to go before i loose my
39.gif
Thanks, irina. That''s very kind of you to help me out.
1.gif

Gypsy had suggested the split shank idea because the asscher will be set with a baguette and trap halo very much like hers, but the asscher is 2.26c (about 7 x 7mm) + halo (2-3 mm) and she thought it would look great in a split shank setting. Most of the split shank settings I''ve seen have micro pave on the shank which i really don''t like. I would like to keep the consistency of step cuts and not mix in pave.

Do I really need a split shank for a ring that size, or could I get away with a double baguette halo shank such as the other one irina designed for Gypsy? I''ll try to attach a picture.

I should add that the ring is for my size 8 finger on my right hand.

Your input is very welcome.
35.gif

double baguette design( PS).jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku so you want THIS SETTING but with Baguettes in both shanks??? That would mean each shank would be 2 mm in width. Yeah, that might work. It would certainly be a stunning custom piece. I have to say. Very cool.

MonsterKkitty.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 7:01:45 PM
Author: Gypsy
Isaku so you want THIS SETTING but with Baguettes in both shanks??? That would mean each shank would be 2 mm in width. Yeah, that might work. It would certainly be a stunning custom piece. I have to say. Very cool.

MonsterKkitty.jpg
Thanks, Gypsy for being so helpful.

I guess I''m not making myself clear.

I''m wondering if the single shank with double baguettes on each side as designed by irina would be a good look for the 2+c asscher.

I think the split shanks ring above with baguettes might be overkill and leaving the shanks plain would look "dull".

Comments welcome!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH! Nevermind. No I think the baguettes would look great... even if you did them all around like the one on the right here (only with the shank starting a the halo... like shoulders). But if you look here... the knife edge looks lovely IMO... do you think that it''s too plain here too? Cause that''s what I was suggesting for the split shank. Knife edge shanks.
GypsyKnifeEdge2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this for a setting idea Isaku

ISAKU setting.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love the idea of the split shank, halo ring with baguettes down the split shank.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 8:37:53 PM
That is absolutely scrumptious. Gypsy.
30.gif

Whose design is it, do you know?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Knife edge split shanks on the James Allen would certainly look better than plain semi-round shanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 9:45:48 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 5/19/2006 8:37:53 PM
That is absolutely scrumptious. Gypsy.
30.gif

Whose design is it, do you know?

Um. Nope.

It was in an old folder of mine-- pic date is from 2 years ago on my hardrive.... but I was looking for another picture (that I couldn''t find) and saw that one and thought of you. Looked perfect for you... and honestly, while I think that the halo with the less baguettes would look best with my stone size... yours could carry off that lovely look with the extra baguettes. And I''m fairly positive that Quest could make you something similar to it... feel free to email them the pic. I don''t own... just grabbed it when I saw it. I''m sneaky that way. LOL.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. I don't want to influence you.. .but I will give you my personal opinion... take it with a grain of salt considering our different tastes, though.

I think the split shank with knife edge with that halo would be VERY striking and extremely old meets new... a bit modern and sleek with the deco setting. Very cutting edge (no pun intended). I think that it would also look good with baguettes in the double shanks too... as long as the shanks were kept to 2mm each. It would be blingly-- but less so than you'd think-- these are all step cuts, after all. Very Art Deco look to this idea. And I also like the one I posted above with the canary diamond in it. This is a substantial-- take no prisoners setting. It kicks serious arse. With the first two... I'd stick to 8 traps in the halo. But with the canary diamond-- I'd take the number of baguettes in there as it is... it's just a powerful ring.

If I had to choose one? I would do for the knife edge with the split shank... BUT if I saw any of those three on someone's finger... I have to say I'd be in love. They are all just great designs.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...That''s what I want, opinions.

I''m not sure what you mean when you say 8??? traps in the halo??? Looks like only 4 in each design...
33.gif

Right now my preferences are, in order:

1. canary syle
30.gif

2. split shanks with baguettes on shanks

3. split shanks with knife edge

4. single shank with 2 straight baguettes on each side

The actual dimensions of the 2.26 diamond are 7.40 x 7.37mm. The halo would add 2 -3 mm?? all around. That''s gonna be one big mama!!!
36.gif

I have to chuckle when I type the words "split shanks". It sounds like a medical condition.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are 12 diamonds in the canary halo (which will be the most expensive setting of the three, I think. Unless you get baguettes all around the shanks of the split shanks in a full eternity style. Which I wouldn''t recommend doing anyway).

There are eight in the in other halos.

Both diamond counts are not counting the center diamond.

Split shanks....Sounds like a PAINFUL medical condition...lol.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 10:41:09 PM
Author: Pricescope
I reeeeally like MM
Me too, Yummo!!!
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 10:24:38 PM
There are 12 diamonds in the canary halo (which will be the most expensive setting of the three, I think. Unless you get baguettes all around the shanks of the split shanks in a full eternity style. Which I wouldn''t recommend doing anyway).

Boy, I''d better go for a vision test post haste. I enlarged the "canary photo" and I see 8 traps and either 8 long bags or 16 shorter bags on thr halo portion itself plus 2 traps or bags on either side of the halo plus 1 staight bag on each side of the shank. YIKES!!!

If I went with the split shanks(ouch), I definitely would not put the bags all the way around.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah... me too!
25.gif
Isn't Mark Morrell pricey like Leon though? That's all I know him-- erm... is he an 'artiste' too?
33.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I reeeeally like MM

ETA: sorry Gypsy, I've had to re-position the head, it was an insult to perspective.
I can't remember one single ring MM made i don't like.

ILikeMM.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 10:43:43 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 5/19/2006 10:24:38 PM

Boy, I''d better go for a vision test post haste. I enlarged the ''canary photo'' and I see 8 traps and either 8 long bags or 16 shorter bags on thr halo portion itself plus 2 traps or bags on either side of the halo plus 1 staight bag on each side of the shank. YIKES!!!

If I went with the split shanks(ouch), I definitely would not put the bags all the way around.

Oh this is hilarious. I see:

1 trap on either side of the halo.
1 straight baguette set in the shank below that trap on either side.
12 trap/ baguettes in the halo itself.
1 canary diamond.

18.gif
I''ve had 1/2 a bottle of wine... but I just counted 4 times in a row... so... erm... how much have you had to drink, honey??? LMAO.

CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP US WITH THE DIAMOND COUNTS???

ROFLMAO

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the rings posted!!!
30.gif
Thank you Gypsy and Isaku for this thread and all it''s delicious eye-candy, lol! Makes me want an asscher for pete''s sake.
9.gif

Gypsy, CONGRATS on your new job! I''m really happy for you--the tone of your posts makes me smile because you seem so ecstatic!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah... I was dancing around and bouncing about... I HATE not making money.

Well, OKAY.. to be honest... I hate not spending money. And if I''m not making... spending large amounts of it isn''t going to happen. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results