shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Deals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 9:02:02 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 6/30/2009 11:58:39 PM
Author: Kelli

Date: 6/30/2009 11:56:18 PM
Author: ckrickett

I actually adore pearl rings (a black tahitian with diamond accents is on my wishlist) but I dunno I don''t realy like the ring up on the daily deal..plus even tho they are small diamonds I still cant get over that they are I1s
face7.gif
That would bug me too!
If you do find a design you like, and it has poor diamonds, you can always get them replaced - I had that done on a ring fairly recently. The diamonds were small enought that it didn''t cost too much.
Good point:) I''ll keep that in mind in case I see one I really like.

By the way I got my freshadama bracelet and earrings and I LOVE them! I took some pics but my computer is currently being difficult so I can''t post them. When I can, I''ll do a seperate thread, as I realize they weren''t a daily deal.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see them, Kelli!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So I got my pink pearls from the Deal of the Day. 8-8.5 mm. So when it came in I had a couple problems. First, it was closer to pink/lavendar, and did not match the pink/peach studs I have from PP. But it''s still very lovely. Also it came with a YG clasp instead of the WG I specified. I thought about exchanging them, esp since I wasn''t sure how well the shade flattered my skin (normally warmer colors look better on me) but after a couple days, I decided to keep them. They are lovely, a great size, and I hate the hassle of returning/exchanging. Plus it''s good to have a diverse collection
1.gif
I''ll hopefully be posting pics this weekend

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I just got my multi-color 8.5mm freshwaters. They''re pretty nice - mostly round, but you can tell some aren''t, especially if you roll them. The luster is great, especially on the lavendar pearls, which are quite metallic. There is some blemishing, so these AAAs won''t compare to Freshadamas, I''m sure, but for the price, I''m pretty pleased. DH has my camera in Thailand until Sunday, so I''ll try to post pics then. I know other PSers got this deal too, so maybe they''ll post also.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
I received my tahitian studs. They weren''t the overtone I requested, but I still love them! They''re quite beautiful and go really well with my necklace.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 3:01:56 PM
I just got my multi-color 8.5mm freshwaters. They''re pretty nice - mostly round, but you can tell some aren''t, especially if you roll them. The luster is great, especially on the lavendar pearls, which are quite metallic. There is some blemishing, so these AAAs won''t compare to Freshadamas, I''m sure, but for the price, I''m pretty pleased. DH has my camera in Thailand until Sunday, so I''ll try to post pics then. I know other PSers got this deal too, so maybe they''ll post also.
I am so jealous! I am on the East Coast and did not get mine today, which means the earliest will be Monday, as tomorrow I am off and Saturday no mail
7.gif
I am glad to hear that you are pleased. Waiting patiently . .

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 3:52:34 PM
Author: metromom
I am so jealous! I am on the East Coast and did not get mine today, which means the earliest will be Monday, as tomorrow I am off and Saturday no mail
7.gif
Really? I''m on the East Coast as well - Virginia. Sorry you didn''t get yours today, wonder what happened?
33.gif

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 4:13:14 PM

Date: 7/2/2009 3:52:34 PM
7.gif
Really? I''m on the East Coast as well - Virginia. Sorry you didn''t get yours today, wonder what happened?
33.gif
False alarm!!! The mail was just delivered late. The necklace is here, and actually, I LOVE it. You are right cellentani, the silver ones are almost metallic. Not perfectly round and not perfectly matched, but for the price, I am really really pleased as well. It takes on the color of what you are wearing. I have a grey shirt on today and they took on a more silverish tone with me, and my coworker, who has on pink today, really made the peachy/pink ones stand out. No camera at work, but I will take pics at home tonight and post. Not bad for $135, can''t even get a good costume jewelry piece for that.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 5:30:23 PM
Author: brightlight
Date: 6/29/2009 5:06:52 PM

Author: glitterata

Date: 6/29/2009 4:09:45 PM

Oh, that's odd that they haven't shipped yet. On the top of the page, they say that it will take an extra day or two to ship but not 10! I hope they didn't forget about you.
33.gif

Yup, they forgot about me. I just got an email saying they had a record of the order being placed but not of it being processed. They said they would process it now and ship my order today. I'm glad I asked! Thanks for the help.

Wow, I hope they send you the best grey pearls they have in stock ... and upgrade you to overnight shipping.

Well, my Spring Blowout sale 7.5 mm AAA pearls and stud earrings finally arrived, and it was NOT worth the looooong wait. I'm quite disappointed. They don't match, they don't shine, they don't even look like pearls--more like flat gray beads. They're reasonably round, I guess, and most of them don't have very many blemishes, but that's the best I can say about them. Some of them are noticeably lighter than others--it really stands out.
14.gif

I probably will keep them because my husband likes them, they were pretty cheap, and I don't want the hassle of returning them or paying the restocking fee. But I definitely will not be shopping at The Pearl Outlet again.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My TPO gray pearls don''t match in color:

pearlmismatch1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Some are peeling:

peelingpearl1.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Here is The Pearl Outlet Daily Deal 7.5-8.5 multicolor AAA strand:

mpearl1.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
another

mpearl2.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
and another

mpearl3.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
and a neck shot to finish it off

mpearl4.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 7:20:08 PM
Some are peeling:
Oh no, Glitterata. I'm going to have to insist that you call them and ask for an exchange or a refund. You purchased AAA pearls, and those are not AAA pearls! Unfortunately, I too have been disappointed by their quality at times, but nothing like this! There's just no excuse for the pearls that are peeling. It amazes me how some people have fantastic experiences with TPO, but then there are also experiences like yours and a few of mine.
38.gif

ETA: Ask them to ship your replacement pearls overnight too. I can't believe they would try to pass those off as AAA pearls. They had to have sent you the wrong pearls.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 10:06:20 PM

Some are peeling:
Oh no, Glitterata. I''m going to have to insist that you call them and ask for an exchange or a refund. You purchased AAA pearls, and those are not AAA pearls! Unfortunately, I too have been disappointed by their quality at times, but nothing like this! There''s just no excuse for the pearls that are peeling. It amazes me how some people have fantastic experiences with TPO, but then there are also experiences like yours and a few of mine.
38.gif

ETA: Ask them to ship your replacement pearls overnight too. I can''t believe they would try to pass those off as AAA pearls. They had to have sent you the wrong pearls.
Ditto, ditto, ditto!! And send them an email with the pics - they can''t talk their way out of those!
38.gif
I''m so sorry this happened to you - please keep us posted, glitterata.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
metromom - I''m so glad you posted pics! They look lovely on you, and that second pic you posted is my favorite! Is it just me, or are some of the white pearls just a wee bit bigger? It might just be the pic, but after reading glitterata''s post, I suppose anything''s possible - I''m going to go check mine....

Are you happy with the pearls? Yours look like they have great luster!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, brightlight & cellantani. I emailed them expressing my disappointment & I sent photos. I''ll see what they say.

Looking at those photos of Metromom''s necklace, it does look as if the white pearls are bigger than the others.

Are they just using the specials to dump their sub-par inventory? If so, they really shouldn''t advertise them as high quality. It seems like bad publicity, if nothing else. You''d think they would want to earn a new customer''s goodwill--sending me mismatched, peeling pearls after completely blowing off my order will not make me into a return customer who recommends them!

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 1:06:54 AM
Thanks, brightlight & cellantani. I emailed them expressing my disappointment & I sent photos. I''ll see what they say.

Looking at those photos of Metromom''s necklace, it does look as if the white pearls are bigger than the others.

Are they just using the specials to dump their sub-par inventory? If so, they really shouldn''t advertise them as high quality. It seems like bad publicity, if nothing else. You''d think they would want to earn a new customer''s goodwill--sending me mismatched, peeling pearls after completely blowing off my order will not make me into a return customer who recommends them!
Glitterata - I would call as soon as you can this morning and ask to speak to a manager. Those pearls are clearly not AAA. I agree that they should not be sending out bad quality pearl as a first impression, why would anyone ever want to come back?

As for mine, YES, the white pearls are bigger than the others. And there are a few visable blemishes on a few of the pearls near the clasp. But other than that, the lustre really is amazing, and the strand as a whole is beautiful. Are they AAAs as advertised - I haven''t counted the flaws, but yes they probably fall within 95% good. They are definitely round and at arms length they are near perfect. My husband saw them on me last night and commented that they were really pretty and asked how many hundreds of dollars I spent on those
31.gif

So at this point, I will wear them a few more days and make sure I love them.

Glitterata, let us know what happens today.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think they may be closed for the Fourth of July weekend. They haven''t answered my emails, and when I called I couldn''t reach a human being.

I''ll try again on Monday.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some are peeling:
HI:

Ohhh, that is more than a little shocking....hope you get a positive resolution, b/c those pearls are not acceptable as advertized/graded....

cheers--Sharon

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 7:44:41 AM

Glitterata - I would call as soon as you can this morning and ask to speak to a manager. Those pearls are clearly not AAA. I agree that they should not be sending out bad quality pearl as a first impression, why would anyone ever want to come back?

As for mine, YES, the white pearls are bigger than the others. And there are a few visable blemishes on a few of the pearls near the clasp. But other than that, the lustre really is amazing, and the strand as a whole is beautiful. Are they AAAs as advertised - I haven''t counted the flaws, but yes they probably fall within 95% good. They are definitely round and at arms length they are near perfect. My husband saw them on me last night and commented that they were really pretty and asked how many hundreds of dollars I spent on those
31.gif

I received my multicolor strand as well yesterday and like the others, the white pearls are a bit larger than most of the others. I went back and looked at the ad and it did say the pearls were 7.5mm to 8.5mm so they do fall in the range that was advertised.

I don''t mind the size difference. And I love the color and luster. All in all, for the $135 I paid for them, I am pleased. Had I paid full price, I would be hesitant to keep them but for the value, I will get a lot of wear out of them. In some ways, the mismatched size makes them more casual and since I dress that way more often than not, I will wear them a lot.

Glitterata, I do agree with the others that you need to exchange or return the grays. Regardless of the price, those are not a quality that should have been shipped out the door. Let us know how it goes.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glitterata -

I''m sorry to hear that you also had a bad experience with the TPO gray pearls. I returned my necklace and earrings as I said in a previous e-mail. I''m not sure mine were quite as bad, but maybe I just didn''t look that closely. The lustre is what killed it for me. I thought they looked like gunmetal, which was not what I wanted. They did make me feel better about my gray akoyas I got on eBay several years ago. They aren''t perfectly round and aren''t AAA, but they''re a nice silvery gray and were way better than what the Pearl Outlet sent. I don''t think I''d buy from them again either. TPO seems like such a crap shoot on quality.R>

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Rainwood, I should have listened to you! I read about your unsatisfactory experience, but I decided to risk it. Silly me!

I wonder whether the larger ones are nicer. Skippy seems happy with the 8.5 mms that she got for her mother.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 5:41:02 PM
Rainwood, I should have listened to you! I read about your unsatisfactory experience, but I decided to risk it. Silly me!

I wonder whether the larger ones are nicer. Skippy seems happy with the 8.5 mms that she got for her mother.
I'm so upset for you.
29.gif
First, they forget about you. Then, they send you those pearls. That's just not right. I seriously hope they don't have the nerve to ask you to pay the re-stocking fee.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 3:52:52 PM
Author: jmtomaui

Date: 7/3/2009 7:44:41 AM

31.gif

I received my multicolor strand as well yesterday and like the others, the white pearls are a bit larger than most of the others. I went back and looked at the ad and it did say the pearls were 7.5mm to 8.5mm so they do fall in the range that was advertised.

I don''t mind the size difference. And I love the color and luster. All in all, for the $135 I paid for them, I am pleased. Had I paid full price, I would be hesitant to keep them but for the value, I will get a lot of wear out of them. In some ways, the mismatched size makes them more casual and since I dress that way more often than not, I will wear them a lot.

Glitterata, I do agree with the others that you need to exchange or return the grays. Regardless of the price, those are not a quality that should have been shipped out the door. Let us know how it goes.
I think the 7.5-8.5 mm size range refers to the gradual increase in size from the back to front. The pearls that are next to each other should be approximately the same size regardless of color and should flow with the increase in size throughout the whole necklace. I think that falls into the matching category of grading. I read that the difficulty of multicolored pearl necklace is the optical illusion of same sized pearls of different colors looking different sizes. However, b/c both your necklace and metromom''s necklace have white pearls that are slightly larger, I''m wondering if they did this on purpose.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 6:16:25 PM

I think the 7.5-8.5 mm size range refers to the gradual increase in size from the back to front. The pearls that are next to each other should be approximately the same size regardless of color and should flow with the increase in size throughout the whole necklace. I think that falls into the matching category of grading. I read that the difficulty of multicolored pearl necklace is the optical illusion of same sized pearls of different colors looking different sizes. However, b/c both your necklace and metromom''s necklace have white pearls that are slightly larger, I''m wondering if they did this on purpose.
Ditto about the graduated sizes.

I took another look at mine, and some of my white pearls are also a tad larger, but I really had to look hard. For example, an 8.3mm white pearl is flanked by a 7.89mm and a 7.93mm (I got out my digital calipers for this one
41.gif
). Another curious thing is that the largest pearls should be at the bottom of the necklace, opposite the clasp, but on mine, the bottom 2 pearls are 7.9mm. I also assumed that a muliti-color would have a repeating pattern of colors, but mine isn''t - I''ve got 2 lavenders next to each other, and even the whites aren''t spaced evenly around. I don''t suppose you''d notice this when wearing the strand, and like jmtomaui said, it all just makes a more casual necklace. I can''t say I won''t every buy from TPO again, but I will certainly be very careful in choosing pieces in the future. You know, I wish they''d have made this into a tin cup necklace - those inconsistancies wouldn''t even be noticeable on a style like that.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I agree about the graduated strands but aren''t those then generally adertised as such - graduated? I was just trying to find some reasoning for what we all received.

I never thought about the "illusion" of the white being larger but that is probably true and the differences I''m seeing aren''t as great as they appear. I''m glad that the digital calipers were pulled out to tell us we aren''t all crazy but that some of it may be a mind thing as well?? Is there a "mind view" in pearls similar to "mind clean" in diamonds??
41.gif

Who knows, if it begins to bother me, maybe I''ll cut it apart and look for a better design pattern to restring them? Or, turn it into several tin cups to give as gifts to the sisters...

I''m in the same camp to not say that I will never shop TPO again. I will - especially some unstrung strands. For casual pieces that I don''t need to spend a lot of money on. (And keep the items that are not as badly received as glitter''s were). But for anything else, I would look to Pearl Paradise Freshdama or something similar.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 8:38:26 PM

Date: 7/3/2009 6:16:25 PM

Ditto about the graduated sizes.

I took another look at mine, and some of my white pearls are also a tad larger, but I really had to look hard. For example, an 8.3mm white pearl is flanked by a 7.89mm and a 7.93mm (I got out my digital calipers for this one
41.gif
). Another curious thing is that the largest pearls should be at the bottom of the necklace, opposite the clasp, but on mine, the bottom 2 pearls are 7.9mm. I also assumed that a muliti-color would have a repeating pattern of colors, but mine isn''t - I''ve got 2 lavenders next to each other, and even the whites aren''t spaced evenly around. I don''t suppose you''d notice this when wearing the strand, and like jmtomaui said, it all just makes a more casual necklace. I can''t say I won''t every buy from TPO again, but I will certainly be very careful in choosing pieces in the future. You know, I wish they''d have made this into a tin cup necklace - those inconsistancies wouldn''t even be noticeable on a style like that.
You lucky duck! I so want one. I love gadgets!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results