shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Deals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 9:03:38 PM
Author: elle_chris
It says '' A 12% restocking fee will be added to all sale items'' on their page.. so not sure? I didn''t get charged for shipping though.

I got them today!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color. BUT (and there always seems to be a but with me
8.gif
) they were supposed to be 8.5mm, but as soon as I opened the box, i thought they looked much smaller. I compared them to my other strand of 8-8.5mm and yep, this one has smaller pearls. I''m a bit annoyed at this. Going to call them on Monday, maybe they sent me the wrong strand..
I think for each size, there''s technically a size range the pearl can be in and still qualify for the measurement. So, for an 8 mm pearl, it can be 7.6-8.4 and a similar range for an 8.5 mm pearl. Theoretically, I think your necklace could actually be 7.6-8.1.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 9:55:49 AM
Author: brightlight
Date: 7/26/2009 9:43:46 AM

Author: ckrickett

those look so round!

I actually love that overtone!!!

earshots when you get a chance.... I know we are asking so much of you!

5.gif
I know ... I was pleasantly surprised by the overtone too! I''m going to be so embarrassed to see my ear on the internet. I blushed when I saw my hand. I know, I''m silly. If you don''t mind the low quality of the pictures, maybe I''ll post pictures of some of my other pearls that I have easy access to. I have a graduated akoya strand that has felt lonely and might appreciate some oohs and aahs.
36.gif

You post as many pictures as your little heart desires!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 11:39:14 AM

It says '' A 12% restocking fee will be added to all sale items'' on their page.. so not sure? I didn''t get charged for shipping though.

I got them today!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color. BUT (and there always seems to be a but with me
8.gif
) they were supposed to be 8.5mm, but as soon as I opened the box, i thought they looked much smaller. I compared them to my other strand of 8-8.5mm and yep, this one has smaller pearls. I''m a bit annoyed at this. Going to call them on Monday, maybe they sent me the wrong strand..
I think for each size, there''s technically a size range the pearl can be in and still qualify for the measurement. So, for an 8 mm pearl, it can be 7.6-8.4 and a similar range for an 8.5 mm pearl. Theoretically, I think your necklace could actually be 7.6-8.1.
It''s too bad the pricing doesn''t reflect it though.

They had the same strand as one of their daily specials except it was in the 7.0-7.5 range and cost less than half. So if you''re paying for 8.5mm pearls, i guess i''d expect them to be closer to the 8.5 range.

I will say that all of this is teaching me quite a bit about buying pearls unseen. Now I know to ask about color and size!
1.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 8:25:12 AM

Date: 7/26/2009 11:39:14 AM

It says ' A 12% restocking fee will be added to all sale items' on their page.. so not sure? I didn't get charged for shipping though.

8.gif
) they were supposed to be 8.5mm, but as soon as I opened the box, i thought they looked much smaller. I compared them to my other strand of 8-8.5mm and yep, this one has smaller pearls. I'm a bit annoyed at this. Going to call them on Monday, maybe they sent me the wrong strand..
I think for each size, there's technically a size range the pearl can be in and still qualify for the measurement. So, for an 8 mm pearl, it can be 7.6-8.4 and a similar range for an 8.5 mm pearl. Theoretically, I think your necklace could actually be 7.6-8.1.
It's too bad the pricing doesn't reflect it though.

They had the same strand as one of their daily specials except it was in the 7.0-7.5 range and cost less than half. So if you're paying for 8.5mm pearls, i guess i'd expect them to be closer to the 8.5 range.

I will say that all of this is teaching me quite a bit about buying pearls unseen. Now I know to ask about color and size!
1.gif
They waive the restocking fee for exchanges, so it couldn't hurt to see if they have a larger strand. I understand it's a hassle though. I noticed their Friday gem multicolor necklace was larger than the one they had on the sales page but was also several hundred dollars less expensive. I'm wondering if the ones on the sales page are more expensive b/c of the cost for the appraisal or b/c they're extra special multicolors like exotic colors.

ETA: Is it possible that your comparison 8-8.5 mm strand is on the large end of the range? How do the largest chocolate pearls compare to the smallest pearls on your comparison strand?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''d call and ask them why such a price difference between the two strands. That is if you''re interested in getting one.

The largerst pearl on the multicolor strand is about the same size as the smallest pearl on my akoya strand. So yeah, there''s smaller than 8.5mm. I''m returning them in the morning.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Mail carrier came with my silver tahitian earrings, but I missed him.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 8:56:36 PM
Author: jmtomaui
Kelli, I thought of you when I saw the tin cup necklace. That would be a great way for you to wear pearls to work in your workout clothes! Especially for the price. This one tempted me more than anything else as I do want one and the price was reasonable but...

szh, when I saw the tahitans on sale, I wondered if you would consider buying one?

Elle, I loved the brown strand. I had purchased some pretty ones off of eBay and tied them myself. I''m sure the TPO ones are much nicer but since I would not wear the brown as often as I would like, the less expensive ones I have are good enough for now. We need to buy DH a new car and are saving pennies so I told myself I had to so love what I saw so much that I could not live without it before I would spend money at this month''s sale.

Summertime, that was a gorgeous strand! I can''t wait to hear about them when you get them and see the pics!

Thanks jmtomaui. For some reason though, the tin cup necklaces don''t appeal to me as much. Right now I''m thinking about buying a necklace from Pearl lunar on ebay. I''ve read that other pricescopers have been happy with the pearls they use, and they have some really interesting strands for pretty cheap. I figured a smallish, full rice shape necklace would be pretty, but informal enough to wear whenever. I totally get needing to save your pennies. I need to buy ME a car and still would rather buy pretty jewelry instead:)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody know when Pearl Paradise will post the August deal???!!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Kelli, I''ve purchased some beautiful strands from Pearlluna to string for myself and they are very pretty! I will say one thing though - she is so good with taking her photos with the closeups that you kind of fool yourself into thinking that is how large a 7mm (for examle) pearl really is. When you get them, you may have an "oh no, they are so small" moment. At least I have...

But I have measured everything and the size is exactly true to what was listed in the desciption. So I guess I''m saying, don''t buy according to what you see with your eyes but with what your mind knows a 7mm pearl will actually be. Does that make sense??

You will like whatever you choose from her. And of course, pics are mandatory!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the warning on size! I had actually been thinking of that too, because I''m looking at my 7-8 freshadama bracelet and thinking about what the new ones would look like. I keep finding that the necklaces I like come with a plated gold clasp, which doesn''t work on my skin. I''d also just rather have white gold. I emailed about that tonight and hope to hear back soon. I''m LOVE LOVE LOVING the full rice shaped strands. They''re so plump they look almost round, but they''re just different enough that they''re calling out to me! I can''t decide on color either!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Kelli, I''d love to see the strand you are looking at. I know we can''t post links but if you give me the description title, I''ve got her marked as one of my favorite sellers.

I know we have kind of talked about this before but where do you live? Are there any bead shops in the area? I have seen many shops that will restring for you while you wait. And I know the ones I go to have 14k yellow gold clasps but I''ve never asked about white gold. I assume that they do have them.

I would be surprised if Pearlluna would not change the clasp for you. For a price of course. But I think they use gold plated to reach a broader audience.

I''m anxious to see them.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I live in a town about an hour north of Tampa. There is a bead shop that I want to check out, but really haven''t had the time yet. I probably will be able to go this week though. I got an answer from pearllunar and they said it would add $32 dollars to the price to change to solid white gold. That doesn''t sound too bad to me I guess. The description title is MESMERIZING!AAA silver-white pinkish 9mm pearl necklace. There are also a few similar to this, but smaller and in different colors that I''m looking at as well. I''m wondering if I should bother with the white ones, knowing that I will want some round white ones eventually anyway. But this shape really appeals to me for some reason!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I looked at those through szh''s link and the strand is beautiful! I think you should go for it! And the price difference is reasonable. Clasps, if purchased retail, would run about that. Wholesale for Pearlluna would obviously be less but they will want a profit of course...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
So you think I should get the white ones? There are also some gold-pinkish ones and some multicolor metallic looking ones that I like too. But the white ones are the biggest!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
What color is your bracelet again?

I think I would go with the white to start. And add the other colors as you go along... Because we always need more reasons for more pearls!
17.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My bracelet is white, but they''re freshadmams and I''ll eventually want a matching freshadama necklace. That''s why I was thinking for a fun rice strand maybe I should go colorful:)

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
That''s right Kelli - you went for the Freshdama bracelet. I think, given the fact you want a Freshdama strand, you should go for one of the fun colors. When you get the Freshdama, and want to wear white, I think you would reach for that over the rice strand. Even though the rice strand is different enough, it is still white.

Since you wear sweats and dance clothes most days, would you wear the rice strand to work? Do you think it could be casual enought?
Going with different color would give you more options after the Freshdama has been purchased.

It is a hard choice but the nice thing with Pearllunar, the prices are reasonable enough that if you did not wear the rice pearls as often, they were still a good value and the "price per wearing" is a lot less.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, thanks for the info.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 1:20:53 AM
Author: marcyc
Ooh, thanks for the info.
Careful Marcy, these little round bits of nature are as addicting as diamonds. Or should I say "too bad Marty, you started this with the lovely pearls you brought back from your travels"???
17.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 4:17:21 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 8/6/2009 2:51:26 PM

Author: Skippy123

I love the baroque akoya tin cup w/earrings daily special. i didn''t buy them but they look boooooooooooootiful
30.gif
30.gif

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/Daily_Deal.htm

I do tooooo!!!! I hope someone on here has bought them and posts pics!!
Me tooo!!! I was seriously on the verge of just getting the earrings today and had to use massive amounts of self restraint not to.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 9:52:24 PM
Author: jmtomaui
That''s right Kelli - you went for the Freshdama bracelet. I think, given the fact you want a Freshdama strand, you should go for one of the fun colors. When you get the Freshdama, and want to wear white, I think you would reach for that over the rice strand. Even though the rice strand is different enough, it is still white.

Since you wear sweats and dance clothes most days, would you wear the rice strand to work? Do you think it could be casual enought?

Going with different color would give you more options after the Freshdama has been purchased.

It is a hard choice but the nice thing with Pearllunar, the prices are reasonable enough that if you did not wear the rice pearls as often, they were still a good value and the ''price per wearing'' is a lot less.
Thanks again jmtomaui! I put an offer an a multicolor strand and they accepted it so I''ll post pictures when they arrive!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 2:41:29 PM
Can I just say that I am not happy with the mail man? I FINALLY got the above mentioned earrings. He attempted to deliver them once and never came back. I had to call and fax a letter to the post office.
20.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 4:03:13 PM

Can I just say that I am not happy with the mail man? I FINALLY got the above mentioned earrings. He attempted to deliver them once and never came back. I had to call and fax a letter to the post office.
20.gif
23.gif
BL.... I am glad you got them! What do you think of them? ...and as far as the post office goes, I have had a nightmare of a year with them. I am still haunted by it to this very day!!
29.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 4:59:04 PM

20.gif
23.gif
BL.... I am glad you got them! What do you think of them? ...and as far as the post office goes, I have had a nightmare of a year with them. I am still haunted by it to this very day!!
29.gif
I haven''t opened the box yet
6.gif
, but I''ll let you know when I do.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:42:30 PM

20.gif
23.gif
29.gif
6.gif
Is there a reason that you are waiting! For heaven''s sake...open the box!!!!
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

I caved and bought the 100" freshwater necklace this week. Will report back when it arrives.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 11:41:59 PM
Author: Gailey

I caved and bought the 100'' freshwater necklace this week. Will report back when it arrives.

36.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 10:02:45 PM

Date: 8/14/2009 8:42:30 PM

20.gif
23.gif
29.gif
6.gif
Is there a reason that you are waiting! For heaven''s sake...open the box!!!!
9.gif
I''m trying to torture you with the suspense.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results