shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:21:07 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I need to think about getting some of these for my cheaper stones...
Hi Freke!

I''ve sent some of my stones to Maddy and she''s done a wonderful job of setting them into simple SS stackers for me. She''s set an heirloom diamond, too. I trust her completely!

Once again, I have no photos to show, but will do so as soon as I learn how!
21.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:16:50 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Lori, thanks so much for posting those pics of Maddy''s rock for love rings! I''m having her do something similar for my opal so it''s nice to see more pics!
AHA, I thought that might be you BEG!!!! I hope you''ll post photos for us!!!!

Lori

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:26:31 AM
Author: loriken214
Date: 2/16/2009 9:16:50 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Lori, thanks so much for posting those pics of Maddy''s rock for love rings! I''m having her do something similar for my opal so it''s nice to see more pics!

AHA, I thought that might be you BEG!!!! I hope you''ll post photos for us!!!!

Lori

Yup that is me! Maddy said it''ll be about 3 weeks though - but when I get it, I''ll definitely post pics!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I will Lori, BTW you PSers would love the studio where I''m taking it. Not only can you create ANYTHING you want to as long as it''s in sterling. But he also have a catalog from one of those casting companies that we have access to at super cheap prices( because our teacher is a jeweler). Might need it for some future stuff. And he has tons of gemstones! Three drawers full. Last night I kept taking breaks to check them all out. He has a few rosecuts and sugar loafs and other unusual things.
Sorry for the threadjack!! :)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:59:10 AM
Author: innerkitten
I will Lori, BTW you PSers would love the studio where I''m taking it. Not only can you create ANYTHING you want to as long as it''s in sterling. But he also have a catalog from one of those casting companies that we have access to at super cheap prices( because our teacher is a jeweler). Might need it for some future stuff. And he has tons of gemstones! Three drawers full. Last night I kept taking breaks to check them all out. He has a few rosecuts and sugar loafs and other unusual things.

Sounds exciting. Are you making jewelry?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to chime in and offer some sizing advice for Maddy''s stuff.

If any of you are ordering a single ring instead of a whole stacker set I would definitely go for your regular ring size. I got a size 7 from her and its a tad big on my mother''s hand.

I''ll repost the link to the thread for my mother''s ring for anyone who is new to the OneGarnetGirl/etsy stacking ring club!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-tourmaline-ring-pics-included.103160/

My mother wears it all the time with her anniversary bands!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek, I saw the pics of your mothers ring. It''s beautiful!!!

Firecracker, I have almost finished my first plain band and next I''ll be doing a bezel set stone. It has to be a cab for my first project though ( the teacher said so).

BTW, where did you get that lovely sapphire in your avitar? Amazing color.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:02:51 PM
Clairitek, I saw the pics of your mothers ring. It''s beautiful!!!

Firecracker, I have almost finished my first plain band and next I''ll be doing a bezel set stone. It has to be a cab for my first project though ( the teacher said so).

BTW, where did you get that lovely sapphire in your avitar? Amazing color.

Cool, my BF is encouraging me to try to make jewelry, I am not sure how I would do with that. I am still more than happy to let other people make jewelry. Maybe when I finish residency.

That is my first colored stone purchase and I wear it as a RHR almost every day. I got it locally here in San Diego, after 4 months of looking.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Are there photos of the ring here on PS?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Yes there are. I am not crazy about the setting. I couldn't afford what I wanted because I went over budget on the sapphire. I am hoping to reset it sometime next year. If you go to page 2 on "show me your sapphire", I have a pic of it set. I think that is easier than digging up the thread.

ETA: I want to see pics of your work when you are finished :).

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I just checked it out. I have to say that I think it looks perfect in that simple setting!

I had a nice sapphire almost the color of yours. But smaller. It wound up in a custom disaster and I never wear it. Sad.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:42:25 PM
I just checked it out. I have to say that I think it looks perfect in that simple setting!

I had a nice sapphire almost the color of yours. But smaller. It wound up in a custom disaster and I never wear it. Sad.

You should think about getting it reset. Or better yet, when you get better at making settings, design a simple setting for it.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Righto! Received my 2 custome stakcers from Madelyn (Onegarnetgirl) from Etsy yesterday.
Really happy with the quality and on the whole how they look but just feel the moonstone does not compliment the other stoens.
This is my DD birthstone and at the risk of major sibling rivalry (this is a mother ring) I am having Madlyn make a ''new'' tacker in her other birthtone which is going to be a spapphire either kasmir blue or green.
The moonstone i will pair with a fire opal ring that Maddy is going to make so problem solves !!!
One big tip size up a least a 1/4 I didn''t and why they fit I think i will size them up 1/14 to 1/2 for comfort

So we have a pink toumaline (mine) silver shank with rose gold bezel
swiis blue topaz (son)
moonstone DD

IMG_5480.JPG

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
and

IMG_5481-1.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely Katebar! My favorite is the pink tourm although I like all three of them!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty Kate, yay for you!
36.gif

I agree though, I guess the moonstone doesn''t fit because the other two are faceted and brilliant - I think it will look lovely though paired with an opal.
I must get my act together and have some of these made!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly so sorry for my terrible spelling. I meant to spellcheck but just pressed send
38.gif
I promise to be more diligent in my efforts
41.gif

Now I can''t resize my finger shot photo *sigh* off to bed for me.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the moon stone with the other faceted stones.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME Kate.....I LOVE ALL THREE!!!!!
30.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:59:10 AM
YAY.....can we send our stones to you now for setting?????
9.gif

Lori

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on Etsy today and knew I needed to share it with Pricescopers who might like it...but couldn't decide where! I decided that this thread would be the best place. I thought that this was stunning! Maybe I should also put the vendor, Creative Goldsmith, into the thread about Etsy vendors that has been started in Jewelry Pieces! (This is described as a yellow orange sapphire set in 14K gold and is listed for $250.00.)

Deborah
34.gif

CreativeGoldsmithRingEtsy.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
You guys have totally sold me on stacking rings. I want a set made! I''m thinking of buying another smaller stone in either pink or green to go with my lightish-yellow grossular garnet, and having both of those bezeled in white gold, and wearing a rose gold band in between.

Just need to find the right second stone now - and figure out who I want to have bezel these

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
katebar - do you have a handshot?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This set is on my wish list from onegarnetgirl.
9.gif

"It''s time to return to Spring/Summer stacking set! Making it''s appearance for the second year is the "Sideswept"design stacking set.
Simple sterling bands that measure just under 1/2 an inch when worn together. The center ring is a 10x7mm fine quality Peridot weighing around 2.5-3 cts.
The outer two bands are 4mm london Blue topaz and are intended to nestle into the point of the pear.

So fun.

Yes, they are available in numerous gemstone combinations and with various finishes!"

Lori

maddynewset.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love this one, too! It is called the April Showers Stack.

"It''s spring time here in my studio, and I''m making up for the cold and snow here in Massachusetts by daydreaming about spring stacking rings.
First order of business is this stack. It''s comprised of 10mm Moonstone, 5mm Blue Topaz and 5x7mm Peridot all sitting atop a nice half round band. Each band is 2.5mm wide and the collective width is just about 1/2 an inch."

Lori

aprilshowersstack.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:16:10 PM
Author: AGBF

I saw this on Etsy today and knew I needed to share it with Pricescopers who might like it...but couldn''t decide where! I decided that this thread would be the best place. I thought that this was stunning! Maybe I should also put the vendor, Creative Goldsmith, into the thread about Etsy vendors that has been started in Jewelry Pieces! (This is described as a yellow orange sapphire set in 14K gold and is listed for $250.00.)

Deborah

34.gif

That is very pretty, I was looking at her page and love the stuff she has on there.

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
Yay! I just made my first ETSY purchase from mkaae-a simple sterling silver beaded band that I hope to stack with my ER/wedding band occasionally for a different look.

Lori, do you have any handshots of the blush topaz bezel you bought from TreAnelli? I love that ring in all the colors she offers...just wondered what it looks like IRL...

ETSY_1.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Lori, I can''t locate onegarnetgirl on Etsy ?
is there another way to find her?
love her stuff!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Her etsy site is:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5685587

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:29:10 PM
Author: legatogirl
Yay! I just made my first ETSY purchase from mkaae-a simple sterling silver beaded band that I hope to stack with my ER/wedding band occasionally for a different look.

Lori, do you have any handshots of the blush topaz bezel you bought from TreAnelli? I love that ring in all the colors she offers...just wondered what it looks like IRL...
Hi Legatogirl,

No, I''m still digitally challenged at the moment, but the color of the blush ring is amazing. It is really true to life in color and I love it!
9.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results