shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:29:10 PM
Author: legatogirl
Yay! I just made my first ETSY purchase from mkaae-a simple sterling silver beaded band that I hope to stack with my ER/wedding band occasionally for a different look.

Lori, do you have any handshots of the blush topaz bezel you bought from TreAnelli? I love that ring in all the colors she offers...just wondered what it looks like IRL...
I forgot to say YAY on your new purchase....love it!!!!
9.gif

Lori

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! My set of sterling stackers are done! (well the settings anyway).

I asked Erin (CreativeGoldsmith) on Etsy to just make the settings for me so that I could maybe have them done before I leave for NZ in a week. She finished them and is shipping them tomorrow, so all I have to do now is get those and take them down to my jewelers to have my stones set
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see them BEG. That was fast!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m a bad PSer and didn''t post about mine I got 2 weeks ago
31.gif
And of course I waited until the sun was already going down so I couldn''t take real good pictures either
14.gif

Emily from TreAnelli made these and I couldn''t be happier. I was feeling quite indecisive at the time so I only set 2 stones, 6mm Umba Garnet and 5mm Spinel, both from Barry. But I''m loving them so much, I''m looking for more stones!

DSC_0172.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This shows the colors a little better. I love how bezeling made the Umbalite Garnet color so rich
30.gif

I wonder what 3rd color will go nicely with these 2? Any suggestions would be great!

DSC_0129.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Those are just perfect. And that red in that spinal is just beautiful.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
BB those are awesome - I love how the colors go together! More pics?
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 5:13:54 PM
Author: Babyblue033
This shows the colors a little better. I love how bezeling made the Umbalite Garnet color so rich
30.gif

I wonder what 3rd color will go nicely with these 2? Any suggestions would be great!

wow-i love both of them! what about a purple stone?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

Sooooo pretty! That garnet makes me want to eat it, yummy.
What about a pink stone to follow the "dark to light" theme? A golden yellow would be great, too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:24:52 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

30.gif

Sooooo pretty! That garnet makes me want to eat it, yummy.

What about a pink stone to follow the ''dark to light'' theme? A golden yellow would be great, too.

A golden yellow would look delicious with those two!

I also like the idea of contrast too - something green or blue-green would look great too, I think
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
How much do I want THIS from OneGarnetGirl??? Let''s just say, a LOT!
1.gif

il_fullxfull.57892576.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 5:11:22 PM
31.gif
And of course I waited until the sun was already going down so I couldn''t take real good pictures either
14.gif

Emily from TreAnelli made these and I couldn''t be happier. I was feeling quite indecisive at the time so I only set 2 stones, 6mm Umba Garnet and 5mm Spinel, both from Barry. But I''m loving them so much, I''m looking for more stones!
These are fabulous BB! I love all of your pink/red gems
30.gif

Is this the finger you plan on wearing them on? I like it, wouldn''t have normally thought of it tbh.

I ditto the suggestion of a golden gem - a yellow beryl perhaps
31.gif

I would really like to set some of my gems in SS stackers as I just can''t afford gold atm - but I''m concerned about tarnishing.
Does anyone have good tips for preventing your SS from tarnishing, or cleaning SS with gems in it?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:55:07 PM
Author: arjunajane

I'm a bad PSer and didn't post about mine I got 2 weeks ago
31.gif
And of course I waited until the sun was already going down so I couldn't take real good pictures either
14.gif

Emily from TreAnelli made these and I couldn't be happier. I was feeling quite indecisive at the time so I only set 2 stones, 6mm Umba Garnet and 5mm Spinel, both from Barry. But I'm loving them so much, I'm looking for more stones!

These are fabulous BB! I love all of your pink/red gems
30.gif

Is this the finger you plan on wearing them on? I like it, wouldn't have normally thought of it tbh.

I ditto the suggestion of a golden gem - a yellow beryl perhaps
31.gif

I would really like to set some of my gems in SS stackers as I just can't afford gold atm - but I'm concerned about tarnishing.

Does anyone have good tips for preventing your SS from tarnishing, or cleaning SS with gems in it?

I hope someone answers this because I'd love to know as well! I only have one silver ring and it's a Tiffs so I just get them to clean it, so I have no idea what to do to take care of my new stackers

Oh AJ I totally hear ya. I wanted to set these three in white and rose gold - but if I went with gold I think I'd only be able to do one right now, and I wanted all three at once!

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you Lori!! I went for it-just purchased a blush topaz stacker of my own!! I considered the garnet b/c that is my birthstone but the color of the blush won out-and actually the amethyst is my second fav! I''m loving ETSY right now-I''m so happy I came across this thread!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
14.gif

!
Babyblue- they are just beautiful!!! I don''t think they NEED a third, at all. But I think I would go with a contrasting blue or green, myself
31.gif

I can''t wait to see what everyone else gets!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 11:54:28 AM
Thank you Lori!! I went for it-just purchased a blush topaz stacker of my own!! I considered the garnet b/c that is my birthstone but the color of the blush won out-and actually the amethyst is my second fav! I''m loving ETSY right now-I''m so happy I came across this thread!
1.gif

Yay! Pictures?
1.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m really lovin'' the new one that onegarnetgirl has on her site right now. I may have to get it.

il_430xN_60079775.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Finger shot. I think it''s stunning!

il_430xN_60079779.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 12:15:47 PM
Author: mochi
I''m really lovin'' the new one that onegarnetgirl has on her site right now. I may have to get it.
Love that set!
doesn''t she have or didn''t she have a discount on her Sideswept designs?

I''m eyeing one of her rings for my daughter.

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
It''s the blush topaz stacker from TreAnelli like Lori''s. I think the setting is very similar to BabyBlue''s 6mm Garnet--which by the way I am DROOLING over right now!

Mochi-I say go for it-that is beautiful!

ETSY_Blush.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 12:27:22 PM
It''s the blush topaz stacker from TreAnelli like Lori''s. I think the setting is very similar to BabyBlue''s 6mm Garnet--which by the way I am DROOLING over right now!

Mochi-I say go for it-that is beautiful!
''cough, cough''...enabler!!

I love the color of that stone. My daughter got the ring that TreAnnelli made for her. I''m not able to post it...
15.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LtlFirecracker, thank you. I really love that spinel, it''s such a bright, fiery little thing! She packs a lot of character for such a small stone!

Brown.Eyed.Girl, looks like it''s going to be another sunny day today (we''re having a really warm weekend in NYC!) so I''ll try to take some more pictures. Funny you mention blue-green, I was drooling over your blue-green tourmaline and was wondering if he has any more rough of that???
2.gif

Packrat, oh I would LOVE an amethyst!
30.gif
Barry always has such nice amethyst...
31.gif

MonkeyPie, I did consider a different shade of pink. I didn''t think about a golden yellow but that sounds yummy too!

Arjunajane, I put them on my left hand for the photos but yes, I wear them on my point finger on my right hand. I wasn''t sure about it either but I think this type of ring looks nice worn that way. Ohhh like you haven''t already tempted me enough with your search of golden gem!
6.gif
9.gif

Icekid, I DO already have a 5mm purplish blue round spinel... I wasn''t quite sure how it''ll go with these 2 colors but now I''m wondering...
31.gif

I also wasn''t quite sure about doing this project in silver, I would''ve LOVED to do them in white gold but couldn''t afford to do that right now and I really wanted them NOW!
9.gif
I haven''t owned silver jewelry in a while so I would love to hear how others take care of them too.

I DO have another project in mind in rose gold though...
4.gif

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
I can''t wait to see the color of the stone IRL!
I went back to see the pic of the ring you ordered for your daughter-very pretty!! Funny thing is that it was for her cosmetology graduation-my little sister graduates cosmetology school in Aug. and just this morning I was thinking that I may be purchasing her gift from an Etsy vendor.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 12:17:14 PM
Mochi, I don''t even like pears but I was drooling over those! I would''ve never thought you can wear them as stackers like that, they''re so unique!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 1:39:34 PM
I can''t wait to see the color of the stone IRL!
I went back to see the pic of the ring you ordered for your daughter-very pretty!! Funny thing is that it was for her cosmetology graduation-my little sister graduates cosmetology school in Aug. and just this morning I was thinking that I may be purchasing her gift from an Etsy vendor.
Me too! Unfortunately she''s in NJ and I''m in FL. She did send me a hand shot on my phone and I don''t know how to post it here. It looks very nice and well made.

What a coincident. My daughter absolutely love cosmetology but she just recently was diagnosed with allergy to hair dyes.
23.gif
She breaks-out in awful looking skin disorder. So she''s been working as a make-up artist for weddings and runway shows.

I think your sister would love it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 1:48:10 PM

Date: 3/8/2009 12:17:14 PM
Mochi, I don''t even like pears but I was drooling over those! I would''ve never thought you can wear them as stackers like that, they''re so unique!
Me too.. I was so surprised to see the this style on the her website. It''s so unique and quite flattering.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So I am NOT happy with USPS right now. My stacker settings were shipped and I was sent a tracking number - well I put it in and it says my package was delivered yesterday. The thing is, the valet downstairs does NOT have my package. Another package I was supposed to receive said it was ALSO delivered - exact same time yesterday, and I actually got that one - but about 4 hours later when USPS finally brought the packages to my building. The valet thinks they just recorded delivered because it got to the USPS facility which explains why both packages (totally different vendors, one''s not even jewelry) were recorded as being delivered at the same time, but doesn''t explain why I have on and not the other. So I just spent the last 20 min trying to get through to USPS and couldn''t - the automated system is horrible. Tried figuring out which post office routs my packages - figured it out, couldn''t get through. UGH. I really wanted these so I could get them set ASAP before I leave on Sunday - I just hope they haven''t lost my settings!
29.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered this set from Maddy, onegarnetgirl....I just love these colors with the little rose gold balls.
9.gif

Lori

maddymedset.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 4:03:49 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
So I am NOT happy with USPS right now. My stacker settings were shipped and I was sent a tracking number - well I put it in and it says my package was delivered yesterday. The thing is, the valet downstairs does NOT have my package. Another package I was supposed to receive said it was ALSO delivered - exact same time yesterday, and I actually got that one - but about 4 hours later when USPS finally brought the packages to my building. The valet thinks they just recorded delivered because it got to the USPS facility which explains why both packages (totally different vendors, one''s not even jewelry) were recorded as being delivered at the same time, but doesn''t explain why I have on and not the other. So I just spent the last 20 min trying to get through to USPS and couldn''t - the automated system is horrible. Tried figuring out which post office routs my packages - figured it out, couldn''t get through. UGH. I really wanted these so I could get them set ASAP before I leave on Sunday - I just hope they haven''t lost my settings!
29.gif
What happened BEG???

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results