shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this be The One?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That diamond looks like a real beauty Joni. Can't wait to see it after you have it set!!!

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Thank you SOO much Sundial! I have really been obsessing over this with choosing the stone and trying to capture it in photos. The uploading was not too horrible thanks to Belle giving a primmer on the topic!
Your photo in your avatar is fabulous did you take it yourself? I have photos from Signed pieces but dont know how to get them here. oh well,
Joni

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 7:53:40 PM
Author: JZMINBNEE
DAVID,
I got your Gemex to down load WHEW Man that is some beauty you got!!!
I hope mine will show up respectably.
Thank you for sharing your results have you posted photos yet?
Joni
Hi Joni,
Thank you for the compliment, especially from someone with a shiny new "Mercedes".
While your stone is superior in carat, color, and clarity, our cut proportions are very close, so if you do a Gemex, you should expect similar results. Also, please do not put too much stock in the Gemex report. It has its critics, including Whiteflash. You got Rockdoc on your side so you have nothing to worry about. I am very confident he will give it a clear thumbs up.

I do not have any photos of my stone. I am techically challenged; no digit camera, no knowlede of uploads etc...

More importantly, how about your rock! It looks tremendous! I am not the best in evaluating photos, because pictures of the same diamond often look different to me, so I better not comment too much... However, it looks as good as anything I have ever seen.

I think you will feel like it is more "yours" after you get the approval from Rocdoc. One last comment, I know that you are anxious to get it set and wear it, but enjoy looking at it while it is loose or on the temporary setting. There is somthing dramatic about seeing a beautiful stone in "the nude"...

Sincerely,
David

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Thank you David,
This was the 1st time I have taken photos of a diamond and it wasn''t easy! My body and the camara kept casting a shadow and so I would loose the sparkles and colors I was seeing. I really wanted to capture the colors. uploading took a while but I followed Belle''s advice from another thread and got them to show up after several tries.
I think photos don''t do a stone justice unless someone has the perfect set up MAybe but I gave it a shot in the Florida Sunshine.
My sweetie thinks I am obsessing over this so I have been doing the photos while he is busy with other things Heres hoping Rockdock gives it the thumbs up and the setting looks nice when it gets here. I may be mesmerized by my hand for Quite sometime and have to behave my self and not look like too much of a dork staring at it in front of other people.
I really enjoy my waterlillies so it was natural for me to play with the "naked'''' little stone while I could.
Thank you for your kindness David,
Joni

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one more pond photo w/ a yellow waterlilly in the back ground
35.gif

DSCN0369.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 8:28:30 PM
Thank you SOO much Sundial! I have really been obsessing over this with choosing the stone and trying to capture it in photos. The uploading was not too horrible thanks to Belle giving a primmer on the topic!
Your photo in your avatar is fabulous did you take it yourself? I have photos from Signed pieces but dont know how to get them here. oh well,
Joni
Joni I think you are doing a great job with the photos. Heaven knows it isn''t easy to get a good shot. I especially love the way you captured the colors coming out of that diamond in the hand shot! I did take the picture in my avatar and cropped it with the photo software that came with my camera to make it more of a closeup. You could save the Signed Pieces pictures in your pictures folder on your computer, resize and rename them, and attach them to a post here.

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Sundial,
I will try that tomorrow in my free time. Honey wants some attention now. see you tomorrow!
Joni

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to comment that I think your new stone is absolutely stunning!!! I'm sure you had a good time at Home Depot! My pet rock sparkles like crazy there as well. Makes one want to pitch a tent and move in..........LOL

Good luck with the new setting and thank you for the pictures. For someone who has never taken diamond pics, you're doing a fantastic job. Capturing these little critters is no easy feat as many of us know.
36.gif

Thanks again and best wishes...........

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rod
Thank you very much for the compliment on my photos. Yep Home depot does make the stone shine! I was a bit embarrassed walking aroundstaring at my hand in there this may be a 'problem' for a while once it is set Sweetheart acts annoyed with so much of my attention going to this sparklie object, So I will need to practace SOME control in public! Was it like that for you when you 1st got your 'pet rock'?

Hi Sundial
Thank you for the info on saving a photo then shrinking it to add to the posting. I just spoke to David at Signed pieces/ Facets and he says that It is ok to post the photos that they sent to me here. David at SP also said the setting will be ready early or mid week next week.

I put a call in to Rocdock and he will be calling me back so we can setup an appointment!
Here are the photos Sp /Facets sent of the pears Isaak found for me E/F VVS/ vs .33 each

IMG_2096.jpg

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Whoopie! I got the right photo in ! then I have photos of the ring that SP / Facets had already made up but it should look similar to this:

F2499a.jpg

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
here is another angle:

F2499b.jpg

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
another view

F2499c.jpg

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock

one more

F2499d.jpg

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
last one

F2499e.jpg

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all of you and your encouragement! I am learning SO much from you about Diamonds camaras computers and Kindness Friendship with people from all over the world giving me advice and helping put this all together each step of the way. I will think of you lovingly while I admire my ring . I already do by the way!
Thank you Pricescope! and Pricescope members!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Joni that setting is just gorgeous! What a way to showcase your fabulous new diamond!!! Thanks for posting those pics.

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Sundial! I have learned SO MUCH from you!
I just spoke w/ Rockdoc our appointment is for 2:00 this Saturday!!!

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Joni,
Congratulations, everything looks beautiful. Which PS vendor sourced the stone?

You have been very gracious. Enjoy Saturday.

Sincerely,
David

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Hi David
yes it is a pricescope venderstone. I will reveal the name if the stone is a keeper.

Rockdoc says if it isnt immediately rejected our appiontment will take a while so lucky for me the Masters (Golf) is on TV this weekend so honey who has great attention for GOLF but A.D.D.for details on diamonds will be watching golf at home while Rockdoc and I play w/ the pretty stone.
I am so fortunate to live here in S Fla to have such Great resources as Rockdoc and Rich.
Honey is fortunate cos he gets to Golf at P.G.A. golf courses almost every week here.

Plus during hurricaine Wilma our house was w/ out Electric for 2 1/2 weeks so we stayed at PGA
at a friends condo and had Electric and hot showers. Who says it doesnt pay to chase a little ball around every week even if your not a pro eh?
Ps I took the photos w/ a point and shoot camara. I am kinda proud of the results
41.gif

bye for now,
Joni

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2006 10:56:14 AM
Hi Rod
Thank you very much for the compliment on my photos. Yep Home depot does make the stone shine! I was a bit imbarrassed walking aroundstaring at my hand in there this may be a ''problem'' for a while once it is set Sweetheart acts annoyed with so much of my attention going to this sparklie object, So I will need to practace SOME control in public! Was it like that for you when you 1st got your ''pet rock''?

Hi Sundial
Thank you for the info on saving a photo then shrinking it to add to the posting. I just spoke to David at Signed pieces/ Facets and he says that It is ok to post the photos that they sent to me here. David at SP also said the setting will be ready early or mid week next week.

I put a call in to Rocdock and he will be calling me back so we can setup an appointment!
Here are the photos Sp /Facets sent of the pears Isaak found for me E/F VVS/ vs .33 each
LOL.......Your question assumes that somehow I have managed to overcome constantly staring at my pet rock. Three months later, I have not stopped staring. One of these days (or nights), I''m probably going to total my beautiful red Mercedes SL 500, as the beams of light put out by my stone in my car often catch my eye. Must learn to look at the road ahead.......Must learn to look at the road ahead!!

May you never grow tired of looking at your stone in all kinds of lighting situations. And may you revel in the knowledge that your pet rock is prettier than most people will ever hope to be custodian to!!

And, BTW.......that setting is beautiful!
36.gif

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rod,
Yes! PLEASE keep your eyes on the road while driving! Good luck with that! I could hardly walk in home Depot w/ out running into things I was such a goof ball!

Thanks for your kind words on the setting. I think it will compliment the centerstone w/ out overpowering it.
I can Hardly wait! Signed Pieces / Facets do nice work they are well spoken of on this forum and they are producing the setting very quickly for me .
Here's hoping it all checks out well and they will be happy match for each other. ( The center stone and it's little pair of pear sisters- the twins)

DRIVE SAFELY Rod!!!
Joni

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 1:46:47 PM
Hi David
yes it is a pricescope venderstone. I will reveal the name if the stone is a keeper.

Rockdoc says if it isnt immediately rejected our appiontment will take a while...
Joni,
So what''s the story? You got the last chapter in the book, let us know. Happy ending?

Who sourced it for you?

David

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Hi David!
Thanks for remembering. I had my appointment with Rockdoc. We had alot of fun looking at the stone thru microscope, Ideal scope, aset scope (?) and all kinds of other tools including the one that shows leakage of light ( I didnt see any/much). Like I said we had alot of fun. Dockdoc will be finishing up with the written appraisal and photos this week then when the setting arrives we will have it set( I can hardly wait) and I will post more photos. LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A KEEPER!
Thanks Rockdoc!
So David the stone shows alot of color/fire and that is what I was looking for in a stone. I saw really good hearts and arrows tho it was not sold as a hearts and arrows stone. I had done alot of reading and studying up and searching the listed stones in our price range for the type cut/color/clarity/ ct I had on my wish list. I fully expected to buy from Good old Gold or Whiteflash and was studying away and looked at Blue nile on a lark one day and did a search I saw this stone the report was the new performance based AGS and the cut/ color /ct were right where I wanted to be. I did the Hca and It scored 1.2 I got really excited I checked the charts that John at Whiteflash has listed showing GIA and AGS and that there is an area where their best cut stones overlap and this one fell in that range. I thought this was worth having a look at but I didnt want to get TOO attached til I had seen it and had it checked out.
I do love this stone it has the cert I was looking for and the look I had in mind. this stone is inscribed which is a bonus for me. GOG and WTflash offer outstanding service and have amazing follow up trade in Policies. In my case I will not be trading this stone in or up at a later date. (I am - 49 well 50 G-d willing in November) so for me on this particular case Bluenile works out just fine for me. I feel like I found kind of a diamond in haystack and am fortunate that I have Rockdoc in town to give me the grand tour of my stone. I am pleased with my purchase. I said something to my honey about returning the stone if it didnt check out w/ Rockdock and he said " NOT now that you have found your "perfect" stone! " Lucky for us it checked out. So thats my story. Facets will be sending the setting tomorrow or Monday and I can hardly WAIT!
Thanks for asking David
hope the saga wasnt too long BE WELL!
joni

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Joni,

So glad to hear it is indeed the one. But from the pictures and having the stone in person, you knew that anyway. RocDoc just gave you a higher comfort level.

We''ll all wait anxiously for pics of your new pet rock set in that terrific new setting!!

Cheers!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
J- I just love all the photos you have posted in this thread, your SMTR post is going to be wild!
30.gif
I am so glad that this is the stone for you! When will it be set and on your hand?

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 11:02:47 PM
Hi David!
Thanks for remembering. I had my appointment with Rockdoc. We had alot of fun looking at the stone thru microscope, Ideal scope, aset scope (?) and all kinds of other tools including the one that shows leakage of light ( I didnt see any/much). Like I said we had alot of fun. Dockdoc will be finishing up with the written appraisal and photos this week then when the setting arrives we will have it set( I can hardly wait) and I will post more photos. LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A KEEPER!
Thanks Rockdoc!
So David the stone shows alot of color/fire and that is what I was looking for in a stone. I saw really good hearts and arrows tho it was not sold as a hearts and arrows stone. I had done alot of reading and studying up and searching the listed stones in our price range for the type cut/color/clarity/ ct I had on my wish list. I fully expected to buy from Good old Gold or Whiteflash and was studying away and looked at Blue nile on a lark one day and did a search I saw this stone the report was the new performance based AGS and the cut/ color /ct were right where I wanted to be. I did the Hca and It scored 1.2 I got really excited I checked the charts that John at Whiteflash has listed showing GIA and AGS and that there is an area where their best cut stones overlap and this one fell in that range. I thought this was worth having a look at but I didnt want to get TOO attached til I had seen it and had it checked out.
I do love this stone it has the cert I was looking for and the look I had in mind. this stone is inscribed which is a bonus for me. GOG and WTflash offer outstanding service and have amazing follow up trade in Policies. In my case I will not be trading this stone in or up at a later date. (I am - 49 well 50 G-d willing in November) so for me on this particular case Bluenile works out just fine for me. I feel like I found kind of a diamond in haystack and am fortunate that I have Rockdoc in town to give me the grand tour of my stone. I am pleased with my purchase. I said something to my honey about returning the stone if it didnt check out w/ Rockdock and he said '' NOT now that you have found your ''perfect'' stone! '' Lucky for us it checked out. So thats my story. Facets will be sending the setting tomorrow or Monday and I can hardly WAIT!
Thanks for asking David
joni
Hi Joni,
Thanks for the update. I expected it all to work out well for you. So Blue Nile got the business...

As you said, the guys at Whiteflash and GOG indeed provide a fine service that adds value. In many cases it makes sense for a buyer to purchase a super ideal branded stone. But like you, GeoAtl (see his thread?), and myself, we are willing to search for an ideal cut stone at a discount.

You are indeed fortuanate to have Rockdoc nearby. However, give yourself more credit, you were not "lucky" that it "checked out". It checked out well because of your due dilengence in the selection process. Congratulations!

Best wishes in your marriage. I think it is great that your fiance empowered you to make this big decision. Some of the best decisons in our family have come when one person took ownership (obsession) of the process.

Sincerely,
David

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 11:02:47 PM
Hi David!
Thanks Rockdoc!
I do love this stone it has the cert I was looking for and the look I had in mind. this stone is inscribed which is a bonus for me. GOG and WTflash offer outstanding service and have amazing follow up trade in Policies. In my case I will not be trading this stone in or up at a later date. (I am - 49 well 50 G-d willing in November) so for me on this particular case Bluenile works out just fine for me. I feel like I found kind of a diamond in haystack and am fortunate that I have Rockdoc in town to give me the grand tour of my stone. I am pleased with my purchase. I said something to my honey about returning the stone if it didnt check out w/ Rockdock and he said '' NOT now that you have found your ''perfect'' stone! '' Lucky for us it checked out. So thats my story. Facets will be sending the setting tomorrow or Monday and I can hardly WAIT!
Thanks for asking David
joni
Hi Joni,
Thanks for the update. I expected it all to work out well for you. So Blue Nile got the business...

As you said, the guys at Whiteflash and GOG indeed provide a fine service that adds value. In many cases it makes sense for a buyer to purchase a super ideal branded stone. But like you, GeoAtl (see his thread?), and myself, we are willing to search for an ideal cut stone at a discount.

You are indeed fortuanate to have Rockdoc nearby. However, give yourself more credit, you were not "lucky" that it "checked out". It checked out well because of your due dilengence in the selection process. Congratulations!

Best wishes in your marriage. I think it is great that your fiance empowered you to make this big decision. Some of the best decisons in our family have come when one person took ownership (obsession) of the process.

Sincerely,
David

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Hi David, Rod, Sundial,Mat.
and ya''ll .EVERY ONE who have assisted me which means EVERYONE here at pricescope,
Today is Monday. I waited as long as I could b4 I called Isaak at Facets/ Signed Pieces 1:15 East coast time. The setting will be here Tomorrow before 12:00. Prob about 10:30am but I will need to set up a time to meet w/ Rocdoc and his buddie to have the stone set. (I am SOOO excited!)

I expect it to look well wonderful when it arrives. Whew! I can NOT EVEN imagine what it would be like the be the man doing this as a suprise! My Honey is excited (in his own guy way- understated- so far). He does keep asking when it will be here and when do we get it set. My Brother and his wife of 10yrs will be visiting with us next Sunday and on thru the next 10 days to visit with us and our Mom and enjoy the Florida springtime.

Rockdoc and a bunch of the pros here at price scope will be gathering up in Orlando this weekend for something like what I expect Wink went to with AGS So I am really hoping to have the stone set B4 Rockdoc leaves this week end. Oh Man!!! I can
Hardly Wait to see that sparkler set. (and on my finger)

David thank you for being my friend and understanding. yep I did do alot of ferreting to find this and get it done it has been a touching experience to have you and others en courage me each and every step of the way.
Mat Your Ring is AWSOME!!! and your photos ROCK! Maybe you can give me some pointers.

Sundial has been helping me get stuff posted Thanks!

Ana mentioned fancy shapes and gave me proportions for my size Ring in a previous thread I had started (recut or sell)

Rod reminds me its ok kind of to stare at my ring once its finished but be careful when driving and Don''t sleep with it on- Right? Give it a bath and let it rest.
But like Wink and others have warned not too long in the amonia based cleanser!
All Good stuff to know.
I feel kind of like Dorothy on her way back from OZ. Grateful. Thanks all!
Well I better call Rocdoc.
joni

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Just spoke to Rocdoc we could be setting it as early as tomorrow afternoon!

David thank you for the well wishes on our marriage. That is really the important part.
yes we are already working as a team. We each have different areas where we take the lead and shine. I think my Honey will be very proud of our ring. we did good.
16.gif

j

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Joni this is SO exciting! I am glad that you love the diamond and I can''t wait to see photos of it in the setting!!! There is certainly nothing wrong with Blue Nile and you obviously did your homework and found a winner. Congratulations to you and your honey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results