shape
carat
color
clarity

Conclusion to the negative experience with Whiteflash...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hot4teacher

Rough_Rock

Howdy All,

As many of you have read my first post of my negative experience with Whiteflash, I have an update to bring everyone up to speed…and my negative experience didn’t turn around.

The ring was sent back mid-February to fix the leaning head. A couple weeks go by and all I heard was that they were remaking the head and the ring would be ready to be shipped March 9. March 9 came and went and I didn’t hear anything, so I sent an email March 11, and low and behold Bob replied with another not very warm and fuzzy email telling me what I was to do (Very unprofessional in fact). At least he included the pictures this time. (The first time pictures were suppose to be sent (initial purchase) it took 3 emails to Bob to finally get the pictures).

So you can imagine, this just about put me over the top. Whiteflash initially sends me a ring clearly with issues noticeable to the naked eye; I dealt with Bob’s lack of professionalism and respect for a customer, and the failure to receive key communications, especially when Whiteflash gave timelines. I went 0/3 in regards to the purchase.

I emailed John inquiring what could be done to change my feelings of Whiteflash’s product and service. Having spent almost 3 months enduring this, it would be tough to start at square one searching for a new stone and setting from another vendor. That’s a lot of time invested!

Well, it turn’s out Whiteflash just wanted me to spend MORE money and that was going to change my feelings! You heard that correctly! They wanted another chance to prove they could do it right, but it was going to involve me spending more of my money. Outrageous!

As my mom used to say, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

John asked that I contact Debi, but Debi didn’t seem concerned over the situation, and she passed me back to John.

To finally bring closure, I agreed to take the ring on one of their offers. By no means would I say it brings a positive ending to the story, but I need to move on. Whiteflash already had me for 3 months.

Interesting notes:

I never did get an apology from Bob. Remember I was working with Bob for almost 2 months in finding a diamond and working on the setting (not too difficult as it was almost a duplicate of Ellen’s ring). I guess Bob’s too busy to follow-up after the funding transaction was made.

I failed to receive key emails when Whiteflash provided me their timelines. And we’re not talking about the ring creation process being delayed or anything like that. I’m talking about Whiteflash saying I will be notified by X day and never receiving a communication. I would have to email them for the updates. I thought it was odd that only these important emails wouldn’t arrive, but other emails did arrive with no problems.

It is interesting to see other who have posted in this forum with the same issues, almost exactly as me (each experiencing only but one discrepancy. I had the joy of experiencing all 3!). I’m not sure how well things have improved if it is still happening.

I relate this as buying a new car. If the salesperson treats you with disrespect, it’s easy to walk out and go to the next dealer down the rode. They had my money the entire time, making it more difficult to walk away. I guess I was hoping they were going to come through and bring about a happy ending. I’ll chalk this one up to a life experience (albeit a crudy one) and share it with others, just as this forum is meant for.

It was interesting to read the ‘department setups’ of Whiteflash, and how different departments are separated and that in fact sales representatives haven’t seen the diamond or ring in person but offer their confidence in how it turned out or looks. I think that might alleviate many of the quality control issues customers are experiencing with Whiteflash.

“Learn from the mistakes of others; life is too short to make them all by yourself.”
Dana

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Dana,

I am sorry to hear that there wasn''t a happier ending. I don''t have any words of wisdom but offer my sympathies. Did you get the ring? Is it in your possession? Did they fix the issues?

For what it is worth, a SINCERE apology goes a long way, atleast in my book. When my ring came back the second time around, we still had one issue, all the other issues were fixed and after about 2 weeks time when we had decided to just keep the ring instead of dealing with further hassles of fixing that one issue, we got a call from Debi offering to let us return the ring. After the months of agonizing over it, I wasn''t ready to deal with finding a setting somewhere else and starting over and I was happy enough with the ring to not take her up on the offer to return it even after the return period was up. We thought this was a generous offer on their part though it would mean more effort on our end.

I am sorry you haven''t found them to be as ready to work with you. I do understand that feeling of being left dealing with a negative experience. Hope the bad feelings fade in time and that you and your FI will be able to enjoy the ring and what it stands for.

hot4teacher

Rough_Rock
Hi Hikerchick,

I do have the ring now. At first I was told they were just remaking the head but John had informed me they remade the setting.

I agree with the more effort. A lot goes into a purchase like this, and I can see why it should be so special because it is a purchase that should last forever, shared forever, both physically and mentally.

Dana

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Is the ring now to your satisfaction?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Date: 4/12/2007 9:39:54 PM
Author:hot4teacher

Howdy All,

As many of you have read my first post of my negative experience with Whiteflash, I have an update to bring everyone up to speed…and my negative experience didn’t turn around.

The ring was sent back mid-February to fix the leaning head. A couple weeks go by and all I heard was that they were remaking the head and the ring would be ready to be shipped March 9. March 9 came and went and I didn’t hear anything, so I sent an email March 11, and low and behold Bob replied with another not very warm and fuzzy email telling me what I was to do (Very unprofessional in fact). At least he included the pictures this time. (The first time pictures were suppose to be sent (initial purchase) it took 3 emails to Bob to finally get the pictures).

So you can imagine, this just about put me over the top. Whiteflash initially sends me a ring clearly with issues noticeable to the naked eye; I dealt with Bob’s lack of professionalism and respect for a customer, and the failure to receive key communications, especially when Whiteflash gave timelines. I went 0/3 in regards to the purchase.

I emailed John inquiring what could be done to change my feelings of Whiteflash’s product and service. Having spent almost 3 months enduring this, it would be tough to start at square one searching for a new stone and setting from another vendor. That’s a lot of time invested!

Well, it turn’s out Whiteflash just wanted me to spend MORE money and that was going to change my feelings! You heard that correctly! They wanted another chance to prove they could do it right, but it was going to involve me spending more of my money. Outrageous!

As my mom used to say, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

John asked that I contact Debi, but Debi didn’t seem concerned over the situation, and she passed me back to John.

To finally bring closure, I agreed to take the ring on one of their offers. By no means would I say it brings a positive ending to the story, but I need to move on. Whiteflash already had me for 3 months.

Interesting notes:

I never did get an apology from Bob. Remember I was working with Bob for almost 2 months in finding a diamond and working on the setting (not too difficult as it was almost a duplicate of Ellen’s ring). I guess Bob’s too busy to follow-up after the funding transaction was made.

I failed to receive key emails when Whiteflash provided me their timelines. And we’re not talking about the ring creation process being delayed or anything like that. I’m talking about Whiteflash saying I will be notified by X day and never receiving a communication. I would have to email them for the updates. I thought it was odd that only these important emails wouldn’t arrive, but other emails did arrive with no problems.

It is interesting to see other who have posted in this forum with the same issues, almost exactly as me (each experiencing only but one discrepancy. I had the joy of experiencing all 3!). I’m not sure how well things have improved if it is still happening.

I relate this as buying a new car. If the salesperson treats you with disrespect, it’s easy to walk out and go to the next dealer down the rode. They had my money the entire time, making it more difficult to walk away. I guess I was hoping they were going to come through and bring about a happy ending. I’ll chalk this one up to a life experience (albeit a crudy one) and share it with others, just as this forum is meant for.

It was interesting to read the ‘department setups’ of Whiteflash, and how different departments are separated and that in fact sales representatives haven’t seen the diamond or ring in person but offer their confidence in how it turned out or looks. I think that might alleviate many of the quality control issues customers are experiencing with Whiteflash.

“Learn from the mistakes of others; life is too short to make them all by yourself.”

Dana

Dana, through this process we went to great lengths to understand what you wanted and how to make it right.

We fully admit the first ring was not satisfactory. We had you return it and corrected the issue by remaking - not just repairing - the entire ring. We gave you a completely new piece because we felt badly. We created a new setting with a clean bill of health so that you would never have to walk around with a ring that had a ‘past problem.’

With regard to the other comments, your perception is regrettable. We believe it is a result of failure to communicate.

We sent all of the emails you claim did not make it to your hotmail account. We provided you with proof they were sent. We requested a phone number to ensure good future communication - but you would not provide it.

Exchanging one email per day (US-Japan time difference) was time-consuming and cumbersome. We repeated our request for your phone number. We invited you to call us collect or to provide us with a time to call you - any hour, day or night - so that we could faster and more effectively communicate. When emails were misinterpreted (by both sides) we provided you with direct access to our CEO and the option to speak in Japanese with us. You would not give a phone number and refused all of our offers even though we told you we believed the email exchange was moving too slow and being misinterpreted.

When the setting was repaired you requested a financial concession from us for your trouble. Our first suggestion for a % off of a future purchase was a preliminary offer, made in good faith. You did not like the idea of spending more money to receive a future discount, so we asked what you had in mind. You wrote that a % discounted from your current setting could mean a ‘positive story ending.’ We offered the amount you indicated, as well as a full setting refund as an option if you preferred. You chose the refund, then changed your mind and requested the % off the setting. We honored the request.

The bottom line: We addressed the main issue by remaking your ring completely. We showed that the emails you didn’t receive were sent to your hotmail account, but apologized anyway. We accepted your refusal to provide a phone number. We demonstrated goodwill by giving you a reimbursement in the amount requested (for a ‘positive story ending’). We apologized numerous times for any aggravation you experienced - on behalf of the entire company, not just Bob. We offered a full setting refund. Our CEO extended the offer to speak with you at your convenience in order to listen to, and assist you.

I don’t know what else we could have done.

We hope the ring is to your satisfaction and that it brings you happiness.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Dana,

From John''s take on things, it sounds like they accomodated your needs?

SBee

Rough_Rock
Yeah, no kidding. I read the other thread earlier this evening and it seemed to me that WF really tried to fix things despite the initial problems.

What further could be done to make this a "happy ending" ??? I understand feeling aggravated and upset when you feel like you''ve been wronged (I''ve definitely been there myself!), but an apology has been offered countless times, and it strikes me that sooner or later you''re going to have to accept it!

Talk about flogging a dead horse.
40.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks John for your views on this matter. Seems to me WF did all they could to rectify this and to make the OP satisfied. I feel WF tried and tried to make things right, made a whole new setting, sounds good to me. Guess my feeling is that the OP is more dissatisfied with BOB more than anything. His lack of sympathy to her feelings was probably the root of the problem here. And can relate to that.
2.gif
But all in all , WF is a great company, one who I have had the pleasure of dealing with numerous times. Communication is key. If you aren't happy with your sales rep, speak to John, or Lesley. They do an amazing job!!! And Debbie Wexler CEO is always willing to take your calls.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
From my numerous experiences with WF...and reading about others...they can definitely make some mistakes. However, they have exemplary customer service in terms of trying to right any wrongs that might have occurred...and they always seem to go above and beyond to try to make the customer happy once dissatisfaction is expressed. No one vendor (or anyone in general!) is perfect..and sometimes an unsatisfactory experience may occur. Things like engagement rings and the like can be so emotional, and many times people are displeased if they feel something has 'marred' the experience that should be a happy one. But sometimes it happens.

In any case, it sounds to me from what John wrote that WF went above and beyond to try to remedy things...since it was after the fact, it may not have been to the OP's satisfaction, but at least it sounds like numerous attempts were made. It also seems like there might have been some miscommunication due to lost (did you check your spam filters?) emails and potentially a language barrier?

In any case, OP...hope you like your ring the way it is now that you have it back, and you can move on from the experience!

Kelkel

Rough_Rock
I am also another customer of WF and would like to share my opinion and my experience. I had contact with quite a few people at their company during the process, including Bob.

Let me describe my experience. (Pretty long story, as I admit being a rather high-maintenance customer in the process)

After a couple weeks of consideration, during which I received help from Katie and Bob, I decided on the ACA I wanted to purchase. I found one of the settings sold at a different online vendor that I liked and asked Whiteflash if they could make a similar custom setting. Bob came back to me with a quote and reduced the price to match the other vendor. So I placed an order on a Tuesday and was told the CAD pictures would be ready late in the week. They arrived on Monday, but didn''t look right. I e-mailed Bob and he replied saying that he agreed with me. The corrected pictures came the next day. The shipping date ended up delayed by one day as a result, and Vera did inform me a couple days before the original shipping date. Around the same time, I asked Vera about the origin of the diamond and John sent me an e-mail explaining the conflict-free guarantee and why they were not able to give me the country of origin for this particular diamond (but it''s either Russia or Canada). Anyway, I received the ring and went ahead with my proposal. It turned out that the ring is too large; I got the size wrong. I e-mailed WF again and they offered to re-size it for free (even though they made the ring as requested), shipping charges not included. Their lifetime warranty on the ring would be voided if I resize it elsewhere, and paying shipping was cheaper anyway, so I sent the ring back. The night before mailing it back to WF, I carefully inspected the diamond using the loupe from the diamond kit and found some light-colored lines. I had concerns whether it''s a sign of polishing problems (it is supposed to be of ideal polish). I told them and they promised to have it inspected after cleaning. After the diamond arrived at WF, Vera told me that their production manager found the lines under microscope. She also told me Brian would inspect the diamond personally the next day. I requested to talk to Brian directly and I received a phone call from the company''s founder. He was very nice and asked me to contact him if I have any question in the future. The lines are internal grain lines and Brian said I had really good eyes to see them without a microscope. So everything was fine. Vera told me their production team asked for one more day to finish the resizing work (I agreed) but they ended up shipping it on time. I got the ring back no problem. It''s a platinum ring and a few days later we found scratches near the bottom already. I asked Vera about polishing and Bob gve me a phone call a few minutes after I sent the e-mail. They offered to polish the ring when it gets close to my big day but I think we''ve learned to accept scratches on a platinum ring.

So yes, I was a pretty nervous customer, but I think people can understand as it was by far my biggest purchase online. In conclusion, things didn''t go perfectly but I am satisfied with the company. One point I want to make is that one of the e-mails from Vera (I believe she''s in customer relations) actually was blocked by my spam filter. So I believe it is normal to see some but not all e-mails from WF blocked by the spam filter, as in OP''s case. Of course, I had the advantage of being able to contact them by phone, which the OP refused according to John. I personally wouldn''t buy anything online if e-mail is the only means of communication.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Using our keyboards we have the power to write anything, rebuttal is sometimes futile after the intent.

John, in this case your rebuttal was not futile, but effective.

I too have clients whose email account have an email blocker, or screener, or spam filter that kicks out incoming subject content or domain. There have been many accusations directed at my business or me for my failure of contact. There is usually no convincing the client of the attempt of contact, as they continue to receive other email, and feel there is no problem on their end. I too will forward multiple copies of sent mail, date and time indicated, and never has it been acknowleged. They seem to stay too wrapped up in the idea that they were wronged. And I normally get a reply such as: It is obvious that I have elluded the border patrol and are now in Cuba with their fortune.

We need to create verbage on our sites, on the contact page, to inform the client that THEY are responsible for adding our email address into their approved list. This will twart off many of misunderstandings in the future. It will do nothing for those who refuse to read it, however.

I realize there are at least two sides to every story, but there are also reasonable explanations and I feel John expressed them articulately and effective. And I am glad this forum allows you such an opportunity.

DKS

PS. I am not yet a WF client. (I would not hesitate to be one however) I am just a poster with similar client relations that get sideways, fast, due to email issues. Just wanted to shine some light on that ONE point in the conversation of conflict.

PSS. Extremely impressed that WF offers Japanese lingual customer service!!
(..."I really think so..." -hope you all remember that song...)

hot4teacher

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 12:40:24 AM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 4/12/2007 9:39:54 PM
Author:hot4teacher

Howdy All,

Interesting notes:

Dana

Dana, through this process we went to great lengths to understand what you wanted and how to make it right.

We fully admit the first ring was not satisfactory. We had you return it and corrected the issue by remaking - not just repairing - the entire ring. We gave you a completely new piece because we felt badly. We created a new setting with a clean bill of health so that you would never have to walk around with a ring that had a ‘past problem.’

With regard to the other comments, your perception is regrettable. We believe it is a result of failure to communicate.

We sent all of the emails you claim did not make it to your hotmail account. We provided you with proof they were sent. We requested a phone number to ensure good future communication - but you would not provide it.

Exchanging one email per day (US-Japan time difference) was time-consuming and cumbersome. We repeated our request for your phone number. We invited you to call us collect or to provide us with a time to call you - any hour, day or night - so that we could faster and more effectively communicate. When emails were misinterpreted (by both sides) we provided you with direct access to our CEO and the option to speak in Japanese with us. You would not give a phone number and refused all of our offers even though we told you we believed the email exchange was moving too slow and being misinterpreted.

When the setting was repaired you requested a financial concession from us for your trouble. Our first suggestion for a % off of a future purchase was a preliminary offer, made in good faith. You did not like the idea of spending more money to receive a future discount, so we asked what you had in mind. You wrote that a % discounted from your current setting could mean a ‘positive story ending.’ We offered the amount you indicated, as well as a full setting refund as an option if you preferred. You chose the refund, then changed your mind and requested the % off the setting. We honored the request.

The bottom line: We addressed the main issue by remaking your ring completely. We showed that the emails you didn’t receive were sent to your hotmail account, but apologized anyway. We accepted your refusal to provide a phone number. We demonstrated goodwill by giving you a reimbursement in the amount requested (for a ‘positive story ending’). We apologized numerous times for any aggravation you experienced - on behalf of the entire company, not just Bob. We offered a full setting refund. Our CEO extended the offer to speak with you at your convenience in order to listen to, and assist you.

I don’t know what else we could have done.

We hope the ring is to your satisfaction and that it brings you happiness.

I won''t go into the misinterpretation John has concluded from Whiteflash''s own emails to me. Several points above don''t coincide with the emails I received to include efforts to remedy the situation and the whole Japanese support..but I digress...
I''m not looking for personal attacks, just stating my experiences and using this forum with it''s intention of informing others of a buyer''s experience.

John does his job well. He''s paid to smooth things out. As mentioned above, I get the feeling Whiteflash had an issue of using email to reconcile the issues at hand, but that was what I was most comfortable with, so I''m the bad guy.
-I received an unacceptable product.
-I received rude customer service from the sales representative.
-I didn''t receive key emails (yes, you showed proof from March 9)

I’m certain nobody in this forum would purchase a product and be treated as I was along the way and still feel like they were glad to make the purchase through that company.

I am thankful a new ring was made. But there is more to buying an engagement ring than the finished product. Like I mentioned before, I needed to know that I was treated the best Whiteflash could and that they truly deserved my business over the other vendors seen here. Not, “hey the ring looks great but the sales rep treated me like a child…” The entire time I had that feeling that I wasn’t important, and what happened along the way made me feel more so.

What’s done is done. I was looking for great buying experience, of a unique ring, for a perfect woman…

Dana

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your troubles.
By the sounds of it you have a very nice ring now and I wish you the best and that she loves it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry that you have had a difficult experience in buying your ring.

I just want to say that in life things are going to go wrong. This is because we are HUMAN. We are very capable of making mistakes and very often things never seem to go quite to plan. The important thing here is not so much the mistake - but rather the way the mistake or problem was fixed.

When you posted your message you didn't say that you had recieved a refund on the cost of your setting. I find that to be a great way to appease you and to make you feel better about the whole process. In doing this Whiteflash have offered the hand of friendship and apology.

I hope that you can move on from this - and that in future you can look back on this process with some kind of peace of mind.

Good luck

Maisie

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From time to time a customer comes along that is unhappy in spite of more than reasonable attempts to please them. We have noticed that there is a technique which is rarely used in the USA, but very common in other parts of the world which is meant to get a concession in the price of something. Barter and haggling are extremely common and well accepted in many lands, but a lot less common to us in the States. Look how terribly uincomfortable people get when haggling over a new or used car. How many people in the States argue over the price of a sofa at the furniture stone? In other lands, this would be the complete norm.

With practice, people get very good with haggling, bartering and bickering. So good sometimes that it becomes an unconscious way of living. Since it is so normal in so many places that''s fine, but I find it difficult to accomodate to myself to the technique when it is used on me. I just am not a good haggler or experienced on a daily basis with the practice. Sure, I''ve used it with diamond dealers and colored stone dealers because that''s how the business works, but I don''t get enjoyment from it and I don''t pride myself on how good I have become with the practice. Others may think very differently. We ought to understand and be flexible enough to recognize these accepted practices as they spread with globalization.

It does sound like Whiteflash made a good faith approach to a solution. It also sounds as if the customer was truly unhappy with the contact. You cannot please everyone, but this forum allows people to explain, vent and be heard. The best lesson from this is for others to be able to read and learn. You can learn what to expect, how to define your supposed problem, and work toward a solution. While this example may not be the perfect success, I have a feeling that things are not all that bad for either party. Working with people over vast differences and time zones is a challenge that not all of us can handle or enjoy. When it goes badly there is a higher level of problem created. When it goes well, there is a larger reward found by the large price benefit. Some may take the risk for the larger reward and others, faced by knowledge of the high challenge might opt to play is safer and pay the extra money to buy locally.

John''s response seems like a sincere one and I have found no reason to doubt the integrity of Whiteflash. Once in a while an employee may do or say something that is not quite right which results in consequences that we don''t like. Its unfortunate, but only a human failing. We can''t avoid those things. What we can do is face them and apologize, make it right and go on. In the end, there are some people who you just cannot please sufficiently. I sure hope that this case ends on a reasonably happy note.

richie5120

Rough_Rock
you can always contact the better business bureau and file complaint. I would also file a complaint with pricescope. I''ve read a few other post with issues about WF poor workmanship on rings! It makes me sick to see that others are still having the same problem.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
hot4teacher, I am sorry that you didn’t have the outcome that you wanted. I have just completed my third transaction with WF and I have worked with a different person each time. I had good service the first two times, but I recently worked with Traci and I wouldn’t want to work with anyone else again. She went above and beyond what could be expected. We just clicked, and I got that "warm fuzzy feeling" that you described in your other post. If I had not felt comfortable working with her I would not have had a problem asking to work with someone else.

I understand your unique situation. I am currently living in China, and in the last few months I have worked with GOG,WF, and Pearlman’s to upgrade both my mom’s and my e-rings. At that time there was a thirteen hour time difference (now twelve) so most of our communication was done through email. However, when the process was close to being completed, I stayed up to the middle of the night to have final discussions on the products over the phone. Because I chose to buy around the world I felt that it was my responsibility to do this.

I am sorry that you don’t love your ring and I do understand your frustration. I hope that you find a resolution that you are happy with.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2007 9:22:06 AM
Author: richie5120
you can always contact the better business bureau and file complaint. I would also file a complaint with pricescope. I''ve read a few other post with issues about WF poor workmanship on rings! It makes me sick to see that others are still having the same problem.
I envy you sooo much!!!

Your so lucky to live in a perfect world.... and still sound sour!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 9:22:06 AM
you can always contact the better business bureau and file complaint. I would also file a complaint with pricescope. I've read a few other post with issues about WF poor workmanship on rings! It makes me sick to see that others are still having the same problem.
Steady on!! This is nothing near anything which needs to be filed as an official complaint! For goodness sake!!
29.gif

richie5120

Rough_Rock
maybe not to you. others here value their money. speak for yourself!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do value my money! I just think that you are being silly! Whiteflash has done everything within their power to resolve this issue. How many successful transactions do you think they have in any one year? And we hear of maybe one or two having some slight problems. You have to put this into perspective!

Have a nice day!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe anyone would spend thousands of dollars and refuse to talk about it LOL boggles my mind to stubbornly rely solely on email. If there are COMMUNICATION problems, you seek a higher form of communication. Duh.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

I''m so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with WF. I do hope that you can still find beauty in the ring you got and move ahead with no regrets.
I just want to add that I went through WF to get my e-ring and more than once e-mails went into my spam filter but when I didn''t get them I thought that is what might have happened and I checked and there they were. I''m not saying you didn''t check or anything like that but just that they may even have gone in your trash can you never know.
However, I never dealt with Bob so I won''t speak about his customer service but the sales rep Katie is extremely nice and John is a nice guy I wanted to speak with him once during my purchase process and he called me long distance right before he boarded a flight home after having been travelling in the field for a few days. I thought that was really nice I myself like to talk so was happy to give my phone # for them to call me but I understand that you liked e-mail better.

All in all sorry again that this happened to you during what should be a fun and happy time hopefully you can move on and be happy despite the hiccup in the journey.

Take care

SBee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 11:50:22 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I can''t believe anyone would spend thousands of dollars and refuse to talk about it LOL boggles my mind to stubbornly rely solely on email. If there are COMMUNICATION problems, you seek a higher form of communication. Duh.

My thoughts exactly. There''s a certain amount of due diligence involved when making an expensive purchase. Even with the time difference, I''m sure WF has voicemail??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure what more you want than a fixed ring and a discount but ...

I will say that I think it''s totally unfair to ask for a discount in exchange for a
"positive story ending" or "happy ending" AND THEN NOT BE "HAPPY". Bait & switch. You got your discount AND you''re blasting the internet with your further complaints.

Is the revenge complete now?

richie5120

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 11:40:37 AM
Author: Maisie
I do value my money! I just think that you are being silly! Whiteflash has done everything within their power to resolve this issue. How many successful transactions do you think they have in any one year? And we hear of maybe one or two having some slight problems. You have to put this into perspective!

Have a nice day!
Perspective? tell that to WF! They should implement stricter quality control. I''ve only been a member here on Pricescope for a few months. I''ve already read another poster had a similiar issue with WF. You think after reading these post I''m going to have WF set my diamond? You think I''ll buy a ring from WF?
I''ll give them this much I would probably purchase a diamond from them!

Forums like this are to help educate consumers make the right decision. Buying a diamond/ring will be in most cases the 4th biggest financial transaction a consumer will make. If that was my ring deliverd to my house in that condition I''d have WF pay shipping both ways, refund all my money including the wire fees on both sides of the transaction. If they hesitated to do comply with my wishes I''d contact the BBB! Put yourself in this posters shoes and see how you''d like to spend a large amount of money only to have crap delivered to your front door!

Vendors that have issues with quality control and that let rings fly out their door in unsatisfactory condition/quality is just plain SILLY!

I just hate reading about the same Vendor with the same issues at hand, trust me it''s not a good sign!
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 1:01:58 PM

If that was my ring deliverd to my house in that condition I''d have WF pay shipping both ways, refund all my money including the wire fees on both sides of the transaction. If they hesitated to do comply with my wishes I''d contact the BBB! Put yourself in this posters shoes and see how you''d like to spend a large amount of money only to have crap delivered to your front door!
Well I can almost guarantee you that WF is probably happy that a customer like yourself would not want to use them.

So you''d have them refund your money, pay all shipping and wire fees ALONG WITH re-making your ring? For free? And if they didn''t you''d report them to the BBB? How nice!

I have been in this poster''s shoes before as have many PS''ers who bought online. No one is perfect and you do take a risk when undergoing a virtual transaction. Yes something went wrong with this transaction and it''s unfortunate. But it was fixed, and it appears to the customer''s satisfaction worksmanship wise.

I would never expect anyone to work for free...if they fix the problem and offer a discount then why isn''t that enough?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 1:01:58 PM

Date: 4/13/2007 11:40:37 AM

Have a nice day!
Perspective? tell that to WF! They should implement stricter quality control. I've only been a member here on Pricescope for a few months. I've already read another poster had a similiar issue with WF. You think after reading these post I'm going to have WF set my diamond? You think I'll buy a ring from WF?
I'll give them this much I would probably purchase a diamond from them!

Forums like this are to help educate consumers make the right decision. Buying a diamond/ring will be in most cases the 4th biggest financial transaction a consumer will make. If that was my ring deliverd to my house in that condition I'd have WF pay shipping both ways, refund all my money including the wire fees on both sides of the transaction. If they hesitated to do comply with my wishes I'd contact the BBB! Put yourself in this posters shoes and see how you'd like to spend a large amount of money only to have crap delivered to your front door!

Vendors that have issues with quality control and that let rings fly out their door in unsatisfactory condition/quality is just plain SILLY!

I just hate reading about the same Vendor with the same issues at hand, trust me it's not a good sign!
29.gif
Its up to you how you would resolve this problem if it happened to you. If you don't want to buy from Whiteflash then don't.

I live in the UK and will be buying my ring from the US. I have been in contact with Whiteflash for months and I am more than likely to go ahead with them. I am confident that if things go slightly wrong they will sort things out for me.

And as for your comment about the poster having 'crap' delivered to their door - I believe the head of the setting was very slightly offset. It hardly arrived in pieces.

You are very grumpy - didn't you sleep very well last night?
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, beating a dead horse comes to mind & I'm a dead horse beater!
2.gif

Edited to add b/c my comment wasn't very useful. What I meant is that the OP is never going to be happy until the fat lady sings - in this case Bob needs to have a bend over backwards apology. I don't know if he needs to - just the perception I get from the OP that he needs to.

dfm00

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 42px">Date: 4/13/2007 1:07:13 PM

You are very grumpy - didn''t you sleep very well last night?
9.gif
36.gif
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results