shape
carat
color
clarity

Communication with David Klass?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 Sincityfinds is making me an emerald and OEC diamond eternity. It should be done soon. I’ll let you know what I think. :wavey:
I agree with you, David could do this ring beautifully!

Oh I have to chime in here and say I love Diana. She's the best. Cannot wait to see your eternity and I hope you love it @Bonfire!

@kayla17 ask Diana (sincityfinds) if she can make this for you and if she says yes I would go for it! Good luck!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I have to chime in here and say I love Diana. She's the best. Cannot wait to see your eternity and I hope you love it @Bonfire!
I’m so glad you chimed in missy! Have you had anything made by her bench? From photos the pieces look great! Hope I love it too! :P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad you chimed in missy! Have you had anything made by her bench? From photos the pieces look great! Hope I love it too! :P2

You know you have too much bling when you cannot remember what piece but yes I do have something from her. I cannot remember what though :lol: but her pieces are exquisite. I drool all over her IG page.:P2
Fingers crossed you love what she is making you and I cannot wait to see you wearing and enjoying it.:appl:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@kayla17 ask Diana (sincityfinds) if she can make this for you and if she says yes I would go for it! Good luck!
Thank you! I really love it.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the threadjack everyone!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I really love it.
It’s a gorgeous design kayla! Your stone would look stunning in it! Things like this that really speak to us from our very first exposure, that is your gut and heart’s desire :kiss2:. Keep us posted!

EDA: OP, we are entering into the preholiday period now. I suppose David is very busy now. Don’t stop trying. But I see you started this back in August, humm...

Last edited:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious, what's the average turn around time for a custom setting if you (or others) don't mind sharing. Trying to decide if I should reach out for a quote or not to bother due to how busy they seem to be

I reached out to DK about a week ago, and he said appx. 30 days to completion. (Simpler project, no pave, no stone sourcing)

I had to send a follow up email about my first request for a quote, but once I did responded in a few hours. Still no response to my question about that quote buuuttt..... I think things are starting to heat up over there scheduling-wise.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, what's the average turn around time for a custom setting if you (or others) don't mind sharing. Trying to decide if I should reach out for a quote or not to bother due to how busy they seem to be
His turn around time is pretty fast. Once you decide on the final CADs, it’s literally within weeks. He’s made three things for me and each one (with the exception of this last one which was entirely my fault bc I didn’t want to mail my diamond out for various reasons- I was in the middle of jobs and then I was paranoid my diamond would get lost in the mail) took less than 2 weeks.
His prices are very reasonable as well and he really aims to please.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I've long admired David's work but am nervous about commissioning directly with him because I hear he's super busy and that communication can be hit or miss.
I’ve had pretty good communication with him. I remember emailing him and then I did call as well just once to make sure they got my email. I spoke to Amy.
For this setting I emailed him and he replied within a few hours.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I worked with David recently to do some resetting and repair work. Much different than a custom piece for sure but I was pleased the communication frequency and content. I appreciate the brief messages! I wouldn’t hesitate to work with him again in the future.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Yes please let me know! Im not in a rush at all since I just got my current in May, but when I saw this setting I just loved it.
I wonder who she uses for her bench work. To my knowledge, she is not a bench jeweler herself...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder too. @missy do you know who Diana uses?
Sorry again to get off topic.

I asked her and she said he only works with wholesale companies but she convinced him to work with her and it's no one anyone knows.

leidy shimizu

Rough_Rock
I wonder too. @missy do you know who Diana uses?
Sorry again to get off topic.
Hi, to answer your question he doesn't work for the public, he works with large orders for huge fine jewelry companies worldwide ( think the size of Lang's , Levy's) . I am all about offering good prices on my pieces. Somehow I convinced him to do small orders for me but I hope I can expand my made to order line in the future, I love the aesthetics of his work and the quality very much
Thank you. Thank you Missy ☺
Ps. David Klass made my first engagement ring!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s actually not Fay Cullen. It was an antique ring that was purchased from Fay Cullen. The IG vendor who can make the ring is sincityfinds. She just made the setting for someone on IG (i think she’s a PS member too) and I happened to see it so I inquired who made the setting. The person she made the setting for seems to be very pleased with her new setting so I decided to get a quote.
Sincityfinds quoted me $1300 for this setting in platinum. DK quoted me $2450.
I think it would be similar to the original except for some tweaks I want since sincityfinds has all the pictures and had the original. With David I would have to do CADs bc he never had the original to see. So we would be going off pictures.
I have asked David for quite a few quotes over the past few years and it seems like his pricing to replicate pieces he has made in the past is much better than on a new design he hasn’t made before. It’s just an observation I made, but could possibly explain the price difference you mentioned above.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
based on my limited interaction with DKJ and reading about the experiences of others they may not be the jeweler for you if you need consultation or a lot of interaction. while they design their jewelry as well the way they take on jobs is more like a fabricator and it helps to have a specific idea of what you want. good luck!

I agree 100% with this. I just finalized my CADs with him (waited 6 weeks for the first one because he was out of the country then everyone was sick.) and I can attest to the fact that he will make any changes you request, but they are not “designers.” You need to know what you want, and outline it explicitly. Pictures, drawings, bullet points, etc. My design was fairly simple, but I think it still took 8 CADs and lots of communication. When I asked for design help, I didn’t get what I was hoping for. Granted, this is my fault and in no way do I blame David. I just think this is helpful for others to know when going to him for a project.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would he do something simple like make my DBTY necklace into a bracelet instead? I never wear the necklace and I would definitely wear a bracelet.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would he do something simple like make my DBTY necklace into a bracelet instead? I never wear the necklace and I would definitely wear a bracelet.
Yes. He would. I’ve asked him for simpler things such as adding milgrain/etching to rings and adding a safety clasp to my bangle bracelet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. He would. I’ve asked him for simpler things such as adding milgrain/etching to rings and adding a safety clasp to my bangle bracelet.
Thanks! I think I will have a few projects after the holidays..He’ll probably be swamped then but he seems worth the wait.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve just googled David Klass communication and glad this came up. I emailed him several days ago along with other vendors. He’s the only one that hasn’t replied. He was my preferred but I am not sure I want to go with somebody with poor communication. I’m in a significantly different time zone too so calling not possible. I’m going to give him a bit longer as I know it’s thanksgiving week.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
I’ve done two rings with DK. I want to say first email did take a week or longer (plus you’re dealing with Thanksgiving right now) to get back, but once we started he project, he’d respond to email every two days like clockwork. May seem frustrating to some, but totally worth it to me when you consider quality and how competitive his pricing is.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve just googled David Klass communication and glad this came up. I emailed him several days ago along with other vendors. He’s the only one that hasn’t replied. He was my preferred but I am not sure I want to go with somebody with poor communication. I’m in a significantly different time zone too so calling not possible. I’m going to give him a bit longer as I know it’s thanksgiving week.

He’s very busy...and very nice...but it depends on what he has going on. Sometimes we’re emailing practically real time..others I wait a few days...I also don’t push him on an end date for anything. I just patiently wait because I want him..and no one else..He is very kind and thoughtful..but just extremely busy...

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually get very prompt replies to my emails but once in awhile, if I don't hear back in a few days, I just email again and I generally get an answer right away. I'm sure there are tons of emails going in and out and sometimes I think things just get lost in the shuffle.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If you haven't heard from Amy or David by early next week, I'd suggest sending another email. I'm also guessing the more precise and concise your initial email, the more likely a timely response.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
David is so kind and really wonderful to work with. Some email responses took longer than others, but I know he’s busy so I didn’t really count on any certain amount of time before he responded. With it being thanksgiving, I would give him time to respond before going with someone else. I think he is worth the wait!

Also, which email did you send it to? I used his gmail address, but there is an AOL one too? Not sure which one is checked more.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He’s very busy...and very nice...but it depends on what he has going on. Sometimes we’re emailing practically real time..others I wait a few days...I also don’t push him on an end date for anything. I just patiently wait because I want him..and no one else..He is very kind and thoughtful..but just extremely busy...

This....

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a very small transaction with him via the Etsy store, he was extremely quick to respond through that and a pleasure to deal with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results