shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Columbian emerald in halo by David Klass

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t take more pics as I’m no longer the owner. I ended up parting with it for another stone I couldn’t pass up. I try not to get too attached to any of them.

Kkjohnson, I’m not sure I’d do a cup again, tbh. Is there a particular reason you want to put one in? What type of stone, etc?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t take more pics as I’m no longer the owner. I ended up parting with it for another stone I couldn’t pass up. I try not to get too attached to any of them.

Kkjohnson, I’m not sure I’d do a cup again, tbh. Is there a particular reason you want to put one in? What type of stone, etc?

Its an inherited O/P colored diamond marquise but it has a odd faceting effect that gives the very middle of the stone an "eye" and David recommended a cup to help minimize the appearance. I have been thinking about it since it reminds me of the Eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings (not that I mind too much, its grown on me). But why would you not do another cup, what was it that you disliked?

20171009_104902.jpg

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KKJohnson -LOL, it does remind me of the eye!

Very cool stone though, thank you for sharing. Best of luck on your project.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its an inherited O/P colored diamond marquise but it has a odd faceting effect that gives the very middle of the stone an "eye" and David recommended a cup to help minimize the appearance. I have been thinking about it since it reminds me of the Eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings (not that I mind too much, its grown on me). But why would you not do another cup, what was it that you disliked?

20171009_104902.jpg

I guess I like as much light going through my CS as possible, plus the cleaning thing. I don’t know about the effects on a diamond, though, and admittedly, I’ve only done it once. I’d trust DK, though maybe you could ask him how complicated it would be to remove it if you don’t like the cup after the fact? Just as a backup plan?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely stunning. I just love David's pristine work. I've had two pieces made by him and bought another accessory piece and I can't wait to work with him again.

Wear it well and enjoy the heck out of it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results