color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2005 9:36:08 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Any of you like pearls? I have tons of freshwater pearls and some southsea as well. Maybe we need to start a thread on that.

Yes. Picasso had a Blue period. I had a Pearl period. My Pearl period consisted of about two years of reading about, buying, and writing about pearls. Now I have strands of pearls and pearl earrings in various boxes and I don''t even remember where I bought everything and what matches what! (Add to that that I somtimes keep my daughter''s pearls with mine and you may get the picture of the confusion!) I should probably take one of the (many) new jewelry boxes I just bought and dedicate it solely to pearls!

At first I wanted only Japanese Akoya cultured pearls, but as the Chinese improved on freshwater pearls, I really got interested in them. They, unlike Akoya pearls, are almost entirely nacre! if they can be grown round and with good lustre, they should be more valuable than Akoya pearls! With Akoya pearls one constantly has to think about nacre thickness!

I do not like South Sea pearls. They are too big for my taste. I also don''t like black or grey pearls, which are now so fashionable. Mine are all white or rose or peach. Traditional size, color, and shape.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not be averse to starting a pearl thread in the Colored Stones area. In fact, we could use it to cross reference a lot of different Pricescope threads on pearls. Here is one in which I participated:

Pearl Thread

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Little update on my ring.
aquahalodiaplattiffanyco.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2005 10:28:32 AM
Author: Matatora
Little update on my ring.

Update me, too, Matatora. What did you have done to it? It looks luscious.

Deb

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is the same as always, my father gave it to me for my 16th birthday, it is my birthstone with a diamond halo and platnium setting. It was purchased from Tiffany and Co SMTR thread here
colored stone thread.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora everytime I see your ring I start drooling!
30.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
OK so this isn''t an ering or anything but I see lots of people are just posting thier colored stones so here we go. Opal is my birthstone and for last valentines day my hubby got me this, not sure of the exact specs but it''s an emerald(sort of) cut opal in the center, emerald cut lab created pink sapphires on each side and in between those and the opal is a small row of diamond chips all set in white gold:
120587421.jpg

and since I can''t get a nicer pic of it on my hand, this is a photo of it the store had for it and I SWEAR it looks just like it !!!
120587420.jpg

Then I purchased these to wear with the ring, natural emerald cut pink sapphire earrings, with a diamond chip at the top:
120587424.jpg

Then for my bday this past Oct, my hubby got me this necklace that I fell in LOVE with. It''s a lab ceated pink sapphire, in a sort of emerald/assher cut, probably just a little under a carat and diamonds are set into the, well setting. He was upset when he comared it with my ring and earrings because it isn''t an exact match but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the vivid color!!!
120587430.jpg

Close up:
120587429.jpg

The neat "antiquey" side of the setting:
120587425.jpg

My pink ''preciouses''!
120587423.jpg

MrsS

Rough_Rock
This is my natural pink sapphire and diamond ring that DH gave to me on our wedding day. It is an antique plat setting with about 1.5 carats of diamonds. The setting originally held a 4 carat yellow diamond. I'll bet it was gorgeous with the diamond!!!!

pinksapp.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow....some serious pink eyecandy here...thanks, Devien and MrsS!
3.gif

MrsS...that big pink honker is LUSCIOUS!!! Yum!!

widget

MrsS

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! It was quite a surprise...we did pictures before the ceremony and he said to me (when he first saw me) "you look beautiful, but there is something missing. Hmmmmm Oh yes...this..." and presented me with the ring.
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, Mrs. S. Do you know more about this history of the ring? Can you imagine the lady who owned it with a 4 ct yellow? I bet that lovely!
30.gif

MrsS

Rough_Rock
I don''t have any more information other than it was a RHR and smaller than her e-ring!!!!!

blueberrygirl

Rough_Rock
I would like to add my e-ring, which I just received last week from my fiance!!
I don''t know the specs, however, I do know that the side diamonds are about 3mm and the sapphire is about 7mm, set in 18k yellow gold.

original thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-can-finally-post-pics.37958/

DSC01533.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful blueberrygirl!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
This is my Christmas present. It''s an 8x8 cushion cut checkerboard garnet with pave setting. It''s soooo pretty in person. Very ''estate/gothic'' and fits my personality really well. It throws off these beautiful red sparkles. It was very inexpensive and that makes even better! I have the matching necklace coming tomorrow.

garnetring.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous!! More pics and please pics of the necklace.

details too!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the matching necklace, the stone is the exact same as the ring...an 8x8 cushion cut checkerboard garnet. Taking pictures are a lot harder than you'd think, the color never comes out as clear as it is in person but I think you get the idea.

mrbowmont.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2006 1:33:09 PM
Author: makemepretty
This is my Christmas present. It''s an 8x8 cushion cut checkerboard garnet with pave setting. It''s soooo pretty in person. Very ''estate/gothic'' and fits my personality really well. It throws off these beautiful red sparkles. It was very inexpensive and that makes even better! I have the matching necklace coming tomorrow.

MMP I love your garnet pieces, esp the ring!
30.gif
Beautiful!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! Had these for a while but forgot to post.....

Silver earrings with pale blue topaz. They window slightly but have a checkerboard cut to minimise this. Bought from an ebay shop (will update when I find the details).

E3820CLOSURE.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Makemepretty, those are just beautiful! The design is wonderful, I really really like the shoulders! Would you mind sharing where you got those? They were just added to my wish list!

I wish you well,

Bridget

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my pink kunzite ring.

Kunzite - 7.38 ct
Diamond sides - 0.4 ctw

Kunzite1a.JPG

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Makemepretty-

Please don''t hate me for being a copycat, but I''ve GOT to get that ring!!!!! It''s the perfect V-day gift to myself (every year I buy myself something red to celebrate
3.gif
)

I''m ordering it next week at the latest- thanks for being a sweetheart and including the link. I hope it looks half as nice on my finger as it does on yours!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you enjoy your ring, it's really very lovely in person. I noticed it looks similar to a diamond ring in the newest Martha Stewart Wedding issue. My sister said 'Hey, that looks like your ring'. I told her I bet it cost thousands upons thousands more than my ring :)

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
This was my Christmas present.
1.gif

dc1edf7c.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, forgot to add it was a blue star sapphire and not a pink. That''s just a picture from where I got it.

I''ve never even heard of kunzite? It''s very pretty. Is it rare or just not mass-marketed?
33.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 4:28:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/19/2006 12:58:36 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Here''s my pink kunzite ring.

Kunzite - 7.38 ct
Diamond sides - 0.4 ctw
Where did you get your terrific ring?
Thanks, SanDiegoLady. It was custom-made by my jeweller. 99% of my stuff is from him. He''d bought the stone in Hong Kong and I then had him set it with 2 little pear diamond sides.

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Aquamarine (13+ carats) and sapphire ring in 18k white gold.

DSC02564.JPG

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Side view of the ring.

DSC02565.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results