shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrono''s Guess The Stone Game

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoor picture.

greencushion2A.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I''m thinking that''s the new tsav? Beautiful! I wish I wore green more.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These guessing games are not very challenging (like LovingDiamonds green Tanzanite we all had to guess the other day
33.gif
), but I love the pictures. Keep ''em coming!!
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE your collection. Your pictures make me want to buy NOW, but I'm afraid the stones I'm looking at are lower quality than yours. And I really haven't figured out how much money to spend on each stone. So I'm waiting and studying PS.

The last green one looks like GARNET to me.

ETA: I did not read MTG's post prior to my posting, so I hope I'm right and it's garnet!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG and Stone Hunter are CORRECT! It''s my new Swala tsavorite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pictures of the tsavorite and a newer stone in the background. I''m not sure why it looks washed out in the picture.

greenduo1A.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Chrono

Wow, what a difference a day makes - or in my case a week. You have such lovely stones, which of course we all knew, but your pictures are a revalation. You''ve made it look so easy and it belies the fact that you spent so much time working on it. I think we all need to say a big thank you for all your efforts on our behalf.

Once I''ve gotten caught up on what everyone has posted this week, the next thing I will do is do a search for cameras and techniques, so that I can improve on my photoshoots.

And hey, I did pretty good on guessing your stones. I did wonder if the pink spinel might have been a topaz, but other than that I was spot on. As to your mysytery stone - is it an aqua?

Go Chrono!!

taverymuch.gif
rockon2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Gailey. I''m glad you and everyone else appreciate the effort. Perhaps the others have an easier time than me, and hopefully that is the case. No, it isn''t an aqua. Another picture for everyone:

greenduo2A.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!

Thank you for working on your photos and posting them. I''m working on my gem skills. I do love your entire collection. What vendor did you get that Tsav from?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 10:22:50 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

YES!!

Thank you for working on your photos and posting them. I''m working on my gem skills. I do love your entire collection. What vendor did you get that Tsav from?
From Eric of www.swalagemtraders.com His pictures are horrible. Trust me on this. The stones are much nicer in person.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 10:21:19 AM
Author: Chrono
Thank you, Gailey. I''m glad you and everyone else appreciate the effort. Perhaps the others have an easier time than me, and hopefully that is the case. No, it isn''t an aqua. Another picture for everyone:
OK, it''s a bit greener here than the last shot. Is it a merelani mint garnet?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 10:37:24 AM
Author: Gailey

Date: 4/23/2009 10:21:19 AM
OK, it''s a bit greener here than the last shot. Is it a merelani mint garnet?
Wahoo! You''ve got it. It''s another difficult one to shoot because the tsavorite makes it look so washed out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m keeping with the green theme. This one should be very easy to guess.

greenearring1A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A slightly different angle showing some translucency.

greenearring2A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 11:10:33 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Jade cabs?
Too easy.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More earrings in a different colour.

redearring1A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side view to show the setting. I like how it maximizes the side view so when I wear it and the stone moves, I don''t see the basket, just the pavilion of the stone.

redearring2A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dangles are removeable so I can interchange gemstones.

ETA
I don't know why they look purplish red. They are actually very very slightly orangish red.

redearring3A.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They kind of look like rubellite tourmalines from the photos.
Although if their actually more orange in person, then maybe garnet?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
If they are not rubellites, then I would guess rhodolites?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No purple at all in the stone, if that helps. Just a hint of orange with the red colour.
Not tourmalines nor garnets. Sorry but no cigars this time.
3.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I have really enjoyed looking at your stones! I haven''t been able to read all the details yet ( busy day) and need to go back and read everything. That new tsav is beautiful and the pink spinel pictured next to it too. Did you post the matching pink spinel pair yet?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 11:55:40 AM
Author: innerkitten
Chrono, I have really enjoyed looking at your stones! I haven''t been able to read all the details yet ( busy day) and need to go back and read everything. That new tsav is beautiful and the pink spinel pictured next to it too. Did you post the matching pink spinel pair yet?
Thanks. Ummm...I sure don''t mind a matching pink spinel pair but unfortunately, I don''t have any.
31.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh. I thought you had some recut as asschers by Jeff? Oh well. I love the earring charm idea by the way. Nice red color on those.

P.S.
That heirloom ring is lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 12:05:22 PM
Author: innerkitten
Oh. I thought you had some recut as asschers by Jeff? Oh well. I love the earring charm idea by the way. Nice red color on those.

P.S.
That heirloom ring is lovely.
That''s just a single pink spinel which will be coming up soon. Thanks.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, running out of options here. Do you have any more shots? How about sapphires?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, that''s all I have. I just could not capture the true colour. It''s really not that hard - here''s a hint. I collect this family of stones more than anything else.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:16:49 AM
The dangles are removeable so I can interchange gemstones.

ETA
I don''t know why they look purplish red. They are actually very very slightly orangish red.
Flame spinels?

Love, love, love your pictures and your collection!
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Zircons?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results