shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrono''s Guess The Stone Game

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 1:41:10 PM
Author: Chrono
This is the last series of pictures. It should also be one of the easiest. I like this one for the accuracy of colour.
Ouch, I wasn''t wearing my sunglasses!! I think I burnt out my retinas!
3.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 10:06:45 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/23/2009 1:41:10 PM
This is the last series of pictures. It should also be one of the easiest. I like this one for the accuracy of colour.
Ouch, I wasn''t wearing my sunglasses!! I think I burnt out my retinas!
3.gif

No kidding! What a beautiful blazing fireball!! That ring is stunning too! I like your pink spinel ring! SWOON! What an AMAZING collection you have Chrono! Is this more? Should I get popcorn??
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL. Sorry, but sunglasses are not included in the "tour".
11.gif

Cushioncutnut, I''m afraid that''s the end of the "tour". I''m glad you enjoyed it though. Do come back again.
3.gif

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono,

I''m amazed about the color of the blue spinels, which don''t seem to show any gray. I really like the pink cushion spinel, and the Swala tsavorite. Did you know that swala means "antelope" in swahili? The intensity and color of your amethyst and red spinel earrings are so fine!

Your pictures of the rings in the case is very sharp and detailed. I assume you are in the close-up mode. Do you have the instruction manual for your camera? If you read it, you may find that the close up mode is only sharp in a range, say of 5" to 10".

I''m sure you are aware that close up of the spessartite ring is not. The reason is that you probably got very close to the ring, much too close for the camera to focus, perhaps two inches away. I''m just trying to help, and make you aware of not putting the camera closer than it''s closest focus distance.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t get a chance to guess. Pout. Chrono, I love that Tsavorite and Spessartite.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 11:11:07 PM
Author: Harriet
I didn''t get a chance to guess. Pout. Chrono, I love that Tsavorite and Spessartite.
2.gif
So sorry, everyone was too quick and too good. Thanks. I think that tsavorite was worth every penny, the same with the spess.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zeolite,
You are very kind - to get such a compliment for a person who has seen a lot of fine quality gemstones is giving me an ego boost.
9.gif
Your hints and tips made a big difference, hence the much better and clearer pictures that are decent enough to post.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:13:27 PM

Date: 4/23/2009 11:11:07 PM
Author: Harriet
2.gif
So sorry, everyone was too quick and too good. Thanks. I think that tsavorite was worth every penny, the same with the spess.
Remember the pineapple?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I''d rather forget it.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t let you.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see that.
25.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 2:13:41 PM
Sorry there’s no close up picture due to my aversion of the wrinkly finger syndrome.
9.gif
Holy cow! This is one freakin'' awesome spess.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Love the spess, love the tsav, love amethysts, love jades and love the heirloom ring! Great collection!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Cinnamon and Ma Re. Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, your stones are gorgeous and yay you have a camera for capturing these beauties
30.gif
36.gif
Love your collection
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I missed all the fun
8.gif

Mind you, it was fun guessing on my own anyway! I only got stuck with one so I''m giving myself a silver star anyway!

Lovely collection Chrono. The spess is a retina burner as TL said - truly fandabidozy! I adore the blue spinels. I''ve got to say that having no grey makes them really special.

Seriously gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Skippy and LD. Anyone can still play the game because the answer is always a few posts below the picture.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful collection Chrono! I remember way back when you beat the others to the chase on those ACS red spinel pair, they are quite nice. I must admit though that your bright green tsav and orange juice spess are my favorites. That green is what my mind''s eye color for Tsav should be, despite the market preferences... that stone ought to look vibrant green in most light environments I would wager.

Keep up the good work
10.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SS. I just purchased a cobalt spinel and need to take a picture of my other 2 ct cobalt spinel so pictures should be forthcoming in a few weeks. Your collection is awesome too.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Um...chrono....will you be my best friend??? Yes, you will?? Great, let''s play in your jewelry box!!!!!!!!!!

Just a stunning and breath taking collection. Enjoy them all. Thanks for sharing!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results