shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago area GTG and gem show on May 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hi bec! There will probably be sapphires there...I remember seeing some last time. For me though, I''d want to know as much as possible about them before buying at a gem show...especially for your ering! If you''re not too concerned about flawless quality (for lack of a better term), I''m sure you could find a stone. At the very least it would be a good place for you two to look at a lot of different stones and see what you like, so hopefully we''ll see you there!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi bec! As Irish mentioned, I probably wouldn't buy anything truly valuable at the gem show unless you really know what you're getting, or if there was a return caveat so that you would have the opportunity to get it checked out by an independent appraiser.

Glad you came out of lurkdom and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumpity bump!

I''m out for the rest of the day, but wanted to get this back toward the top.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go after all.
7.gif
But it's for a better reason than my dog!

FI is leaving for the summer to go work at a really lucrative internship that he loves. They pay amazingly well and they offer him better job offers every summer. Plus it's in the Bay Area where we would love to move after grad school, so he really can't turn it down. It stinks because I have to spend my summer without him here, but we're looking toward the future and sucking it up. Last summer I went with him, but we just couldn't work it out this summer with our dog and my job.

Anyway, FI was planning on leaving today to drive out thinking he would get there just in time to start work on Monday. BUT my silly fiance did not think about the fact that Monday was MEMORIAL DAY so the lab where he works would be closed! So that means I get one more day with him, and he won't be leaving until tomorrow afternoon instead.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I hope to make it to the next one though!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak, sorry to hear you won''t be able to make it, but DO enjoy the extra time with you FI!!! I think that''s a very valid reason not to come tomorrow! We''ll catch you at the next GTG, hopefully Blen and others can make it too.

OK, random question: anyone know if there are cicadas in Rosemont? If we are sitting outside at Harry Carey''s I''m bringing bug spray...I totally was assaulted by one at my house two days ago and OMG it freaked me out beyond words. Blech.
23.gif

bec

Rough_Rock
I will not be able to meet you for lunch, a work conflict came up. But bf and I are going to try to go to the show later in the afternoon just to look around, look at sizes, cuts, colors... all that fun stuff.

I was in Rosemont 2 days ago and there were no cicadas where I was at...

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sniff, snif....

I will not be able to make it. I kept trying to arrange my schedule of things to do this weekend for it - but admitted late afternoon that there were more important things.

I will be traveling to Madison on Sunday to help my parents - and there stuff that I have to get done before then (like it will help on Sunday).

I can''t sqeeze in 6.5 - 7 hours of driving (3.25 hours + each way), the gem show, and get this stuff done.

I''ll miss ya all....

Hopefully, things with my parents will be in much better shape in December.

There is a Gem show in the Twin Cities on the weekend of June 9 (I got that card in the mail too) as I visited it last year. It is about 1/2 the size of Chicago; but still pretty interesting (at one of the buildings at MN State Fair Park).

Perry

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
How long do you think lunch will last? I ask b/c I may not be able to meet for lunch but definitely want to meet for the gem show. Problem is that I have some things in the morning and I just don''t know how long they''ll take. Should be done by 1ish though so I thought maybe I could meet you guys at the door of the show.
Will it be too crowded? Is there anyway to plan that w/o putting phone #''s on here??

I don''t know, what do you guys think? Hopefully I''m not writing this post too late to be seen!
40.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for those of you who can''t make it--we will miss you!!!

Dixie, my guess is that we will be finishing up lunch at Harry Carey''s at 1:00 so the best plan might be to meet us there if you can swing it? Let me know if that timing works for you and we''ll make a point to stay until then.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
DJ, that''s a good idea! Let''s plan for that. I''ll either meet you at 1 or come earlier if things finish up earlier.

Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK kids, I'm off to pick up a client, but I'll see you all in a few hours!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I hate to say this, but I woke up this morning feeling like absolute crap....my sinuses are all yucked up and I have a wee bit of a headache from going out with my girl friend last night. I''m so sorry for the late notice but I may not make it out there today. I took some Advil and hope to be feeling better quickly but the sinus/allergy thing could be a major problem because I still can''t blow my nose because of the surgery I had a few weeks ago! TMI, I know! I just don''t wanna walk around the gem show all drippy! ARGH!

I will still try to make it, but I do apologize now if you all don''t see me today. Hopefully someone sees this post so you''re not searching for me if I do fail to meet you all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, so sorry you couldn't make it--we missed you!!!

It was a wonderful bling filled day, as the gem shows always are! Catmom, Irish Angel, Dixie and I met at Harry Cary's and then went to the show (yes, LOL, *I* drove!). We each got a little something to satisfy our bling needs. Here are the best photo I could get in the lousy lighting.

Irish Angel and got yellow gold studs (which were surprisingly hard to find!); Dixie got mystic topaz earrings and a bracelet, a yellow gold chain, and some red coral earrings; Catmom got a diamond and pink sapphire eternity band; and I got two tiny diamond eternity bands to flank my current channel set one. (I was considering getting two shared prong ternity bands of 5 pointers but I must say the ones the girls talked me into are really growing on me--not to mention I saved a couple of grand by going this route!)

Oh, and for those of you endless skeptics, let me just say we saw an OVAL DIAMOND IN A RECTANGULAR HALO and it looked marvelous!
16.gif

the goods 10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second pic.

the goods 20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The obligatory group shot (the security guard we coerced into taking out photo was not the greatest picture taker... )

gem show girls0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I can''t resist a few pics of my stacked bands!

new bands 10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are fun with a plain white gold band in the middle too. Nothing is as wonderful a new versitle jewelry, LOL!

(Irish, Dixie and Catmom, please feel free to post any pics you have too, especially close ups of the new goods!)

new bands 20001.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, you look like you all had a blast! Nice group photo and lovely jewlery!!!
9.gif
You rings look perfect on you hand
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good looking gals, and the jewelry looks fab too!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, I thought you were going straight for a nap, DJ! I had a blast even with the pain. After several motrin and a few glasses of wine I''m good to go again. Here''s a pic of my tiny pink sapphire and diamond eternity band. I''m really getting into the stacked look.

cmspnketernity.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, your rings look fabulous together!

The nap got ixnayed because the HH said dinner was forthcoming rather soon when I got home. (He lied LOL--chicken always takes longer to cook than he thinks it will, but I decided to stay up and just go to bed early.)

widget

Ideal_Rock
My goodness...what an attractive group of women!!!

Sounds like you had a great time, and I love it that everyone got a goody.

Those bands are great!!! I''ve always loved the stacked look....

Any more pictures??
3.gif

widget

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Great new finds! Looks like a great time!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom,
gorgeous rings!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
It was another lovely time!!! Monnie, I hope you''re feeling better. We were hoping you''d be able to make it for your big emerald purchase! I have a few decent pictures...here are Catmom''s and DJ''s eternity bands...very blurry but I like the sparkles!

blurrybands.JPG

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
And here is my grand purchase for the day...the incredibly expensive yg studs we searched high and low for.
2.gif

irishstuds1.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irish, those are just PERFECT on your ears! I''m so glad you held out for those and didn''t get the first ones that were bigger.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom, your new sapphire band looks wonderful! And DJ, I'm glad your bands are growing on you. They frame your fabulous wb so much better than the others did! I decided on the drive home that in August I am definitely purchasing the ruby eternity ring...who wants to join me? =) I don't know why I didn't just get it today...probably because I was so preoccupied with finding those earrings! Here's one more pic with the flash...I couldn't decide which turned out better so I'm posting both!

irishstuds2.JPG

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dee! I'm glad I didn't get the bigger ones too. I was worried we wouldn't find any others though!

I forgot to add that Catmom's calla cut pendant is DIVINE!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks, Irish and Skippy!! Those studs are the perfect size on you, Irish. I am so glad that we finally were able to find them. Lol, on the ruby eternity band. I''m with you on that though maybe not the ruby one. I did spy a green one that looked interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results