shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago area GTG and gem show on May 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids, it''s that time again! Anyone up for a little GTG and adventure out to the gem show on the 26th in Rosemont? We could do it like we have the past two times--lunch first then go to the show--or any other ideas are most welcome.

When you''re thinking about this BTW don''t foget that it''s the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
sorry to miss it.

btw...heard or seen Perry lately?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ira, now that you mentino it I haven''t heard a peep out of Perry for quite some time now. Hmmm.... wonder what mischief he''s up to!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh that sounds like fun! Maybe I''ll drive down from Wisconsin if you get a group together to go...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak, that would be great! Last time, which was in December, we had 5 PSers, and the more the merrier!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep me updated! I''m in Madison, so it''s not too bad of a drive. And who can say no to a gem show?

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Let me make sure that my inlaws are not planning on dedicating a brass-plated toilet to an art gallery or something like that during that weekend -- I couldn''t make it last time and would love to finally meet everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m definitely interested! I should be feeling up to par by then (I had surgery a little over a week ago), and would love to come out and explore the endless aisles of bling again, December was so much fun! I think DH is OOT that day for golf so it won''t be too hard for me to get away for the afternoon. So count me in unless something comes up!

BTW, haven''t heard from Perry here for a few months now...hopefully he will chime in, he was a fun contributor last time!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and can we find a better restaurant nearby with a better parking situation, LOL!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I might be able to make this one. What restaurant did you choose last time?
Do they have reasonably priced stuff there too, like maybe I could find unique bridesmaid gifts??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jas, if your in-laws ARE dedicating a brass plated toilet to an art gallery tell them it HAS to involve some sort of bling. Perhps a danburiet crusted flusher or something!

Monnie, a better restaurant?!? You mean you didn''t ENJOY that experience? As for a different parking situation--how could you??? I though you ENJOYED our drive around the parking lot!

Dixie, the restaurant we went to last time is not one we''re ever going to again, LOL. And there is PLENTY of stuff to choose from--maybe some semi precious earrings or pendants for the BMs?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun, everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, come join us!!! It''s a quick cheap flight away and I''ll even pick you up at the airport!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tempting, but you might be an axe-murderer, remember?
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh THAT'S right -- thanks for reminding me Harriet! I am almost CERTAINLY an axe-murder, or an axe murderer in training at the very least!

(For anyone who has no idea what thread we are referring to, let me assure you I am most DEFINITELY NOT an axe murder, LOL!)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

We really should have a general PS get-together.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously! We could get in so much trouble (in a good way, of course)!
11.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just the 2 of us could cause trouble.
29.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
COULD?!? Most certainly WOULD!?!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come to NY sometime!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
not going too be able too make it :{

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2007 10:07:16 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
jas, if your in-laws ARE dedicating a brass plated toilet to an art gallery tell them it HAS to involve some sort of bling. Perhps a danburiet crusted flusher or something!

Monnie, a better restaurant?!? You mean you didn''t ENJOY that experience? As for a different parking situation--how could you??? I though you ENJOYED our drive around the parking lot!

Dixie, the restaurant we went to last time is not one we''re ever going to again, LOL. And there is PLENTY of stuff to choose from--maybe some semi precious earrings or pendants for the BMs?
ROFL! Can we just find a restaurant/parking area which allows us to eat non-cafeteria style and enjoy each other''s company and bling without worrying over parking? LOL!!! I loved the shenanigans last time but seriosuly, there has to be something better over in Rosemont land, hee hee. I would even opt for a chain restaurant, seriously...
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2007 9:45:12 PM
Author: dixie94
Oooh, I might be able to make this one. What restaurant did you choose last time?
Do they have reasonably priced stuff there too, like maybe I could find unique bridesmaid gifts??
Dixie, I''m 99% sure you''ll be able to find something and I will make it my mission that day to help you!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2007 10:19:56 PM
Oh THAT''S right -- thanks for reminding me Harriet! I am almost CERTAINLY an axe-murder, or an axe murderer in training at the very least!

(For anyone who has no idea what thread we are referring to, let me assure you I am most DEFINITELY NOT an axe murder, LOL!)
DeeJay is the farthest thing from an axe murderer any of you could ever imagine, trust me.
20.gif
She''s just another one of those crazy women who loves bling and it shows, lol!!!!
2.gif
3.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2007 2:58:26 AM
Author: monarch64

Oh THAT''S right -- thanks for reminding me Harriet! I am almost CERTAINLY an axe-murder, or an axe murderer in training at the very least!

DeeJay is the farthest thing from an axe murderer any of you could ever imagine, trust me.
20.gif
She''s just another one of those crazy women who loves bling and it shows, lol!!!!

2.gif
3.gif

Thanks for the ringing endorsement Monnie!

And yes, we will find a different restaurant. There is a Harry Carrey''s very close to the convention center that Catmom and Blenheim and I met at for the fall show last year. It was a nice place with decent food (that we didn''t have to deliver to our table by ourselves, LOL) and maybe we could try that again.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/search-venues.front?name=&attributeType=mmx-cuisine&attribute-mmx-meals-served=mmx-meals-served-Lunch&regComm=C%3Ammx-rosemont

I don''t know if this link will work since it''s so darned long but it''s from www.metromix.com. Once you go there, go to Restaurants and you can search for restaurants in Rosemont. This link is what it came up with. There are a few in hotels and a couple of others listed.

Maybe it will help.

DJ and Monarch, thanks! I''ve always wanted to go to a gem show and now I have an even better reason. I''m not 100% sure I can make it but I think so.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh, and we''re to just take your word on that?

*raises eyebrow*

9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Ellen, if we don''t hear from you for a while ...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*laughing*

Yeah, you''ll know who to look up. Or, will you.....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay,
I''m sorry I revived this whole thing, especially after you were kind enough to offer to pick me up at O''Hare.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results