shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago area GTG and gem show on May 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, Monie, Dixie and anyone else who goes be sure to post lots of pics, please. It sounds like so much FUN!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in for Harry Carey''s if everyone else is...unless someone else has a better suggestion! Can''t wait to see you all again and meet some new people hopefully!

BTW, this time I will not be wearing 3.5 inch heels. LOL!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, Harry Carey's was actually pretty good. It wasn't an option for the last show though becuase I needed to find a completely non-smoking facility for Perry. Hopefully he'll check in soon and let us know if he's coming because if so I'll dig around some more and see if I can't find another--BETTER--non-smoking option for this GTG.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Alright kids...I was out of town this weekend but I'm in! I love love love harry's, and there's also a Ram right around the corner. But yeah, that food last time was so not worth $18 for parking! I vote DJ drives again! And Monnie honey, thanks for leaving the heels at home this time. Us shorties don't need to look even shorter! ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2007 10:39:44 PM
Author: IrishAngel
Alright kids...I was out of town this weekend but I''m in! I love love love harry''s, and there''s also a Ram right around the corner. But yeah, that food last time was so not worth $18 for parking! I vote DJ drives again! And Monnie honey, thanks for leaving the heels at home this time. Us shorties don''t need to look even shorter! ;-)
Yay!
36.gif
(and lol on the heels!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bumping this thread up so the other Chicago folks have a chance to see it.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww.... you discovered one of my secrets. Mischief maker...
31.gif

At least I''m not up to the axe murderer level ! (whew..)
17.gif

I''ll note it on the calandar - but no guarantees at this point.

It''d be a great day - and be able to see a bunch of you all.
35.gif

Not sure what I''d buy at this point - and yes I still use the kalidascope.
1.gif

I''ve been spending a lot of time with - or resolving issues with - my elderly parents. Last weekend I took the car away (and left them $275 in cab fare coupons, with a promise of that every month). Trust me that it was needed (and a neighbor told me that it was about time). But it made for a tough weekend.

Perry

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perry, thanks for checking in! Let me know as soon as you know if you''re coming so I can explore some more smoke free restaurant options. I think we all agree that that last experience was rather grim, LOL!

Sorry to hear about your weekend with the parents, but you are a good son for doing the responsible thing even though it was very difficult.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
We''re attending a good friend''s college graduation on the same day, but otherwise we''d definitely be there. I hope that everybody has a great time!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen, so sorry to hear you can make it. BTW, I see that you replaced Dillan with your rings in your avatar--congrats again!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this back up for the midwesterners who haven''t seen it yet.

Let me know who all is in so I can make arrangemnts with the restaurant. I''ll post the address and all that other good stuff later in the week. What time is good for everyone? Maybe meet at 12:00 for lunch and then go to the show aftewards?

P.S. - Blen, I mean''t sorry you CAN''T make it, not can. Sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain, LOL.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
The in-laws expect us over...so I will definitely propose a summer stroll down Michigan Avenue to anyone interested.

I can''t wait to hear all the gory details! Sorry I can''t make it...I''ve been wanted to put faces with avatars for a long time!

Jackie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DJ, I''m hoping to be able to make it so count me in for now please.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still in...do we know where we''re going?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irish, I''m thinking Harry Carey''s, which is just down the street about a mile from the convention center. The food is pretty good and they were nice about accommodating the group when we did this two gem shows ago.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harry Caray''s would certainly provide another oportunity for Dee*Jay to demonstraight her ability to provide transportation to the event....

Although I have to admit that I am wondering how it could possibly top last December''s experience..
2.gif

Such a memory - such laughter and good times.

As for my schedule. Not making any committments at this time (a lot will depend on my parents situation - and if I have to go to Madison which is 3 hours away).

If you don''t here from me by Wed that I am comming for sure... Make whatever plans you will. I am sure that I can always find you if I come later.

I''ll sure miss all if I can''t make it.

Perry

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to try and make it, but FI will be out of town so I need to find someone to check in on our dog first.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE Harry''s! Yay! Are we still thinking about noon-ish? Hope you can make it Perry and Neatfreak!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perry, do you have my card from the last gem show? My cell phone # is on there if you do, and that way if you have to come later you can always call and we'll meet by the steps of the show or something. As for my driving, it was such a hit last time that this week I'm charging for TICKETS to get in the car with me!

Neatfreak, I hope you can find someone to check in on your pooch! The whole thing probably wouldn't take TOO long though; lunch at noon and then 3-4 hours at the show so depending on where you live you probably wouldn't be gone ALL that long.

Irish, remind me not to get the pulled pork sandwich this time! It was delish, but man what a ton of food. It sat there like a brick the whole time I was walking around the show... And noonish is good for me if it's good for everyone else.

Jas, I think a summer stroll down Michigan would be great! A flock of PSers decending upon Graff, Tiffanys, Van Cleef, etc., would certainly put the fear of god in those hoity toity jewelry store people!

Catmom, you HAVE To come--I'm DYING to see that new pendant!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 11:54:10 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Perry, do you have my card from the last gem show? My cell phone # is on there if you do, and that way if you have to come later you can always call and we''ll meet by the steps of the show or something. As for my driving, it was such a hit last time that this week I''m charging for TICKETS to get in the car with me!

Neatfreak, I hope you can find someone to check in on your pooch! The whole thing probably wouldn''t take TOO long though; lunch at noon and then 3-4 hours at the show so depending on where you live you probably wouldn''t be gone ALL that long.

Irish, remind me not to get the pulled pork sandwich this time! It was delish, but man what a ton of food. It sat there like a brick the whole time I was walking around the show... And noonish is good for me if it''s good for everyone else.

Jas, I think a summer stroll down Michigan would be great! A flock of PSers decending upon Graff, Tiffanys, Van Cleef, etc., would certainly put the fear of god in those hoity toity jewelry store people!

Catmom, you HAVE To come--I''m DYING to see that new pendant!!!

I live in Madison, WI, so it''s a whole day trip for me. But who can say no to some bling esp. when your FI is out of town???
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak, oh I didn't realize how far you were coming! I hope you can find someone to check on your pup because the gem show is always a great time and we would all love to meet you in person. Plus if you end up buying a thing (or three!) you can always blame the PSer's bad influence and your FI will have to understand!
11.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone going to the show if you go to the show website you can get a $1.00 off admission coupon. Not that it''s a lot off, but hey it''s $1 more that can be spent on some bling!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak:

I understand the all day thing... You live about an hour closer to the show than I do.

Dee*Jay: I don''t recall you giving me a card. But I do recall writing your cell # down. I was going to look to see if I could find it. On the other hand - I may have given you my card or something else with a phone number, etc, on it.

Let me see what I can do to find things. Of course, my parents first if they need me on Saturday. Of course - If I''m going to Madison for my parents then in theory I could check on Neatfreaks dog. Unfortunately - that''d be tough to arrange.

Perry

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I got what you meant, Dee Jay.
1.gif
And thanks for the congratulations.

Do you know if there are any gem shows later this summer?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen, this year there are shows in late August (what a coincidence--right before my birthday!) and another one in early December (very useful for those laste minute holiday gifts, LOL!).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perry you are so kind!!! I''m pretty sure I can find someone to check in on him, but being a holiday weekend many of my friends are out of town.

My best friend in town who usually checks in on him when we''re gone LOVES sparklies too, so if I ask her I can''t tell her that I''m going to a gem show or else I''ll lose my dogsitter!
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 9:20:58 AM
Author: Catmom
For anyone going to the show if you go to the show website you can get a $1.00 off admission coupon. Not that it''s a lot off, but hey it''s $1 more that can be spent on some bling!

Also, if you subscribe to Gems & Jewlry magazine there is a coupon on page 32 of the latest issue for two free admissions to the show. I''m with Michelle -- the more $ that can be spent on bling the better!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As of right now I've got Dixie, Monarch, Irish Angel and Catmom, with Neatfreak and Perry as "maybes".

Here is info for Harry Caray's: It's at 10233 West Higgins Road in Rosemont (847-699-1200). Even though we're planning on a noon(ish) meeting they don't take reservations for lunch on Saturdays so I'll get there around 11:30 when they open and tell them we're the "Price" party. If the weather is good and the outdoor patio is cute that's where I'll request that we be seated.

The convention center is at 5555 N. River Road in Rosemont (about 2 miles from the restaurant). Phone # 847-692-2220. It's right down the road from the restaurant.

Anybody else? Certainly there must be more Chicagoans that want to go and buy some bling this weekend?!?!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds good! I''ll try to get there between 11:30 and 12 also. Remind me to print that coupon!
2.gif

bec

Rough_Rock
My bf and I are in the process of looking for a loose sapphire for my e-ring. He had the idea to go to the gem show and take a look around and see if we can find "the stone". Would the gem show be a good place for us to look? We are very uneducated in the gem department (except for my PS knowledge!) will the show be over our heads? We are looking for a smaller 5-7mm loose stone, I like the untraditional sapphire colors, is this something that willl be sold at the show? Is there anything we should look out for or be aware of? If you think that we might have luck finding something then count 2 of us in for lunch. I am a med. time lurker and would love to meet you and absorb some sage wisdom
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results