shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago area GTG and gem show on May 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You girlies look fab! And lovely purchases too......but it is too weird seeing these new bands stacked by DJ's eternity ring....tonight I am sitting in the theatre waiting for Pirates to start and my RH asscher eternity ring is sparkling like mad (great lighting!!)....so for the first time it occurs to me that two small bands would look great stacked on either side'......but I cannot decide which would look better; channel, pave or prong set...what are the odds, I read this thread when I get home..... (twilight music...)

cheers--Sharon

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad ya had a bling bling time!
wish I could have made it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh you gals look great. so glad everyone found a new sparkle something too.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad y''all had a great time! Sounds like a blast!

Hope we can all get together on Michigan Avenue this summer!

Jackie

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! It''s great you all got a little something. I love those eternity rings!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry I wasn''t able to make it! I actually ended up going to the urgentcare clinic yesterday afternoon and found out I had a lovely sinus infection. I got a z-pack out of it and should be back to feeling better in the next few days ( a plus because I return to work on Tuesday after being off for almost a month). I''m very sad I missed out on all the bling and meeting Dixie, and of course seeing DeeJay, catmom, and Irish again. I''m looking forward to the next gem show either in August or December, though, I will definitely mark my calendar so I don''t miss the next one!

Irish, DH and I decided to hold off on the big ol'' emerald for a bit...most of my surgery and orthodontia has been out of pocket and that has cut into the fund for big jewelry purchases for now. Plus as far as buying a piece like that at the gem show, I don''t know if that would have been such a great idea. It would''ve been fun to try on some big rocks with him, too bad he was OOT anyway and couldn''t have come with just to get some ideas.

Great pics everyone! Everything you guys purchased is so pretty! Dixie, I love the bracelet and earrings, will you wear them as your "something blue" for your wedding, or are they just for fun?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2007 11:34:00 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

You girlies look fab! And lovely purchases too......but it is too weird seeing these new bands stacked by DJ's eternity ring....tonight I am sitting in the theatre waiting for Pirates to start and my RH asscher eternity ring is sparkling like mad (great lighting!!)....so for the first time it occurs to me that two small bands would look great stacked on either side'......but I cannot decide which would look better; channel, pave or prong set...what are the odds, I read this thread when I get home..... (twilight music...)

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you should definitely go play around with some stacking band ideas and see what you like with yours! I wore the three bands around yesterday and it was so much fun--and definitely more bling than just the one band together. I think when the next gem show comes in August I'm going to get some with color to stack too. They were so inexpensive that it's a great way to feed the Bling Monster Within without emptying the bank account, LOL!

Monnie, I hope you're feeling better. A sinus inflection is so totally not fun, and I really feel for you. And you have the bring your DH to the next show--even if you don't buy anything it'd be fun to see his reaction to those big ol' emeralds on your hand!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting the pictures DJ! I had a fun time. It was nice meeting everyone and seeing all that jewelry.. I think I''m still a bit overwhelmed at the quantity.
Monarch, sorry you couldn''t make it too! Hope you''re feeling better soon. I hadn''t even thought of wearing the earrings and bracelet for the wedding day. Thanks for the idea. I forgot that I also bought some strands of pearls to make a necklace that I''ll post pics of. Those were stashed away in my purse and completely forgot about them when we were taking the pics.
I still have to figure out what to buy the bm''s but I still have time.
The most fun for me was seeing so many different designs of diamond pendants and earrings b/c I have a much better idea of what to do w/the diamonds from my grandmother''s ring now.

Off to do some more packing. I move on Wednesday!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like you gals had a great time!! Thanks for showing pictures, it''s always fun to see all of the bling.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2007 10:30:59 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 5/26/2007 11:34:00 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

You girlies look fab! And lovely purchases too......but it is too weird seeing these new bands stacked by DJ''s eternity ring....tonight I am sitting in the theatre waiting for Pirates to start and my RH asscher eternity ring is sparkling like mad (great lighting!!)....so for the first time it occurs to me that two small bands would look great stacked on either side''......but I cannot decide which would look better; channel, pave or prong set...what are the odds, I read this thread when I get home..... (twilight music...)

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you should definitely go play around with some stacking band ideas and see what you like with yours! I wore the three bands around yesterday and it was so much fun--and definitely more bling than just the one band together. I think when the next gem show comes in August I''m going to get some with color to stack too. They were so inexpensive that it''s a great way to feed the Bling Monster Within without emptying the bank account, LOL!
HI:

DJ--thanks for the post. Could I ask you for some close-ups? My old eyes.......LOL I too thought of colored bands! Anyway, I might get a lot of use with these stacked bands--inclduing wearing them on my left hand (they might help my eternity ring fit better) and also with my ER ring (like Eve17). Several looks out of two bands--not to mention wearing them alone....or with other colored stone rings.....

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon - pics for you!

Here''s a SUPER close up. The gaps look huge in this pic; I swear they are not in real life, LOL!

band close up0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one so you can see that the smaller bands sit lower than the big band.

band from side 10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a different view.

band from side 20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally, I kept getting all these fire shots so I figure I might as well post one!

band fire shot0001.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent pictures DJ--thanks so much! Just what I wanted to see......they look as snug as a bug...... So if you don''t mind--could you discuss why you bought these instead of the other prong set bands you tried on? (better fit, look, style.....). Are these bands a "brand" or a vendor you were familiar with at the show? How wide are they?

Sorry for all the questions, but.......
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I got these instead of the prong set ones because I was worried that the girdles of the prong set ones would eat each other up over time, and these bands being of a different style "frame" the center band better, rather than just blending in more like three bands of all the same style would.

I don't know the exact mm size of the small bands but I just compared them to a 2 mm plain gold band that I have and the widths are very similar (if not the same).

The vendor is one that I've seen in previous shows, but they're not a "brand" or anything like that.

Another big factor for me was that they had a wide range of sizes right there that I could try on becuase the small bands on either side of the bigger band are a slightly larger size since they are on fatter parts of my finger. I was able to try on everying from a 4.5 to a 6 to find the best fit. (They even had them down to 3.5--too bad Mrs. Salvo wasn't there!--and they had larger ones as well.) I was a little uneasy about ordering a pair of bands "blind" and hoping I was getting the right size, but by virtue of being able to try them all that problem went away.

ETA: Let me also say that these were relatively inexpensive ($400 each) so I wasn't as worried about them being a mistake as if I make a $2,500 investment (i.e., the cost of the two prong set ones I was considering) and then not liking them.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you feel better soon Monnie! Sinus infections are no fun...but if it makes you feel any better I came down with strep yesterday! Yuck. I don''t remember coughing or sneezing but Catmom and DJ, you might want to drink some orange juice or something with vitamin c. I hope I didn''t make you sick! Monarch, I hope you can make it to the show in August.

Dee, I love the new shots of your rings. They''re seriously gorgeous and they look so good together!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Irish, I hope you are feeling better today! [and you too, Monnie]. You didn''t seem sick at all. Thanks for the warning.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2007 4:49:20 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Sharon, I got these instead of the prong set ones because I was worried that the girdles of the prong set ones would eat each other up over time, and these bands being of a different style ''frame'' the center band better, rather than just blending in more like three bands of all the same style would.

I don''t know the exact mm size of the small bands but I just compared them to a 2 mm plain gold band that I have and the widths are very similar (if not the same).

The vendor is one that I''ve seen in previous shows, but they''re not a ''brand'' or anything like that.

Another big factor for me was that they had a wide range of sizes right there that I could try on becuase the small bands on either side of the bigger band are a slightly larger size since they are on fatter parts of my finger. I was able to try on everying from a 4.5 to a 6 to find the best fit. (They even had them down to 3.5--too bad Mrs. Salvo wasn''t there!--and they had larger ones as well.) I was a little uneasy about ordering a pair of bands ''blind'' and hoping I was getting the right size, but by virtue of being able to try them all that problem went away.

ETA: Let me also say that these were relatively inexpensive ($400 each) so I wasn''t as worried about them being a mistake as if I make a $2,500 investment (i.e., the cost of the two prong set ones I was considering) and then not liking them.
HI:

Again, thanks DJ! Those bands are lovely and really a great price. At Easter, I tried on some cute stacking rings at this swish shop in my home town, but they were ultra thin and would not stand up to much/hard wear. In fact the SA mentioned that they really could not be repaired should they break--kinda of dispoable jewellery I''m thinkin, and NO thanks. I''ll be keepin my eyeball out for some quality rings..... Enjoy yours!

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you guys had a good time, sorry everyone couldn''t make it.

Love the rings DeeJay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results