carat
color
clarity

Caught the OEC bug, looking for advice

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1470818243|4064196 said:
sparkle45|1470677777|4063574 said:
It's so hard, as a waiting lady, to watch the stones drop off one by one and not know when inventory will be replenished!! :errrr: :cry:

Stop. Looking.

Seriously, you are needlessly torturing yourself for no reason. Whenever the time comes, you will get what is best and available.

Haha, don't worry Gypsy, I'm not torturing myself! I know good and well that SO won't even start looking at stones for another 4-5 months, so I am definitely not getting attached to any of them. Also, I know to keep in mind that reaching out to Adam at that point will likely turn up MANY good options that I'm currently unaware of because of the spotty nature of images on his website. I will likely have to go true old cut if I want to get into the 2ct range, but it was nice to go look at the 1.95 every now and then and imagine it being mine! :love:

PLUS, I want SO to have a say in all this, so it would be silly to get my heart set on any one stone or any one type of setting. I'm just in research mode to distract myself from the waiting crazies!! :angel:

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
edelweissmaedl|1470954767|4064937 said:
This is no pro picture and I know people don't seem to focus on ASETS for OECs, but what makes the facets blur red/blue? What is happening in the middle of the stone?

I'll leave your ASET question to people more knowledgeable than myself...

But I'm so excited to hear what you think of the L's performance and color! One thing to keep in mind on color is that tint varies. The M you saw that was way too yellow for you COULD have been tinted yellow, whereas this L could be tinted grey or brown, thus appearing "dark" enough to qualify as an L, but not super yellow. So keep an open mind!

There's a Pricescoper who recently got a custom cut AVC through GOG and had her heart set on "no lower than I/J" - well, it came out an L and she wound up loving it and keeping it!

Then again, you COULD hate it, but at least you will know that you DON'T want to sacrifice color for more size and be more content with the CAR.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results