color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 4:27:43 PM
Author: kas baby
I''m still on the hunt for a sapphire for my e-ring. We''re going to have it set in a white gold Vatche ''Swan'' setting
30.gif

right now for my birthday I''m getting a lotus ring from Heart of Water... Sally''s on the look-out for a star ruby/sapphire to center it without breaking the bank. I''m sooooo excited!
sweeet! love the Vatche Swan Setting! one of my all time favorite. Good luck on the ruby/sapphire though.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 3:13:27 PM
Author: giraffecushion
The same day I pick up the garnet ring I''ll be picking up a pair of stud earrings with the prasiolite trillions from artcutgems
nice! what size it this gemmy?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:42:44 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 7/1/2009 4:27:43 PM
Author: kas baby
I''m still on the hunt for a sapphire for my e-ring. We''re going to have it set in a white gold Vatche ''Swan'' setting
30.gif

right now for my birthday I''m getting a lotus ring from Heart of Water... Sally''s on the look-out for a star ruby/sapphire to center it without breaking the bank. I''m sooooo excited!
sweeet! love the Vatche Swan Setting! one of my all time favorite. Good luck on the ruby/sapphire though.
Jonathon (my fiance) and I love it too. I love it because in some ways it looks so simple, but then the profile is just gorgeous.

I''ll hear back from Sally by the end of next week. I''m keeping my fingers crossed

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:43:29 PM
nice! what size it this gemmy?
8mm each so ~3ct total. They''re very brilliant and the gf is really looking forward to them

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, fun! I have 2 pieces coming my way...

One is a beautiful estate piece that''s being rhodium plated and resized as we speak. It''s a 5-stone OEC ring with about a 0.33 ct center and 4 much smaller sidestones. Like my other tiny OEC, it''s in a square setting, which I love! Unlike my other OEC (which I love dearly but is not the best cut), this one has the most gorgeous facet pattern, and it''s so white (jeweler estimated it to be F/G color).

The second is my alexandrite lotus ring from Heart of Water. I''m finalizing the details now (decided to go with a two-tone gold setting). Sally is a joy to work with, and I just can''t wait to see the final result!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 3:02:21 PM
Author: Babyblue033
Date: 7/1/2009 1:32:36 PM

Author: MonkeyPie

I recently acquired some tiny octagon step cut sapphires that I plan to set into a DBTY type of necklace, but that won''t be for some time I think. Depends on if I can find someone willing to do it for a better price than $700.
7.gif

Maybe you already did and I missed it, but did you already look into all those etsy sellers for this project?

I have a bit, but most of the ones I have asked won''t do bezels for stones that small, or in that particular shape. I understand it''s harder, but it''s getting hard for ME, too!
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My PS gift is finally in the works.
9.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
ok this too - from Barry - another strawberry quartz! Yeah!

MVC-074S.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
everyone has such cool projects in the works
1.gif

I have a pink Sapphire DBY bracelet in the works. --I should call and check on that tomorrow.
I will have a necklace in the works-- but I need to wait until after the New York trip this month
31.gif

And then I have a few stones to set
21.gif

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Wow, so many projects!

Can someone please buy this? It''s gorgeous, but I already have a spess! I can''t buy another one!

My spess ring setting project is on hold, due to some other purchases, but hopefully will be done in the next few months. However, my Barry 3-stone umbalite ring is being resized this week - will be great to be able to wear it when it''s not 3 sizes too big!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 3:02:21 PM
Author: Babyblue033

Date: 7/1/2009 1:32:28 PM
Author: FrekeChild
1000 points! Nice job!
Yay! I''m getting good at this game!
36.gif
I''m really liking your new Topaz too.

Date: 7/1/2009 1:32:36 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I recently acquired some tiny octagon step cut sapphires that I plan to set into a DBTY type of necklace, but that won''t be for some time I think. Depends on if I can find someone willing to do it for a better price than $700.
7.gif
Maybe you already did and I missed it, but did you already look into all those etsy sellers for this project?

Simplysplendid, that color is yummy! I have a Tanga Garnet cushion from Barry and I love it even though it can be a bit moody sometimes. I hope you enjoy yours and can''t wait to see photos when you get it!
Thanks Babyblue.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I just got this today...

BarryT6219.jpg

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 7:14:02 AM
Author: simplysplendid
I just got this today...
Mmmm... yummmy. What are you going to do with it? Is it one of Barry''s new ones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this today...
Lucky you. I kept checking ACS today but he did not update the page until after I logged off only to find that the new Mozambique tourmaline looks quite pretty and are all sold out.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 4:38:58 AM
Author: Magenta
Wow, so many projects!

Can someone please buy this? It's gorgeous, but I already have a spess! I can't buy another one!

My spess ring setting project is on hold, due to some other purchases, but hopefully will be done in the next few months. However, my Barry 3-stone umbalite ring is being resized this week - will be great to be able to wear it when it's not 3 sizes too big!
I want that!
31.gif
sadly I have to wait to purchase any more gem for a while
39.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this today...
man Gorgeous! i need a similar shape and that color too..

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 7:48:18 AM
Author: Chrono

I just got this today...
Lucky you. I kept checking ACS today but he did not update the page until after I logged off only to find that the new Mozambique tourmaline looks quite pretty and are all sold out.
simplysplendid - congrats! that stone is gorgeous!
chrono - same thing here! I knew he''d be posting new stones but just couldn''t stay online. When I popped back on, a lot was posted and most already sold.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here are my splurges for the month from Barry:

BB am1993.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And this:

ETA: That bright lavendar/pink Mozambique tourmaline has been on his site for awhile - I had a hard time choosing, but got this one instead.

BB t1323 oval tourmaline.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this today...
I asked Barry about that stone, and he told me that two people tried buying it one minute apart. Congratulations!! You were able to quickly snag that one!!

Everyone who just bought Barry stones - please post pics when you get your lovelies!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani - Gorgeous Stones! I love them! congrats on the beauties, are the earrings? Amethyst? and the oval a tourmaline? haven't checked it site yet

ETA: awww I just saw that you added that the pink is a tourmalilne
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 9:14:19 AM
Cellentani - Gorgeous Stones! I love them! congrats on the beauties, are the earrings? Amethyst? and the oval a tourmaline? haven''t checked it site yet
Sorry I forgot to attach any info - it''s still early for me! Yes, the earrings are Uruguayan amethysts (7.8mm), and the other is a Mozambique tourmaline. This will be my first supernova oval - I can''t wait to see this cut in person.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 9:14:06 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I just got this today...
I asked Barry about that stone, and he told me that two people tried buying it one minute apart. Congratulations!! You were able to quickly snag that one!!

Everyone who just bought Barry stones - please post pics when you get your lovelies!!
TL, that was the first stone I clicked on too, but it was already listed as sold! And of course I''ll post pics - I always post way too many.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 9:20:49 AM
Author: cellentani
TL, that was the first stone I clicked on too, but it was already listed as sold! And of course I''ll post pics - I always post way too many.
As for the blue cushion tourmaline, some more interesting info from Barry since I continued to ask him questions about it even though it had sold. He was very nice and patiently answered my questions. He told me that the stone was from a small pocket of tourmaline recently discovered in Mozambique. He doesn''t know if it has copper in it, but he said it''s much cleaner than the typical copper bearing tourmaline (many have needles). He also said they''ve been heating this blue tourmaline to an electric green, but he wouldn''t do that, and wanted to leave the stone in it''s natural state.

Cellentani,
I''m so excited to see the pictures of your new gems as well. They''re lovely.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
TL-yup that was me! I also purchased the same lovely blue/green touramline cushion as SS!!! It was my birthday present!!! At least I get to enjoy pics from a PSer(congrats SS)! But this is the 2nd time that has happened to me with Barry''s site-honestly I am really sick of it!!! Really sucks actually! He needs to fix that glitch, if he doesn''t he''s going to have a lot of pissed off customers!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 9:11:44 AM
Author: cellentani
And this:

ETA: That bright lavendar/pink Mozambique tourmaline has been on his site for awhile - I had a hard time choosing, but got this one instead.
That was my temptation of the month, but I had to resist as I really need to focus on setting my new gems. I''m so glad you got it, now I get to live vicariously through you!
9.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to add- Congrats to everyone else on their new sparklies! Lovely!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m glad that PSers are snapping up all the lovely stones, that way I''ll get to see pictures!! YEAH!!

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
I was disappointed for missing out on some of Barry''s stones from his drop yesterday so please take pics when you get them!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SapphireLover, D&T, Cinnamon.

Hi Chrono, yes, very lucky indeed. I went to the website today and saw nothing, I refreshed the screen for the last time just before I left for work and saw it loaded and immediately bought it without much thinking!

Cellentani, I was considering the pink for a moment but fortunately it was sold, I have spent too much on gems of late..
1.gif

TL, thank you and thank you for the additional info on that..

Hi Stepcutnut, happy birthday and sorry I got to that first
15.gif
. Hope the double purchase issue can be easily resolved with Barry and hope he fixes that glitch soon.

Thank you all..

I have no idea what to do with it yet, I will keep you ladies posted..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results