carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:43:21 PM
Author: D&T
Fly Girl - Gorgeous color pink Cab - what will you do with it?
Catmom - My goodness what a scrumptious blue how will you set it? oh btw did you ever get the other pink spinel you got from Michael set? if so, pictures?
Thanks, D&T. A gold bezel and silver ring like mariedtiger''s is a possibility. But, I think I better wait on setting this stone until my amethyst briollet project is completed.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks D&T! It''s going to be a ring if I keep it. I haven''t set the spinel yet. Still looking for the right setting.

LaurenTP, I can''t wait to get it. It should be here Thursday or Friday. I really hope the color is like Michael''s pics. Here''s another.

cmsBarrelAqua1.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome stone, Catmom! Is this the start of a new suite, or do you already have matching pieces?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 7:17:15 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
So after seeing the photos of the pendant julia sent me, I couldn''t help thinking it looked like 50''s hair, so we went back to the original design, and I''m liking it much better! here are more ''in progress'' pics, it still needs to be polished and finished, but you get the rough idea. Hopefully it won''t be much longer now!

I think my next project will be a key pendant with julia. :)

get_convo_image.php.jpg

get2.jpg

Nice choice - this design looks a lot less "Judy Jetson" than the first! Can''t wait to see the final product!

As for my own updates, my 5-stone OEC ring has arrived and it''s beautiful!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-oldie.119248/

And I''ve pulled the trigger on the alex lotus from Sally - it''s being made as we speak!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....look at all of these PRETTIES!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 11:03:25 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Awesome stone, Catmom! Is this the start of a new suite, or do you already have matching pieces?
Thanks Fly Girl! Just adding to the pear pendant that I already have. I do have an aqua ring already but the color doesn''t really match the pendant. Michael cut the pear and he thinks the color of this stone would be a nice match to my pendant.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:08:36 PM
Author: Catmom

Date: 7/7/2009 11:03:25 PM
Thanks Fly Girl! Just adding to the pear pendant that I already have. I do have an aqua ring already but the color doesn''t really match the pendant. Michael cut the pear and he thinks the color of this stone would be a nice match to my pendant.
Sounds awesome. Your suites are the envy of many (well, me at least
9.gif
).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a great thread.

I have my mom''s ring up and coming with Julia Kay Taylor. She sent me a few pics of the ''in process'' of it all. It''s a concave peridot that''s going to be bezeled in 18K. I was debating diamond side stones so she dug some up for me so I could see if I liked it, and I didn''t so we''re going 18K gold balls on either side of the bezel and NO diamonds, and all of it will be between two shanks of Ar. silver.

The gold is not polished at all at this point. But I''m liking what I''m seeing.

Peridot in progress.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 7:17:15 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
So after seeing the photos of the pendant julia sent me, I couldn''t help thinking it looked like 50''s hair, so we went back to the original design, and I''m liking it much better! here are more ''in progress'' pics, it still needs to be polished and finished, but you get the rough idea. Hopefully it won''t be much longer now!

I think my next project will be a key pendant with julia. :)

get_convo_image.php.jpg

get2.jpg
MG It''s STUNNING! I love it. And can''t wait to see it finished!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:22:32 PM
I just got this star rose quartz cab from Barry. It is a very pretty pink stone. Hard to see the star, but it sure is a purdy pink. Not sure what I''m going to do with it yet.

That is pretty Fly Girl!!! I''ve been looking forward to seeing pics of it. Looking lovely and tranquil on that leaf.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and Michelle, what a fine aqua you have there, that color is one I could drown in, just looking at it
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GYPSY- It''s gorgeous and coming along nicely. I kinda like the not polished look a more satin finish?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Catmom - love the aqua, beautiful color

Flygirl - very pretty cab!

MTG - I can''t wait to see that necklace finished

Gyspy - That bezel is turning out really nice, the "in process" shots cool

Here is my new Berry stone - will probably get it the end of this week or early next week. I can''t wait to see the color IRL

smallberryruby.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:29:01 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Catmom - love the aqua, beautiful color

Flygirl - very pretty cab!

MTG - I can''t wait to see that necklace finished

Gyspy - That bezel is turning out really nice, the ''in process'' shots cool

Here is my new Berry stone - will probably get it the end of this week or early next week. I can''t wait to see the color IRL
Is that the ruby??!! I saw that last night - it looks gorgeous! Can''t wait to see your pics.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 10:29:01 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Love the Ruby!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This one is heading my way as we speak. Yay! I''ll just have to figure out to photograph it to show its beauty, Sally had the same problems with it as I did. Well, now it''s set, we''ll just head out into the sun
30.gif

il_430xN.79060771.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 12:58:10 PM
Author: mariedtiger
This one is heading my way as we speak. Yay! I''ll just have to figure out to photograph it to show its beauty, Sally had the same problems with it as I did. Well, now it''s set, we''ll just head out into the sun
30.gif
Thats gorgeous. What''s the metal?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
It''s silver, I like it a lot since it''s reasonably priced and stays white :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mariedtiger and LtlFirecracker! I can''t wait to see it in person.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
This is so beautiful, what is the name of this setting? Did you send your gemstone to Thailand or did you just purchase the setting from Sally?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
mariedtiger - I love that ring you''re getting!! I just combed Sally''s Etsy site and couldn''t find that setting - did you have it custom made? And how big is your stone? That is probably my favorite setting I''ve seen from her - it sits nice and low.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just got this bubble gum pink tourmaline cab today in the mail from Rick at Art Cut Gems. I hesitate a bit to show it, because it was rejected by a couple of other buyers for inclusions, and I figure the chances are pretty good it was someone on PS. But, I love the pink color, and the inclusions don''t bother me at all. I''m pretty sure it is a keeper, and I''m hoping to be able to give it a good home.

Bubbles6464.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl - is it really bubble gum pink?! It looks so much richer than that - very lovely!! Have any ideas for it?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 7:25:31 PM
Author: cellentani
Fly Girl - is it really bubble gum pink?! It looks so much richer than that - very lovely!! Have any ideas for it?
I think it matches my pink cosmos better than bubble gum. No setting ideas yet. I'll try to start a separate thread later tonight for your ideas.

And, thanks, cellentani!

CosmosPink6468.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FlyGirl - yummy pink!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - that is a yummy pink cab! I think it looks quite nice!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pink color Fly Girl!! Just yummy.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:12:16 PM
Author: Catmom
I love the pink color Fly Girl!! Just yummy.
Thanks, Catmom and D&T and cinnamon. BTW, I started another thread here, in case you would like to see some more pictures.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 5:25:17 PM
Author: simplysplendid

30.gif

This is so beautiful, what is the name of this setting? Did you send your gemstone to Thailand or did you just purchase the setting from Sally?

Sally made this for my garnet, so it doesn''t have a name
1.gif
I sent my gems to Thailand, six of them this time, and everything went well.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 5:38:03 PM
Author: cellentani
mariedtiger - I love that ring you''re getting!! I just combed Sally''s Etsy site and couldn''t find that setting - did you have it custom made? And how big is your stone? That is probably my favorite setting I''ve seen from her - it sits nice and low.

Cellentani, this was custom
1.gif
If you check out the sold items, you can see additional pictures. This setting can be set even lower, without the little disk that makes it stackable with my bands. My stone is 2.44 CTS, 8.60 X 7.50 MM. I''ll post hand shots as soon as I get it.

By the way, Sally is wonderful at interpreting wishes, so I''m sure she would customize this setting according to your wishes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results