shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Tourmaline Cabochon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just received this 5.35 ct pink tourmaline cabochon in the mail today from Rick at Art Cut Gems. I took it on a picture shoot, so get ready for lots of pictures. I''m also open to setting ideas.

Let''s begin with one of the vendor photos. Note that the stone has a fair number of inclusions. This worked to my advantage, because an earlier buyer returned the stone for this reason. Now, it''s at my house, and I plan to keep it.
31.gif

DCab20259.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Holding my new stone.

Bubbles6465.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This baby is really PINK.

Bubbles6464a.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some outdoor flower shots. With my hot pink cosmos.

CosmosPink6468a.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
With my two-tone pink cosmos. A great match.

CosmosPink6471.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is pretty, I can''t wait to see the rest of your pics

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
On a geranium leaf. A pretty pop of color.

GeraniumLeaf473.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Indoors under a regular incandescent light.

Incandescent6480.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the bright color and totally a great match with your cosmos flower

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love the stone.
Just gorgeous. Can''t wait to hear your plans for this beauty.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LtlFirecracker, D&T, and Pink Tower.

I''m not sure what to do with it.

I have been collecting a lot of cabs lately. Here is the pink tourmaline along with my new star rose quartz and a smaller rhodolite garnet, both from Barry at Acstones. This shot picks up a bit of the star in the rose quartz. I''m wondering if something could be done with the three stones. Maybe a bracelet or a pendant.

Trio6489.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here are the three cabs all lined up on my planter outside.

Trio6498.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 10:14:59 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I''m not sure what to do with it.

I have been collecting a lot of cabs lately. Here is the pink tourmaline along with my new star rose quartz and a smaller rhodolite garnet, both from Barry at Acstones. This shot picks up a bit of the star in the rose quartz. I''m wondering if something could be done with the three stones. Maybe a bracelet or a pendant.
hmmm, totally thinking a bangle with these gems
36.gif
bezel of course let me peek around, I have an idea but I don''t know if my written words will make sense...lol

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Maybe lined up in a pendant something like this??

Trio6507.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a bangle cuff like this?

banglecuffflygirl1.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:17:58 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 7/8/2009 10:14:59 PM

I'm not sure what to do with it.

I have been collecting a lot of cabs lately. Here is the pink tourmaline along with my new star rose quartz and a smaller rhodolite garnet, both from Barry at Acstones. This shot picks up a bit of the star in the rose quartz. I'm wondering if something could be done with the three stones. Maybe a bracelet or a pendant.
hmmm, totally thinking a bangle with these gems
36.gif
bezel of course let me peek around, I have an idea but I don't know if my written words will make sense...lol
Thanks, D&T. I'd appreciate any ideas. This kind of creativity escapes me. BTW, I stopped by one of my favorite jewelry stores today, and the people there encouraged me to bring in my gemstone collection for them to view. I think I'll do that soon, and see what sorts of ideas get generated. Looking at gemstones is such fun, isn't it?
1.gif

ETA - Oh, you already have a very cool idea up! Yes, I like that.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely. I''m so glad you are keeping it. The others are very nice as well.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is another sunny shot of the three cabs, more from the side. I''m a big fan of the red color family. Aren''t they pretty??
10.gif

Trio6508.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is a crazy idea... but i''m just throwing out ideas, how bout do a pendant for one, and then the other two smaller ones you can do a a twist bangle? here is a picture of my crazy pendant idea... =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Etsy Link i know crazy huh?

cableatherpendant111.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a rubellite. Does it hold it''s hot pink color in all lighting? That''s a good thing if it does!!
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and a twist bangle... something like this?

bangle twist109.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:41:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It looks like a rubellite. Does it hold it''s hot pink color in all lighting? That''s a good thing if it does!!
9.gif
Hi TL. Yes, I just did a walk though the house, and the cab looks distinctly pink, even under my yellow incandescents. It looks a bit nicer under the reveal lighting, though. It has a bit of a shift to violet, but still primarily pink, under the halogen. I don''t have any compact fluorescents in my house. Hate those things.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:39:51 PM
this is a crazy idea... but i''m just throwing out ideas, how bout do a pendant for one, and then the other two smaller ones you can do a a twist bangle? here is a picture of my crazy pendant idea... =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Etsy Link i know crazy huh?
Wow. That''s a leather setting. Nifty idea.

The twist bangle is really cute.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.
If you do what you are thinking of, maybe photo them with the larger stone in the middle for balance and then ponder it. I can''t tell if the sizes of the sides will be close enough to work. I LOVE the stones; is that a star on the lighter one?
It makes me think of sort of a scarab bracelet look.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 10:54:11 PM

Date: 7/8/2009 10:39:51 PM
Wow. That''s a leather setting. Nifty idea.

The twist bangle is really cute.
probably wouldn''t do it with your gems in leather, as I think they could plop right out...lol but just the look was kinda neat mabye in a different metal though more secure...,

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
No setting ideas sorry. I just wanted to say that''s a really pretty stone. I love the color!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, that is a gorgeous cab. Love the deep rich pink color. I would do a pendant with it.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
The color is awesome...that is so neat that second to last flower pic you took..the color matches almost perfect..very unique picture!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FlyGirl, that is really beautiful, a powerful color! And that star rose quartz is lovely, that pink is so fresh and delicate!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful. Truly. A definite keeper.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results