shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have no new stones, but am doing a major setting project. I am setting 3 little Berry stones into stacker rings and I am setting my aqua. All are going to HeartofWater - an etsy vendor.

Cindi - I want pics of the pink spinel. I would love to have one of those stones!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!

Knobby''s gotten pretty buddy-buddy with the jeweler in the lobby of his studio building, but yesterday was the jeweler''s last day.
39.gif

There was this beautiful peridot ring that really caught my eye, but I''d just gotten a birthday bauble, and by the time we got back to it, someone had snapped it up! I couldn''t find it in this certain combo ANYWHERE, after hundreds of Google searches. So Knobby, poor beleaguered Knobby, went in and now the jeweler is going to ask the designer if he could make or find another for this crazy woman so her poor husband can hear the end of it. They have a little reunion dinner set up at a jewelry show next month in NYC, so . . . I will be fervently crossing my fingers and whatnot that it can be done. And the best part? Jeweler told us he''d let us have it at the clearance price of the one we missed -- score!

Love the two-tone gold (might be hard to tell with that view and lighting, but it''s yellow gold for the peridot setting and side "buckles", and white gold for the band), the buckle, and how it lies really flat on the finger.

Pixy Peridot Ring.jpg

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
After the peridot . . . this is another piece from the same jeweler that we missed out on . . . so I will be searching for the aqua myself.

Obviously, I have a list building that may last me a good few years'' worth of allowances and birthday money!

Pixy Aqua.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fiery- fantastic Pieces! Makes a big statement too. so what yah going to do with your amethyst?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 6:13:33 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I have no new stones, but am doing a major setting project. I am setting 3 little Berry stones into stacker rings and I am setting my aqua. All are going to HeartofWater - an etsy vendor.

Cindi - I want pics of the pink spinel. I would love to have one of those stones!
how long does the whole process take? I dont even know how long it takes to get to Thailand from the states?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 6:32:00 PM
Author: D&T
Fiery- fantastic Pieces! Makes a big statement too. so what yah going to do with your amethyst?

I have to hold off on the amethyst setting until I see if we can get the peridot . . . at this point it seems I''m going to end up going a comparatively plain custom route instead of LOGR. Waiting on a v.busy (they''re always busy!) designer to get back to me about some pictures and measurements I left for him. Basically, it''s all a waiting game!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 6:33:14 PM
Date: 6/30/2009 6:13:33 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

how long does the whole process take? I dont even know how long it takes to get to Thailand from the states?

I just started it. I will let you know when the process is complete. I am anticipating 1-2 weeks for the delivery, 2 weeks to set the stones and 1-2 weeks for the return shipment. So I figure I am looking at least a month if not longer.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have vendor pics of one of the stones I mentioned earlier, and I''m totally slacking on my final paper, so I thought I should share with you guys.

This was cut in 1987. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldeny Barry stone.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking a little different in different lighting.

Unfortunately I didn't grab the other pic of the other stone in time before he took it off the site...

Peachy Barry stone.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 5:20:37 PM
Author: Babyblue033
D&T, I''m sorry for the threadjacking too! But this is a fun thread!
9.gif
Ok, since I have contributed to the threadjacking of your other thread I''ll fess up although I don''t have my own photos yet.

Barry''s photo in this case was not the best representation of the stone, but something about it just grabbed me even though I normally don''t seem to connect with pink tourmalines and definitely spent more than I normally would
38.gif
But it''s hard to wallow in regret when the stone IRL is one of my favorite pinks and much much prettier and brighter than the picture shows
30.gif
My favorite part about it is how GREAT it looks indoors, something I''ve been missing with my other stones that look great under natural lighting but definitely tone down once inside.

I did get something else in bright pink but I''ll get in trouble if I talk about it
27.gif
Between these two stones I might actually be done with pink stones for now
6.gif

Wha??!! Never!
39.gif
I was just telling someone we should start a pink thread.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any stones coming yet, but DH left for Thailand today.....
And I got word from LOGR that my setting shipped yesterday, so maybe I''ll finally get my umba set before too long. Vallejo should be cutting me something pretty soon, I think.
31.gif

I love hearing about everyone''s projects!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I just got this pretty from Dan....she''s amazing!

Lori

DANto1149.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy crap Lauren! That color jumps off the screen. Can''t believe you have to wait till Sept to see that in person!
39.gif

Fierypyropixy, so you did decide on the setting for your Amethyst? I was waiting to see what you end up going with, can''t wait to hear more about it!

FrekeChild, wow that stone just glows. So what else did you get?
31.gif

Date: 6/30/2009 5:23:12 PM
ooohh do spill!
Shhhh, it''s a... sinthetic
6.gif
I''ve been wanting a nice asscher for awhile and was always impressed with Peter Toracca''s asscher stones shown here. Now I have one even if I can''t show it off here
5.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I should be receiving my peridot/white topaz necklace from 23rd Street Jewelers soon. Here is a photo of their yellow sapphire/diamond one.....mine looks just like this, but with different gemstones.
9.gif

Lori

23stneck.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 8:34:46 PM
Author: loriken214
Lori
So you''re the one who got that! Dan''s been cutting a lot of very pretty pink stones lately that makes my mouth water. When will we see pictures?
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''ve ordered this watch, too. It was on sale and I''m SO excited! It is the Omega with the colored gemstones.

Lori

OMEGAIRISWATCH95.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freke..that is an odd colored stone...something different..cool

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:40:24 PM

Lori
So you''re the one who got that! Dan''s been cutting a lot of very pretty pink stones lately that makes my mouth water. When will we see pictures?
2.gif
Yep, it was me....I have a brand new camera sitting here in the box. I''ve been very sick lately and haven''t been up to doing much of anything, except a little posting, and will attempt photos just as soon as I can. My hands are shaking too much to get a decent shot of anything...even with my cell phone! I need to order a tripod.

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone want to guess what it is?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:58:49 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I just want one!!!

Lori

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about some hints to get us started?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 9:28:55 PM
How about some hints to get us started?
I should clarify...what the peach stone is.

Although, I will take guesses about what the other stone I have at home is.

Here is a hint on that regard: It is blue.

Second hint: It was cut by Barry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, I''ll bite.
The pink is a malaya or some sort of garnet.
The blue is another spinel.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:38:50 PM

Fierypyropixy, so you did decide on the setting for your Amethyst? I was waiting to see what you end up going with, can''t wait to hear more about it!

Hey Babyblue - thanks for asking, I''m flattered!
1.gif
No setting decision yet . . . still thinking about some options. I''ll surely post the second I decide, b/c I love how everyone here shares my excitement about the jewels!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the peach stone Freke!

I love the peachy colors in general, but unfortunately I AM peachy colored in skin tone, lol, so I can''t really pull off those colors well and therefore haven''t bought any in that color range. Even the pinks don''t look quite right on me (though it hasn''t really stopped me, hehe).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 9:37:13 PM
Author: Chrono
Freke, I''ll bite.
The pink is a malaya or some sort of garnet.
The blue is another spinel.
One is right, and one is wrong.
3.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lori, sorry to hear you''re not feeling well. Hope you''ll feel better, and in the meanwhile you have all those pretty stones to cheer you up
2.gif

Date: 6/30/2009 9:38:34 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
Hey Babyblue - thanks for asking, I''m flattered!
1.gif
No setting decision yet . . . still thinking about some options. I''ll surely post the second I decide, b/c I love how everyone here shares my excitement about the jewels!
Fiery, by any chance are you leaning towards LM setting???

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe . . . Freke, you''re such a tease.
2.gif

Babyblue: I''m thinking mostly no, but maybe taking an idea from it . . . I have a few more ideas but I''ll have to find them, and then I''ll post them on my thread -- I feel like I''ve hijacked this one enough with my whopping big pics at the top of the page!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:46:52 PM

Date: 6/30/2009 8:40:24 PM

Lori
2.gif
Yep, it was me....I have a brand new camera sitting here in the box. I''ve been very sick lately and haven''t been up to doing much of anything, except a little posting, and will attempt photos just as soon as I can. My hands are shaking too much to get a decent shot of anything...even with my cell phone! I need to order a tripod.

Lori
Hugs Lori xx

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread! Yay. I can''t wait to see all of your lovelies when they arrive!

I''m having this mali garnet from Multicolour set in a silver ring by Sally. I stalked this stone for a year before I put it in my cart. I''m waiting for this to be done before I''ll have both it and the aqua pendant sent to me
31.gif

malimulticolour.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results