shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s pretty Fly Girl! What are your plans for it?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 3:48:48 PM
Author: packrat
That''s pretty Fly Girl! What are your plans for it?
Thanks, packrat. I''m not sure yet. I''ve just been on a chalcedony kick lately, and this one looked especially nice.
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Fly Girl. Care to share the vendor with us?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2009 3:46:21 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I snapped up this 7 ct lavender Oregon Holley Blue chalcedony cabochon off of etsy this morning for $19 including shipping. If it looks half as good in person as it does in this picture, I am going to be a happy camper.

Vendor''s comments: ''Excellent all over polish; gorgeous silvery lavender tones with a lovely incandescent effect! Great-hard to find-quality! Flat bottom and domed top.'' The cab is 15mm L X 11.5mm W; 5.5 mm thick.
Nice Fly Girl- looks so glowy
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 7:29:52 PM
Author: Gailey
Gorgeous Fly Girl. Care to share the vendor with us?
Thanks Gailey and D&T. The vendor is dmargocr.

Here is another shot of the stone. It almost looks to me like the lavender splits between blue and pink, depending on the lighting. I''m looking forward to getting it.
1.gif

il_430xN_86094943.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cab Fly Girl, you have a good eye for finding pretty gems.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That cab is really pretty Fly Girl. It is such a nice, soft color. Pendant maybe?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, LG.

Thanks, Cindy. A pendant is a possibility.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember when I said I wanted to go bigger on the sphene I had? ok so I went bigger
3.gif
I won''t tell HOW much bigger...at least not yet, but I WILL say that its a big ol greenie. The stone looks pretty gorgeous from the pics. Its also a scissor cut so it will not be sparkly as much as flashy. thats cool since I want to do a pendant for it (which is all pandoras fault!). Will post it up when I get it this week.

-A

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I had a few days off last week, so to pass the time I went and visited with my jeweler and left him with a few of my stones to set. I''m getting my pear rubelite set into a necklace and my new little sapphire set into a ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok here it is!

Color:: Wonderfully Greenish yellow Multi5A
Shape::scissorcut
Size:: 11.02 x 7.68 x 5.18 mm.
Weight:: 4.20 CT (WHOOHOO!)

Vendor Pic

vendorpicsphene00.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Pic Which is no where NEAR as good!

I'll have to take pictures when the sun is out apparently, its amazing and will damn near blind a person. This is going to definitly be a pendant!

bigsphenearc1.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning stone, Arcadian! Do you have a setting in mind, yet? I''m thinking that a halo would be overkill for such a stone, but I know they are very popular.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I agree, absolutely stunning. Where did you get it Arcadian?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I heard from Quest that my blue topaz and LOGR legacy went to final polishing this afternoon, and will be ready for pick-up tomorrow! It was insanely expensive to set, but I''m confident that it will be done right. Yay!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone was purchased through exportgems on ebay. really a great outfit to work through, the gem took 4 days to get to me because they agreed to pay for the shipping via fed ex.

Price was very good for the size and cutting. The auction came with free shipping via us mail. I told them I'd do a buy it now if they agreed to free fedex (which they charge 30 bucks for). The stone is very clean to the eye (inclusions are very hard to find but 1 tiny one under 10x) The facets on this stone is stunning in real life and being being quite large means you really do see them double quite a lot.

And the fire oh wow. Its just unfreakingbelievable! There's blue, voilet, red, green, yellow, orange, fire everwhere nearly all the time except under halogen lights. in Halogen light it glows.

I for sure want to set this in a the most invisible setting I can find...that stone speaks volumes all by itself, so no halo for this one.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW flygirl, you are really making me want to get some chalcedony. the pieces you have are really gorgeous.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl,
That’s a nice looking cabochon. Have you received it yet?
Arcadian,
Another sphene?
31.gif
You’ve captured the dispersion well. It’s a lovely stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I was feenin for some sphene
3.gif
I think that this may be satisfactory though because of the size.

-A

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, that cut is PERFECT for that coloring. Wow, it WILL blind someone!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2009 8:28:53 PM
Author: Arcadian
Ok here it is!

Color:: Wonderfully Greenish yellow Multi5A
Shape::scissorcut
Size:: 11.02 x 7.68 x 5.18 mm.
Weight:: 4.20 CT (WHOOHOO!)

Vendor Pic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That sphene is beautifl!! I need to get a sphene...

Finally got my malaya, blue tourmaline, and the BE pad set. Picture of all the rings aquired during my stay here in PS...just noticed that I forgot my diamond ring, blue sapphire and my spess pendant for the photo shoot!!
6.gif

SSCN7208.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings Mochi!
30.gif

I would say yes to getting a sphene.
21.gif
The other night I played with my new stone...for a few hours *lol* I''m partial to the greens (the greener the better IMO), though there are also really nice yellow/honey colors.

-A

snowc

Rough_Rock
11 days and counting.. I''m getting my custom engagement ring :) .33 ct diamonds on the band and a 2 ct. aqua!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 8:29:06 PM
Author: mochi
That sphene is beautifl!! I need to get a sphene...

Finally got my malaya, blue tourmaline, and the BE pad set. Picture of all the rings aquired during my stay here in PS...just noticed that I forgot my diamond ring, blue sapphire and my spess pendant for the photo shoot!!
6.gif
Best you go back and do it again then. And then write out 1000 times, "Mochi must try harder"
emwink.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

So next up for Gailey is to set the morganites in simple white gold baskets with a little loop for the post of my new pearl studs, or diamond studs to go through. Here''s a pic of how they will look (sort of!).

Oh, and I got my Malaya garnet back from the jeweller set in a cut down version of my Isle of Capri Aqua setting.

Pictures of that later, waiting for the camera battery to charge!

Pearls and morganite for Gailey 0601.jpg

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
18.gif

What a collection!
30.gif

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, finally registered. The colored stones is my favorite forum, I am just in awe of everyone''s collections.

Would it be okay to post a thread with my wirework collection? They are real gemstone beads.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 1:18:59 AM
Author: tntyau
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, finally registered. The colored stones is my favorite forum, I am just in awe of everyone''s collections.

Would it be okay to post a thread with my wirework collection? They are real gemstone beads.
Hi tntyau!
35.gif

Welcome to PS!

Please post away....

Lori

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Lori!

-Tanya

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results